Had Diana Lived...

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
sydney00 said:
perhaps she would have become good friends with sophie?...
would have been nice i think! two great women!!

Certainly questionable. After all when Sophie and Edward first started dating there were lots of rumoursand stories flying around that she was eliberately "copying" Diana.

I also do not think that if Diana was still alive that charles would have married again. What a nightmare. The Prince of Wales, Diana, Princess of Wales and then the Duchess of Cornwell. Diana would still hold Princess of Wales and Camilla would only hold the title of Duchess. What a true mess it would be, so I do not think that Carles would have remarried.

msleiman said:
I also do not think that if Diana was still alive that charles would have married again. What a nightmare. The Prince of Wales, Diana, Princess of Wales and then the Duchess of Cornwell. Diana would still hold Princess of Wales and Camilla would only hold the title of Duchess. What a true mess it would be, so I do not think that Carles would have remarried.

And what a pity that would have been... Just look at how happy Charles and Camilla are. Why should a broken marriage keep people from being happy again?

But - in my opinion Charles would have married Camilla even before he did it in reality. He already put quite some effort into presenting Camilla in a more positive light when Diana died. That changed public opinion and made everything much more difficult.

Another but - I believe that the death of Queen Mum opened up the way for Charles and Camilla, just like the death of Earl Spencer opened up the way to a divorce. IMHO, Diana would never have agreed to a divorce as long as her father was alive in order not to destroy his dreams of his daughter being the next queen, just like Charles would never have hurt his grandmother on marrying a divorcee.

The queen, IMHO, is much more understanding than most people give her credit. And if Camilla really is the person she more and more appears to be then it is good as it is.

if diana had lived i personally don't think she would be an icon as she is today, that sense of myth and engima that surrounds her life and death wouldn't exist. remember that the weeks before her death the press were very negative towards her calling her manipulative and calculating, and i also think that she would've married dodi due to the fact that he is rich and can provide security the two things she seemed to need at that point in her life.

Little_star said:
Certainly questionable. After all when Sophie and Edward first started dating there were lots of rumoursand stories flying around that she was eliberately "copying" Diana.

I always thought it was unfair of the press to say that. After all, Sophie was a young single woman in London-many of her intimates and her social level probably wore clothes inspired by Diana's fashions. It didn't seem unreasonable to me that Sophie wore clothes similar to Diana's-Diana was a big trendsetter.

pinkylou said:
if diana had lived i personally don't think she would be an icon as she is today, that sense of myth and engima that surrounds her life and death wouldn't exist. remember that the weeks before her death the press were very negative towards her calling her manipulative and calculating, and i also think that she would've married dodi due to the fact that he is rich and can provide security the two things she seemed to need at that point in her life.
The press were negative to Diana long before the weeks leading up to her death. They were negative towards her through much of 1995 and 1996, Yet Diana still sold newspapers, magazines unlike anyone else. Indeed the negativity of the press did little to quell the public's fascination with her. Many of the big names of the 20th century faced much negative press towards the end of their lives (Elvis, Princess Grace, Jackie Kennedy), yet they were still considered icons. Personally, I think that once someone captures the public's imagination as strongly as a person like Diana did, there will always be a considerable interest in them until the end of their lives, whether they die at the age of 36 or 100.

Last edited:
Third attempt at sending...

IMO - what if, - I was wondering etc.

Diana would not have married Dodi. He was a fling!
Diana would have resumed her work with the charities she was involved with.
Diana would have become closer to charles and they would enjoy a good friendship and be confidents.
Charles would have remarried, but NOT to camilla. He would have chosen someone new , the same age , and she and Diana would have gotten along very well.
Diana and the boys would be close.
Diana would cherish the role of mother of the future king and monarch of the UK.
DIana would have a residence in South Africa and spend 3 or 4 months of the year there.
Diana would NOT remarry, but eventually enjoy a lasting relationship with an older man, similiar to the relationship Jackie O had with Maurice Templeton. and without the benefit of marriage.
Diana and Katharine Kent would have become friends.
Diana and her brother Charles , would become close again and she would be on friendlier terms with her sisters, but at arms length.
Like another poster stated, Chelsey would be a non-issue.

I am sure there are many more.. but I want to see if this get posted.:)

if diana had lived... then all landmines would be banned and she would have completed her legacy

Had diana lived, Diana would have her second dresses auction done, and may have other similar auctions. For examples, her hats.

Diana would have a long time relationship with Dodi than the public expect, if Dodi know how to appreciate her, and support her charitable work, for example, by donating a good deal of money to the landmine campaign. (But I doubt it, if Dodi was the same kind of person of his father)

Diana will have a more normal relationship with charles, but not a close one, as long as camilla is still at his side. She would blow up and have a very hard time when Charles marries Camilla, unless she had already settled down then.

She would always be jealous of Camilla.

Diana would finally find a man who know to appreciate her, and most probably, this man is from charity field.

Diana would continue her charitable work, more devoted. She might step into mother teresa's charitable work, afther she died.

Diana would be closer to Harry than with William, in order to balance the attention the brothers get. As harry grows up, when he begin to think more seriously, he would replace the place of william as mother's soul mate. And Harry can understand her mother better than will. Because he more resembles her in mind.

She would have visited China for the first time, and would persuade the Chinese government to allow Mother Teresa to set up her hospices there.

sinead said:
Her death was a terrible accident, but every August the press do a big push to demand answers to her death and ask 'Where are the Royal Family?'. These boys lost their mother and have no wish to drag up her death every year.
I don't think the Royal Family would be the way it is now. I know that we are not suppose to speak ill of the dead, but IMO Diana would have done everything in her power to ensure that Charles was casted in a bad light. Charles is now married to Camilla and happy. His sons, William and Harry, both approved of the match, something that wouldn't have happened had Diana lived, as she would have ensured everyone, including the Media, knew her feelings.
Attack if you wish, but I HONESTLY believe, and agree that Diana was jealouse of her sons growing popularity.

AND I HONESTLY have never heard that view before, that DIana was jealous of her sons growing popularity!! That is a new one for me!!IMO it doesn't hold water!:( She was always proud of the two boys...

If Diana lived but Dodi still died from injuries, Mr Fayed would have blamed Diana for his son's death. She would be giving interviews every year, sobbing about how terrible the accident was. Oh, and blame the whole thing on the media.

Incas said:
If Diana lived but Dodi still died from injuries, Mr Fayed would have blamed Diana for his son's death. She would be giving interviews every year, sobbing about how terrible the accident was. Oh, and blame the whole thing on the media.

If Dodi died, Diana lived, I think her whole life would be changed. Maybe she would leave the public life once for ever.

And Diana would be very anxious about Will's hair. She would try her best to find some treatment for it.

God thank you, I thought I was the only one who found his disregard of going bald to be reckless

Diana jealous of her own son's popularity?...what total & utter rubbish!!!

"MII"

Last edited:
It's not entirely unknown for parents to be jealous of their children. I don't know that it can just be ruled out as so completely impossible. Diana was a rather possessive mother, and that sort of emotion can turn to jealousy as the child breaks away and starts an independent life.

Elspeth said:
It's not entirely unknown for parents to be jealous of their children. I don't know that it can just be ruled out as so completely impossible. Diana was a rather possessive mother, and that sort of emotion can turn to jealousy as the child breaks away and starts an independent life.

I did not say it was impossible, those are your words & not mine ;) I did say that it is rubbish (for this scenario I believe) and I firmly stand by my comment.

Diana was well aware of who her son was and what, one day, he shall become. I dont believe that Diana was threatened by her son's expected popularity but would have, in turn, guided him through (as would have his father) the growing mass of media and public interest. Herself being the most publicized woman of the 20th century, she would have definitly known a thing or two about media attention and I am confident that she would have supported William through his growing popularity.

"MII"

Last edited:
I could have seen Diana spending a few months in Switzerland every year and being the director of UNAIDS. Also, living in South Africa because the men down there are fine with great accents.

If Diana were still alive then I htink she would have got remarried but not to Dodi he was just a good friend. I also think Diana would have helped William and Harry grow into their roles in life especially with William going to be King one day. In Paul Burrel's book it does say that she had plans on miving to the us I think it was Florida, Washington or California something like that. Diana would have resumed her charities and I think her and Charles would haev remained friends. I think Charles and Camilla would have got married maybe a little sooner and I think Diana would have began to respect Camilla in a way that Camilla makes Charles happy something that Diana has said many times, she couldn't do.

If Diana had lived she would still be an icon. She would still be carving out a niche for herself most probably in her charity work. I don't think she was a performer, she was always herself and stamped her mark on whatever arena she ventured into. She would set a trend in the area of charity work that would be the benchmark for the future. The Prince of Wales would marry the Duchess of Cornwall after the death of the beloved Queen Mother and she would be styled The Princess of Wales but Diana would be pleased because she had accepted the inevitable after getting over the pain of the initial humiliation. It would be a case of "Been there. Done that. Now we should all move on.."

If Diana had lived I believe she would be as popular as ever. I do not think she would be jealous of either of her sons but would be guiding and loving them and she always did. I do not think she would have married Dodi and do believe she would be living in the USA on and off as well as England. As far as Prince Charles marrying Camilla goes, I believe he was pressured into marrying her just like he was Diana. Prince Charles would have been just as happy to have kept living with Camilla forever but that really would not have been acceptable when he becomes king. If Diana were still alive he would have ever married Camilla as he was only able to marry her because Diana was dead, this was repeated over and over by the press. I would hope that her relations with the Royal Family would have improved and of course she would still be involved with her charity work.

