Hasnat Khan

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have always thought that it was he that Diana really loved when she died. I am glad that he has found happiness and I wish him good luck .

The best man that Diana ever had in her life. He respected her and loved her very much. But unfortunately it didn't work, was it Diana's fault, it has been said she was too possessive?

Does anyone have a picture of Dr. Khan? I don't think I've seen one of him before. Thanks!

Wow, I am surprised. For one, I swear I read somewhere a few years ago that Khan had agreed to some sort of arranged marriage. Did anyone else remember this/see this?

The other reaction I had, was : perhaps it is a lucky thing that Diana isn't around to hear this news. She would have been so devastated; this man might well have been the love of her life. It is said he broke it off with her over two things:
--the fact she was a spotlight hound, and he loathed publicity and the circus around her
--the fact his parents much opposed the union: Diana wasn't muslim, she was caucatian, and divorced to boot. They are said to haven't thought Diana a good match fr their son, princess or not.

After he (was said to have) broke up with Diana, she started that ill-fated fling with Dodi Fayed, some say to show Khan a lesson, to win him back..

Again, if Diana had still been with us, she would have had to witness Khan's marrying a much younger girl, who is Afghan royalty even!

Quoting from thepeople.co.uk:
"Dr Hasnat Khan, 46, wed stunning Hadia Sher Ali, 28 - a descendant of Afghan royalty - in a lavish ceremony in Jhelum, Pakistan."

Thanks! He's very good looking. It seems he also has class and didn't cash in on Diana's death, as others did.

Well good for him...hopefully its a love match cause thats quite an age difference.

Seriously..if Camilla and Charles are entitled to some happiness, isn't he? And yes, its great that he has never spoken about his relationship with Diana. That shows some class and affection for her on his part IMO.

The wedding was in Jhelum, well, not much to say to that really.

I hope the couple are happy together.

I hope that they are very happy together. It seems like he is only one of a few people that was a true friend to the princess. I sure that she would be happy that he is finally finding happiness .

I think Diana showed a rare good judgement in men when she entered into a relationship with Hasnat. He does really seem like such a decent man - someone with a bit of integrity. I'm sure he could retire a rich man if he chose to sell his memoirs, but to his credit he is one of the few people in Diana's life who has chosen NOT to go that route.

I can't help wondering what path Diana's life would have taken if their relationship would have worked out???

I am happy for the doctor and his bride. I hope he is happy and they have a lasting loving relationship.:)

The gentleman never said a word about DIana to the press . He will always be remembered for that.:) :)

I think it was only James Hewitt that ever told his story.:mad: I don't recall any other of her male friends coming forward. Regarding Carling, I believe it was his wife the went to the press! I don't think there was anything between them anyway...:)

Kate Julie said:
I am happy for the doctor and his bride. I hope he is happy and they have a lasting loving relationship.:)

The gentleman never said a word about DIana to the press . He will always be remembered for that.:) :)

I think it was only James Hewitt that ever told his story.:mad: I don't recall any other of her male friends coming forward. Regarding Carling, I believe it was his wife the went to the press! I don't think there was anything between them anyway...:)

Julia Carling did indeed go to the media and made accusatory remarks about her husband's relationship with Princess Diana. Some said she did it as much to promote her own image as to get a bit of her own back with her husband.

I wish Hasnat Khan well. I respect him very much for never sharing a single thought about the late Princess with anyone. His behavior has been beyond reproach and I hope he has found happiness.

I hope he'll be very happy with his new wife.

Debby

Hasnat Khan must have been one of the most chivalrous men in her life.

If memory serves me right, Mr. Khan has told during the Daily Mail interview that he has separated from his wife, Hadia Sher Ali, whom he married in a lavish Muslim ceremony in Jhelum in May 2006. Hadia Sher Ali is said to belong to Afghan nobility.

I find this disterbing.. in mintute 1:17- 1:44.. He never spoke about it because he wanted as much money as he could get. Its like he waited until a rainy day (a time of financial trouble) to talk about her,

Thanks for posting this. I remember watching the funeral and thinking how haunting this particular piece of music was and then toward the end it turns "joyous" or "hopeful." Does anyone know if this part of the funeral is posted anywhere?

I find this disterbing.. in mintute 1:17- 1:44.. He never spoke about it because he wanted as much money as he could get. Its like he waited until a rainy day (a time of financial trouble) to talk about her,

I've listened to it twice and don't get that impression at all. How do you know he was he paid for this?

Money??:eek:

He could have made a fortune from it long ago and to suggest that is his motivation now for speaking so politely and respectfully about Diana is certainly disturbing.:mad:

I don't think he got paid for the interview, but I don't know. I think he truly loved her, and still keeps her in his heart. He seems like a kind man. Seriously, if he wanted money, he could have written a book detailing their time together and made a fortune. I think the only reason he is speaking now is because of the inquest.

He looks like a very nice man. IMO they would have been really happy but he was 'right' to think her celebrity would break it all.

Eh? The wiredest thing I've heard from you.. You just insulted Hasnat :bang:

It seem you don't know anything about Hasnat Khan.. He is never interested to make money from the media.. if he do.. he should done that many years ago.. Do you know Diana and Hasnat was in secret relationship for 2 years and was about to get married.. Hasnat is a lovely man and he respect his privacy very much.. it is well known..

Butler, Paul is the one trying to make a lot of money, from books, media, tv show, etc. Hasnat never did that because he is a doctor and keeping away from public domain...

Separation?

If memory serves me right, Mr. Khan has told during the Daily Mail interview that he has separated from his wife, Hadia Sher Ali, whom he married in a lavish Muslim ceremony in Jhelum in May 2006. Hadia Sher Ali is said to belong to Afghan nobility.

I see.

He didn't speak of it, here, so I had assumed he were still married.

I Agree!

I've listened to it twice and don't get that impression at all. How do you know he was he paid for this?

I agree, Emmily.

I don't get the impression of him being a money-grubber at all, sorry!

He looks terribly sad, and a bit lonely to be honest with you, but I could be reading more into this than is necessary.

Back
Top Bottom