The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Diana, Princess of Wales (1961-1997)

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-16-2009, 09:34 PM
Gentry

You know, Mermaid, teenagers are very peculiar in their way of dressing... It's like they were saying: "Look at me..." She dresses as a Hollywood star, and her beauty is really hollywoodian...
Today I've read some comments about Kitty and her peach dress in web, and one sadened me a lot: some people referred to her as "ANNA NICOLE SPENCER", comparing her with Anna Nicole Smith, an ex playboy model who lived exploring fool very old millionaires ... I think at least unfair to judge a 18 yrs old girl so hard, it's even cruel, she's almost a child ,despite of her mythological beauty! Kitty:

Old 07-17-2009, 12:03 AM
Administrator

What I found disturbing about Kitty Spencer was not her style of dress but her attitude to her ex step mother. Now, true the information is from the Daily Mail but its one thing to support your father but let's not do it blindly. For instance, this is the mother of your brother and sister, who wants to read years later that you said some not so nice things about her in the paper. And strangely enough, some of Caroline's complaints echo that of her mother, Victoria when she divorced the Earl as well. Its one thing for one wife to say something but if another says the same during the divorce proceedings and you have a bunch of ex girlfriends who can agree....welll that my dear is a pattern of behavior.

Old 07-17-2009, 01:47 AM
Majesty

Perhaps she's just experimenting with popular looks. I certainly wouldn't compare her to Anna Nicole Smith.
Old 07-17-2009, 06:11 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariana Pazza View Post
why on Earth should she dress as her grandmother???
I don't know of many well bred grandmothers who would dress in such a way, now or in their past.
Old 07-17-2009, 11:45 AM
Gentry

Sky, I reffered to the fact that people usually dress according to their age, exemple: teenagers use to dress in a daring way, they like to expose their bodies 'cause sexuality is in blossom, they like shoking the adults in words, behavior, dressing. They want attention and being different. Of course a grandmother never would dress herself this way, 'cause maturity and sense are predominant in this age, and above all, the body in this age isn't very perfect to be exposed ostensively. For example, after I completed 30, I never more dressed a mini skirt or a blouse showing my belly (and I liked it very much)! Well, I mean since Kitty Spencer's got a majestic body, she can enhance it with daring, and doesn't need to hide it as a dark shame!
Old 07-17-2009, 03:24 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Sky, I referred to the fact that people usually dress according to their age,
I know you did, I was saying that even the young women of my day would not have appeared so forward. The makeup is overdone, the dress too revealing for a young woman. She might have a nice figure but that is no reason to display too much. Perhaps it is best to put it down to different tastes.
Old 07-17-2009, 04:58 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
What I found disturbing about Kitty Spencer was not her style of dress but her attitude to her ex step mother. Now, true the information is from the Daily Mail but its one thing to support your father but let's not do it blindly. For instance, this is the mother of your brother and sister, who wants to read years later that you said some not so nice things about her in the paper. And strangely enough, some of Caroline's complaints echo that of her mother, Victoria when she divorced the Earl as well. Its one thing for one wife to say something but if another says the same during the divorce proceedings and you have a bunch of ex girlfriends who can agree....welll that my dear is a pattern of behavior.
well let's not forget...she is a spencer. this time next week they could be best friends and daddy could be iced out.
Old 07-17-2009, 05:29 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
It's the bleached-blonde hair and the look-at-me deep-v along with the heavy makeup that bothers me. It's just too much. She's such a pretty girl that she doesn't need all the extras to get lots of attention.
I agree completely, Mermaid. I read some of the comments before looking at the photo, and I wanted to like it... but she simply does not look elegant. It's quite possible to look elegant and sexy at the same time, but, sadly, she misses the mark here. I have seen some beautiful photos of this lovely young woman in the recent past, and she appeared very different. For example:

http://www.antena3.ro/images/diverti...194172517a.jpg

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...I8Hm-Qawrtn1DA

To my complete surprise, I can understand the comparison to Anna Nicole Smith in the recent photo with the peach dress. It's the combination of the platinum-blond hair, the heavy makeup... and the fact that Kitty's chest is falling out of her gown. Let's hope that this was a temporary (not long-lasting) foray into unseemly territory, and that she was merely trying out an identity. It's natural at her age to experiment, in an effort to figure out who she really is and what suits her.
Old 07-18-2009, 02:56 AM
Majesty

True. So true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess View Post
well let's not forget...she is a spencer. this time next week they could be best friends and daddy could be iced out.
Old 07-18-2009, 03:09 PM
Gentry

Well, the apple never falls too distant from the tree, Diana said once she pushed her stepmother down the stairs... I think Kitty's personality has much in common with Diana, they were/are very jelous of those they love... Maybe in a sick way... Well, maybe her stepmother had been mistreated her (very commom), and as she's not hypocrital, she told what she was feeling, usually teenagers are very outspoken, but the age become then more "civilized", eh, eh!
As to her way of dressing, Kitty is a magnificent woman, even in a witch dress!!!
Old 07-26-2009, 10:09 AM
Heir Apparent

Svenskdamtidning is reporting that Kitty Spencer is a new member of the London society.

Google Übersetzer
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 07-28-2009, 11:13 AM
Nobility

Ten years ago on Friday, I went to the Althorp Museum and enjoyed it, especially seeing Diana's beautiful wedding dress.

I'll never understand why Earl Spencer wouldn't allow his sister to stay at Althorp when she was alive but has allowed her to be buried there. What a hypocrite!
Old 07-28-2009, 03:38 PM
Nobility

Well, he was afraid of the press following Diana there and disturbing his peace and quiet. She did resent him for not giving her a house he had promised her there. One can see his point about the press, I have to admit. But he could have done it had he wanted to. Diana certainly had few enough places to escape the press.
Old 07-29-2009, 08:58 AM
Nobility

What's the difference? People come to Althorp every summer to visit now that Diana's dead.
Old 07-29-2009, 09:27 AM
Heir Presumptive

Location: Between the first and second floor of the Eiffel Tower, France
Of course but alive she was a "moving target" and the hard task to assure her safety would have been relegated to him. Now that she's dead, as terrible as it is, the security is far easier to provide since it's not a person but a grave to watch.

Please, help find a cure for ALS

Because it matters...
Old 07-29-2009, 10:52 AM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Maybe part of the truth is that Earl Spencer thought he and Diana might fall out again, and it is difficult to have a feuding neighbor right there on your doorstep. Security concerns might have given him an easy out.
Old 07-29-2009, 06:53 PM
Gentry

Well, I've read the Earl doesn't want his daughter Kitty come to live in England (it's what most she wants, 'cause of her modelling works and London best parties) 'cause he wants to protect her from the attacks of the press (well, her daring dresses have been making the party for the tabloids), and I don't think he's denying some shelter for his daughter, only trying to protect her, as he did with his sister. He couldn't give Diana the protection she needed that time and didn't want to risk, but royal family denied royal protection for Diana (since she lost this right with the tittle of royal princes), and she became easy prey for the predators, look what happened, some press cars madly pursuinting her and the car crash that killled her!!
Old 07-30-2009, 08:38 AM
Administrator in Memoriam

Quote:
...but royal family denied royal protection for Diana (since she lost this right with the tittle of royal princes)
We need to clear this up before it becomes yet another urban myth.
Diana was not denied royal protection. It was Diana herself who declined/refused it despite the Queen's concern.
Old 07-30-2009, 11:59 AM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Warren's right. Diana was trying to simplify her life (or maybe free herself from the restrictions of royalty). Unfortunately, it was not a good choice given that she was prey for the media and criminals, and she was forced to rely upon the protection of others.
Old 07-30-2009, 12:27 PM
Heir Presumptive

Location: Between the first and second floor of the Eiffel Tower, France
And let's not forget that royal protection provided by highly trained Scotland yard officers is one of the best in the world. Private agencies have different ways to operate from one another and so, abandoning the elite protection for one of those wasn't a wise choice at all.

Please, help find a cure for ALS

Because it matters...

Tags
althorp, diana, diana princess of wales, diana's family, diana: a celebration, earl spencer, museum, princess diana