The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #161  
Old 05-10-2011, 09:27 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Londoon, United Kingdom
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiea View Post
RestinpeaceDiana beautifully written. I real agree with the parts that are bolded.

Just a cruel irony. Diana, Princess of Wales died because her heart got injuried in the accident. I read that Dr. Kahn wished he was there to save her.
Yes I have read that too, infact here is an extract by Paul Burrell in which he details how Dr Khan was painfully regretting the condition from which Diana died.
'I could have saved Diana,' wept Hasnat | Mail Online
Apparently she had a ruptured aorta which I thought (being a medical student) would be fatal if not treated within minutes of the accident, but I am no expert cardiothoracic surgeon as Dr Khan is so I suppose my judgements dont really compare to his.
The article also documents a little bit about the nature of their relationship which I think is quite interesting since very little information is actually around, it really does give the impression that Diana was hopelessly in love with the man. You are right it is indeed a tragic irony that the man who fixed the hearts of strangers could not mend the broken heart of his dearest lover. However, I think it is important that we bear in mind that Burrell might be exaggerating some things to make his book more appealing but if his description of Dr Khan's behaviour is mildly true then I can't help but sympathise with the man. I hope he does not feel like he was responsible for her death. I have seen an article of an interview he gave once saying that he "felt like screaming in pain" which leads me to think that he really did reciprocate her love however, tragically for him she was gone before he could reconcile her. Now after 14 years Dr Khan is with his new wife and I really hope he is happy with her because I can say with conviction that the ghost of Diana looks upon him with great affection.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #162  
Old 05-11-2011, 06:51 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Londoon, United Kingdom
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk
Well I wasn't counting James Hewitt as one of the men who Diana loved. I think they both needed something at the time and they provided it to each other. An attraction, comfort, etc. If James truly loved Diana he wouldn't have sold her out. I think his selling of Diana has caused his life to run off course.

Hasnat loved Diana but not enought to overcome religious issues and the fame that was attached to her.

Charles loved Diana but their love couldn't overcome their issues and incompatability, and honestly, Camilla was always his true love.

And before anyone goes there, I am just keeping it basic. I am well aware of the issues that Diana had with both men that were of her making.

My point in my initial statement is that Diana died without having someone who truly loved her for her. Issues and all. And I am certainly not counting Dodi.
Yes you are correct. I completely agree in that I feel Diana's relationships with Hewitt and Dodi were both facultative relationships. I believe Hewitt was an escape from the troubles she had with Charles in the late 80s and early 90s whilst Dodi was a way to dissipate the relationship breakdown between her and Dr Khan. However, having said that one wonders why she started seeing Dodi before breaking up with the doctor, I guess it was probably because she felt her relationship with Khan had stagnated in the sense that he did not wish to go public about it, so she seeked short term rewards by seeing Dodi. In fact, many of her friends including Rosa Monckton admit that she was still upset on the trip and still missed the doctor. As for Hewitt and Dodi it's obvious that they were in it for social advancement and probably personal satisfaction (since it probably satisfied their egos to be romancing with the most glamourous woman in the world). However, coming back to Khan, it would have been interesting to have seen how Diana's relationship with him would have developed (or not) upon her return. Perhaps their transient time apart would have made them realise how much they miss being with one another so I guess they could have potentially got back together. It would have also been interesting how Diana would have handled Dodi in this situation because needless to say, after having showered upon her constant expensive gifts and luxuries, Dodi would have been expecting something in return, I am sure he would not be delighted to learn of Dr Khan and Diana might just have seen his more impetuous side.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #163  
Old 05-12-2011, 10:57 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Londoon, United Kingdom
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhon11234

You bring up some very very valid points.
Thanks, it's just my own opinion.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #164  
Old 05-12-2011, 12:03 PM
KittyAtlanta's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: KittyLand Junction, United States
Posts: 2,837
Poor Khan has had to move to Malaysia to disensnare himself from the late Princess of Wales. I don't know if he has "talked" for money, but he certainly did talk.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #165  
Old 05-12-2011, 08:18 PM
georgiea's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: N/A, United States
Posts: 1,644
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
Poor Khan has had to move to Malaysia to disensnare himself from the late Princess of Wales. I don't know if he has "talked" for money, but he certainly did talk.
KittyAtlanta they last I hear of Dr. Khan was that he moved back to Britain and married a doctor there.