Lily

I think that if she had lived it would been good to campaing for using safety belts. I don't think she would have married Dodi that would have created more tension for the family but make negative comments about Charles & Camilla. Diana would have spent more time in NY and even LA and hang out with A-list celebrities who would be competing to have her stay with them and do "charity work/balls /events" in order to have high profile
pictures in the press with her.
wittykitty

I think if Diana would have lived, her sons would not be as close to their father as much. They seem to really enjoy each other a lot and are very lovable and accepting, but still quite individuals. On the other hand, a lot of the influence their mother had over them may be minimal. They even may be somewhat spiteful as may become frustrated over some their mother's behavior that has brought a lot of embarrassment for them. In death, her behavior in life is always being criticized and commented on. I think a blowup between mother and son's would have become imminent because of the difficulties between the royal family and her. In fact, even Sarah and Diana & Diana and her own other weren't even talking to each other at the time of Diana's death. I think Diana was a lovely person, but she did have some problems that got in the way of her happiness. Her own personal tragedies in her childhood, in her marriage, her relationship with the junior members of the royal families, her position in life and how she manipulated others, etc would have continued for another 20 years or so. She was basically an unhappy woman, but a good intentioned person.:ermm:

(Sorry for all the misspellings and grammatical errors when first written. Even I didn't understand what I was saying!)

Last edited:
If Diana had lived, she would learn to be low-key but she would be still willing to offer her helps in charity work. It is always hard for her to accept Charles to marry Camilla neverless. Diana certainly does not want Camilla to be stepmother of her two sons. But I may be wrong, if Diana truly loves Charles and happy for his peace in his life, she would accpet the result. She and Charles could be good friends which is like Duke of York and Duchess of York. They two can bring up their children in a better situation. Diana will be very proud of her two sons and Charles's achievements. I don't know whether she and Camilla can be civilised, it is hard to imagine that. But if the two women understood each other fully, things may be changed.

I would like to believe that had Diana lived, she would have continued to support her sons. However, Charles would NOT have married - unless he had been willing to abdicate.

In her personal life, I believe she would have continued to redevelop her friendship with the POW and forgiven Sarah, Duchess of York. I see her and Fergie spending time together in the U.S. because the monarchy would NOT have moved an inch or learned from her death. :bang:

I believe that she would have continued her mission with landmines and probably branched out into other horrors of war. However, I believe that Prince William and Prince Harry's relationships might not have been as strong as they are - she would have been concerned about them becoming serious early and making her mistakes.

I don't believe she would have remarried unless her heart surgeon asked her. I think that she might not have gone down in history quite the same way had she died at the end of her course. Instead, she is remembered for the good she did, the saddness she had and her beauty that in her short life made her the "people's princess"...

I agree that Diana would have married Hasnat Khan because I really belive thata she really did love him. She met his family and they all liked her and I think if Diana had found a way to get awaty from the cameras adn the public Hasnat may have married her since he ddn't enjoy all the media attention.

This is really a tough question. It is really so sad for me to imagine what would she do if she were not dead. Personally speaking, I prefer her to be not so popular had she alive, instead, to live a normal, peaceful life in some place of America. To the end of her life, I got a feeling that she got really tired of the limelight; no matter it was for good causes or bad causes. I hope the media and the people(including me) could just simply leave her alone. Of course if had not that fatal accident, I would never think in this way. But her death leave people so many pains and regrets that I did hope I’ve never knew this woman.

It is a very tough question what would Diana's life be like if she didn't die in that car crash? I try not to think of that because all the what ifs "what if she didn't die, what if she didn't get into the car" all these what ifs adds up to one big nothing. If she didn't die I would've hoped that she would've been more happy with her life.

I think that the media would have her in a good light, because I know that if she were still alive she would be helping all of her charities, and she would be reaching out to people with AIDS, or cancer, or something like that. She would like seeing how great her boys have grown up, we would probably have pictures of her with Kate and Chelsy, I suspect that if they got along she would spend time with them. She would be embarrassed by some of the things that her boys did, like any mother would, but she knew how it felt, she would mostly be embarrassed FOR them, and would help them sort it out. I would hope that she would have found happiness, whether she found a great man, or involved herself in more charities and good works, had more children, or just had those boys who she adored (this one I'm positive she would find happiness, she was an excellant mother). Hopefully she wouldn't be a broken person, but happy and healthy. We would probably see her at her boys' weddings, and playing with her grandkids, and just living life, like any normal person.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom