The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Diana, Princess of Wales (1961-1997)

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-16-2016, 11:07 AM
Courtier

Lady Kitty has a new lover ( at least according to italian gossip magazine "Oggi").
Kitty Spencer, la nipotina di Lady Diana, ha un amore italiano: Niccolò Barattieri di San Pietro, di 20 anni più vecchio | People

Old 02-16-2016, 06:54 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by zarat View Post
I looked - this rumor has legs back to mid last year. He's 45 and in finance.

Old 02-20-2016, 11:33 AM
Heir Apparent

Princess Diana's niece Lady Kitty Spencer attends Charlotte Simone's London Fashion Week presentation* | Daily Mail Online
Old 02-20-2016, 03:38 PM
Majesty

I wonder whether Lady Kitty ever gets tired as just being known as "Princess Diana's niece"?
Old 02-21-2016, 05:59 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:

I think we can say this is not a rumour. Kitty has shared several pictures of them together on her Instagram account. In one she shares a post 'with her love' from 2 years ago:

https://instagram.com/p/BBW9GLDA5-L/
Old 02-21-2016, 06:13 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by crm2317 View Post
I think we can say this is not a rumour. Kitty has shared several pictures of them together on her Instagram account. In one she shares a post 'with her love' from 2 years ago:

https://instagram.com/p/BBW9GLDA5-L/
It looks like she reused her gown from 2013 when she was pictured with then boyfriend Nick Compton.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/...3110307891.jpg

Men come and go, but a favorite dress is for a lifetime.
Old 02-21-2016, 06:49 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
It would be a great match in terms of aristocracy. Lady Kitty of the Earls Spencer with Don Niccolò Barratieri dei conti di San Pietro.

The Barattieri family acquired the noble title of Count with the fief of San Pietro in Cerro on 9 November 1466 by Letters Patent of Donna Bianca Maria Sforza née Visconti, the Dowager Francesco Sforza, Duke of Milan.

In 1993 the family placed their medieaeval ancestral seat, Castello di San Pietro (picture) in a special foundation to preserve it for the future. The family still uses it for special events but it is not in use as a daily residence. Here an interior shot: picture.
Old 02-22-2016, 09:09 AM
Heir Apparent

Lady Kitty Spencer signs up to be ambassador for Centrepoint
Old 02-22-2016, 09:39 AM
Courtier

Working together with her cousins? That is nice.
Old 02-23-2016, 12:42 AM
Majesty

I agree. She seems to do a lot of work for charity.
Old 02-23-2016, 02:03 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I think it is pretty nice too. As Centrepointe was a passion of Diana's. its heartwarming to see that the work there is a focus not only for her son, but also for her niece.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 02-23-2016, 04:56 AM
Courtier

I wonder if we could have a slew of Spencer weddings in the near future. Lady Amelia has been with her boyfriend for 7 years, Lady Eliza with hers for 4 years. And now Kitty has reunited with Niccolo.

If/When they do marry, I wonder which country they’ll choose, England or SA. If Kitty stays with her current beau, Italy is a strong option.

Of course, the next question is will William or Harry choose to attend? William skipped Alexander Fellowes wedding, and Harry skipped Laura Fellowes wedding. I would assume with the Spencer girls being younger, and growing up in a different continent, that W & H would be less close to them than the Fellowes kids.
Old 02-24-2016, 02:23 AM
Heir Apparent

Princess Diana's niece Lady Kitty Spencer follows in her fashionable aunt's footsteps | Daily Mail Online
Old 02-25-2016, 04:53 PM
Majesty

Wherever the girls marry, I hope we get to see the Spencer tiara again. It's a beautiful piece.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
I wonder if we could have a slew of Spencer weddings in the near future. Lady Amelia has been with her boyfriend for 7 years, Lady Eliza with hers for 4 years. And now Kitty has reunited with Niccolo.
Old 03-21-2016, 12:59 PM
Heir Apparent

Lady Kitty Spencer attends Viscountess Weymouth's 30th birthday party
Old 04-19-2016, 02:14 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Princess Diana's nieces and their hedonistic lives show aristocracy has changed | Daily Mail Online
Old 04-19-2016, 05:31 PM
Majesty

I'm not sure that there's more hedonism, but I am sure that it makes more headlines and there are more devices around to record it.
Old 04-29-2016, 02:52 AM
Gentry

I dont know if this ever was in the museum or exhibit, and the auctions dealt mostly with the posh dresses, but what ever happened to the purple ensemble( in my avatar) she wore working at young england , with the infamous sun behind her pics?

While maybe not worthy of Christie's, it was an iconic outfit and pics, many of my favorite ones are in that set. She looked so adorable and innocent in it, I hope it was preserved for posterity.
Old 04-29-2016, 03:14 AM
Heir Apparent

I would be absolutely delighted to see that outfit turn up in an exhibition, but I suspect that when Diana moved out of her home when the engagement announcement was made, and made the transition from Sloane Ranger to fiancée of the Prince of Wales, none of her old clothing would have made the move with her. I doubt anyone in the BRF or their retainers would have thought it worth preserving for posterity, and I can't imagine her own family rushing to save it.
Old 04-29-2016, 02:41 PM
Majesty

I'd think that she'd probably have moved some of her clothes with her after she got engaged, because she didn't have her whole new wardrobe put together right away. Probably her regular working clothes gradually got given away and/or thrown out, depending on their condition.

Tags
althorp, diana, diana princess of wales, diana's family, diana: a celebration, earl spencer, museum, princess diana