The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2006, 12:46 PM
Gentry

If Diana had lived I believe she would be as popular as ever. I do not think she would be jealous of either of her sons but would be guiding and loving them and she always did. I do not think she would have married Dodi and do believe she would be living in the USA on and off as well as England. As far as Prince Charles marrying Camilla goes, I believe he was pressured into marrying her just like he was Diana. Prince Charles would have been just as happy to have kept living with Camilla forever but that really would not have been acceptable when he becomes king. If Diana were still alive he would have ever married Camilla as he was only able to marry her because Diana was dead, this was repeated over and over by the press. I would hope that her relations with the Royal Family would have improved and of course she would still be involved with her charity work.

Lily

Old 08-09-2006, 03:21 PM
Aristocracy

I think that if she had lived it would been good to campaing for using safety belts. I don't think she would have married Dodi that would have created more tension for the family but make negative comments about Charles & Camilla. Diana would have spent more time in NY and even LA and hang out with A-list celebrities who would be competing to have her stay with them and do "charity work/balls /events" in order to have high profile
pictures in the press with her.
wittykitty

Old 08-09-2006, 08:36 PM
Courtier

I think if Diana would have lived, her sons would not be as close to their father as much. They seem to really enjoy each other a lot and are very lovable and accepting, but still quite individuals. On the other hand, a lot of the influence their mother had over them may be minimal. They even may be somewhat spiteful as may become frustrated over some their mother's behavior that has brought a lot of embarrassment for them. In death, her behavior in life is always being criticized and commented on. I think a blowup between mother and son's would have become imminent because of the difficulties between the royal family and her. In fact, even Sarah and Diana & Diana and her own other weren't even talking to each other at the time of Diana's death. I think Diana was a lovely person, but she did have some problems that got in the way of her happiness. Her own personal tragedies in her childhood, in her marriage, her relationship with the junior members of the royal families, her position in life and how she manipulated others, etc would have continued for another 20 years or so. She was basically an unhappy woman, but a good intentioned person.

(Sorry for all the misspellings and grammatical errors when first written. Even I didn't understand what I was saying!)
Old 08-14-2006, 03:56 AM
Courtier

If Diana had lived, she would learn to be low-key but she would be still willing to offer her helps in charity work. It is always hard for her to accept Charles to marry Camilla neverless. Diana certainly does not want Camilla to be stepmother of her two sons. But I may be wrong, if Diana truly loves Charles and happy for his peace in his life, she would accpet the result. She and Charles could be good friends which is like Duke of York and Duchess of York. They two can bring up their children in a better situation. Diana will be very proud of her two sons and Charles's achievements. I don't know whether she and Camilla can be civilised, it is hard to imagine that. But if the two women understood each other fully, things may be changed.
Old 08-14-2006, 04:09 AM
Aristocracy
Royal Blogger

I would like to believe that had Diana lived, she would have continued to support her sons. However, Charles would NOT have married - unless he had been willing to abdicate.

In her personal life, I believe she would have continued to redevelop her friendship with the POW and forgiven Sarah, Duchess of York. I see her and Fergie spending time together in the U.S. because the monarchy would NOT have moved an inch or learned from her death.

I believe that she would have continued her mission with landmines and probably branched out into other horrors of war. However, I believe that Prince William and Prince Harry's relationships might not have been as strong as they are - she would have been concerned about them becoming serious early and making her mistakes.

I don't believe she would have remarried unless her heart surgeon asked her. I think that she might not have gone down in history quite the same way had she died at the end of her course. Instead, she is remembered for the good she did, the saddness she had and her beauty that in her short life made her the "people's princess"...
Old 08-19-2006, 12:23 PM
Aristocracy

I agree that Diana would have married Hasnat Khan because I really belive thata she really did love him. She met his family and they all liked her and I think if Diana had found a way to get awaty from the cameras adn the public Hasnat may have married her since he ddn't enjoy all the media attention.
I think the biggest disease the world suffers from in this day and age is the disease of people feeling unloved. I know that I can give love for a minute, for half an hour, for a day, for a month, but I can give. I am very happy to do that, I want to do that.- Princess Diana
Old 07-22-2007, 09:30 PM
Nobility

This is really a tough question. It is really so sad for me to imagine what would she do if she were not dead. Personally speaking, I prefer her to be not so popular had she alive, instead, to live a normal, peaceful life in some place of America. To the end of her life, I got a feeling that she got really tired of the limelight; no matter it was for good causes or bad causes. I hope the media and the people(including me) could just simply leave her alone. Of course if had not that fatal accident, I would never think in this way. But her death leave people so many pains and regrets that I did hope I’ve never knew this woman.
Old 07-22-2007, 09:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

It is a very tough question what would Diana's life be like if she didn't die in that car crash? I try not to think of that because all the what ifs "what if she didn't die, what if she didn't get into the car" all these what ifs adds up to one big nothing. If she didn't die I would've hoped that she would've been more happy with her life.
Old 07-22-2007, 09:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

Location: Between the first and second floor of the Eiffel Tower, France
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhon11234 View Post
If she didn't die I would've hoped that she would've been more happy with her life.
I think we all wish for that sirhon11234 .

Please, help find a cure for ALS

Because it matters...
Old 07-22-2007, 10:17 PM
Royal Highness

I think that the media would have her in a good light, because I know that if she were still alive she would be helping all of her charities, and she would be reaching out to people with AIDS, or cancer, or something like that. She would like seeing how great her boys have grown up, we would probably have pictures of her with Kate and Chelsy, I suspect that if they got along she would spend time with them. She would be embarrassed by some of the things that her boys did, like any mother would, but she knew how it felt, she would mostly be embarrassed FOR them, and would help them sort it out. I would hope that she would have found happiness, whether she found a great man, or involved herself in more charities and good works, had more children, or just had those boys who she adored (this one I'm positive she would find happiness, she was an excellant mother). Hopefully she wouldn't be a broken person, but happy and healthy. We would probably see her at her boys' weddings, and playing with her grandkids, and just living life, like any normal person.
Old 07-22-2007, 10:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by acdc1 View Post
I think that the media would have her in a good light, because I know that if she were still alive she would be helping all of her charities, and she would be reaching out to people with AIDS, or cancer, or something like that. She would like seeing how great her boys have grown up, we would probably have pictures of her with Kate and Chelsy, I suspect that if they got along she would spend time with them. She would be embarrassed by some of the things that her boys did, like any mother would, but she knew how it felt, she would mostly be embarrassed FOR them, and would help them sort it out. I would hope that she would have found happiness, whether she found a great man, or involved herself in more charities and good works, had more children, or just had those boys who she adored (this one I'm positive she would find happiness, she was an excellant mother). Hopefully she wouldn't be a broken person, but happy and healthy. We would probably see her at her boys' weddings, and playing with her grandkids, and just living life, like any normal person.
Wonderful way of expressing how she could be today. I can already see her with her grandchildren, having dinner in front of TV or something like that lol.

Because it matters...
Old 07-22-2007, 10:31 PM
Nobility

If possible, I want to change the question a little. It is not easy to answer what if she didn't die. Why not ask ourselves, if now, 10 years after the fatal accident, after so many things had happened, she suddenly comes back(don't ask me why and how she comes back, I am not in charge of this part), what will you want for her future?
Old 07-22-2007, 10:43 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by anbrida View Post
If possible, I want to change the question a little. It is not easy to answer what if she didn't die. Why not ask ourselves, if now, 10 years after the fatal accident, after so many things had happened, she suddenly comes back(don't ask me why and how she comes back, I am not in charge of this part), what will you want for her future?
Well I would like her to clear things up about the Hewitt/Harry paternity stuff though that's not the most important. I think the wedding with Camilla would be a tough thing for her, in the end it would be okay IMO. It would be cool to see how Hewitt reacts to her come back since he said he still loved her. They were nice together although she said he betrayed her so ...

Because it matters...
Old 07-23-2007, 12:10 AM
Imperial Majesty

I wonder what she'd have thought of the Harry Potter books. She died just a few weeks after the first one was published.
Old 07-23-2007, 04:56 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovelydiana View Post
She met his family and they all liked her and I think if Diana had found a way to get awaty from the cameras adn the public Hasnat may have married her since he ddn't enjoy all the media attention.
I read that Khan's family did not approve of her and that, along with her publicity seeking, was why he broke up with her.
I think she would have moved to the US and sought out someone to keep her in the style she had become accustomed to.

It would depend on what she was doing that would influence the media. They were running many articles commenting on the constant holidays she was taking and what they saw as her bad behaviour on the morning of her death.
Old 07-23-2007, 05:14 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
I read that Khan's family did not approve of her and that, along with her publicity seeking, was why he broke up with her.
I think she would have moved to the US and sought out someone to keep her in the style she had become accustomed to.
My thoughts exactly. She somehow seemed never to have found her own place in the British society. A place where she felt comfortable and had the feeling she fitted in. The older she would have gotten, the more she'd have felt left out. Sarah Ferguson seems to be quite comfortable at the fringes of High Society but I don't think Diana would have liked to be such a "half"-Royal. It might not mean so much in the US where the society IMHO is more open to upstarts and social loosers but I'm sure she would have felt it in London, especially on growing older and loosing her great attractiveness. Especially as seeing William and Harry grow up and embarking on a life of their own would mean that their mother looses her place on centerstage.

No, I don't think Diana would have liked to age and be replaced in her son's life by their girlfriends and later wifes.
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 07-23-2007, 08:40 AM
Heir Presumptive

I don't think Diana would have lost her attractiveness there are lots of women in their 40s who look great for their age Diana would've been one of them IMHO.
Old 07-23-2007, 09:06 AM
Serene Highness

I think she was already starting to figure out how to "work" with Charles where the two boys were concerned. I think she would have matured, like most of us, and gotten on with her life. I would hope she would of married someone better then Dodi, not saying he was a bad person, I just don't think it was a good match. I KNOW she would of continued to support her boys and hopefully would of made peace with the royal family. She had been around them all her life and I would hope that there would be forgiveness on both side.
Old 07-23-2007, 02:41 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhon11234 View Post
I don't think Diana would have lost her attractiveness there are lots of women in their 40s who look great for their age Diana would've been one of them IMHO.
You only have to look at the parents, or older siblings to see what changes might occur. It is a natural thing, you summed it up yourself, "for their age".
Old 07-23-2007, 05:51 PM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
I'm not an expert on this... but I think that Diana would have felt very restricted if she had married into a Muslim family, and any marriage (with Hasnat Khan or Dodi) would have suffered as a result. What I'm talking about is... that sometimes even minor things we Westerners don't think about are frowned upon by some Muslims. (For example, the other day I saw a Muslim lady getting a dressing down by her brother because she was wearing a floor-length dress, with jacket, and he considered it scandalous because there was a slit on one side, all the way up to the knee. By American standards it was a very modest dress... but not to a Muslim African male.)

I'm not making this comment to be demeaning to our Muslim members... but Diana wasn't always willing to change herself to her environment.

Tags
diana princess of wales, princess diana