Had Diana Lived...

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Diana was quite wealthy in her own right. She was worth an estimated $8 million at the time of the divorce from her Spencer and Fermoy inheritances, which generated an income of approximately $400,000 annually. Certainly not enough to maintain the lifestyle of a princess, but she did have her own resources.

Most accounts have stated Diana declined the offer of "HRH Princess Diana" because she wanted to be independent and not have the Palace dictating her every move. Obviously, remaining a Royal Highness and a Princess of the UK in her own right would have been appropriate for the mother of a future king, however, it also came with responsibilities to the Crown that she no longer wanted to fulfill.

You can't have it all.

There are accounts from both sides in regard to the title issue. If she wanted to be independent, then it doesn't make sense that she would push for HRH Diana, Princess of Wales over HRH Princess Diana. It's the HRH that obligates the holder to work for the Firm. Also, there was her reported interest in an ambassador-like position for the UK that was turned down on the advice of BP. If these accounts are true, it doesn't seem as though she was against taking on responsibilites to the Crown. She didn't care for some of the appearances she had to make as Princess of Wales, but with the very strong likelihood that Charles would marry again, Diana would not have had to worry about these and could have concentrated on her specific interests. The real issue may have been the concern that a HRH Princess Diana would have been more popular than the next HRH The Princess of Wales. Bad form in the royal family.

As I have said before I'm not sure she would have remarried at least not for several years I think finding just the right man would have been difficult for her.I'm sure she would want things to work out better the next time I can't see that she would have rushed into another marriage too quickly.I'm fairly certain that man would not have been Dodi she liked her charity work and her roll as an international figure for humnitarian causes,I can't see Dodi as the kind of spouse that would be very helpful in that kind of life.

Having over a decade to think and sort things out, I think, imo, Diana would have somehow moved a lot of her life to America. Dodi/Harrod's Corp. could have been her main financial sponsor and she would have had home bases in Los Angeles, New York, London and Paris. Back then in 1997, the Concorde was still in operation and she would have had no problem in returning to London (or maybe even Al Fayed's residence in Scotland) to spend plenty of time with her sons.

I do believe Prince Harry's entrance to Eton would have been a turning point for her life and for her to lead a more independent life. She would eventually have a lot more independence as these boys grew into manhood and their own lives. She wasn't too accepted in her social scene in London so it would have been a welcomed idea to hit both coasts of America, especially New York. She really would have been a star.

I even envisioned her one day burying the hatchet with Fergie. Time heals, and Diana and Fergie would had some fun times rebuilding their lives outside the royal machine.

Oh yes, Diana would have been quite the star here in New York. I think she would have lived on Park Avenue.

i think she would've been very happy here in canada too. no paparazzi problems in this country!

I think she would have continued with her charities, grooming both boys and I don't think she would've been with Dodi. I truly think that was just a summer fling. In any event, she is missed.

I'm not sure whether she'd have liked it here, really. We don't have nearly the paparazzi problems that the US and Britain have--although with Diana that would change, I think. Diana came here only for official occasions. I don't ever remember her coming here for a holiday, although other members of the RF have. I don't think she'd have settled in another Commonwealth country, unless she married someone there perhaps.:flowers:

i think she would've been very happy here in canada too. no paparazzi problems in this country!

mermaid i agree with you...just wishful thinking. :flowers:

I think diana would hav moved to Australia,she loved it here and unlike the usa it is not so big in population and has plenty of places to live a normal life without getting annoyed. Any way,is my thoughts,but we will never know,we are all just guessing,and that is how it will be till our time on earth is also up.

What does being annoyed have anything to do with living a normal life in the U.S.A.?

I think by now she would be onto her fifth or sixth post Dodi relationship.

I think this because no man could really take the publicity and constant hounding that being with her would have entailed.

She also sought the limelight so living a 'normal' life wasn't something that I think she would have craved.

She would have loved the attention that she would have received in places like New York and LA but would also have been keenly aware that as the mother of the future king she would really have to have a base in Britain.

She would have continued with her charity work, of that there is no doubt. She needed to be doing something to fill her days and she wasn't qualified to get any other sort of job. This isn't meant to belittle Diana but a statement of fact - she simply wasn't qualified. She did do a marvellous jobs with her charities.

Her sons would have continued to have a great relationship with her but they would also have developed their very strong relationship with their father, who would have had a increasing influence on their lives as he is the future king and therefore the one from whom they get their position and the one to guide them through a lot of the future from personal experience.

I think she would be ashamed of her son´s behaviour for accepting the relatioship with Camilla.

I think she would be ashamed of her son´s behaviour for accepting the relatioship with Camilla.

Why - she expected them to accept her relationships both while married and then when divorced?

Why would she be ashamed that her sons, who are also Charles' sons, would want their father to be happy and so accept Camilla?

I don´t think they must accept this relationship because Diana hated Camilla,because she was the reason of her suffering.Diana would be very ashamed of her son´s attitude in relation to this woman.It is a treason to Diana´s memory.

I truly believe the contrary; William and Harry's acceptance of Camilla in their life is a pure mark maturity and understanding. I think it would be so childish to perpetuate this hatred that ruined a family life. And I would be in the impression that rejecting Camilla would be 'a treason to Diana's memory'; just to remind, Charles and her had partially sorted things out before she died so accepting Camilla is probably the best thing William could do to continue the reconciliation process.

I don´t think they must accept this relationship because Diana hated Camilla,because she was the reason of her suffering.Diana would be very ashamed of her son´s attitude in relation to this woman.It is a treason to Diana´s memory.
Charles and Diana had reached an almost amicable relationship by the time of her death so why on earth would anyone expect her children to carry out a misguided inheritance of bitterness, anger and malice? I think Diana would be proud of the men her sons have become in spite or because of of their early years.

As to treason, well I think "TheTruth" has put the lie to that statement!

I think a son must not forget Diana´s suffering.By accepting this relationship,they are not mature, they have not courage enough to face this situation.

Rather than continue along the path of "Diana hated Camilla", Diana would be "ashamed" of her sons for their "treason" to her memory, William and Harry are "not mature", and "they have not courage enough", we will leave this line of discussion here.

Those members who wish to indulge their bitterness should find another website in which to do so.

Warren
British Forums moderator

As it is now eleven years since Diana's death the moderators believe this topic has reached its use-by date and the thread will remain closed.

Elspeth, kimebear, TheTruth, Warren
the British Forums moderators

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom