Charles Spencer, 9th Earl Spencer and Family 1: Ending Aug. 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Please make corrections where necessary. :)

Charles, ninth Earl Spencer married firstly Victoria Lockwood, on 16 September 1989, Great Brington, Northamptonshire.

Lady Kitty Eleanor Spencer*28 December 1990**Educated currently at Stowe School, set for A Level exams in 2008
Lady Katya AMELIA Spencer*10 July 1992**Educated currently at Stowe, set to take A Level exams in 2011
Lady Eliza Spencer*10 July 1992**Educated currently at Stowe, set to take A Level exams in 2011
Hon. Louis Frederick John Spencer, Viscount Althorp*14 March 1994
**These children have a half-brother called Samuel Aitken, son of their mother and her second husband. Victoria and Jonathan Aitken and their son, Samuel, live in South Africa near Cape Town. The Earl Spencer also maintains a home there and where he spends a good part of his time.

The ninth Earl Spencer married secondly Caroline Hutton Freud on 15 December 2001 and divorced on 23 March 2007.
Hon. Edmund Charles Spencer*6 October 2003
Lady Lara Spencer*16 March 2006
**These children have two half-siblings from their mother’s previous marriage to Matthew Freud. Caroline, Countess Spencer lives in London.

SOURCES
*Wikipedia the Free Encyclopedia: Charles, 9th Earl Spencer
*The Worldroots website
*The Peerage website
*Facebook

Last edited:
**These children have a half-brother called Simon Aitken, son of their mother and her second husband.

One small correction...their son is called Samuel.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks CasiraghiTrio for the info on the Spencer children. After seeing the Spencer girls at the Concert for Diana and the Memorial service, I am trying to get more pictures and information on them. They are indeed very beautiful.

I often wonder if he and Diana are truly related, because she was never cruel but he is, Earl Spencer is a bastard.

he appears to be a lot like his grandfather spencer.

Earl Spencer's grand education did not prepare him adequately for life in the 21st century, imo. His sense of entitlement reeks of something ancient and very self serving in the days when the master of the estate had power to exact a lot of work for little pay. He would do well going to a university for the next four years and learning a trade to pay for his inheritance. His tenure as "Diana's brother" will only get him so far because his reputation for a being and unkind and not so decent man to his wives speaks volumes for his character.

The Spencer children (that is, first wife Victoria's pack)
Sources: Getty and Rex

Caroline Hutton Freud Spencer with her baby girl, Lady Lara, out and about in London, January 2007
Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3
Source: Rex

I agree that Charles Spencer is a man of questionable character. His behavior as it has been revealed to the public gives cause to question the goodness of his character. That said, I do believe there is hope for him. I am not sure about Lady Sarah, but I believe that Diana was and Lady Jane is a very good person. Lady Sarah probably is a good person too, despite some of the media's attempts to drag her name through the mud in regards to the Diana Fund. I believe in the power of family to make a difference in anyone's life. One day Charles Spencer, I think, might realize how blessed he is to have had such a good sisters and children. With an extra bit of miracle, he might even come to appreciate his children's mothers, but in his case, we must hope for baby steps first. :)

Caroline, Countess Spencer

Caroline Victoria Hutton
Grew up in Sussex
Her dad, Rupert Hutton, commuted to Lloyds of London
Two brothers, three stepbrothers
Mother was born Patricia Bryant; Hutton was mother's first marriage; she subsequently married Malcolm Barr (7)
Schooled at Roedean boarding school for girls (Roedean School) which she says was miserable "four very long and terrible years" starting at age eight after her parents' separation
(1)

She met future husband Earl Spencer during their studies at Oxford. Spencer was moving out of the same Oxford house when she and her friends moved into it.(1) After Oxford, she went to work in PR with Matthew Freud, whom she married firstly.(1)
She had two sons with Freud. They separated in 1999 and he went onto marry Elisabeth Murdoch.(1)

Caroline's children with Freud:
* George Rupert Freud - born 3 October 1995
* Jonah Henry Freud - born 1 April 1997

She moved into the same house with the blue door which was used in the film Notting Hill, and was former home to Richard Curtis, husband of Matthew Freud's sister Emma. She was living there when her romance with Spencer began. They "came out" publicly as a couple at the Notting Hill premiere.(1,3)
They married on 15 December 2001 (modest wedding at Althorp with 90 guests) and divorced on 23 March 2007. The alleged causes for their estrangement involve his playboy reputation; there was an embarrassing scandal when his best buddy, jewels thief Darius Guppy, beat up Spencer after accusing Spencer of making a pass at his wife.(3)

Caroline's children with Lord Spencer:
* Hon. Edmund Charles Spencer*6 October 2003 (called "Ned")
* Lady Lara Spencer*16 March 2006

Pictures
Pic 1 (5)
Pic 2 (3)
Pic 3 (4)
Pic 4 (6)

SOURCES
1) Adams, Tim: "The lit-girl," The Observer, 4 June 2006
2) Knight, Kathryn: "What would Diana think?" The Herald Sun (Australia), 5 November 2006
3) Tapper, James: "Wife Spencer dumped...." The Daily Mail, 3 March 2007
4) "Earl Spencer splits from second wife," The Daily Mail, 3 September 2006
5) http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/article-23390086-details/Earl%20Spencer%20divorced%20on%20grounds%20of%20'unreasonable%20behaviour'/article.do
6) Why are intelligent women such fools in love? | the Daily Mail
7) Worldroots.com

Last edited:
there was a comment here before regarding about where the SPENCER twin girls go to school...anywayz...a reliable source told me that the twins are not attending STOWE like KITTY SPENCER does but remains at school in SOUTH AFRICA...so...again only KITTY SPENCER attends STOWE at this moment.

