Had Diana Lived...

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
On the contrary, she could ask them favours and I think she used this power to help the people, including Charles, who were harassed by the media.
On what evidence do you base this?

I see Diana as having been quite vulnerable at the end of her life and open to the Rita Hayworth Ali Khan scenarios.I think she was desperate to remake her life again.Diana believed in love. Egalitarian Diana dated Dr.Haznat Khan, and Gulu Lalvani who are wonderful people I am certain but divergent culturally and I am not persuaded that she knew what she was in for as she was way past her prime. But I have to applaud her efforts to make this quantam leap regarding resettling her life and chosing a life partner.Perhaps with her untimely death we can each finish her life in our imaginations with the principles of "non finito"
That way through completion in our thoughts we we might attain the happy ending for Diana that she deserved and that she would invariably reciprocate to us if she could.

On what evidence do you base this?

That's my personal feeling about it but she had friends in the press, that's for sure. Just like Andrew Morton who wrote good columns on her, Richard Kay from the Daily Mail... Diana was critizied by the press and accused to manipulate them. For example in June 1994, she was photographed having a rendezvous with Richard Kay.

Last edited:
The remark I replied to was from TheTruth and she said:-

I also read that when one of them was in serious trouble with the press attacks they would phone each other to see what they could do. They had just divorced but it had been already 4 years (1992-1996) that they were separated .....

I pointed out that the time period TT is talking about, encompasses the WotW and both damaging interviews, so it would be unlikely they would be telephoning one another to complain about those nasty reporters. More likely he would have sought comfort from Camilla. Diana from whoever she was with.
Whilst Diana, in time may have stopped using the media to discredit Charles, as we all know, it would have been impossible to retract all the negative remarks she had made about him. Diana had 'lost her way' with the media and it is hard to see how she could have had any 'upperhand' over her own, let alone Charles' image at that time.

I understand the reasoning behind your observations.

"But Camilla had absolutely no power on the media. If Charles had a hard time then Diana could do something about it, not Camilla".

This comment read to have more to it, than what you two ladies (?) were yourselves, discussing. And that the discussion could again be considered in a broader sense so I thought I'd elaborate on it from yet another perspective.

Thanks for replying.

Last edited:
I understand the reasoning behind your observations.

"But Camilla had absolutely no power on the media. If Charles had a hard time then Diana could do something about it, not Camilla".

This comment read to have more to it, than what you two ladies (?) were yourselves, discussing. And that the question could again be considered in a wider sense so thought I'd elaborate on it from yet another perspective.

Thanks for replying.

What I meant by saying this is that at this time, Camilla was far from being the most loved woman in the world. She could certainly not convince a publisher to remove an information damaging someone's image. I'm not saying that Charles would search comfort in Diana, he loves Camilla but unfortunately she was not the one who could help him with the media. He turned to Diana for help and when she succeeded, he could try to do the same when she was in trouble.

She could certainly not convince a publisher to remove an information damaging someone's image.

And that is what I agreed with you on :flowers:

She could certainly not convince a publisher to remove an information damaging someone's image.

Not to remove, but could certainly manipulate the degree of acidity which was put to press. Diana came to acquire a good deal of media savoir-faire and she used this to her advantage. I don't believe anyone can dispute that, though the way in which she chose to utilise it wasn't always for a better, or more constructive, means.

Last edited:
Not to remove, but could certainly manipulate the degree acidity which was put to press. Diana came to acquire a good deal of media savoir-faire and she used this to her advantage. I don't believe anyone can dispute that, though the way in which she chose to utilise it wasn't always for a better, or more constructive, means.

Yes I agree on that point. She could use them for good and for bad conviction. And she didn't have any control on her image when the scoop was too big. For example Squidygate, which wasn't negative for everyone since the Sarah-toe thing had made the front pages a few days before. Fergie was now alright, thanks to Di who helped against her will :rolleyes:.
IMO, the media are dangerous because they love you, they would do everything you want but when your having a bad time, they are the first to shot you down. For that matter, I remember very well the time when Diana had longer hair (1984), the press came up with titles like : 'Diana, are you still our Princess ?'.

