The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2004, 11:48 PM
Serene Highness

Had Diana Lived...

Everytime the anniversary of Princess Diana's death returns, I think about what would've happened if she had survived and recovered fully. Would she have moved to the US eventually? Would she have kept Harry from drinking and smoking? (Dodi was not going to be her husband--her friends say she told them he lied to her and she knew about his cocaine use). Would she have had more children? How would she react to turning 40? I miss everything about her as she was such an inspiration on so many fronts.

I guess the real question is did Diana ever talk about her future and what she wanted to do? She confided in so many people but I never hear or read about what she thought about the future.

Any thoughts or has anyone read anything about this?

Old 05-19-2004, 12:11 AM
Serene Highness

I would like to think that Diana would have been reconciled with the Royal family and would have worked with them in a role fitting for the mother of a future King. Her relationship with Prince Charles had already become more stable and I think that she would have worked with him to raise their sons to be responsible adults.

She would probably have had some difficulties with seeing William with his first adult girlfriend but would have admired the way he is handling the press attention.

Old 05-19-2004, 03:31 AM
Courtier

I guess that she would have breaked-up with Dodi, and that she would buy a second house (or something) in America, Florida to be more precise. She and Paul Burrell really talked about that.
Old 05-19-2004, 09:36 AM
Heir Apparent

when Diana and Dodi got propose in accident day but the paparazzi got crazy getting pictures of Princess Diana before she crash and dies because of paparazzi done!

i dont think so Diana never lived in American she been lived in England for long times when she got married to Prince Charles in 1981.

if Princess Diana would reach to become 40? good think! but she died at 36 year old in 1997 she very young to dies.

Sara Boyce
Old 05-19-2004, 09:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

At this point, she might be getting jelous of Wills. She would be getting older and getting less attention. And since he has been getting alot of it, she might just be jelous.
Old 06-13-2004, 01:57 AM
Royal Highness

If Diana were here today, I believe she would be supporting her sons and continuing to groom William for the throne.

I don't think she would be jealous of her sons' getting press attention--I think she would worry about how it would be affecting them. She loved her children more than anything in this world.

I think Diana and Dodi would now be a long, gone thing of the past. Diana wanted to marry Hasnat Khan--whether she would have succeeded, I don't know.

I would have the hope that the Windsors and Diana would have come to some amicable agreement with Diana continuing to do the wonderful charity work she is known for. She would still be campagning for AIDS research, and the banning of Land Mines if she were here.

I miss her greatly and God rest her soul.
Old 06-20-2004, 09:18 PM
Serene Highness

I think that any woman who is regarded as a beauty or gets a lot of attention has difficulty when their children become adults and begin to be involved in serious relationships. I think that Diana would have had difficulty once the boys, especially William, married. Like any normal woman she would have seen her daughter in law as something of a rival.
Old 06-21-2004, 12:53 PM
Courtier

She's one of those people for whom you'd like to turn back time and try to prevent her death from happening. She was so young and taken too soon. :(
Old 10-12-2005, 05:52 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryshawn
Dodi was not going to be her husband--her friends say she told them he lied to her and she knew about his cocaine use.
which of her friends said that and where??? any help on this would be much appreciatied.
Old 10-12-2005, 07:11 PM
Aristocracy

Diana was just coming out of a bad period in her life. She was coming into her own. She was becoming something other than, Princess Diana, "the Princess whos husband cheated on her and humiliated her by having an affair with a not so attractive woman". She was Diana, who said look at me, my boyfriend is richer and better looking than your mistress.
Old 10-13-2005, 06:00 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseMary
She was Diana, who said look at me, my boyfriend is richer and better looking than your mistress...
well said i totally agree..i am one of those who believe that she after all that she had been through she was on the threshold of beginning her new life AND she was really happy towards the end..she truely deserved all the happiness whether it was from her boys, the humanitarian work she was leading or from Dodi (whether it was a fling or a serious relationship we dont know nor we ever will..all that matters is that both enjoyed one anothers company and were happy) May both of them rest in peace forever..Amen!
Old 10-13-2005, 08:36 AM
Nobility

There would be no Camilla and Charles Wedding

I think if Diana had survived the fatal car crash or if the car crash never happened at all, I think Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall would never been married..They would continue their affair but it will not lead to marriage as long as Diana is still alive..Charles and Camilla would have been devastated and shocked over Dianas death but the death of the Princess became a sort of blessing in disguise to make their union legal and more acceptable..

Old 10-13-2005, 08:50 AM
Nobility

If Princess Diana is still alive,I think shell continue doing her charity works as usual..She and Dodi might have got married way back in 1998 but I am not sure if the marriage will last until 2005..Might be the marriage is on the rocks this year or they got divorce in 2002.I dont know Dodi personally but Ive heard reports that he was a billionaire playboy and his relationships didnt last.Before they died, he and the princess were just dating for a month..Well, I might be wrong but I have doubts on the success of Diana and Dodi marriage, if it happened..Their relationship would not be like Camilla and Charles, bounded forever on earth..

Old 10-13-2005, 10:07 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahoogie
I think if Diana had survived the fatal car crash or if the car crash never happened at all, I think Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall would never had been married..They would continue their affair but it will not lead to marriage as long as Diana is still alive..Charles and Camilla would have been devastated and shocked over Dianas death but the death of the Princess became a sort of blessing in disguise to make their union legal and more acceptable..
Sadly this is true. The only reason the Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall were allowed to marry is because Prince Charles was considered a widow (and not a divorcee) in the eyes of the church and courts.

However I have to say, had Diana survived, I think she would have probably grown a little more, and realized that while she wasn't the one meant for Prince Charles, Camilla made him happy, and would have grown more accepting of that relationship....

For all the bragging and touting many people do when it comes to Princess Diana, they certainly sell her short in the forgiving and moving on catergory. I think in time she would have come to terms with many "issues" that plauged her younger years, as she was a very wonderful woman who did some very amazing things.
Old 10-13-2005, 10:29 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
For all the bragging and touting many people do when it comes to Princess Diana, they certainly sell her short in the forgiving and moving on catergory. I think in time she would have come to terms with many "issues" that plauged her younger years, as she was a very wonderful woman who did some very amazing things.
I think this is a very good point.

However, as far as Charles remarrying in Diana's lifetime, I think that if she'd remarried, he probably would have too. I have a feeling it was the Queen Mother's presence, not Diana's, that stopped him tying the knot with Camilla. As far as his marital status is concerned, the fact that he had a civil wedding rather than a church one did get around any problems with his status; even though he didn't have an ex-spouse living, Camilla certainly does, and there's also public opinion to think of.

Mind you, if Charles had remarried and Diana hadn't either died or remarried, there'd have been some interesting issues as far as titles are concerned. I assume Camilla would have done what she did in this universe and called herself Duchess of Cornwall, so there'd have been a Diana, Princess of Wales, and a Duchess of Cornwall, but no Princess of Wales (at least, not overtly).
Old 10-13-2005, 12:55 PM
Heir Presumptive

I also think that Diana would have moved on and accepted Camilla as Charles soulmate. I think she already accepted her when she was alive. Diana would have probably developed a mature friendship with Charles and raised their boys together. Diana would probably find the man of her dreams and remarry as would Charles. I also think that if Diana accepted Camilla and showed it in public their would be no problem with C and C remarring. But, anything could have happened.
Old 10-13-2005, 07:48 PM
Courtier

If Diana remarried would she have lost the ,Princess of Wales part (ie if she married John Smith would she become Diana Smith, Lady Diana Smith or stay Diana, Princess of Wales)
Old 10-13-2005, 08:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

She would have become Diana Smith unless the Queen gave her husband a peerage.
Old 10-13-2005, 08:28 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princejonnhy25
She would have become Diana Smith unless the Queen gave her husband a peerage.
Actually she would have been styled as Lady Diana Smith as daughters of the peerage customarily take their honorary title with them into marraige.

Diana had always spoken of how proud she was of her Spencer heritage.

Examples: Lady Sarah Armstrong-Jones became Lady Sarah Chatto upon her marriage to Daniel Chatto in 1994. Lady Helen Windsor became Lady Helen Taylor after her wedding to Tim Taylor in 1992.
Old 10-13-2005, 09:30 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahoogie
I think if Diana had survived the fatal car crash or if the car crash never happened at all, I think Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall would never had been married..They would continue their affair but it will not lead to marriage as long as Diana is still alive..Charles and Camilla would have been devastated and shocked over Dianas death but the death of the Princess became a sort of blessing in disguise to make their union legal and more acceptable..
good points! if Diana would never know about her ex-husband got married to companion Camilla

if Diana was alive and she would watch over Camilla as "princess of wales" i dont think so! and many people would diguse of Camilla become POW no way!

Sara Boyce

Tags
diana princess of wales, princess diana