The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #41  
Old 01-25-2008, 12:09 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Manchester, United Kingdom
Posts: 5
Thumbs up Hasnat Khan: Princess Diana her last love (Video's) - MUST WATCH!

This documentary is about Princess Lady Diana and her last love with a Pakistani Surgeon Hasnat Khan, working in UK.


Part 1:


Part 2:


Part 3:


Part 4:


Part 5:


Part 6:


Part 7:


Part 8:


Part 9:
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 01-25-2008, 03:01 PM
HRH Abigail's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Seattle, United States
Posts: 357
Smile Ok!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceBlack View Post
OK, will do ...

I was going to respond to your original post, about Harry's Polo Shirt, but I see you edited it out ...

Probably not a bad idea, to have done.

Now, onto watching the videos, then.

-- Abbie
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 01-25-2008, 03:06 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: , United States
Posts: 1,947
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry's polo shirt View Post
I know all of that about him. I think there is more to his motives. Here is another interview

WORLD EXCLUSIVE: Diana's Mr Wonderful Hasnat Khan gives his first ever interview | the Daily Mail
Perhaps his motive is to tell the inquest, without having to actually be at the inquest, that Mr. Fayed is not being the least bit truthful in saying how in love Diana and his son, Dodi, were. We have no way of knowing, but I don't think there is anything strange or "bad" about him being interviewed after all these years. He's not spilling any horrible secrets about his time with Diana, and he's not being unkind.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 01-25-2008, 04:05 PM
georgiea's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: N/A, United States
Posts: 1,644
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmily View Post
Perhaps his motive is to tell the inquest, without having to actually be at the inquest, that Mr. Fayed is not being the least bit truthful in saying how in love Diana and his son, Dodi, were. We have no way of knowing, but I don't think there is anything strange or "bad" about him being interviewed after all these years. He's not spilling any horrible secrets about his time with Diana, and he's not being unkind.
Emmily I agree with you. He was not doing anything wrong by talking out now. In his interview, I don't think we, learned anything really about the relationship. He was very private when talking about his two year relationship with Diana, Princess of Wales.

But, I do wonder if the relationship between Dr. Khan and Diana wouldn't have worked out, maybe something might have happen between Dodi and Diana over time. It is just a thought.
__________________
Watch your actions, for they become your habits. Watch your habits because they become your character. Watch your character, for it becomes your destiny.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 01-25-2008, 04:18 PM
HRH Abigail's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Seattle, United States
Posts: 357
Cool ice Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceBlack View Post
Just saw this NINE-parter.

It is excellent!

Thanks for posting the link!

-- Abbie
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 01-25-2008, 04:25 PM
georgiea's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: N/A, United States
Posts: 1,644
IceBlack,

Thank you for the insight to Diana, Princess of Wales' last years. I am a Diana fan because Diana was a princess who has problems just like an average person on the street. I felt that she was someone that I knew because of all that was written about her over the years.

I lived through the good and bad times of her life-mostly the bad. What I feel now, because of this inquest, Diana was a person who had emotional and mental problems and was still strong enough to try to find a purpose to her life. But her life was tragically cut short.

I really think she would have found happiness with Dr. Khan if he would had married her. If not, I think she would have search more for a meaningful, love relationship in her life and maybe her fate was to be with Dodi, because Dr. Khan could not live in a fishbowl with her. I really think she was on the right path to happiness at her death.
__________________
Watch your actions, for they become your habits. Watch your habits because they become your character. Watch your character, for it becomes your destiny.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 01-25-2008, 08:26 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: , United States
Posts: 1,947
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiea View Post
Emmily I agree with you. He was not doing anything wrong by talking out now. In his interview, I don't think we, learned anything really about the relationship. He was very private when talking about his two year relationship with Diana, Princess of Wales.

But, I do wonder if the relationship between Dr. Khan and Diana wouldn't have worked out, maybe something might have happen between Dodi and Diana over time. It is just a thought.
What I have wondered is if she and Dr. Khan had gotten together would it have lasted. And sadly, I don't think it would have.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 01-25-2008, 08:34 PM
Fabulous Fake's Avatar
Gentry
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Blackpool, United Kingdom
Posts: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmily View Post
What I have wondered is if she and Dr. Khan had gotten together would it have lasted. And sadly, I don't think it would have.
Its even sadder to realise that we'll never know.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 01-25-2008, 09:24 PM
Harry's polo shirt's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: my paradise, United States
Posts: 2,091
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmily View Post
Perhaps his motive is to tell the inquest, without having to actually be at the inquest, that Mr. Fayed is not being the least bit truthful in saying how in love Diana and his son, Dodi, were. We have no way of knowing, but I don't think there is anything strange or "bad" about him being interviewed after all these years. He's not spilling any horrible secrets about his time with Diana, and he's not being unkind.
hum... I didn't think of it that way.
__________________
"The pain of spending a week with my brother is well worth it."
Prince William, on joining Prince Harry for a charity motorcycle ride across South Africa

Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 01-25-2008, 10:19 PM
HRH Abigail's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Seattle, United States
Posts: 357
Smile I agree too ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiea View Post
Emmily I agree with you. He was not doing anything wrong by talking out now. In his interview, I don't think we, learned anything really about the relationship. He was very private when talking about his two year relationship with Diana, Princess of Wales.

But, I do wonder if the relationship between Dr. Khan and Diana wouldn't have worked out, maybe something might have happen between Dodi and Diana over time. It is just a thought.
I am A-OK with Khan speaking out now.

I think he was ordered to as part of the inquest, as I have posted, here.

He just does not seem to be to be opportunistic.

Does he?

-- Abbie
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 01-26-2008, 11:59 AM
ysbel's Avatar
Heir Apparent
TRF Author
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 5,390
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
He seems to be a humble, straightforward sort of person. I hope that he finds personal happiness someday.
If he's humble, he would be truly rare among heart surgeons. They have to make life and death decisions many times during a heart surgery and that can give them an 'I am God' complex.

Not saying that Hasnat was arrogant definitely but knowing what I know about heart surgeons, I would be very surprised if he didn't think that the surgery he was performing was the most important thing in the world and the women in his life merely afterthoughts as something to indulge in after all the serious work of saving lives was done.
__________________
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 01-26-2008, 12:13 PM
TheTruth's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Between the first and second floor of the Eiffel Tower, France
Posts: 2,682
Quote:
Originally Posted by ysbel View Post
If he's humble, he would be truly rare among heart surgeons. They have to make life and death decisions many times during a heart surgery and that can give them an 'I am God' complex.

Not saying that Hasnat was arrogant definitely but knowing what I know about heart surgeons, I would be very surprised if he didn't think that the surgery he was performing was the most important thing in the world and the women in his life merely afterthoughts as something to indulge in after all the serious work of saving lives was done.
Very interesting point, ysbel. He may have underrated or scorned her work next to his. She was making the headlines for her devotion to mankind whereas he was 'just' another surgeon, doing his normal job and saving people's life without having any reward for it. That's perhaps how he felt and went jealous of her ...
__________________

Please, help find a cure for ALS

Because it matters...
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 01-26-2008, 12:25 PM
ysbel's Avatar
Heir Apparent
TRF Author
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 5,390
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTruth View Post
Very interesting point, ysbel. He may have underrated or scorned her work next to his. She was making the headlines for her devotion to mankind whereas he was 'just' another surgeon, doing his normal job and saving people's life without having any reward for it. That's perhaps how he felt and went jealous of her ...
I'm sorry TheTruth, that's not what I meant. I don't think Hasnat Khan needed the attention of major headlines to stroke his ego; if he had, then he would have hooked up with Diana to see his name on the front page. I imagine that headlines of the Beautiful Princess and the LifeSaving Heart Surgeon would have warmed the heart of any one who needs the public's acclaim for their life's work.

I just think that heart surgeons have pretty big egos to begin with and they think their work is the most important thing regardless of what anybody else is doing or how famous or beloved the other person is. I can't say I see Hasnat Khan as being jealous of Diana but I don't believe that he though her life work and purpose was as important as his and so he devoted his life to what he thought was most important which was his work.

I heard that he and his wife split up after a short marriage. It could be that Khan is really married to his work and any woman that he associates is never going to be as important as that work. So you could say that Khan's work is to Khan what Camilla was to Charles - it always comes in first place and is nonnegotiable.
__________________
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 01-26-2008, 12:29 PM
TheTruth's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Between the first and second floor of the Eiffel Tower, France
Posts: 2,682
Quote:
Originally Posted by ysbel View Post
I'm sorry TheTruth, that's not what I meant. I don't think Hasnat Khan needed the attention of major headlines to stroke his ego; if he had, then he would have hooked up with Diana to see his name on the front page. I imagine that headlines of the Beautiful Princess and the LifeSaving Heart Surgeon would have warmed the heart of any one who needs the public's acclaim for their life's work.

I just think that heart surgeons have pretty big egos to begin with and they think their work is the most important thing regardless of what anybody else is doing or how famous or beloved the other person is. I can't say I see Hasnat Khan as being jealous of Diana but I don't believe that he though her life work and purpose was as important as his and so he devoted his life to what he thought was most important which was his work.

I heard that he and his wife split up after a short marriage. It could be that Khan is really married to his work and any woman that he associates is never going to be as important as that work. So you could say that Khan's work is to Khan what Camilla was to Charles - it always comes in first place and is nonnegotiable.
Yes, of course. My post was just my thoughts on him ; I know you didn't mean it like that .
__________________

Please, help find a cure for ALS

Because it matters...
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 01-26-2008, 12:51 PM
Fashionista100's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 779
I think Kahn just didn't want the Diana drama. Diana had a lot of problems. Plus, the press hounding. I think he just wanted to live a private life not a public spectacle. I don't think diana and dodi were in love. They were just having a good time together. I think Kahn is coming forward now because things have died down and he can say what happened to them w/o the media going nuts an people thinking that he is cashing in. I think there have been a lot of rumors about him and now he is just saying: This is how it was. I wish Muhamed Al Fayd would let it drop. She has been dead now long enough. And we all know why.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 01-26-2008, 12:51 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: , United States
Posts: 1,947
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTruth View Post
Very interesting point, ysbel. He may have underrated or scorned her work next to his. She was making the headlines for her devotion to mankind whereas he was 'just' another surgeon, doing his normal job and saving people's life without having any reward for it. That's perhaps how he felt and went jealous of her ...
Diana did devote herself to many good causes, but let's be honest. She wasn't making headlines merely because of her devotion to mankind. I very much doubt he scorned her work and felt jealous of the attention given to the good work she did. Had he wanted to make headlines for his good work he could have done that.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 01-26-2008, 12:54 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: , United States
Posts: 1,947
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fashionista100 View Post
I think Kahn just didn't want the Diana drama. Diana had a lot of problems. Plus, the press hounding. I think he just wanted to live a private life not a public spectacle. I don't think diana and dodi were in love. They were just having a good time together. I think Kahn is coming forward now because things have died down and he can say what happened to them w/o the media going nuts an people thinking that he is cashing in. I think there have been a lot of rumors about him and now he is just saying: This is how it was. I wish Muhamed Al Fayd would let it drop. She has been dead now long enough. And we all know why.
Absolutely agree. Kahn did not like the cameras and attention that naturally surrounded her. He wanted to live a private life and that would have never been possible with Diana.What are the chances tha Fayed will let it drop? Even with the testimony of Trevor Rees Jones saying he felt pressured to remember things from the crash?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 01-26-2008, 01:26 PM
TheTruth's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Between the first and second floor of the Eiffel Tower, France
Posts: 2,682
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmily View Post
Diana did devote herself to many good causes, but let's be honest. She wasn't making headlines merely because of her devotion to mankind. I very much doubt he scorned her work and felt jealous of the attention given to the good work she did. Had he wanted to make headlines for his good work he could have done that.
Yeah but imagine you in a couple where you have to face someone who didn't do 11 years of studies to save people and still get the public interest while you spend day and night in a hospital where no one is as much thankful. That can be frustrating too.
He wanted to live a normal life and I don't have any problem with that. Although ditching her for the celebrity she had can't be the only reason so I'm just thinking of other possibilities.
__________________

Please, help find a cure for ALS

Because it matters...
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 01-26-2008, 02:38 PM
ysbel's Avatar
Heir Apparent
TRF Author
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 5,390
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTruth View Post
Yeah but imagine you in a couple where you have to face someone who didn't do 11 years of studies to save people and still get the public interest while you spend day and night in a hospital where no one is as much thankful. That can be frustrating too.
He wanted to live a normal life and I don't have any problem with that. Although ditching her for the celebrity she had can't be the only reason so I'm just thinking of other possibilities.
Well if he's like a lot of surgeons I know, he considers the majority of the general public like total idiots and would be rather horrified rather than pleased that he got their approval. That sounds harsh but to be honest with you, that has been my experience with surgeons. They have a really high opinion of their own capabilities and opinions and they don't have time for anybody else's. And they really have no time for what the general public thinks. I asked my knee surgeon once about a recommendation that one of my chiropractors made and he scoffed and said that everybody had an opinion but he didn't have time for them...he knew what I had and he didn't have time to deal with every crockpot theory out there. And heart surgeons have more of a reputation for arrogance than knee surgeons.

I seriously doubt that Khan's manhood or self-confidence would in any way be diminished by Diana's popularity. You have to have a very heathy sense of self-esteem to be able to cut into someone's chest and hold their beating heart. A good heart surgeon gets known and their reputation is not in the papers but it manifests itself in the number of critical patients in fear of death who only want you because you're the only person they will trust with their life. Having numbers and numbers of patients who only trust in you and grant you permission to give them life back and then name their babies after you is quite a heady experience and if Khan had that, I don't think that he would have begrudged Diana's popularity with the public because he wouldn't have needed it. One of my friends in Sweden has a son who was born with a congenital defect that has threaten his life. He has had 13 surgeries between the age of 3 months and 2 years old. This doctor is like a God to these parents. My friend didn't have enough money to pay him so he painted him a full length portrait that now hangs prominently in the hospital for all to see. So doctors like these that save people's lives are definitely appreciated and they know it.

But Diana's popularity with the press may have discouraged some prospective patients from coming forward to seek treatment with Khan. Seriously ill people are funny; some want a lot of attention and others want to treat their terminal illness very quietly without fanfare. If Khan had been a celebrity doctor husband of the famous Princess Diana, I've no doubt that a lot of patients that came to him would have rather go with another doctor.
__________________
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 01-26-2008, 02:59 PM
Fashionista100's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 779
I tihnk Diana had a lot of personality issues too. So I am sure that had a lot to do with the end of their relationship. I would not say she was an intellectual either, as Khan seems to be. I am not trying to put down Diana. Everyone has good and bad points. But then there is religion, family blending etc. Relationships are hard enough as it is. I think one with her would have been difficult at best. He made the best decision to leave. Maybe it was mutual. However, it was nice to see that someone had the guts to make the call. Everyone deserves to be happy, but you have to make changes and compromises. Sometimes neither person can. Maybe this was the way. Not everything is meant to be.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
diana princess of wales, hasnat khan, princess diana


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
HH The Aga Khan IV and Family karolinabraganza Other Non-Reigning Houses and Historical Monarchies 238 10-29-2014 03:10 PM
Indian Royal Jewels Little_star Royal Jewels 47 07-26-2014 01:25 AM
Had Diana Lived... maryshawn Diana, Princess of Wales (1961-1997) 258 09-21-2008 10:20 AM




Popular Tags
belgium brussels carl philip charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events engagement fashion genealogy germany grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta sofia jordan king carl xvi gustav king constantine ii king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander letizia luxembourg nobility official visit olympic games ottoman pieter van vollenhoven poland president hollande president komorowski prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince daniel prince floris prince pieter-christiaan princess aimee princess anita princess ariane princess astrid princess beatrix princess catharina-amalia princess charlene princess mabel princess madeleine princess margriet princess mary queen anne-marie queen fabiola queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen silvia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit sweden the hague wedding winter olympics 2014



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:14 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]