The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Diana, Princess of Wales (1961-1997)

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-09-2010, 08:56 AM
Heir Presumptive

I am so jealous Georgia. :)

Old 11-09-2010, 09:17 AM
Commoner

I saw an article on a tiara of Diana's that was unveiled. It was beautiful but i've never seen her wear it before. Any information on it?

Old 11-09-2010, 03:29 PM
Royal Highness

The exhibit is showing a Spencer tiara. Maybe that's the tiara.
Old 11-18-2010, 07:54 AM
Commoner

Mmmh, didn't know that figured maybe it was a gift that was never worn or something. Oh well....
Old 11-28-2010, 05:54 PM
Royal Highness

Just came from the Diana, A Celebration exhibit. It was very moving to be near Princess Diana's belongings.

A Spencer tiara was at the very beginning of the exhibit (It was so bright with all the diamonds), then information on past, famous, Spencer women like Georgiana, the Duchess of Devonshire and Princess Diana's paternal grandmother that Diana looked like and acted like in charity pursuits.

Then her personal belongings. One in particular got my interest. It was a pastel sketch of Diana's favorite pet, Marmalade the orange striped cat. It was stated that Marmalade is buried on the isle with the Princess. I am glad about that. I hated the thought that she was buried alone there. Now at least there is a pet she loved with her.

Then the wedding room with the bridal dress and a film of the wedding and kiss on the balcony. The Spencer tiara, umbrella, shoes and purse all with the gown. Next the room with some beautifully designer dresses and gowns that the Princess wore. Many Catherine Walker dresses-beautiful and my favorite, the Channel dress. I just love Channel. Then came her charity work and room with a film on her funeral. In front of the film was dried flowers in pieces from the crowd's tribute flowers in front of KP. At the end there were knick knacks that you could buy in memory Diana, Princess of Wales. I bought the book on the exhibit.

Then we went to the Amway hotel's restaurant that displayed the Wales' wedding cake and had a piece of the wedding cake. It was very tasty traditional English fruit and icing cake.

I feel so honored to have this exhibit in my small city. Pam DeVos talked to Earl Spencer to have her foundation host it here in Grand Rapids, MI.
I always dreamed that some day I would go to Britain and hopefully I will.
But for now, I got to see a little bit of Diana, Princess of Wales' life.
Old 11-29-2010, 05:07 PM
Serene Highness

Fashion tales at the Grand Rapids Art Museum
Fashion tales at the Grand Rapids Art Museum | MLive.com
Old 11-29-2010, 06:42 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfg02 View Post
Fashion tales at the Grand Rapids Art Museum
Fashion tales at the Grand Rapids Art Museum | MLive.com
The orange suit was a prettier shade. Thanks gfg02!
Old 11-29-2010, 09:58 PM
Nobility

Ooooh, I really should head up to Grand Rapids to see that exhibit! I do have to stay overnight in Michigan at some point on my way to see family at Christmas.
Old 11-30-2010, 10:13 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thena View Post
Ooooh, I really should head up to Grand Rapids to see that exhibit! I do have to stay overnight in Michigan at some point on my way to see family at Christmas.
Definitely go Thena. To get a ticket from the exhibit. Go to website for the Grand Rapids Art Museum.
Old 11-30-2010, 04:16 PM
Nobility

Thank you for posting the description. It sounds wonderful.
Old 12-03-2010, 04:55 PM
Serene Highness

Royal regalia: Diana exhibit foreshadows William and Kate wedding

Royal regalia: Diana exhibit foreshadows William and Kate wedding | foreshadows, kate, regalia - Features - The Telegraph
Old 12-07-2010, 08:58 AM
Royal Highness

Earl Spencer is coming to talk at the Princess Diana exhibit in Grand Rapids, Michigan in January.
Old 12-09-2010, 01:45 PM
Serene Highness

Royal relation Father Ignatius Spencer could become a saint

BBC News - Royal relation Father Ignatius Spencer could become a saint
Old 12-22-2010, 11:55 AM
Heir Presumptive

At nearly halfway point, Princess Diana show in Grand Rapids proving to be huge draw | MLive.com
Old 12-22-2010, 05:38 PM
Royal Highness

Thank you for the article sirhon 11234.
Old 01-11-2011, 01:21 PM
Royal Highness

Earl Spencer is here in Grand Rapids, Midhigan today for the exhibit, Diana a Celebration.

Grand Rapids, Michigan has a children hospital moving to their new state-of-the-art building near the exhibit. Earl Spencer went to the hospital. Our TV news got him to express his view. He approved of the children hospital and knows his sister would have love this facility. He also stated that this opening of a new children hospital was appropriate to happen during the exhibit honoring Diana's life, because her greatest cause was for children.
Old 01-14-2011, 11:27 AM
Serene Highness

Princess Diana's niece charged with assault over late-night 'burger rage' row at McDonald's drive-through

Read more: Princess Diana's niece Amelia Spencer charged with assault over McDonald's row | Mail Online
Old 01-14-2011, 11:53 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfg02 View Post
Princess Diana's niece charged with assault over late-night 'burger rage' row at McDonald's drive-through

Read more: Princess Diana's niece Amelia Spencer charged with assault over McDonald's row | Mail Online
Thank you for sharing!I've observed that Amelia is slimer than her sisters and has inherited her mother's looks
Old 01-14-2011, 05:39 PM
Serene Highness

Princess Diana exhibit tops 50,000 tickets sold; Grand Rapids Art Museum extends hours
Princess Diana exhibit tops 50,000 tickets sold; Grand Rapids Art Museum extends hours | MLive.com

Video Clips - Earl Spencer at Grand Rapids
http://www.princess-diana-remembered...deo-clips.html

Photos of exhibition of Princess Diana's dresses at the 'Museum of Fashion' in Bath in Somerset.
http://www.princess-diana-remembered...f-fashion.html
Old 01-14-2011, 07:19 PM
Gentry

Princess Diana's niece Amelia Spencer charged with assault over McDonald's row | Mail Online just found this article about lady amelia i havent posted on here but i thinik amelia looks like her aunt but with long hair

Tags
althorp, diana, diana princess of wales, diana's family, diana: a celebration, earl spencer, museum, princess diana