Hasnat Khan

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
He seems to be a humble, straightforward sort of person. I hope that he finds personal happiness someday.

He looks terribly sad, and a bit lonely to be honest with you, but I could be reading more into this than is necessary.

I feel he is still haunted by Diana, Princess of Wales' death. I find it ironic that she died because of her heart and he is a heart surgeon.:flowers:

Eh? The wiredest thing I've heard from you.. You just insulted Hasnat :bang:

It seem you don't know anything about Hasnat Khan.. He is never interested to make money from the media.. if he do.. he should done that many years ago.. Do you know Diana and Hasnat was in secret relationship for 2 years and was about to get married.. Hasnat is a lovely man and he respect his privacy very much.. it is well known..

Butler, Paul is the one trying to make a lot of money, from books, media, tv show, etc. Hasnat never did that because he is a doctor and keeping away from public domain...

I know all of that about him. I think there is more to his motives. Here is another interview

WORLD EXCLUSIVE: Diana's Mr Wonderful Hasnat Khan gives his first ever interview | the Daily Mail

You earlier made a claim about money.
I do not see anything in that article suggesting that Hasnat Kahn's motives were financial.

Could you please explain further what exactly you are implying about his motives.

I was giving my immediate response. I don't believe his excuse or reason to why he is giving interviews.

Maybe it wasn't for money.. Maybe he wasn't paid (which I doubt) they will probably never say if he was. I just don't believe his reason.

Georgiea ...

I feel he is still haunted by Diana, Princess of Wales' death. I find it ironic that she died because of her heart and he is a heart surgeon.:flowers:

What an insightful comparison ... dying because of her perhaps broken heart over losing Khan (which is why she was rumoured to have taken up with Dodi) and yet, Khan is a Cardiac Surgeon!
Hadn't thought of things in those terms.
Good for you. ;)

By the way, be sure to pick up the latest issue of Hello! Magazine {w/ Prince Wills and Kate on the cover. In it, is a great 2-pager on Khan, and one of his quotes is:

"I took such good care of her. If she'd been with me, she would still be alive".

Yikes, huh?

But, it was he who broke it off with her, no?

-- Abbie

Hi there, Harry ...

I know all of that about him. I think there is more to his motives. Here is another interview

WORLD EXCLUSIVE: Diana's Mr Wonderful Hasnat Khan gives his first ever interview | the Daily Mail

Hi, Harry:

Just curious ... WHY all the apparent skepticism, please?

The Man did keep MUM for TEN years, and could well have financially benefited from having blabbed all about his affair with Diana, POV if he had wanted to, sooner, no?

He HAD to come out and tell all now, due to being required to give evidence in the inquest! I don't think he really has / had a choice, no?

-- Abbie

Perhaps his motive is to tell the inquest, without having to actually be at the inquest, that Mr. Fayed is not being the least bit truthful in saying how in love Diana and his son, Dodi, were. We have no way of knowing, but I don't think there is anything strange or "bad" about him being interviewed after all these years. He's not spilling any horrible secrets about his time with Diana, and he's not being unkind.

Perhaps his motive is to tell the inquest, without having to actually be at the inquest, that Mr. Fayed is not being the least bit truthful in saying how in love Diana and his son, Dodi, were. We have no way of knowing, but I don't think there is anything strange or "bad" about him being interviewed after all these years. He's not spilling any horrible secrets about his time with Diana, and he's not being unkind.

Emmily I agree with you. He was not doing anything wrong by talking out now. In his interview, I don't think we, learned anything really about the relationship. He was very private when talking about his two year relationship with Diana, Princess of Wales.

But, I do wonder if the relationship between Dr. Khan and Diana wouldn't have worked out, maybe something might have happen between Dodi and Diana over time. It is just a thought.:flowers:

IceBlack,

Thank you for the insight to Diana, Princess of Wales' last years. I am a Diana fan because Diana was a princess who has problems just like an average person on the street. I felt that she was someone that I knew because of all that was written about her over the years.

I lived through the good and bad times of her life-mostly the bad. What I feel now, because of this inquest, Diana was a person who had emotional and mental problems and was still strong enough to try to find a purpose to her life. But her life was tragically cut short.

I really think she would have found happiness with Dr. Khan if he would had married her. If not, I think she would have search more for a meaningful, love relationship in her life and maybe her fate was to be with Dodi, because Dr. Khan could not live in a fishbowl with her. I really think she was on the right path to happiness at her death.:flowers:

Emmily I agree with you. He was not doing anything wrong by talking out now. In his interview, I don't think we, learned anything really about the relationship. He was very private when talking about his two year relationship with Diana, Princess of Wales.

But, I do wonder if the relationship between Dr. Khan and Diana wouldn't have worked out, maybe something might have happen between Dodi and Diana over time. It is just a thought.:flowers:

What I have wondered is if she and Dr. Khan had gotten together would it have lasted. And sadly, I don't think it would have.

What I have wondered is if she and Dr. Khan had gotten together would it have lasted. And sadly, I don't think it would have.

Its even sadder to realise that we'll never know.:sad:

hum... I didn't think of it that way.:flowers:

I agree too ...

I am A-OK with Khan speaking out now.

I think he was ordered to as part of the inquest, as I have posted, here.

He just does not seem to be to be opportunistic.

Does he?

-- Abbie :flowers:

He seems to be a humble, straightforward sort of person. I hope that he finds personal happiness someday.

If he's humble, he would be truly rare among heart surgeons. They have to make life and death decisions many times during a heart surgery and that can give them an 'I am God' complex.

Not saying that Hasnat was arrogant definitely but knowing what I know about heart surgeons, I would be very surprised if he didn't think that the surgery he was performing was the most important thing in the world and the women in his life merely afterthoughts as something to indulge in after all the serious work of saving lives was done.

If he's humble, he would be truly rare among heart surgeons. They have to make life and death decisions many times during a heart surgery and that can give them an 'I am God' complex.

Not saying that Hasnat was arrogant definitely but knowing what I know about heart surgeons, I would be very surprised if he didn't think that the surgery he was performing was the most important thing in the world and the women in his life merely afterthoughts as something to indulge in after all the serious work of saving lives was done.

Very interesting point, ysbel. He may have underrated or scorned her work next to his. She was making the headlines for her devotion to mankind whereas he was 'just' another surgeon, doing his normal job and saving people's life without having any reward for it. That's perhaps how he felt and went jealous of her ...

Very interesting point, ysbel. He may have underrated or scorned her work next to his. She was making the headlines for her devotion to mankind whereas he was 'just' another surgeon, doing his normal job and saving people's life without having any reward for it. That's perhaps how he felt and went jealous of her ...

I'm sorry TheTruth, that's not what I meant. I don't think Hasnat Khan needed the attention of major headlines to stroke his ego; if he had, then he would have hooked up with Diana to see his name on the front page. I imagine that headlines of the Beautiful Princess and the LifeSaving Heart Surgeon would have warmed the heart of any one who needs the public's acclaim for their life's work.

I just think that heart surgeons have pretty big egos to begin with and they think their work is the most important thing regardless of what anybody else is doing or how famous or beloved the other person is. I can't say I see Hasnat Khan as being jealous of Diana but I don't believe that he though her life work and purpose was as important as his and so he devoted his life to what he thought was most important which was his work.

I heard that he and his wife split up after a short marriage. It could be that Khan is really married to his work and any woman that he associates is never going to be as important as that work. So you could say that Khan's work is to Khan what Camilla was to Charles - it always comes in first place and is nonnegotiable.

I'm sorry TheTruth, that's not what I meant. I don't think Hasnat Khan needed the attention of major headlines to stroke his ego; if he had, then he would have hooked up with Diana to see his name on the front page. I imagine that headlines of the Beautiful Princess and the LifeSaving Heart Surgeon would have warmed the heart of any one who needs the public's acclaim for their life's work.

I just think that heart surgeons have pretty big egos to begin with and they think their work is the most important thing regardless of what anybody else is doing or how famous or beloved the other person is. I can't say I see Hasnat Khan as being jealous of Diana but I don't believe that he though her life work and purpose was as important as his and so he devoted his life to what he thought was most important which was his work.

I heard that he and his wife split up after a short marriage. It could be that Khan is really married to his work and any woman that he associates is never going to be as important as that work. So you could say that Khan's work is to Khan what Camilla was to Charles - it always comes in first place and is nonnegotiable.

Yes, of course. My post was just my thoughts on him ; I know you didn't mean it like that :flowers:.

I think Kahn just didn't want the Diana drama. Diana had a lot of problems. Plus, the press hounding. I think he just wanted to live a private life not a public spectacle. I don't think diana and dodi were in love. They were just having a good time together. I think Kahn is coming forward now because things have died down and he can say what happened to them w/o the media going nuts an people thinking that he is cashing in. I think there have been a lot of rumors about him and now he is just saying: This is how it was. I wish Muhamed Al Fayd would let it drop. She has been dead now long enough. And we all know why.

Diana did devote herself to many good causes, but let's be honest. She wasn't making headlines merely because of her devotion to mankind. I very much doubt he scorned her work and felt jealous of the attention given to the good work she did. Had he wanted to make headlines for his good work he could have done that.

Last edited:
I think Kahn just didn't want the Diana drama. Diana had a lot of problems. Plus, the press hounding. I think he just wanted to live a private life not a public spectacle. I don't think diana and dodi were in love. They were just having a good time together. I think Kahn is coming forward now because things have died down and he can say what happened to them w/o the media going nuts an people thinking that he is cashing in. I think there have been a lot of rumors about him and now he is just saying: This is how it was. I wish Muhamed Al Fayd would let it drop. She has been dead now long enough. And we all know why.

Absolutely agree. Kahn did not like the cameras and attention that naturally surrounded her. He wanted to live a private life and that would have never been possible with Diana.What are the chances tha Fayed will let it drop? Even with the testimony of Trevor Rees Jones saying he felt pressured to remember things from the crash?

Diana did devote herself to many good causes, but let's be honest. She wasn't making headlines merely because of her devotion to mankind. I very much doubt he scorned her work and felt jealous of the attention given to the good work she did. Had he wanted to make headlines for his good work he could have done that.

Yeah but imagine you in a couple where you have to face someone who didn't do 11 years of studies to save people and still get the public interest while you spend day and night in a hospital where no one is as much thankful. That can be frustrating too.
He wanted to live a normal life and I don't have any problem with that. Although ditching her for the celebrity she had can't be the only reason so I'm just thinking of other possibilities.

Yeah but imagine you in a couple where you have to face someone who didn't do 11 years of studies to save people and still get the public interest while you spend day and night in a hospital where no one is as much thankful. That can be frustrating too.
He wanted to live a normal life and I don't have any problem with that. Although ditching her for the celebrity she had can't be the only reason so I'm just thinking of other possibilities.

Well if he's like a lot of surgeons I know, he considers the majority of the general public like total idiots and would be rather horrified rather than pleased that he got their approval. That sounds harsh but to be honest with you, that has been my experience with surgeons. They have a really high opinion of their own capabilities and opinions and they don't have time for anybody else's. And they really have no time for what the general public thinks. I asked my knee surgeon once about a recommendation that one of my chiropractors made and he scoffed and said that everybody had an opinion but he didn't have time for them...he knew what I had and he didn't have time to deal with every crockpot theory out there. And heart surgeons have more of a reputation for arrogance than knee surgeons.

I seriously doubt that Khan's manhood or self-confidence would in any way be diminished by Diana's popularity. You have to have a very heathy sense of self-esteem to be able to cut into someone's chest and hold their beating heart. A good heart surgeon gets known and their reputation is not in the papers but it manifests itself in the number of critical patients in fear of death who only want you because you're the only person they will trust with their life. Having numbers and numbers of patients who only trust in you and grant you permission to give them life back and then name their babies after you is quite a heady experience and if Khan had that, I don't think that he would have begrudged Diana's popularity with the public because he wouldn't have needed it. One of my friends in Sweden has a son who was born with a congenital defect that has threaten his life. He has had 13 surgeries between the age of 3 months and 2 years old. This doctor is like a God to these parents. My friend didn't have enough money to pay him so he painted him a full length portrait that now hangs prominently in the hospital for all to see. So doctors like these that save people's lives are definitely appreciated and they know it.

But Diana's popularity with the press may have discouraged some prospective patients from coming forward to seek treatment with Khan. Seriously ill people are funny; some want a lot of attention and others want to treat their terminal illness very quietly without fanfare. If Khan had been a celebrity doctor husband of the famous Princess Diana, I've no doubt that a lot of patients that came to him would have rather go with another doctor.

I tihnk Diana had a lot of personality issues too. So I am sure that had a lot to do with the end of their relationship. I would not say she was an intellectual either, as Khan seems to be. I am not trying to put down Diana. Everyone has good and bad points. But then there is religion, family blending etc. Relationships are hard enough as it is. I think one with her would have been difficult at best. He made the best decision to leave. Maybe it was mutual. However, it was nice to see that someone had the guts to make the call. Everyone deserves to be happy, but you have to make changes and compromises. Sometimes neither person can. Maybe this was the way. Not everything is meant to be.

Back
Top Bottom