The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Diana, Princess of Wales (1961-1997)

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-16-2010, 07:41 PM
Heir Apparent

Althorp was open to tourists since the 1970s, and it had a gift shop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by agogo View Post
Well, he did not let her live there when she was alive, now he makes a tour of her things?

Old 07-17-2010, 04:16 AM
Gentry

I attended an Exhibition of Diana's Dresses in Branson, MO

I was able to attend an exhibition of Diana's dresses and memorabilia from her life at the Branson Exhibition Center in Branson, MO. The exhibition is going to be here about 6 months. It was pretty impressive to see all the collectibles and memorabilia they had. It's the one that was at Disney - but they have expanded it.

The pink beaded dress Diana wore in India was breathtaking! I never could understand how anyone could spend 20,000 dollars on a dress like celebrities do sometimes. However, when I saw the intricate hand beading on that dress, I realized I wouldn't charge less than 20,000 for all the work in it.

Below is information about the exhibit.

Overview: Diana — The People’s Princess is a fascinating, full-scale exhibition which gives an intimate glimpse at the life of Princess Diana— as told through her own personal objects and stories from every day life.

Displayed in a stunning 26,000-sq. ft. setting at the new Branson Exhibition Center, this exhibition showcases an impressive collection of her own dresses-- which she auctioned for charity weeks before her untimely death-- as well as hundreds of artifacts relating to her life in a world-class, museum-quality, interactive experience.
From handwritten notes to intriguing insight into her life as a member of the British royal family, this special engagement offers a rich, personal perspective and showcases the life and passions of one of the most iconic and inspirational individuals of our age, Princess Diana.

Location: The Branson Exhibition Center (formerly Roy Rogers Museum)
3950 Green Mountain Drive
Branson, MO 65616
Hours:

Monday – Thursday: 9 a.m. – 9 p.m. (last entry at 8 p.m.)
Friday – Saturday: 9 a.m. – 10 p.m. (last entry at 9 p.m.)
Sunday: 12 noon – 6 p.m. (last entry at 5 p.m.)

Ticket Prices:
Adult: $19.95
Senior (62+):
$17.95
Child (4-12): $ 9.95
College Student (With Valid ID): $17.95
Family Pack (2 Adults & 2 Children): $55
(All prices include tax)

Old 07-19-2010, 11:38 AM
Royal Highness

windsorbride1. That you for all your information on the exhibition. I get to see the exhibition in Nov. called Diana, a Celebration. This exhibition is coming to my hometown. I can not wait.
Old 07-22-2010, 05:18 PM
Serene Highness

Teen mentors honoured with princess prize
Teen mentors honoured with princess prize - Hartlepool Mail
Old 07-23-2010, 02:36 PM
Gentry

That's great that Diana's legacy be known for young people.
Earl Spencer is working for keeping her memory alive, for it I admire him.
For sure he was affraid about Diana's security in the time it wasn't possible she lives in Althorp, 'cause he also refuses all the attempts of his daughter Kitty to live in England.
Pictures of Kitty Spencer:
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._4518667_n.jpg
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._4192803_n.jpg
http://www.facebook.com/profile/pic....z80dXIsnjQ3_wc
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._5291181_n.jpg
Old 07-25-2010, 05:17 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

The bizarre case of Earl Spencer, his divorce lawyer...and seven little piggies | Mail Online

Quote:
It is surely not the first time a High Court judge has been called ‘pompous’ and ‘self-regarding’. Or even a ‘pillock’.
But the mudslinger on this occasion, Sir Nicholas Mostyn, was once Britain’s top divorce lawyer and is now a fellow judge himself – which must have made it particularly wounding for the man on the receiving end, Lord Justice Munby.
In truth, the insults were never meant to reach his ears and have come to light now only because of the actions of Earl Spencer, Princess Diana’s brother.
Old 07-25-2010, 01:33 PM
Royal Highness

No wonder the Earl Spencer had the attic sale. That second divorce is very costly. I think the extra million and more money for his children yearly upkeep shows the bad trait of pettiness that the Spencers' sometime have. I am glad his ex-wife, Caroline got a good settlement.

This pig naming of the judge by the lawyer reminds me of grammar school behavior.
Old 07-25-2010, 01:42 PM
Administrator

Okay, I know this off topic...but how cute are those little piggies?!

And good for Caroline on getting the settlement, I know she wanted the London apartment so I wonder if he paid her for that as well? The settlement couldn't possibly include child support.

After what is reported to have paid his ex wives, I can't imagine him even wanting to get married again.

Old 07-25-2010, 01:47 PM
Royal Highness

The piggies are cute.
The article said $30,000 a year for child support and more for their schooling.
I think his third bride to be has her own MONEY.
Old 07-25-2010, 01:50 PM
Administrator

Considering how much money he has thats a good number....he got off easy. But he also has four other kids he is paying child support for (at least the twins and Louis plus schooling).

But again, I think Althrop has a lot more stuff to sell. It is odd considering his article in Vanity Fair...but it is his to sell. I would imagine that if Charles marries Biana (and I am sorry I don't see that happening)...he (heck THEY) would both need to have a pre nup...is that common in England?

Old 07-25-2010, 08:48 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
..he (heck THEY) would both need to have a pre nup...is that common in England?
I've seen this questions answered on other forums; and the answer is that pre-nups aren't legally binding in the UK.
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiea View Post
I think his third bride to be has her own MONEY.
I believe that she does, yes.
Old 07-26-2010, 02:14 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Earl Spencer reveals his barrister named piglets 'pompous', 'self-regarding' and 'pillock' after High Court judge - Telegraph

Quote:
Earl Spencer has got his revenge on a barrister he blames for costing him £1 million in a divorce hearing by disclosing embarrassing remarks he made about a High Court judge.
Interesting way to get revenge.
Old 07-27-2010, 07:19 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Interesting way to get revenge.
Lumutqueen, I personally think it is a immature action on Earl Spencer's part.
Old 07-28-2010, 04:03 AM

OMG! Those little piggies are adorable. I wonder if you can still get them anywhere?

The idea of The Earl of Spencer in a travelling museum seems so wrong. What a way for a life to end up. That's Barnum and Bailey stuff. Yet again, the bizarre sideshow that the Death of Princess Diana created is one of the most saddening things about the whole affair.
Old 07-31-2010, 04:24 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Why is Earl Spencer such a mean father? | Mail Online
Old 07-31-2010, 02:13 PM
Royal Highness

Earl Spencer has shown his real self since his speech at Princess Diana's funeral. He strikes be has a pompous A** and tight with his love and money. I do not like the way he treats his ex-wives and children.
Old 08-14-2010, 09:25 PM
Administrator

Earl Spencer's threat to 'tell the world marital secrets' after court ordered him to stay away from his ex-wife | Mail Online

Earl Spencer threatened to publicly divulge a deeply personal matter concerning his ex-wife after she won a restraining order against him. He vowed to 'tell the world' about the marital secret if his second wife, Caroline, formally served him with the injunction.

The non-molestation order prevented Princess Diana's brother – described by his first wife as a domineering bully – from communicating with Caroline 'in abusive and insulting terms'.

But on Christmas Day 2007, four days after Countess Spencer obtained the order, the Earl sent an email to his lawyers stating: 'I am strongly considering going public on the [said matter] very soon  .  .  .  The gloves are off.'
---------------------------------------------

I hate to say this is in a childish way BUT this man is simply NOT NICE. How on earth does he continue to get women to date and/or marry him. I know he has a fortune...but is it worth it?

Old 08-24-2010, 02:22 AM

Incomprehensible!
No Zonk, no money is worth this.
How could a woman thinking about marrying that man????
How should Ned and Lara ever have any kind of "relationship" to this man?
It´s really unbelievable.

What reasons can a woman have even only thinking about a marriage with this man???

Does anybody really believe he could change?
Old 08-24-2010, 10:04 PM
Heir Apparent

A title and an estate could mean a lot to some women. And, lets face it, some women seem to fall for the wrong kind of men.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella76 View Post
What reasons can a woman have even only thinking about a marriage with this man???
Old 08-25-2010, 09:37 PM
Serene Highness

Princess Diana's childhood home under repair
Princess Diana's childhood home under repair - Female First

Tags
althorp, diana, diana princess of wales, diana's family, diana: a celebration, earl spencer, museum, princess diana