Had Diana Lived...

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that the media would have her in a good light, because I know that if she were still alive she would be helping all of her charities, and she would be reaching out to people with AIDS, or cancer, or something like that. She would like seeing how great her boys have grown up, we would probably have pictures of her with Kate and Chelsy, I suspect that if they got along she would spend time with them. She would be embarrassed by some of the things that her boys did, like any mother would, but she knew how it felt, she would mostly be embarrassed FOR them, and would help them sort it out. I would hope that she would have found happiness, whether she found a great man, or involved herself in more charities and good works, had more children, or just had those boys who she adored (this one I'm positive she would find happiness, she was an excellant mother). Hopefully she wouldn't be a broken person, but happy and healthy. We would probably see her at her boys' weddings, and playing with her grandkids, and just living life, like any normal person.

Wonderful way of expressing how she could be today:flowers:. I can already see her with her grandchildren, having dinner in front of TV or something like that lol.:rolleyes:

If possible, I want to change the question a little. It is not easy to answer what if she didn't die. Why not ask ourselves, if now, 10 years after the fatal accident, after so many things had happened, she suddenly comes back(don't ask me why and how she comes back, I am not in charge of this part), what will you want for her future?

If possible, I want to change the question a little. It is not easy to answer what if she didn't die. Why not ask ourselves, if now, 10 years after the fatal accident, after so many things had happened, she suddenly comes back(don't ask me why and how she comes back, I am not in charge of this part), what will you want for her future?

Well I would like her to clear things up about the Hewitt/Harry paternity stuff though that's not the most important. I think the wedding with Camilla would be a tough thing for her, in the end it would be okay IMO. It would be cool to see how Hewitt reacts to her come back since he said he still loved her. They were nice together although she said he betrayed her so ...

I wonder what she'd have thought of the Harry Potter books. She died just a few weeks after the first one was published.

She met his family and they all liked her and I think if Diana had found a way to get awaty from the cameras adn the public Hasnat may have married her since he ddn't enjoy all the media attention.
I read that Khan's family did not approve of her and that, along with her publicity seeking, was why he broke up with her.
I think she would have moved to the US and sought out someone to keep her in the style she had become accustomed to.

It would depend on what she was doing that would influence the media. They were running many articles commenting on the constant holidays she was taking and what they saw as her bad behaviour on the morning of her death.

Last edited:
I read that Khan's family did not approve of her and that, along with her publicity seeking, was why he broke up with her.
I think she would have moved to the US and sought out someone to keep her in the style she had become accustomed to.

My thoughts exactly. She somehow seemed never to have found her own place in the British society. A place where she felt comfortable and had the feeling she fitted in. The older she would have gotten, the more she'd have felt left out. Sarah Ferguson seems to be quite comfortable at the fringes of High Society but I don't think Diana would have liked to be such a "half"-Royal. It might not mean so much in the US where the society IMHO is more open to upstarts and social loosers but I'm sure she would have felt it in London, especially on growing older and loosing her great attractiveness. Especially as seeing William and Harry grow up and embarking on a life of their own would mean that their mother looses her place on centerstage.

No, I don't think Diana would have liked to age and be replaced in her son's life by their girlfriends and later wifes.

I don't think Diana would have lost her attractiveness there are lots of women in their 40s who look great for their age Diana would've been one of them IMHO.

I think she was already starting to figure out how to "work" with Charles where the two boys were concerned. I think she would have matured, like most of us, and gotten on with her life. I would hope she would of married someone better then Dodi, not saying he was a bad person, I just don't think it was a good match. I KNOW she would of continued to support her boys and hopefully would of made peace with the royal family. She had been around them all her life and I would hope that there would be forgiveness on both side.

I don't think Diana would have lost her attractiveness there are lots of women in their 40s who look great for their age Diana would've been one of them IMHO.
You only have to look at the parents, or older siblings to see what changes might occur. It is a natural thing, you summed it up yourself, "for their age".

I'm not an expert on this... but I think that Diana would have felt very restricted if she had married into a Muslim family, and any marriage (with Hasnat Khan or Dodi) would have suffered as a result. What I'm talking about is... that sometimes even minor things we Westerners don't think about are frowned upon by some Muslims. (For example, the other day I saw a Muslim lady getting a dressing down by her brother because she was wearing a floor-length dress, with jacket, and he considered it scandalous because there was a slit on one side, all the way up to the knee. By American standards it was a very modest dress... but not to a Muslim African male.)

I'm not making this comment to be demeaning to our Muslim members... but Diana wasn't always willing to change herself to her environment.

I think she was already starting to figure out how to "work" with Charles where the two boys were concerned. I think she would have matured, like most of us, and gotten on with her life. I would hope she would of married someone better then Dodi, not saying he was a bad person, I just don't think it was a good match. I KNOW she would of continued to support her boys and hopefully would of made peace with the royal family. She had been around them all her life and I would hope that there would be forgiveness on both side.

At the time of her death, she and Charles had already 'sort things out' and were in a good relationship. They had agree to do the best for William and Harry, so quit the worthless rows. I think as long as Charles didn't talk about Camilla and Diana did the same about her lovelife, it was fine between them. If Charles has accepted this 'reconciliation', the Royal Family might have done the same in the end. But that's only my opinion.

If Diana were still alive she would be very proud of her boys and I believe would have remarried, but I don't know if she would have moved because it was so far away from William and Harry. I think that if she would have survived the crash she and Charles would be on good terms and would be able to accept Camilla as her boys stepmother and would have been on pretty goood terms with other royals.

You only have to look at the parents, or older siblings to see what changes might occur. It is a natural thing, you summed it up yourself, "for their age".

Probably, but The Princess was fit and healthy she took care of herself and her looks. When one is fit and healthy they look young and great for their age. And Diana's mother Frances aged gracefully I can't say that for Diana's siblings.

We must be thinking of a different Frances Shand Kidd.

Well from a physical point it wasn't that bad but she died of parkison and brain cancer at 68 so she didn't aged very well IMO. Of course Diana could have lived much longer but life goes on ...

I hope that Diana would have just found peace of mind. I think she would have had a nice winter home someplace warm, perhaps a place like South Africa but would have still maintained her home base in England. As much as she bitched I think she knows she would have been hounded in America if she would have moved there.

if only we knew. it's interesting to guess though. i'm not sure she would be remarried but she'd proud of her boys that's for sure.

I read somwhere that Diana told a friend that all she had was good memories of the marriage. And from Anne Edwards Ever After it stated that on Diana's 36th birthday Charles had sent her a bouquet of flowers. I think before she died Diana and Charles were actually friends. IMO

I read somwhere that Diana told a friend that all she had was good memories of the marriage. And from Anne Edwards Ever After it stated that on Diana's 36th birthday Charles had sent her a bouquet of flowers. I think before she died Diana and Charles were actually friends. IMO

I read that too and I also read that when one of them was in serious trouble with the press attacks they would phone each other to see what they could do. They had just divorced but it had been already 4 years (1992-1996) that they were separated so they had the time to talk and have a mature relationship for the happiness of the boys.

I read that too and I also read that when one of them was in serious trouble with the press attacks they would phone each other to see what they could do. They had just divorced but it had been already 4 years (1992-1996) that they were separated so they had the time to talk and have a mature relationship for the happiness of the boys.
I find that hard to believe. If Charles was having a hard time with the press, it would have been Camilla he turned to, not Diana. The panorama interview only took place in 1995 and before and after that there was the much publicised WotW.

If Diana had good memories of the marriage, Why did she give all the negative information about Charles, HM and the royal family to Morton. :ermm:

I find that hard to believe. If Charles was having a hard time with the press, it would have been Camilla he turned to, not Diana. The panorama interview only took place in 1995 and before and after that there was the much publicised WotW.

If Diana had good memories of the marriage, Why did she give all the negative information about Charles, HM and the royal family to Morton. :ermm:

But Camilla had absolutely no power on the media. If Charles had a hard time then Diana could do something about it, not Camilla.

But Camilla had absolutely no power on the media. If Charles had a hard time then Diana could do something about it, not Camilla.
Diana certainly had no power over the media, they were complaining about the amount of holidays she was taking, if she had had any power, surely she would have stopped that.

The animosity between the two was there for all to see in the early '90's and was clear, the major fallout over the Dimbleby and Panorama interview's was not something that was going to be easy to fix over a cup of tea.

The chances of Charles discussing 'hard times' with Diana are remote, as she was the 'other side' in the war. More likely he discussed the nasty articles with Camilla.

I understand what you're saying, TheTruth. And to a certain extent, I'm obliged to agree :flowers:

If Diana had good memories of the marriage, Why did she give all the negative information about Charles, HM and the royal family to Morton.

The Princess supposedly said this a year after the divorce so she chose to only remember the good memories of the marriage rather then the bad.
And why is it so hard to believe that Charles and Diana had a good friendship after the divorce?

I believe things were getting better. They were making a go of creating an amicable correspondance which, if they had been given the chance to further that, would have no doubt fashioned, at least in my mind, something of a friendship.

I think Diana and Charles still cared for one another, even after the divorce, but in a way no one here could understand.

Last edited:
The Princess supposedly said this a year after the divorce so she chose to only remember the good memories of the marriage rather then the bad.
And why is it so hard to believe that Charles and Diana had a good friendship after the divorce?
The divorce was in 1996, so her memory must have been really short if was able to so quickly forget the bad marriage and all the reasons they divorced. After such a mucky time of the divorce, the fighting over titles and money, I think a 'good friendship' was still some way off, more likely they were able to talk without fighting so much. With the best will in the world, it is unusual to become good friends after all that was said.

In what way?

Diana, though in a position to wound was also in a position to heal (as are all those in position's of influence). The latter didn't reach any particular public capacity, but Diana could have (perhaps maybe even would have, with time) made a difference to the image she helped portray of Charles at the time (whether rightly or wrongly).

And whilst Charles most likely seeked comfort, and possibly even counsel, in the company of the now lovely and very agreeable Duchess, there was very little Camilla could have done. Infact, she was powerless to do a thing. The greater majority of the public disliked her and the media loathed her.

In terms of Charles's public image, Diana held what could certainly be construed as the "upper" hand.

I of course understand if you disagree :)

Last edited:
Diana, though in a position to wound was also in a position to heal (as are all those in position's of influence). The latter didn't reach any particular public capacity, but Diana could have (perhaps maybe even would have, with time) made a difference to the image she helped portray of Charles at the time (whether rightly or wrongly).

And whilst Charles most likely seeked comfort, and possibly even counsel, in the company of the now lovely and very agreeable Duchess, there was very little Camilla could have done. Infact, she was powerless to do a thing. The greater majority of the public disliked her and the media loathed her.

In terms of Charles's public image, Diana held what could certainly be construed as the "upper" hand.
The remark I replied to was from TheTruth and she said:-

I also read that when one of them was in serious trouble with the press attacks they would phone each other to see what they could do. They had just divorced but it had been already 4 years (1992-1996) that they were separated .....

I pointed out that the time period TT is talking about, encompasses the WotW and both damaging interviews, so it would be unlikely they would be telephoning one another to complain about those nasty reporters. More likely he would have sought comfort from Camilla. Diana from whoever she was with.
Whilst Diana, in time may have stopped using the media to discredit Charles, as we all know, it would have been impossible to retract all the negative remarks she had made about him. Diana had 'lost her way' with the media and it is hard to see how she could have had any 'upperhand' over her own, let alone Charles' image at that time.

The remark I replied to was from TheTruth and she said:-

I also read that when one of them was in serious trouble with the press attacks they would phone each other to see what they could do. They had just divorced but it had been already 4 years (1992-1996) that they were separated .....

I pointed out that the time period TT is talking about, encompasses the WotW and both damaging interviews, so it would be unlikely they would be telephoning one another to complain about those nasty reporters. More likely he would have sought comfort from Camilla. Diana from whoever she was with.
Whilst Diana, in time may have stopped using the media to discredit Charles, as we all know, it would have been impossible to retract all the negative remarks she had made about him. Diana had 'lost her way' with the media and it is hard to see how she could have had any 'upperhand' over her own, let alone Charles' image at that time.

I might agree with you on the period of the 90's. At the time of her death Diana was loosing her power over them, although I must say the press still followed her when she revealed herself on the french holidays with Dodi just to leave zero chance of front page for Camilla. Until the end she made the front page, for good or bad, but she sells and that's what counts in the press. IMO, she was right to not make an only one-way-buisness of her image, she gives but she doesn't get. On the contrary, she could ask them favours and I think she used this power to help the people, including Charles, who were harassed by the media.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom