Had Diana Lived...

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
it is very cryptic and it just drives me nuts wondering what it was she was going to do!

Maybe she was going to fake her death? And the only people to know would be her family. In order for her to be left alone by the press.

Ok I just woke up now and realises the above comment was made in my dreams.

Duchess said:
it is very cryptic and it just drives me nuts wondering what it was she was going to do!

Perhaps she'd decided to sign up for that follow-up Bodyguard movie that Kevin Costner was supposed to be writing for her. I wonder if she'd have won the Oscar.

Elspeth said:
Perhaps she'd decided to sign up for that follow-up Bodyguard movie that Kevin Costner was supposed to be writing for her. I wonder if she'd have won the Oscar.

I think she was just playing with people's heads. I highly doubt Diana would have decided to become an actress.....something that is beneath all bounds for an aristocrat and mother of a future king! She wasn't an idiot.

branchg said:
I think she was just playing with people's heads. I highly doubt Diana would have decided to become an actress.....something that is beneath all bounds for an aristocrat and mother of a future king! She wasn't an idiot.

I also don't think that Diana would become an actress but I do think that she would have followed her most fevernt dreams whatever they may have been just as she did with her ballet routine.

I would like to also point out that the idea is not so far fetched for one to think of.

There are several examples, they may not be exact replica examples of Diana but certainly close enough for one to wonder...

Look at Empress Soraya who became an actress after her marraige failed, also the Sarah the duchess of York who appeared on a Friends episode and currently admits to looking for acting roles - she's even moving to New York.

Prince Edward had a production company and appeared on tv in some of his pieces, although he doesn't do that anymore.

I'm sure there are other examples.

Last edited:
branchg said:

Well Princess Grace did it without losing any of that dignity that she possessed till the end of her life.

That having been said, I think Diana was better suited to being a performer than being a princess. As a royal, one is not really attracting so much attention to oneself but giving recognition to other people and events that contribute to the nation. The Queen does a marvelous job of that.

I think one of the tragedies in Diana's life is that she grew too tall to have a career as a classical dancer which she loved and would have been well suited for.

ysbel said:
Well Princess Grace did it without losing any of that dignity that she possessed till the end of her life.

That having been said, I think Diana was better suited to being a performer than being a princess. As a royal, one is not really attracting so much attention to oneself but giving recognition to other people and events that contribute to the nation. The Queen does a marvelous job of that.

I think one of the tragedies in Diana's life is that she grew too tall to have a career as a classical dancer which she loved and would have been well suited for.

Very well said Ysbel. Clotilde Courau has also been accepted as an Italian Princess of Savoy albeit it was rather forced due to pregnancy.

I agree Diana would have been much happier as a dancer. It was a true passion. She was also a great swimmer/diver. I wonder what could have been if she had trained to become an Olympian?? (Just a thought).

Many have said the late Princess Margaret would have been a fabulous actress and had she not been royal, she would probably had a fantastic career.

Well, in many ways, Diana WAS a performer because she became the most famous woman in the world after her marriage and was built up by all the attention into a media superstar.

She was smart enough to know her greatest role was being a princess and mother of a future king. If she lowered herself by dabbling in Sarah Ferguson-type activities, this would have diminshed her luster. Sarah did it mainly because she needed the money. Diana didn't.

Paul Burrell, for one but since I posted, his relationship with the Princess doesn't seem to be what he portrayed it to be. Simone Simmons is another but she, too, seems to be making money off the death of her friend and, IMO, one book was enough. It was alluded that Rosa Monckton, Lucia Flecha de Lima and that correspondent whose name escapes me but was often Diana's mouthpiece, also said as much.

Now, I've read Dodi had kicked his habit and kept it around for his friends. He also had what Diana wanted: Time to devote to her. I still don't think they would've ended up together. Dodi had many troubles and, while Diana was drawn to helping troubled people, she told her good friend, Lady Annabel Goldsmith she needed another bad marriage like a hole in the head. She loved Dr. Khan and this seems, in retrospect, a rebound romance so I think, ultimately, she would have gathered herself together and said "no." I also think Dodi was pushing things a bit too fast for Diana's comfort level. They really scarcely knew one another and he was talking marriage...... I just don't see it happening. She would've moved on.

skk said:
which of her friends said that and where??? any help on this would be much appreciatied.

branchg said:
Well, in many ways, Diana WAS a performer because she became the most famous woman in the world after her marriage and was built up by all the attention into a media superstar.

She was smart enough to know her greatest role was being a princess and mother of a future king. If she lowered herself by dabbling in Sarah Ferguson-type activities, this would have diminshed her luster. Sarah did it mainly because she needed the money. Diana didn't.

branchg, I wouldn't call Sarah Ferguson's Weight Watchers stint a serious foray in the professional performing arts. :eek: But being princess and mother was also not just a role for Diana to perform; it was her real life albeit one with a public profile.

Its generally not wise to use one's real life as a performance. Professional performers (dancers, actresses) are taught to develop a built in defense against this in the stage or screen where they keep a clear line drawn between the characters they play and their real life. This is important because the performer personaility (and Diana was one) can easily confuse the performance with the real life and it becomes devasting to their real life happiness and relationships.

The professional performing arts environment also provides a more supportive environment for the performer personality. It accepts extreme emotions and personalities more readily than ancient royal families. A performer like Diana was with her own kind with the likes of Elton John, etc. but not with the Royal Family or the members of the Royal Household.

So I believe a career in the real performing arts was better suited to Diana's temperament. It would have given her a safe 'make-believe' place to perform while keeping her real life sane and she would have been surrounded by people more conducive and supportive to her temperament. Now it has its own problems too but Diana would have been with her own kind.

maryshawn said:
Paul Burrell, for one but since I posted, his relationship with the Princess doesn't seem to be what he portrayed it to be. Simone Simmons is another but she, too, seems to be making money off the death of her friend and, IMO, one book was enough. It was alluded that Rosa Monckton, Lucia Flecha de Lima and that correspondent whose name escapes me but was often Diana's mouthpiece, also said as much.

Now, I've read Dodi had kicked his habit and kept it around for his friends. He also had what Diana wanted: Time to devote to her. I still don't think they would've ended up together. Dodi had many troubles and, while Diana was drawn to helping troubled people, she told her good friend, Lady Annabel Goldsmith she needed another bad marriage like a hole in the head. She loved Dr. Khan and this seems, in retrospect, a rebound romance so I think, ultimately, she would have gathered herself together and said "no." I also think Dodi was pushing things a bit too fast for Diana's comfort level. They really scarcely knew one another and he was talking marriage...... I just don't see it happening. She would've moved on.

thanks alot for filling me in :)

If Diania lived today...I don't think her sons would be as close to their father as they are today...and I think you can clearly see that Harry would be a big time mama's boy! :D

I totally agree with you

Diana and Dr. Khan

Do you think Diana's attempts to make Dr. Hasnat Khan jealous were working--and that they'd have ended up together? He looked so sad at her funeral. There were so many ironies in the life of this woman; what struck me about her death is that she basically bled out internally when her heart was dislodged and the man she really thought she loved is a heart surgeon. There's just something about that that struck me. I wonder if he ever wondered if he could have saved her life. On "48 Hours," an american surgeon suggested that had she gotten to a hospital in 15 minutes, her life could have been saved and she would've regained normal function. It was the heart attacks she kept having which would have impaired her permanently and led to a vegatative state.

I think that if Diana were here today that she would be so proud of William and Harry. I don't know what to say or think about the Dodi situation. You have two sides to the story-his friends and family telling their versions and her friends telling their side. She would also be doing her charity work and I would like to think that she would have been an ambassador . I would also like to think that she would have remarried and had another child.
I also do not think that Charles and Camilla would have married. I think that they would have lived together but not as man and wife.

Harry's polo shirt said:
I don't think Harry would be as insecure and as influenced as he is by peers, examples include the uniform, drugs, drinking, and partying. Because Diana showed him more attention and affection than Will, Harry wouldn't feel like he has to upstage his brother by acting out in order to get attention.

That I can aree with. Not to say that william is the bad guy. But, harry is treated like the red headed step-child(no Punt intended).

Had Diana lived Harry would not have had the problems that he has had. She would havr nipped that in the bud.

But, I think that she would become a such a massive force in charity work. Once the boys were of age. She would really be able to focus more on her causes without too much worry about the boys. But, as a mother you never really stop worrying until you are dead( sad really). But, those who posted abut jealously of will. PLEASE:rolleyes: , I don't think so. No matter what. She was still diana. & just by looking at her mother. Diana would still be such a Beautiful woman & with her workout. Still in great shape. Just another role model for middle age woman who look great & with great bodies. Much more that the Coat hanger Hollywood types who have the shape of 10 year old boys. I don't know if she would ever remarry. There were so many that turned on her & traded her in for a Big Payday. Just look at today, people still write books or whatever on her in order to make money. & the Poor woman is not around to defend herself. Dead or alive & don't see anyone outdoing Diana any time soon. & that includes William, He gets the press because he ia her 1st born & he looks so much like her.

I don't know if she would ever remarry. I would like to think that she could find her true love & have the daughter she wanted.

I think she would have moved on. Established her role and work in charity. Be a great mother. Remarry and have more kids. Live a more lowkey life. I think all the drama of the past would have stayed in the Past.

well, I think if diana would here today many the things would be be so diferent.
May be charles and camilla YES married, diana woud be soo proud of her boys, may be harry don't have the problems than he have.
I really would see diana married with a good mad, than make she happy, and with the daughter than she so wanted.
I still have hopes about the boys but not mach, i think in the future the boys may can do some they's mother charitys, AIDS, homeless etc. But now is very hard for us to see that, the boys are most hmmmm ''royals'' now, I really don't like that but is the reality.
I sure diana loved her 2 boys, but in diferent ways, with william she had a relation most madure (as she said, all her hopes for the future are in william) and harry was more the baby of the family.
Is true, william look a lot like her mother, but harry have some of diana too, both are dad and mom boys.
I really want thing that a diana alive, happy and absolutly beatiful with her new life and with her charity work, helping the people, a diana with another relation with the royal family.
But in some way she still is here, we are talking about her.

Last edited:
if you think Diana would become 45 years old on July 1st if she would alives anytimes and many people who lived in England as resident for longtimes and give her flowers and pictures at her old home at Kensington Palace and Althorp also they remind of Princess Diana very much.

im hope i would put flower at her old home and Althorp when i visit Diana's childhood and Kensington Palace also but i wanted paid respect to Princess Diana very much.

if Diana had lived.........i guess she would continued on her humanitarian work and charities.....still be recognized by many people and still is as the "people's princess"!

and....of course.....Charles would not have married his mistress! at least I dun think that people would accpet their marriage if Diana is still alive....also...if Diana is still alive with Charles marrying Camilla, that would make a mess i think, a big mess! (well, you can say the papers can always make BIG $$ by making up lots of gossips)

I guess for her boys, I think Harry would not have make those stupid decisions for wearing the nazi shirts..etc

bigheadshirmp said:
if Diana had lived.........i guess she would continued on her humanitarian work and charities.....still be recognized by many people and still is as the "people's princess"!

and....of course.....Charles would not have married his mistress! at least I dun think that people would accpet their marriage if Diana is still alive....also...if Diana is still alive with Charles marrying Camilla, that would make a mess i think, a big mess! (well, you can say the papers can always make BIG $$ by making up lots of gossips)

I guess for her boys, I think Harry would not have make those stupid decisions for wearing the nazi shirts..etc

i would agree with your posts

but Harry needs to RID of his nazi shirts and also Prince Charles cant getting married to camilla but its too late! but he really happy to as husband but he known Camilla for over 30 years but i cant blame him!

gaggleofcrazypeople said:
At this point, she might be getting jelous of Wills. She would be getting older and getting less attention. And since he has been getting alot of it, she might just be jelous.

Her death was a terrible accident, but every August the press do a big push to demand answers to her death and ask 'Where are the Royal Family?'. These boys lost their mother and have no wish to drag up her death every year.
I don't think the Royal Family would be the way it is now. I know that we are not suppose to speak ill of the dead, but IMO Diana would have done everything in her power to ensure that Charles was casted in a bad light. Charles is now married to Camilla and happy. His sons, William and Harry, both approved of the match, something that wouldn't have happened had Diana lived, as she would have ensured everyone, including the Media, knew her feelings.
Attack if you wish, but I HONESTLY believe, and agree that Diana was jealouse of her sons growing popularity.

Had Diana Lived...

I shall take a different path to many here.

I believe that if had Diana, Princess of Wales lived that relations between her and the royal family would have, actually, improved.

Being older and wiser, I think Diana would have established her own place in life...a place of contentment & forgiveness...having spent many years finding out who she is and what she wanted for her children, herself and yes... for Charles.

Contrary to what many of us hear, relations between the Prince & the Princess were already improving at the time of her death...slowly but surely.

Far from being the best of friends (that would have never have been the case) they were working on establishing a common ground for not only their children, but for themselves.

Communiocation lines were re-estbalished between Kensington & St James's and private phone calls, were occassionally and appropriately made...even the odd joke cracked.

Diana still visited HM the Queen up until the time of her death. Would go swimming at Windsor and if time was on her (ER's) side, would have a private audience with the Queen, 15 minutes or so...a catch up...talking about William & Henry, getting to know each other again.

Diana was of course living her own life then, an indapendant member of the worlds most publicised family, the mother of England's future King.

I truely believe that now, in 2006, Diana would have never re-married, her relationship with Dodi would have been a mere glint, one of many reminders of her glittering past.

She would have once again represented the royal family, in the same way Princess Alexandra of Denmark occassionally does.

She would not have attended the Wales/Cornwall wedding...I don't believe there would have been one if Diana were still here.

Henry would have had his behind kicked so hard, his ears would have bled! There's is no doubt whatsoever about that and he would have not pursued his relationship with Ms Chelsy..not so much a reflection of her as an indavidual but as a young woman with family connections to the murderous dictator Mugabe. For sure, Diana would have put her foot down! We all know how she felt about Africa and her people as a whole.

Philip & Daina? A constant stalemate that would have never been broken. Civil in public of course.

Would have once again attended State Banquets and would be helping celebrate HM the Queen's 80th year with the Windsors and their nation.

Still residing in Kensignton? Would still have an apartment there...would have bought her own place though.

Would not have taken any movie offers or advertising campaigns...

Would have finally come into her own!

Thats what I think, and think strongly at that.

"MII"

Last edited:
If Diana had lived......there's a million conspiracy theories on what may have happened.

My own opinion is that she probably would have settled with Dodi. I can honestly say I cannot remember ever seeing her as happy as she did during that last summer. After years of stress and turmoil she finally seemed content.

I think she would have continued to guide her sons with their endeavours. As for Harry's "wild" behaviour, I don't think he's any different to anyone else his age and I don't think his mother would have chastised him for his behaviour unless it really crossed the line.

Charles and Camilla would not be married, I think the Royal Family would still be trying to introduce Camilla to Royal duties but there is no way she would be married to Charles at this point.

As for Diana' charity work, I think she would have continued with it, particularly her landmine campaign and her work with the Shaukat Khanum Memorial Hospital. Although I think Jemima's divorce may have some impact on the latter cause

As for the Royal Family, she would have maintained an uneasy truce with them. However as the mother ot the future heir of the throne I think the Palace would have started to invite her in from the cold more often.

Margrethe II said:
I shall take a different path to many here.
I believe that if had Diana, Princess of Wales lived that relations between her and the royal family would have, actually, improved..."MII"
I agree with some hing than you said in your post.
Diana working for the royal family after her divorce....I agree with you, for diana the monarchy was so important, her family was anyway very close of the royal family and of course, she was the mother fo the future king.
God, diana now would be only 45 years old.

Last edited by a moderator:
perhaps she would have become good friends with sophie?...
would have been nice i think! two great women!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Anything could have happened. She could have become a loony, she could have become a movie star, she could have continued her charity work, she could have converted to islam, charles and camilla might have married, prince harry might still have problems. The possiblities are endless.

We don't know, I just want see a diana happy and in peace with her life.
But all is impossible now.

Diana's work on this earth was done and she is at peace. We're all going to die someday and need to make the most of the time we have. Diana certainly did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom