The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-19-2008, 03:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

Location: Between the first and second floor of the Eiffel Tower, France
The two threads, Hasnat Khan has wed and Hasnat Khan : Diana Mr. Wonderful' speak have been merged together to form this thread dedicated to him.

Please, help find a cure for ALS

Because it matters...
Old 07-19-2008, 01:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

Dr. Khan divorcing his wife

Diana's 'Mr Wonderful' divorces wife- Hindustan Times

Old 07-20-2008, 10:19 AM
Royal Highness

Dr. Khan divorcing his wife

don't think this has made it's way to this board yet.

Diana's 'Mr Wonderful' divorces wife- Hindustan Times
Old 07-20-2008, 10:40 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess View Post
They won't be able to blame Diana will they?
Or will they??
Old 07-20-2008, 10:50 AM
Heir Apparent

I am not too surprised. I have heard about Mr.Khan' separation and possibility of divorce during the Inquest. "He [Dr.Khan] admits that just two months ago, he separated from 29-year-old Hadia Sher Ali, the daughter of a noble Afghan family and his wife of 18 months. And although he declines to say why the arranged marriage failed, blaming only "multiple reasons", he concedes the events of ten years ago continue to dominate his life"
Here is the link WORLD EXCLUSIVE: Diana's Mr Wonderful Hasnat Khan gives his first ever interview | Mail Online
Old 07-21-2008, 02:15 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_bina View Post
I am not too surprised. I have heard about Mr.Khan' separation and possibility of divorce during the Inquest. "He [Dr.Khan] admits that just two months ago, he separated from 29-year-old Hadia Sher Ali, the daughter of a noble Afghan family and his wife of 18 months. And although he declines to say why the arranged marriage failed, blaming only "multiple reasons", he concedes the events of ten years ago continue to dominate his life"
Here is the link WORLD EXCLUSIVE: Diana's Mr Wonderful Hasnat Khan gives his first ever interview | Mail Online
Thank you Al bina. I've read the article and I think Dr Khan gave a very balanced, respectful and humble interview. I believe his opinion of her work and how she should be remembered is something many of us share.

As far as his own unsuccessful marriage is concerned, it must be difficult to opt for an arranged marriage after one has been in a relationship based on love. He may have had cultural differences with Princess Diana, but perhaps his exposure to another culture has made it difficult for him to live entirely within his own. Just my thoughts....
Old 07-21-2008, 03:29 PM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

So interesting that Dr. Khan describes her as "normal" when we've heard so many people, some of them friends and relatives, describing her troubled life.

Too bad that Dr. Khan hasn't been able to find his own happiness. He seems to have been one of the few true gentlemen in Diana's life.
Old 07-21-2008, 06:15 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowabelle View Post
So interesting that Dr. Khan describes her as "normal" when we've heard so many people, some of them friends and relatives, describing her troubled life.

I feel Diana, Princess of Wales when truly in love might not show her troubled side to a lover, because she was content at that time with a lover's love.
Old 07-22-2008, 04:06 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiea View Post
I feel Diana, Princess of Wales when truly in love might not show her troubled side to a lover, because she was content at that time with a lover's love.
And yet there are many reports of her obsessive behaviour regarding Khan, which he seems to have forgotten about now. Although he hasn't spoken to the press before, he puts me in mind of Hewitt and their relationships with Diana seem to have taken the same course.

It is quite possible that his marriage broke up because he is used to western freedoms and his wife didn't want that kind of life.
Old 07-22-2008, 01:24 PM
Heir Apparent

I for one believe that Dr.Khan did give Princess Diana the much needed peace of mind. Thus, he saw different better Princess Diana. He just accepted Princess Diana with all her flaws. I am sure he remembers all bad and good things happened during their relationship.
Personally I do not think that Dr.Khan's marriage broke up because he was so very Western, whereas Hadia Sher Ali was so traditional. His wife was 29 years old ... not exactly a young innocent girl. I dare to presume that she was fully aware of Dr. Khan's high profile relationship and could overcome differences/barriers they might have. May be, she had issues of her own. Anyway we never know reasons/causes for this divorce.
Old 07-22-2008, 02:03 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
I for one believe that Dr.Khan did give Princess Diana the much needed peace of mind.......Snipped
If that was the case, why did she break up with him? Could it possibly have been Diana liked the thrill of the chase but not the reality of the catch? Perhaps Diana ended the relationship with him for the same reasons as his wife.
Quote:
Personally I do not think that Dr.Khan's marriage broke up because he was so very Western, whereas Hadia Sher Ali was so traditional. His wife was 29 years old ... not exactly a young innocent girl. I dare to presume that she was fully aware of Dr. Khan's high profile relationship and could overcome differences/barriers they might have. May be, she had issues of her own. Anyway we never know reasons/causes for this divorce.
I think that as we have heard so little about his ex wife, it would be hard to judge. For all we know he had some revolting habits she could not live with, the age gap may have been too great. We of course also have no idea how innocent she was, so it seems a little distasteful to suggest otherwise.
Old 07-22-2008, 02:12 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
If that was the case, why did she break up with him?
I was surprised to hear during the inquest that he said Diana broke up with him, when all the other reports seem to say the opposite. There were enough reports from friends and associates about how devastated she was when the relationship ended, and how she was so reluctant to accept the fact, that something isn't adding up.
Old 07-22-2008, 02:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Personally I can not tell why Princess Diana chose to end the relationship with Dr.Khan. Cultural differences and realization that reluctance of the Khan family to accept her would lead to a divorce sooner or later. Who knows?
With all due to respect... but it is obvious that you project a European view on the situation. 29 years old is young for stable European monarchies and democracies. However, 29 years old means spinster in most Asian countries such as Pakistan. Good girls have to be married by 25 years old or upon completing their BA or 4 years of a college or university, which usually 24-25 years old. The marriage was arranged. She knew what she was getting into. As for innocent... I would not even comment on it...
Old 07-22-2008, 02:27 PM
Heir Presumptive

Location: Between the first and second floor of the Eiffel Tower, France
I really doubt she broke up with him. They were already talking about marriage and the Khan family adored her. And why all the fuss with Dodi. It's been quite a theory for years that she had this summer fling to make him jealous. And like Elspeth said, he's the only one to have said otherwise for the moment.

Please, help find a cure for ALS

Because it matters...
Old 07-22-2008, 02:36 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
I was surprised to hear during the inquest that he said Diana broke up with him, when all the other reports seem to say the opposite. There were enough reports from friends and associates about how devastated she was when the relationship ended, and how she was so reluctant to accept the fact, that something isn't adding up.
But was she devastated because she had ended the affair? It could have been that people would have been more sympathetic when told he had broken up with her, and Diana had been playing the victim card for some time. We also have the troubling reports that his family had said the match was not suitable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTruth View Post
And like Elspeth said, he's the only one to have said otherwise for the moment
Apart from Diana, who would know better?
Old 07-22-2008, 02:40 PM
Imperial Majesty

Well, her friends are saying one thing and he's saying another. In both cases there are good reasons for blaming the other side, so I think this is a case where we don't know for certain. I'm not sure why parental disapproval on his side would lead Diana rather than Hasnat to end the relationship. If she was looking for a way out, she might have invoked disapproval by William, but I don't understand why she'd have been more likely than Hasnat to break up because of his family. Maybe it was a mutual decision that they'd come to the end of the line, which would give both of them the opportunity to say the other had been responsible. Again, I think, given his statement at the inquest which seems to contradict what Diana's friends said (including fairly responsible ones like Rosa Monckton, if I remember right), this may be yet another case where the truth is somewhat clouded.
Old 07-22-2008, 02:44 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Good girls have to be married by 25 years old or upon completing their BA or 4 years of a college or university, which usually 24-25 years old. The marriage was arranged. She knew what she was getting into. As for innocent... I would not even comment on it...
'Good' girls? This young woman may have been waiting for the right arrangement to be made for her by her parents. Perhaps her parents are forward thinking individuals who allowed their daughter to study and have a life before shackling her to, what they thought, was the right man. You said she was not a young innocent girl, even in the western world age does not denote innocence or lack thereof.
Old 07-22-2008, 02:52 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
Well, her friends are saying one thing and he's saying another. In both cases there are good reasons for blaming the other side, so I think this is a case where we don't know for certain. I'm not sure why parental disapproval on his side would lead Diana rather than Hasnat to end the relationship. If she was looking for a way out, she might have invoked disapproval by William, but I don't understand why she'd have been more likely than Hasnat to break up because of his family. Maybe it was a mutual decision that they'd come to the end of the line, which would give both of them the opportunity to say the other had been responsible. Again, I think, given his statement at the inquest which seems to contradict what Diana's friends said (including fairly responsible ones like Rosa Monckton, if I remember right), this may be yet another case where the truth is somewhat clouded.
Yes, it is a difficult one but Diana didn't seem to tell the same whole story to her friends. Having met, to her mind, disapproval from Charles' family, perhaps she didn't want to go through anything where she was not 100% accepted. I know from friends that are from Pakistan that lack of parental approval has ended many a romance, in fact some of them report how they 'saw him/her off'!

{Edited - Elspeth}
Old 07-22-2008, 02:56 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
'Good' girls? This young woman may have been waiting for the right arrangement to be made for her by her parents. Perhaps her parents are forward thinking individuals who allowed their daughter to study and have a life before shackling her to, what they thought, was the right man. You said she was not a young innocent girl, even in the western world age does not denote innocence or lack thereof.
I do not wish to start yet another useless debate about the cultural things. I stand by my opinion.
Old 07-22-2008, 03:16 PM
Serene Highness

Perhaps I did not make myself clear the first time. Let's try again.

The tone of this thread needs to calm down. I don't think I have to remind anyone that opinions on topic are allowed, but personal jabs are not.

Tags
diana princess of wales, hasnat khan, princess diana