What I meant by saying this is that at this time, Camilla was far from being the most loved woman in the world. She could certainly not convince a publisher to remove an information damaging someone's image. I'm not saying that Charles would search comfort in Diana, he loves Camilla but unfortunately she was not the one who could help him with the media. He turned to Diana for help and when she succeeded, he could try to do the same when she was in trouble.
Diana was unable to control the media regarding story lines over herself. The only way she influenced the media was by telling them where she was going to be if they wanted photos and having cosy chats with a couple of reporters, to ensure that she stayed in the news. The article from The City Journal shows this clearly, IMO. Even with the last pictures taken on the boat, the agreement was that she would pose and they would leave her alone for the rest of the holiday, as we all know that did not happen. Far from Diana controlling the media, it seems they said jump and Diana said how high.
Diana was said to be furious that Charles hosted a big birthday bash for Camilla, whilst she only got a bunch of flowers for her birthday.

I meant to ask where you read that Diana and Charles constantly telephoned one another, because it seems to fly in the face of all other accounts of that time period. Even Brown suggests that Diana went on holiday with Fayed to 'get at' Charles and the rest of the royals. :flowers:

Diana was unable to control the media regarding story lines over herself. The only way she influenced the media was by telling them where she was going to be if they wanted photos and having cosy chats with a couple of reporters, to ensure that she stayed in the news. The article from The City Journal shows this clearly, IMO. Even with the last pictures taken on the boat, the agreement was that she would pose and they would leave her alone for the rest of the holiday, as we all know that did not happen. Far from Diana controlling the media, it seems they said jump and Diana said how high.
Diana was said to be furious that Charles hosted a big birthday bash for Camilla, whilst she only got a bunch of flowers for her birthday.

I meant to ask where you read that Diana and Charles constantly telephoned one another, because it seems to fly in the face of all other accounts of that time period. Even Brown suggests that Diana went on holiday with Fayed to 'get at' Charles and the rest of the royals. :flowers:

In my previous post I said like you that she didn't have control of her image in the press :
And she didn't have any control on her image when the scoop was too big. For example Squidygate, which wasn't negative for everyone since the Sarah-toe thing had made the front pages a few days before. Fergie was now alright, thanks to Di who helped against her will :rolleyes:.
IMO, the media are dangerous because they love you, they would do everything you want but when your having a bad time, they are the first to shot you down. For that matter, I remember very well the time when Diana had longer hair (1984), the press came up with titles like : 'Diana, are you still our Princess ?'

For Charles and Diana phoning each other, I didn't mean constantly, just a few times when they couldn't avoid it. Charles, who often thinks he can do it alone, didn't had the choice when he'd phone Diana. And Diana probably wasn't confortable with the idea of needing help from her ex-husband. I think I read this in Bradford's book. But after the divorce in 1996 (so before Fayed and the holiday), I doubt any of the 2 dared to ask 'favours' like they had in the past.:flowers:

Last edited:
As far as I concern, I think there was still plenty of unseen unhappiness between Charles and Diana, which may cause future conflicts. The campaign of Camilla as the non-neogotiable part caused Diana's uncomfort and even fury. In addition, I think Charles and Diana still had possiblilty to fight for Tony Blair's attention. It may be Charles' own obessision about the matter but his office still tried to reach Tony Blair to balance the influence. It was not a good sign for me, Charles and Diana would have reconcilated for their children but I doubt there were possible new struggles for their public influnce. Personally I always think the best way for Diana was to go quiet and find a husband and live a normal life and kept doing charity work.

Last edited:
I don't think we will have a public Waleses war again, Charles and Diana will reconcilate for their children but I doubt there will be still plenty of behind scences politics and power struggle. Personally I always think the best way for Diana was to go quiet and find a husband and live a normal life. If she can make a decision, I think she can achieve it.

Love cc,

You spoke of Diana in present tense, I noticed. May I ask as to why, considering she passed away 10 years ago? :flowers:

Last edited:
Hrh Would Have Taken Care Of Her.

I read in a book about princess diana that prince charles said that he take fully care of her if she had and injurys or was disabled.

Prince charles and princess diana got along very well with each towards the end before her death he oftern come and visit her at KP.

I don't think that she ever end up with dodi, and i don't think she would have ended up hansant Karhn.

thanks, my grammer mistakes.:flowers:

Oh, I didn't mean to make an axhibit of your grammatical skills, I just wasn't sure if you realised that you had done it.

As for grammar, if you want a pristine example then may I suggest you never look to my posts for guidance :ohmy::lol::flowers:

Had Diana lived, she would have been ridiculed and disrespected by the press. One of the last headlines about her which I recall reading, was "Zip it Di." She became canonised by the press simply because of her death. Had she lived, she would of course married again soon, either Dodi, (to spite the Royal Family,) or some other unsuitable person. She was no judge of character, remember James Hewitt? She felt it ok to admit before the world that she was "in love with him." She used that as an excuse for her adultery, but Charles, who was truly in love with Camilla, was not allowed the same excuse. Her second marriage would have left the way open for Charles and Camilla to marry at last, and no one would have minded. But Diana would have ended up rather like Britney Spears I feel...

IMO, Diana was NOT going to live. Am I a conspiratorial theorist, perhaps.

Let's look at this logically, had she lived and say married Dodi and they had children, a boy and a girl.

At some point, their HALF BROTHER, PRINCE WILLIAM becomes King of the UK, their mother, whom King William would love dearly, would most certainly be given some sort of title and or official recognition, is there any doubt about that? What becomes of HIS HALF ARAB brother and sister, also two children of his beloved mother?

Does anyone, TODAY, seriously believe such a scenario WOULD EVER BE ALLOWED TO HAPPEN? SERIOUSLY?

No i don't believe it would have been allowed to happen DiamondBrg, and rightly so!

But Diana would have ended up rather like Britney Spears I feel...
I highly doubt that would have happened. Britney Spears is trash and doesen't take life seriously. Diana is nothing like Britney.

No i don't believe it would have been allowed to happen DiamondBrg, and rightly so!

Diana made MANY misjudgments about what was and was not going to be tolerated, imo.

Perhaps the greatest one was her TOTAL FAILURE to understand that even though she was divorced from Charles, she was FAR, FAR from being disassociated with the Royal Family, EVER, since her son would one day sit on the throne. She was NEVER going to be free to really live her life privately and to make choices that common people would have available to them.

I am convinced that cost her, her life. I COULD BE WRONG, but POWER is present as well as HUNDREDS OF YEARS of tradition and custom.

Whoever wrote it, obviously has no idea of Diana's character. Still it would make a great comedy skit.:flowers:

Last edited:
well i don't think it was meant to be funny but perhaps...if she loved dr. khan the way many people think she did....this wouldn't have been too far off. "IF" she had married him maybe she would have been entirely content to convert to the muslim religion and live a life almost entirley out of the public eye.

I just think Diana would have had 'problems' being left on her own hour after hour, day in day out.

Quite a flight of fancy!! Especially about needing a regency. :rolleyes:

I don't know why people are so fancy with Dr. Khan, and so dismissive with Dodi. I admit Dr. Khan is great, but not so great as a lover. I know Dodi might has a lot of problem. But he seemed very absorbed in Diana. Just make an analogy, as a lover who would you choose, William or Harry?

This article reads rather silly. It looks like the author's biggest fantasy is not Diana's happiness but the fact that Charles is conveniently out of the way and as regent to an underage son as King, Diana is free to wield her influence over the Sceptered Isles once more.

It's silly

The Queen is still alive, so there would be no need for a Regent. She'll never abdicate, and Charles will not be passed over.

I think Diana did love Hasnat Kahn, but their relationship had already come to an impass. I don't think she would have been successful at retreating from public life - the press would have hounded her.

The article is cute but it and makes us sound positively Dutch and I could never see it happening at all. Though part of me would have been happy to see have seen a Dina Khan as they suggest. Just without all the abdication crap.

I don't think Diana had really strong intentions of remarrying. I doubt how much she would be able to cope and finally accept the fact that her remarriage will probably cost her title of "Princess of Wales". In fact, I don't think Dr Khan would ever thinking marrying Diana but he probably put this into "day-dream type."

Don't like this article at all, but thanks for the link.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom