The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Diana, Princess of Wales (1961-1997)

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-18-2015, 12:31 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
I'm struck by how much her mannerisms are like Diana's in her way of smiling and her eye movements. There doesn't seem to be a hint of South Africa in her accent, which I find surprising.
People used to think Diana made those kind of movements to get the media's attention, but that's just the Spencer traits.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 11-19-2015, 02:29 PM
Majesty

There are some mannerisms that aristocratic young women seem to have in general. They're almost like a physical form of the accent.

Old 11-23-2015, 12:36 AM
Courtier

Lady Kitty Spencer has been snapped at Sydney's Bondi Beach - "Daily Mail Australia" has all the details and photos.

Beware if you're concerned with privacy - Kitty is with a friend she has made here in Oz, and dressed for swimming.

Maybe it was Friday - Sydney was almost 42degrees, even though it's still Spring here.

(Can't post links from my tablet.)
Old 11-23-2015, 03:21 PM
Courtier

Another day, another bikini.

Lady Kitty has had a second day swimming at Bondi Beach - and again "Daily Mail Australia" has photos.
Old 11-28-2015, 04:14 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Lady Kitty Spencer is striving to become famous in her own right | Daily Mail Online
Old 12-01-2015, 09:53 PM
Royal Highness

General question

If John Spencer had died in 1978 of his brain aneurysm who would have administered Althorp and until Charles Spencer reached what age?

In 1978, Charles Spencer was 14.
Hopefully he would not have been given complete control of Althorp at just 14 or would he?

Would Raine have administered the estate?
The Spencer children did not like Raine and considering how they treated her when John died in 1992 would she have been allowed to stay at Althorp after 1978?

Would Frances?
Frances was divorced from John and remarried but she was the mother of Charles Spencer would she had been allowed to move back into Althorp and take control of the estate?

Sarah Spencer?
Sarah was 23 in 1978 would she have been allowed or did she need to be older or male?

Anne Spencer Wake-Walker?
She was John's sister. Would it have fallen on her or did they need a male from the Spencer line?

I understand that a will might have been in place but if there was no will what would have happened?

Thanks

(Mods, If not in right place please move.)
Old 12-01-2015, 10:34 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
You raise some very interesting questions and although I have no clue what would have happened, I would be very interested in knowing the answers.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 12-01-2015, 11:10 PM
Heir Apparent

Why did the Spencer children dislike Raine so intensely?
Old 12-01-2015, 11:19 PM
Imperial Majesty

The children were raised in a broken home and had problems accepting their stepmother back in the day.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 12-02-2015, 01:41 AM
Administrator

I think there were a couple of reasons why the children disliked Raine [just my opinion and no particular order]

they resented a new woman in their father's life, she wasn't their mother and she convinced her husband to sell heirlooms [paintings, furniture, etc] to help ease the financial burden of Althrop.

---------

if the late Earl had passed prior to Charles coming of age, I would imagine he would have had picked a responsible person as executor to manage the estate until Charles had come of age. It definitely would not have been Frances, I don't think they had friendly relations even for the sake of the children after the divorce. I don't think he would have picked Sarah either. ...maybe Jane and someone else [another peer, lawyer, banker, etc.].

Old 12-02-2015, 08:15 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

I agree with you, Zonk. There must have been a will that settled the management of the estate in case that the Earl died while Charles was under age. Maybe even more than one person were named for the task, to make sure that no single person could make fatal decisions that were not in the best interest of the heir. But we will never know who these persons would have been, because of the privacy with which such a will would have been handled.

Old 12-29-2015, 07:00 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Princess Diana's niece and the daughter of Earl Spencer in South Africa | Daily Mail Online
Old 01-08-2016, 11:38 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Princess Diana's niece Kitty Spencer sparks romance rumours with James Tobin | Daily Mail Online
Old 01-25-2016, 03:03 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Princess Diana's niece Kitty Spencer attends Dior show at Paris fashion week | Daily Mail Online
Old 01-25-2016, 04:28 PM
Courtier

I hope Kitty Spencer is enjoying the celebrity spotlight,if not, I feel really bad that she's getting hounded by the UK tabloids.
Old 02-03-2016, 08:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

If Kitty Spencer has a successful fashion career, will the tabloids scrutinize her to the point where they would compare her fashion sense to that of her Aunt Diana's?
Old 02-04-2016, 02:07 AM
Heir Apparent

Kitty Spencer Posts Instagram With Her Boyfriend During Night Out in London : People.com
Old 02-12-2016, 11:13 AM
Heir Apparent

Princess Diana's niece Lady Kitty Spencer parties at London's Annabel's* | Daily Mail Online
Old 02-12-2016, 04:25 PM
Majesty

I know that the press likes to emphasize Lady Kitty's resemblance to her famous aunt, but I think that she looks much more like a larger, healthier version of her mother.
Old 02-12-2016, 06:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Yeah Mermaid I don't see any resemblance to Diana except the eye color. Never have.

LaRae

Tags
althorp, diana, diana princess of wales, diana's family, diana: a celebration, earl spencer, museum, princess diana