Charles Spencer, 9th Earl Spencer and Family 1: Ending Aug. 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:lol: I read somewhere that his friends talked him out of marriage last time by pointing out how costly a split would be! Plus, he's already got six children to provide for.

O well, he's able to afford it, I guess.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a situation where you would not purchase a gift before the wedding, but on the way to the ceremony. :D

Muriel...you made me laugh out loud! Wow! I love it.

Seriously, I don't get this guy. He must be wonderful to date and not so wonderful to be engaged/married to. Cause he seems to get some pretty nice looking women.

Delighted to hear I have my uses!!!:ROFLMAO:

Is this guy completely pointless?

:lol: I read somewhere that his friends talked him out of marriage last time by pointing out how costly a split would be! Plus, he's already got six children to provide for.

O well, he's able to afford it, I guess.

.... which begs the question, will he be the Earl Spencer that causes Althrop to be sold, as he has squandered all the other family wealth on expensive and pointless divorce settlements?

Last edited by a moderator:
Muriel...you made me laugh out loud! Wow! I love it.

Seriously, I don't get this guy. He must be wonderful to date and not so wonderful to be engaged/married to. Cause he seems to get some pretty nice looking women.

Ms. Gordon is quite beautiful. It's gotta be his title...and obviously, she doesn't read the newspapers.

For the record its two divorces and at least what 2 engagements, with lots of girlfriends thrown in.

In regards to Althrop...I would guess that Earl Spencer has a great martial lawyer who has become versed in the art of the prenup. He got caught out there twice before, I don't think he would do it again. At least I hope not.

For the record its two divorces and at least what 2 engagements, with lots of girlfriends thrown in.

In regards to Althrop...I would guess that Earl Spencer has a great martial lawyer who has become versed in the art of the prenup. He got caught out there twice before, I don't think he would do it again. At least I hope not.

Anyone else besides me notice that this new fiancee just happens to be a philanthropist? Are we seeing dollar signs in Charlie's eyes this time? I sure do hope she has a good pre-nup lawyer. :D

I expect that marrying the Earl Spencer does result in some martial goings-on.;)

In regards to Althrop...I would guess that Earl Spencer has a great martial lawyer who has become versed in the art of the prenup.

Karen Gordon seems to be a very nice person,I hope he'll stop here and will be happy.Does anyone know how old is she?

Karen Gordon seems to be a very nice person,I hope he'll stop here and will be happy.Does anyone know how old is she?

The article indicated she was 38 years old.

A Canadian philanthropist who has dedicated her life to improving the daily struggles of orphans abroad is set to marry the brother of the late Princess Diana.
. . . The mother of two daughters started the organization in 2003 following her divorce from Hollywood producer Mark Gordon, who has the movie Saving Private Ryan and TV's Grey's Anatomy among his credits. Princess Diana's brother to marry Alberta-born Karen Gordon

"Charles, the ninth Earl Spencer, is delighted to announce his engagement to Karen Gordon, a Canadian philanthropist who is the Founder and CEO of Whole Child International," said the official statement. Charles Spencer, Princess Diana's Brother, to Wed : People.com

Anyone else besides me notice that this new fiancee just happens to be a philanthropist? Are we seeing dollar signs in Charlie's eyes this time? I sure do hope she has a good pre-nup lawyer. :D

I can't think she has all that much cash, though.
Wasn't she previously married to a Hollywood producer? So she may have gotten a large divorce settlement, but probably not enough to run Althorp, which must cost a fortune to run.

But it may not come to that; there's several months until the wedding! Who knows, he may fall in love with someone else by then! ;)

My goodness the man moves fast. I hope this lady knows what she's in for.

I just do not get it. With his track record, why would any woman
want him. Is it money, the title. He is not handsome, this woman
is pretty and bright, why?

A rather snarky article that touches on a bit of what we have said.

-------------------------------

This June, when the sweet peas are in frilly bloom at Althorp, Earl Spencer will marry for the third time at his grand Northamptonshire seat.
As the guests gather for the ceremony, to be held near the lake where his sister Diana is buried on a small island, perhaps they will hark anew at the wonder of aristocratic love once more triumphing over common experience.

Read more: Spencer's the ermine-clad proof some men are born cads | Mail Online

Maybe what he likes is that rush of excitement when you first fall in love, but he's not suited to the daily life of marriage?

Maybe its a bit of both.

The chase, the excitement of new love.

As the Earl has his heir (and a spare), I don't know why he continues to get engaged/married. What it sounds like he needs (because I don't know him) is a nice companion --- well off, attractive, intelligent and somewhat independent. Oh...and it might be best if they don't live together. A commuter marriage of sorts.

I can't believe Earl Spencer wants to put these monstrosities in this dreamy countryside. It really is so beautiful there! I didn't think it is all that windy there anyway to warrant these huge, ugly wind turbines all over the landscape. I pray the local councils can prevent it and vote against it.
It would be like imagining a beautiful Constable landscape painting with wind turbines in it - horrible!

Last edited:
People complain about things like killing birds, but the demand for energy is always increasing! And we are running out of fuels. If we don't find alternate sources like solar and wind energy, then what happens?

I actually think windmills look rather nice.

If you design them to blend into the environment. But they are usually big and white.:sad:

Absolutely true about the big and white. They cannot be designed to blend. They have to sit unimpeded from all sides and that's all you see. And, they do not generate much energy and the energy that is produced is very expensive. I'm not saying it will never work, but it won't be in my lifetime.

So, will Earl Spencer bring Karen Gordon to the wedding? It would be so strange if he doesn't, since she is his fiancee.

Btw- How old are her two children?

What rumor? The fact she is his fiancee and they'll marry in June has been announced in different newspapers.

Since he's William's uncle, he'll be at the wedding, so it's naturally expected that he'll bring his fiancee.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom