The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-08-2016, 03:55 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn View Post
I would be absolutely delighted to see that outfit turn up in an exhibition, but I suspect that when Diana moved out of her home when the engagement announcement was made, and made the transition from Sloane Ranger to fiancée of the Prince of Wales, none of her old clothing would have made the move with her. I doubt anyone in the BRF or their retainers would have thought it worth preserving for posterity, and I can't imagine her own family rushing to save it.
Agreed, she was probably happy to be rid of them, starting a new life and all. They were probably binned or given to the salvation army. Shame though, that one and her blue sweater and grey skirt are some of my fav outfits and pics of her. Most people went gaga over the clothes and jewels but her sloane ranger look was all I ever needed.

Old 05-21-2016, 03:26 AM
Majesty

Earl Spencer to discuss the 'Art of Queenship' writes EPHRAIM HARDCASTLE | Daily Mail Online

Old 05-26-2016, 04:15 PM
Majesty

Guests can stay at Princess Diana's childhood home for £27,000
Old 05-26-2016, 04:40 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I have to admit that at first, my reaction was "A fool and his money are soon parted". I always wondered how come fools got the money in the first place.

Then I read the article. It is all being done in support of a charity that Countess Spencer supports. Whole Child which aims to take care of children in orphanages around the world. Just from the pictures in the article, Althorp looks like a beautiful estate and I wouldn't mind spending a weekend there myself.

"Champagne Charlie" seems to have put on quite a bit of weight lately and really does resemble his late father, Johnny Spencer.
Old 05-26-2016, 05:39 PM
Heir Apparent

I like the line about the house not being a bastion or fortress of privilege- why then does it cost £27,000 for a couple to spend a weekend. Even if some of the money goes to charity, it seems excessive.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 05-26-2016, 11:09 PM
Imperial Majesty

Inside Look at Althorp:
NBC On Assignment Airs Sunday, May 27th at 7/6c-
On Assignment: Heir B&B - NBC News

Princess Diana's childhood home Althorp opens to overnight guests | Daily Mail Online

A.W. TOZER
Old 06-01-2016, 07:56 AM
Majesty

Lady Kitty Spencer attends Dior cruise collection after party * | Daily Mail Online
Old 06-11-2016, 09:46 AM
Heir Apparent

She is not a look-alike to Diana...her eyes are really the only similar (and not exact) feature.

LaRae
Old 06-18-2016, 11:18 PM
Imperial Majesty

Father's Day portrait that I made to 'Di's dad' 25 years ago: Earl Spencer on the loving tribute and 'proper' present that he was never able to give his dying parent* | Daily Mail Online

A.W. TOZER
Old 06-19-2016, 12:03 AM
Heir Apparent

That paper continues to frustrate me the title makes you think that Charles was referring to his own father simply as 'Di's dad'. like that was all the man was to his son. Instead you read the article, and you find that it was John bemoaning at times he had been reduced to simply 'Di's dad' and lost his own identity. In the article Charles does a wonderful job of portraying his father as he remembers him, and shares some lovely stories. I wonder if either Harry or William have seen the painting.

Did the boys have much a relationship with their grandfather before he died? The attention is always on the royal grandparents and rarely on the other side. Well until recent years.
Old 06-19-2016, 12:07 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
What a beautiful and loving tribute to Johnnie Spencer by his son. Although I've read quite a bit over the years about the Spencer family, this article really paints a very vivid picture of what Johnnie, 8th Earl Spencer was like and remembered as the gentleman he was.

Thanks for the link Dman.
Old 06-19-2016, 01:04 AM
Heir Presumptive

What a beautiful thing to do. I hope William and Harry take the time to go and see it

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 06-29-2016, 05:04 PM
Majesty

Inside Princess Diana's Childhood Home with Countess Spencer : People.com
Old 07-04-2016, 01:34 AM
Majesty

Lady Kitty Spencer, 25, is belle of the ball at Kensington Palace party with boyfriend Niccolò, 45
Old 07-04-2016, 10:34 AM
Administrator

Earl Spencer attended a Diana Award photocall at Barclays in London today, July 4. The Diana Award was set up as a lasting legacy to Princess Diana's belief that young people have the power the change the world for the better.

** gettyimages gallery **
Old 07-04-2016, 11:28 AM
Serene Highness

Is it just me, or does this guy come off as a fruitcake? How many times has he been married?
Old 07-04-2016, 11:58 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchessmary View Post
Is it just me, or does this guy come off as a fruitcake? How many times has he been married?
During his days at Eaton, Charles Spencer (then Viscount Althorp) was best friends with (now) leading Brexiteer, Boris Johnson. I suppose that reinforces the assumption he is indeed a "fruitcake".
Old 07-04-2016, 01:01 PM
Heir Apparent

He has been married three times and has seven children in total.

Tags
althorp, diana, diana princess of wales, diana's family, diana: a celebration, earl spencer, museum, princess diana