The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2008, 11:34 AM
Royal Highness

If Diana had lived

This is an interesting article - purely based on the writers opinion. What do you think...is it close to the truth? Way off base?

What if Diana HAD married the love of her life, Hasnat Khan? We imagine what her life could have been | the Daily Mail

Old 01-19-2008, 11:46 AM
Imperial Majesty

Whoever wrote it, obviously has no idea of Diana's character. Still it would make a great comedy skit.

Old 01-19-2008, 12:55 PM
Royal Highness

well i don't think it was meant to be funny but perhaps...if she loved dr. khan the way many people think she did....this wouldn't have been too far off. "IF" she had married him maybe she would have been entirely content to convert to the muslim religion and live a life almost entirley out of the public eye.
Old 01-19-2008, 01:00 PM
Imperial Majesty

I just think Diana would have had 'problems' being left on her own hour after hour, day in day out.
Old 01-19-2008, 01:03 PM
Courtier

Quite a flight of fancy!! Especially about needing a regency.
Old 01-19-2008, 01:16 PM
Nobility

I don't know why people are so fancy with Dr. Khan, and so dismissive with Dodi. I admit Dr. Khan is great, but not so great as a lover. I know Dodi might has a lot of problem. But he seemed very absorbed in Diana. Just make an analogy, as a lover who would you choose, William or Harry?
Old 01-19-2008, 01:53 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

This article reads rather silly. It looks like the author's biggest fantasy is not Diana's happiness but the fact that Charles is conveniently out of the way and as regent to an underage son as King, Diana is free to wield her influence over the Sceptered Isles once more.
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 01-19-2008, 02:43 PM
Nobility

It's silly

The Queen is still alive, so there would be no need for a Regent. She'll never abdicate, and Charles will not be passed over.

I think Diana did love Hasnat Kahn, but their relationship had already come to an impass. I don't think she would have been successful at retreating from public life - the press would have hounded her.
Old 01-19-2008, 03:44 PM

The article is cute but it and makes us sound positively Dutch and I could never see it happening at all. Though part of me would have been happy to see have seen a Dina Khan as they suggest. Just without all the abdication crap.
Old 01-19-2008, 05:03 PM
Courtier

I don't think Diana had really strong intentions of remarrying. I doubt how much she would be able to cope and finally accept the fact that her remarriage will probably cost her title of "Princess of Wales". In fact, I don't think Dr Khan would ever thinking marrying Diana but he probably put this into "day-dream type."

Don't like this article at all, but thanks for the link.
Old 01-19-2008, 05:11 PM
Aristocracy

Well it certainly gave me my laugh for the morning...........
Old 01-19-2008, 06:12 PM
Royal Highness

Well, that was interesting to read........highly unlikelyl, but interesting to read another person's viewpoint of "what if"--
but, in all seriousness, what would she be up to now? It's impossible to know, speculate, or whatever. She and Fergie would probably be sharing an apartment in New York (since the Duchess loves her so and thinks about her everyday and Diana was thinking of giving "Big Red" a call.......) at least maybe if that were the case Bea would be dressing better......

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 01-19-2008, 06:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

Location: Between the first and second floor of the Eiffel Tower, France
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcbcode99 View Post
Well, that was interesting to read........highly unlikelyl, but interesting to read another person's viewpoint of "what if"--
but, in all seriousness, what would she be up to now? It's impossible to know, speculate, or whatever. She and Fergie would probably be sharing an apartment in New York (since the Duchess loves her so and thinks about her everyday and Diana was thinking of giving "Big Red" a call.......) at least maybe if that were the case Bea would be dressing better......

Oh they would definitely be living in trendy New York City. They should have made their own fashion line and create glamorous clothes for celebrities .

Please, help find a cure for ALS

Because it matters...
Old 01-19-2008, 06:43 PM
Royal Highness

This is what I hope would have happen to Princess Diana if she would have lived:
She would have matured and have peace in her life
She would have found her true love
She would have a life to her liking without so much press interferance
She would be proud of her two boys and help them grow up
She would have a role in life to make a difference in society
She and Prince Charles would be friends
And all the bad press of the last ten years-most of it not ever happening
because she was around to defend herself

That is my wish for Princess Diana.
Old 01-19-2008, 06:58 PM
Heir Presumptive

Location: Between the first and second floor of the Eiffel Tower, France
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiea View Post
This is what I hope would have happen to Princess Diana if she would have lived:

(my bolding)

I've always thought that they were still "friends" or at least they still entertained a respectful relationship even after their separation. I remember that Charles sent a bouquet roses for one of Diana's birthday a long time after they had separated. Charles was, IMO, quite supportive to her then and he did the best to avoid her problems and she helped him when the press was bringing his image down. People were pleased to say there was a real war going on between them but I don't think it was that bad actually.

Please, help find a cure for ALS

Because it matters...
Old 01-19-2008, 07:19 PM

Quote:

Plenty of people have bad press and are alive to defend themselves but don't. Let's not forget that alot of the things we've heard about the "naughty" Diana would have come out at some point whether she was alive or not. That image of "nice" Diana would only have sold so many newspapers.
Old 01-19-2008, 07:51 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Great point. Finally, you and me shared some similar thoughts. Although I don't think they have necessarily to live together. But they would be friend again.
Old 01-19-2008, 07:57 PM
Royal Highness

They probably would not be living together, but they probably would have been friends. I think that Sarah was probably one of the few friends Diana had who would "tell her how it is" and not fawn over the whole Princess Diana persona. As former members of the BRF they would have felt the need to stick together--IMO
anbrida--I'm glad we agree on something! I really do enjoy your posts, BTW.

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 01-19-2008, 11:15 PM
Nobility

Quote:
They probably would not be living together, but they probably would have been friends. I think that Sarah was probably one of the few friends Diana had who would "tell her how it is" and not fawn over the whole Princess Diana persona. As former members of the BRF they would have felt the need to stick together--IMO
anbrida--I'm glad we agree on something! I really do enjoy your posts, BTW.
Thank you, I enjoy your post either, although you showed me other possibilities about Diana which I might not like.

Here is a little story I really like. I want to share with you and all people here.

A pig, a sheep and a cow lived in a barn. One day, the herd came to catch the pig. The pig resisted him violently, screaming and crying. The sheep and cow found his screaming disturbing, saying "the herd often came to catch us, but we never screamed and cried, why you make such a fuss here." The pig replied, ”he came to you only for your wool and milk, but to me, he came for my life." At the end of the story, it wrote, "it is not easy for different people, in different situations, different environments to understand each other's feeling. So don’t crow over other people’s loss, frustration, or pain, but try to understand with a sympathy heart.
Old 01-20-2008, 12:06 AM
Nobility

Quote:

The press on Diana over the last ten years didn't give me too much impression as "bad", but I did find the intrusion of privacy climbed to an incredible level.

I hope if Diana would have lived, she would be able to come to terms with C&C's marriage. Definitely, I think the "naughty" Diana would be "mad" about it for a while, but after that I hope she would forget it and just go on with her own life.

Closed Thread

Tags
diana princess of wales, princess diana