The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Diana, Princess of Wales (1961-1997)

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-16-2015, 09:20 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Lady Kitty Spencer is the eldest daughter of Diana's younger brother Charles Spencer, a British print journalist, and broadcaster.

The youngster's parents - Earl Spencer and his first wife Victoria Lockwood - tried their hardest to keep Kitty out of the spotlight as she grew up.

Victoria - now Aitken - took her young family to South Africa back in 1995 to avoid the media attention.

But it would seem Kitty is ready for the spotlight and is loving life as a socialite in London for the time being.
More: Lady Kitty Spencer's extravagant London lifestyle on social media | Life | Life & Style | Daily Express

Old 07-19-2015, 01:43 AM
Imperial Majesty

Royals heal their 18-year rift with Princess Diana's brother Earl Spencer-
Royals heal their 18-year rift with Princess Diana's brother Earl Spencer | Daily Mail Online

Earl Spencer let be known a while back that the Spencer's and the royal family don't have a rift between them, and all the drama of the past was very much overplayed in the media.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 07-19-2015, 08:46 AM
Heir Apparent

I thought it was already clear that both families were on cordial terms... Why did he feel the need to speak up now?
Old 07-19-2015, 09:14 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
I thought it was already clear that both families were on cordial terms... Why did he feel the need to speak up now?
If you read the article carefully, you will notice that there isn't a direct quote from Earl Spencer himself or any royal for that matter. Only thing we get is "a palace insider" and I've come to believe long ago that those words are synonymous with "we're making this up" that we get a lot from the Daily Fail.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 07-19-2015, 09:27 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
If you read the article carefully, you will notice that there isn't a direct quote from Earl Spencer himself or any royal for that matter. Only thing we get is "a palace insider" and I've come to believe long ago that those words are synonymous with "we're making this up" that we get a lot from the Daily Fail.

I agree with you! The Daily Fail not only makes most of its stories up but it makes old stories up, which is even worse
Old 07-19-2015, 10:25 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Royals heal their 18-year rift with Princess Diana's brother Earl Spencer-
Royals heal their 18-year rift with Princess Diana's brother Earl Spencer | Daily Mail Online

Earl Spencer let be known a while back that the Spencer's and the royal family don't have a rift between them, and all the drama of the past was very much overplayed in the media.

Somehow I doubt it; he rarely seems included in any events. Sure, he was a guest at William's wedding, but it would have been a big deal with the press if he'd been excluded.

I think it's telling that neither William nor Harry attended Spencer's wedding to Karen Gordon, even though both were in the country at the time.
Old 07-19-2015, 05:17 PM
Majesty

It would be nice were Earl Spencer to live long enough to see William crowned. It's within the realm of possibility. It would be great to see him there putting on his coronet.
Old 08-03-2015, 01:42 PM
Heir Apparent

Last photo of the Earl's firstborn - Lady Kitty Spencer:

Lady Kitty Spencer - Noblesse & Royautés
Old 09-28-2015, 11:01 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
It's safe to say that this shimmering ruffled dress is probably Lady Kitty Spencer's favourite.

The blonde niece of Princess Diana looked sensational last night at Milan's AmfAR gala at La Permanente, wearing the blush pink number by South African designer Jenni Button.

However Kitty, 24 - who boasts a lineage dating from pre-Tudor times and a family fortune of more than £100million - wore the same dress for the first time in April when she attended the Downton Abbey Ball and then again at the Hunt ball in June.
Read more: Princess Diana's niece Kitty Spencer gives favourite blush gown its THIRD outing | Daily Mail Online
Old 09-28-2015, 11:49 AM
Heir Apparent

She doesn't remind me much of the Spencers...must look like her mother's family.

LaRae
Old 10-08-2015, 12:49 AM
Imperial Majesty

Earl Spencer has announced that a Hollywood movie based on his book 'Killers of The King' on Charles 1st will be made.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 10-08-2015, 01:14 AM
Heir Presumptive

In this interview the Earl comes across as very pleasant and articulate.
Old 10-08-2015, 01:40 AM
Imperial Majesty

William reminds me a lot of his uncle.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 10-08-2015, 08:21 AM
Royal Highness

I have always liked Charles not so fond of his habit of collecting wives but apart from that he had always appeared to be a very nice man.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 10-09-2015, 10:47 AM
Commoner

Last night there was a dinner in honor of Ralph Lauren's charity, Pink Pony, at Althorp House. Lady Kitty Spencer was there along with the Earl and Countess Spencer.
Ralph Lauren Hosts Charity Dinner at Princess Diana’s Family Home | WWD

Pictures from Lady Kitty's instagram:
Kitty with actor Allen Leech:
https://instagram.com/p/8mLdC5g51Z

Kitty with Allen Leech and Michael Fox of Downton Abbey on her right (our left) and other guests that I don't recognize:
https://instagram.com/p/8m9Ezqg55
Old 10-11-2015, 05:45 AM
Courtier

Lady Kitty Spencer and her golden life ( at least according to oggi.it).
Kitty Spencer: sbircia le foto private della nipote di Lady Diana | People
Old 10-29-2015, 10:11 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Princess Diana’s niece Lady Kitty Spencer made headlines Monday when she said that she is happy for the family’s famous Althorp estate in Northamptonshire to be left to her younger brother Viscount Louis. Kitty is the eldest child of Diana’s brother Earl Spencer.

In an interview in the December issue of Tatler magazine, of which she is a cover girl, she said she believes that primogeniture (the right by law or custom of the first-born male child to inherit the family estate) is the “correct way.”
Read more: Princess Diana’s Niece Lady Kitty Spencer Opens Up About Inheritance Of Family Estate [Video]
Old 11-02-2015, 07:37 PM
Courtier

I'm looking forward to seeing Diana, Princess of Wales' niece, Lady Kitty Spencer, interviewed on national TV here in Australia today.

(Channel Seven is broadcasting the Melbourne Cup from 10.00am through to late afternoon. Lady Kitty is one of the guests for the event and Joanna Griggs has just said she will be speaking with her on live television any interested Oz posters.)

She's also been mentioned in the newspapers today and yesterday.

She's was quoted as saying she and her siblings have been told about alcohol and heroin addiction from their mother, and have learnt to steer clear.

The Melbourne Cup is a big deal across Australia, not just in Melbourne - though they are the only state to get a public holiday for it.

The newspapers have also been looking back at past Cup attendees, and we've had photos and write ups of Diana, and CP Mary and CP Frederik, and descriptions of the clothes those ladies wore.

(CP Mary was still Mary Donaldson at the time of her race day, but the paper mentioned her and Frederik's other activities around that visit - Mary being her friend's bridesmaid, their visit to the Kimberly region, travelling under the name Jensen etc.)
Old 11-02-2015, 08:17 PM
Majesty

Lady Kitty is beautiful, a golden girl in every sense of the term!
Old 11-02-2015, 11:55 PM
Courtier

"Daily Mail/Mail Online" has photos of Lady Kitty Spencer at today's Melbourne Cup.

And they're quick off the mark as the race day is still going.

The report also has photos of her aunt, Diana, Princess of Wales, from her day there.

(Different people, but also very different fashion eras.)

Yes Moonmaiden23, Kitty and her sisters were the most glamorous guests at their cousin William's wedding - truly stunning.

Tags
althorp, diana, diana princess of wales, diana's family, diana: a celebration, earl spencer, museum, princess diana