Did he move to Malaysia?
When did he talk to the press?
__________________
Watch your actions, for they become your habits. Watch your habits because they become your character. Watch your character, for it becomes your destiny.
Reply With Quote
  #166  
Old 05-12-2011, 08:21 PM
georgiea's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: N/A, United States
Posts: 1,644
Quote:
Originally Posted by RestinpeaceDiana View Post
Yes you are correct. I completely agree in that I feel Diana's relationships with Hewitt and Dodi were both facultative relationships. I believe Hewitt was an escape from the troubles she had with Charles in the late 80s and early 90s whilst Dodi was a way to dissipate the relationship breakdown between her and Dr Khan. However, having said that one wonders why she started seeing Dodi before breaking up with the doctor, I guess it was probably because she felt her relationship with Khan had stagnated in the sense that he did not wish to go public about it, so she seeked short term rewards by seeing Dodi. In fact, many of her friends including Rosa Monckton admit that she was still upset on the trip and still missed the doctor. As for Hewitt and Dodi it's obvious that they were in it for social advancement and probably personal satisfaction (since it probably satisfied their egos to be romancing with the most glamourous woman in the world). However, coming back to Khan, it would have been interesting to have seen how Diana's relationship with him would have developed (or not) upon her return. Perhaps their transient time apart would have made them realise how much they miss being with one another so I guess they could have potentially got back together. It would have also been interesting how Diana would have handled Dodi in this situation because needless to say, after having showered upon her constant expensive gifts and luxuries, Dodi would have been expecting something in return, I am sure he would not be delighted to learn of Dr Khan and Diana might just have seen his more impetuous side.
Beautifully expressed RestinpeaceDiana. Agree strongly with what is bold above.
__________________
Watch your actions, for they become your habits. Watch your habits because they become your character. Watch your character, for it becomes your destiny.
Reply With Quote
  #167  
Old 05-12-2012, 08:09 PM
ghost_night554's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 3,786
k I dunno where in the heck to put this. In a rare interview Hasnat speaks about Diana

'Phone hackers violated me. It's terrible... it feels as if I've been robbed': Diana's 'Mr Wonderful' demands investigation after police tell him his voicemail may have been accessed illegally | Mail Online
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #168  
Old 05-12-2012, 08:52 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Washington, United States
Posts: 816
I would think a physician would understand that bulimia and depression are mental illnesses. I agree that she had every right to expect her husband to be faithful, but it is extremely odd that a physician believes that it was normal for Diana throw herself down a flight of stairs or cut herself. Unfortunately the people around Princess Diana never really seemed to understand that she didn't need people to validate her behavior, she needed help controlling her destructive impulses.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #169  
Old 05-13-2012, 01:55 PM
Mermaid1962's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: NearTheCoast, Canada
Posts: 5,189
Is it possible that Diana presented a different "face" to Dr. Khan? Or perhaps he brought out of the best in her. I find it odd that he's 53 and not yet married. Perhaps he's a workaholic.


Quote:
Originally Posted by US Royal Watcher View Post
I would think a physician would understand that bulimia and depression are mental illnesses. I agree that she had every right to expect her husband to be faithful, but it is extremely odd that a physician believes that it was normal for Diana throw herself down a flight of stairs or cut herself.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #170  
Old 05-14-2012, 05:21 AM
georgiea's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: N/A, United States
Posts: 1,644
Diana, Princess of Wales when she dated Dr. Khan was free from bulimia. Her last years she was fighting for a divorce settlement with the Prince. I think Hasnat only saw a woman trying to get out of a bad marriage. Princess Diana was also very needed with the doctor's time and affection. If anything was wrong with Diana it would be her neediness.
__________________
Watch your actions, for they become your habits. Watch your habits because they become your character. Watch your character, for it becomes your destiny.
Reply With Quote
  #171  
Old 11-07-2012, 11:48 PM
roseroyal's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Rapid River, United States
Posts: 3,571
Khan relatives visit KP, 1996

Rare pictures of Princess Diana with Hasnat Khan's Grandmother* - Princess Diana Remembered
__________________
The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall- Nelson Mandela
Reply With Quote
  #172  
Old 11-08-2012, 01:02 AM
Moonmaiden23's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 4,560
I so wish those two had gotten their happy ending. I believe they did love one another deeply, and if they had been willing to commit and make sacrifices would have been able to have something beautiful and special together.

Thinking about what might have been is simply heartbreaking.
__________________
"Be who God intended you to be, and you will set the world on fire" St. Catherine of Siena
Reply With Quote
  #173  
Old 11-08-2012, 03:11 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: alpine village, Germany
Posts: 1,804
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
I so wish those two had gotten their happy ending. I believe they did love one another deeply, and if they had been willing to commit and make sacrifices would have been able to have something beautiful and special together.

Thinking about what might have been is simply heartbreaking.
I'm not so convinced it was real love on Diana's side. If so, why Dodi? I rather think she was, probably subconciously, trying out classical types of "heroes" - first the Prince, then the "powerful police protection officer", then "the dashing Guard", after that "the successful businessman", then "the reknown heart-surgeon" and in the end the "billionaire from 1001 Nights".
Always searching for "Mr. Right". Sad, but pathetic, too.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #174  
Old 11-08-2012, 12:11 PM
roseroyal's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Rapid River, United States
Posts: 3,571
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
I so wish those two had gotten their happy ending. I believe they did love one another deeply, and if they had been willing to commit and make sacrifices would have been able to have something beautiful and special together.

Thinking about what might have been is simply heartbreaking.
Same here. Agree 100% with what you said. Could not have said it better-It is heartbreaking.
__________________
The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall- Nelson Mandela
Reply With Quote
  #175  
Old 11-08-2012, 01:15 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Toronto (ON) & London (UK), Canada
Posts: 5,261
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kataryn View Post
I'm not so convinced it was real love on Diana's side. If so, why Dodi? I rather think she was, probably subconciously, trying out classical types of "heroes" - first the Prince, then the "powerful police protection officer", then "the dashing Guard", after that "the successful businessman", then "the reknown heart-surgeon" and in the end the "billionaire from 1001 Nights".
Always searching for "Mr. Right". Sad, but pathetic, too.
I agree. I think she was a rather needy woman but in the end no man could give her the 24/7 attention she seemed to require.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #176  
Old 11-08-2012, 02:48 PM
sirhon11234's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 2,464
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kataryn View Post
I'm not so convinced it was real love on Diana's side. If so, why Dodi? I rather think she was, probably subconciously, trying out classical types of "heroes" - first the Prince, then the "powerful police protection officer", then "the dashing Guard", after that "the successful businessman", then "the reknown heart-surgeon" and in the end the "billionaire from 1001 Nights".
What exactly is real love? You have Hollywood's version and then reality sets in and one realizes loves is a bunch of things. Complicated, imperfect, wonderful, stormy,etc...
I never believed the lady loved Dodi it appeared that they were simply enjoying each other's company nothing serious. I believe she did love Hasnat but he wasn't comfortable with her fame and the attention it would bring to him. I can't blame him and I can't blame her for ending the relationship since it didn't seem they had a future together.

Quote:
Always searching for "Mr. Right". Sad, but pathetic, too
To each is his own. Some people are content with just being by themselves. For others finding love and having a partner in life is what make him or her happy. It's not pathetic imo.
__________________
"I think the biggest disease the world suffers from in this day and age is the disease of people feeling unloved."
Diana, the Princess of Wales
Reply With Quote
  #177  
Old 11-08-2012, 11:33 PM
Moonmaiden23's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 4,560
Hasnat gave an interview not so long ago. He has not been able to have a successful relationship since Diana's death. He spoke very movingly about their plans and dreams for the future, and how many regrets he has that it didn't work out for them.

He has so many regrets and still seems heartbroken over her.

I think she was very fond of Dodi and very grateful to him. I am not sure they would have gone the distance, even though he sounds like he was a sweet guy. In the end I don't believe he was substantial enough for Diana.

We will never know.
__________________
"Be who God intended you to be, and you will set the world on fire" St. Catherine of Siena
Reply With Quote
  #178  
Old 03-16-2013, 08:24 PM
gfg02's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: *******, Brazil
Posts: 1,411
Princess Diana's lover suspects her last voice messages were hacked

Princess Diana's lover suspects her last voice messages were hacked - Telegraph
__________________

__________________
If you find someone you love in your life, then hang on to that love. - Diana, Princess of Wales
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
diana princess of wales, hasnat khan, princess diana


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Indian Royal Jewels Little_star Royal Jewels 47 07-26-2014 01:25 AM
HH The Aga Khan IV and Family karolinabraganza Other Non-Reigning Houses and Historical Monarchies 254 06-14-2014 10:07 AM
Had Diana Lived... maryshawn Diana, Princess of Wales (1961-1997) 258 09-21-2008 10:20 AM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
abdication birth charlene crown prince felipe crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit duchess of cambridge dutch royal history engagement fashion genealogy grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri habsburg hohenzollern infanta elena infanta leonor infanta sofia jewellery jordan king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king constantine ii king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg nobility olympic games ottoman picture of the month pom prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince felipe prince floris prince maurits prince pieter-christiaan princess anita princess astrid princess beatrix princess charlene princess letizia princess mabel princess madeleine princess marilene princess mary queen anne-marie queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit visit wedding winter olympics 2014



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:05 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]