Charles, ninth Earl Spencer married firstly Victoria Lockwood, on 16 September 1989, Great Brington, Northamptonshire. -->See Pictures

Lady Kitty Eleanor Spencer*28 December 1990**Educated currently at Stowe School
Lady Amelia Katya Spencer*10 July 1992**Educated currently in South Africa
Lady Eliza Spencer*10 July 1992**Educated currently in South Africa

Hon. Louis Frederick John Spencer, Viscount Althorp*14 March 1994
(Smgaries, do you know if he is at Stowe or perhaps Eton like his forefathers?)

**These children have a half-brother called Samuel Aitken, son of their mother and her second husband. Victoria and Jonathan Aitken and their son, Samuel, live in South Africa near Cape Town. --> See Pictures
The Earl Spencer also maintains a home there and where he spends a good part of his time.

The ninth Earl Spencer married secondly Caroline Hutton Freud on 15 December 2001 and divorced on 23 March 2007.
Hon. Edmund Charles Spencer*6 October 2003
Lady Lara Spencer*16 March 2006
**These children have two half-siblings from their mother’s previous marriage to Matthew Freud. Caroline, Countess Spencer lives in London.

SOURCES
*Wikipedia the Free Encyclopedia: Charles, 9th Earl Spencer
*The Worldroots website
*The Peerage website
*Facebook

I was going to ask you if it was Reddam House because they have so many friends there, but their friends are also at other schools in the area, so I didn't know. Thanks for the info.

its the REDDAM HOUSE im for sure of that==location CAPE TOWN, CONSTANTIA
i have this feeling LOUIS is also enrolled there since its a co-ed school

Reddam House caters for:
Pre-primary (ages 3 - 6), Preparatory (Grades 1 - 7) and College (Grades 8 - 12) students

I wonder why Kitty has gone to Stowe instead. Maybe she prefers England or she has friends there. It's nice that their parents let them go to the school of their choice. Victoria maybe doesn't like that Kitty goes to school and lives so far away, but she lets Kitty do what makes her happiest.

I wonder why Kitty has gone to Stowe instead. Maybe she prefers England or she has friends there. It's nice that their parents let them go to the school of their choice. Victoria maybe doesn't like that Kitty goes to school and lives so far away, but she lets Kitty do what makes her happiest.

it has to do with her boyfriend thats why. the boyfriend's family also lives in SOUTH AFRICA but for college/university he goes somewhere in LONDON. his two yrs older than her if im not mistaken and JEWISH

Last edited:
Pretty young woman with seemingly, a good brain.

Don't ya love the Daily Mail's research.

Diana's neice is quite beautiful, but all of the Earl Spencer children were from what I recall.

Kitty is beautiful, indeed,but honestly .... The first bit of the article raises a doubt for me, when the author says Kitty has a more than passable resemblance to Diana.... of all of Diana's nieces and nephews, in my opinion the one who looks most like Diana is that Celia McCorquodale. Anyway, I bet the "neice of Princess Michael..." regarding Lady Ella was just a typo. The Daily Mail even could not get that wrong, as they have featured Gabriella plenty of times in articles, and even Gabriella has written one or two articles for them. :D I'm sure it was just a typo.... but naturally, they need better proofreaders! ;)

Pics 14.11.2007

Charles Spencer attends a private dinner hosted by Evgeny
Lebedev to launch his new restaurant Sake No Hana, Nov.14,
2007 in London, England. Benett/Getty Images

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Interesting. Diana's brother at the same party as Camilla's son...

I think they spend most of their time away from Stowe in South Africa, yes. I think both of their parents live in the Cape Town area, don't they, at least for a good part of the year?

Um...Actually...Amelia, Eliza and Louise go to Reddam house in South Africa while Kitty goes to Stowe

Um...Actually...Amelia, Eliza and Louise go to Reddam house in South Africa while Kitty goes to Stowe

why do you think she goes to stowe? i think that she is still in southafrica with ther mum and her husband

why do you think she goes to stowe? i think that she is still in southafrica with ther mum and her husband

I read somewhere that Kitty has grown up and spent her entire schooling with her mum in SA, and she now wants to live in england with her dad for a while which is why I think that she goes to Stow...then again, this is just an assumption

Current Article With Victory Spencer Aitken With Lady Kitt Pics Included

Victoria Spencer: From anorexic junkie to yummy mummy | the Daily Mail

DID YOU KNOW THIS FACT...I DIDNT...===The week also saw me attend the launch of hot British denim label Pepe Jeans by Jonathan Aitken, hubby to Victoria (previously Spencer). Sadly, Victoria couldn’t make it as she was at home looking after their brood of five. The night also saw me gatecrash a Mini Cooper do, where — here’s a first for guest pampering — I got a haircut as part of their interactive event.

Last edited:
Wow, Kitty looks a lot like her Aunt Diana especially in the eyes.

Lady Kitty Eleanor Spencer*28 December 1990**Educated currently at Stowe School

Kitty goes to Reddam House with her sisters and brother. They're all educated in South Africa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom