The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Diana, Princess of Wales (1961-1997)

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-14-2008, 04:43 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimebear View Post
Maybe because it was home and she felt secure there. Althorp could have held happy and comforting memories for her at a time when she felt alone and vulnerable. Perhaps she was also in need of feeling closer to her Spencer roots after being ostracized by the Windsors.

That is exactly what I think Kimebear. When you are feeling vulnerable there is nothing like home, she didn´t want just any house, she wanted the comfort of home and probably had fond memories of this particular house. I think it was very cruel of her brother to refuse her. No matter for what reason.

Old 08-14-2008, 09:48 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menarue View Post
That is exactly what I think Kimebear. When you are feeling vulnerable there is nothing like home, she didn´t want just any house, she wanted the comfort of home and probably had fond memories of this particular house. I think it was very cruel of her brother to refuse her. No matter for what reason.
Earl Spencer mentioned it was because the security presence and papparazzi would be disruptive to his own family which seems a valid reason. At some point, when a choice is between making your wife happy and making your sister happy, a man is liable to choose making the wife happy, regardless of what happened to Earl Spencer's marriage later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTruth
He has exactly the same problem which Diana had : longterm relationships whether it's friendship or love don't seem to work. Just need to see how many lovers Diana had (even without including the alleged ones) and how many friends she dumped. It's clear it's the result of something that went wrong during their childhood. Probably the divorce since neither Sarah or Jane seem to have this relationship problem with others.
I think you bring up a valid point. The Spencers remind me of my father's family. My grandfather died when the younger children were still very young and my grandmother didn't cope very well. The older children seem not to be as affected by it but the younger ones definitely were.

"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 08-15-2008, 02:43 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysbel View Post
Earl Spencer mentioned it was because the security presence and papparazzi would be disruptive to his own family which seems a valid reason. At some point, when a choice is between making your wife happy and making your sister happy, a man is liable to choose making the wife happy, regardless of what happened to Earl Spencer's marriage later.
Well Earl Spencer doesn´t have the reputation of making his wives happy, so you never know perhaps on this occasion.
Old 08-15-2008, 08:00 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

I know that which is why I said regardless of what happened later in his marriage.

Its conceivable that if his marriage was already in trouble when Diana asked, inviting her to stay on the grounds would have made things more difficult for his family which would have given him more trouble and I get the sense that Earl Spencer is the type that likes to avoid difficulties.
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 08-15-2008, 02:30 PM
Heir Apparent

This is a good point. I think as well that perhaps Diana would have been inclined by that point in her life to see only her own side of the issue and not listen to what her brother had to say about about his own family and their situation. I can understand Diana's hurt in being turned down by the brother that she "mothered", but perhaps the Earl had his own very good reasons for making the choice that he did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysbel View Post
Its conceivable that if his marriage was already in trouble when Diana asked, inviting her to stay on the grounds would have made things more difficult for his family which would have given him more trouble and I get the sense that Earl Spencer is the type that likes to avoid difficulties.
Old 09-03-2008, 06:13 PM
Imperial Majesty

Diana Spencer, who became Princess Diana when she married Prince Charles of England, raised her family's name recognition across the globe. Now, the ninth Earl of Spencer hopes to do the same for the family home with a cross-country tour and presentation that includes a stop in Southeast Texas on Saturday.

Princess Di's brother visits Southeast Texas >> www.beaumontenterprise.com - Entertainment & Life
Old 09-03-2008, 06:56 PM
Heir Apparent

"Became Princess Diana"
"Prince Charles of England"

Horrors! Someone really needs a copy of Debrett's Correct Form!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
Diana Spencer, who became Princess Diana when she married Prince Charles of England, raised her family's name recognition across the globe. Now, the ninth Earl of Spencer hopes to do the same for the family home with a cross-country tour and presentation that includes a stop in Southeast Texas on Saturday.

Princess Di's brother visits Southeast Texas >> www.beaumontenterprise.com - Entertainment & Life
Old 09-07-2008, 06:26 PM
Gentry

Charles Spencer

I met Princess Diana's brother, Charles Spencer last Thursday night at a coctail reception/lecture for his "Althorp Living History" furniture line. He has been traveling across the US promoting this line the last few days. He was very nice and down to earth!! It was held at a high end furniture store called Von Hemert Interiors, located in Costa Mesa/Newport Beach, CA. (In Orange County,CA, which is about 40 minutes south of LA). The store carries the Althorp furniture line.
My sister received an invition from the store because she shops there alot. I can't afford their furniture! Charles spoke for about 15 minutes about Althorp, then went in the store (it was at night and the store was closed to the public),and autographed his furniture, & books for sale about Althorp House, & posed for photos with anyone that wanted their photo taken wih him. From the side he looks like Diana, but looking at him head on, he looks just like Prince William. His hair was a blondish color not reddish.
Old 09-18-2008, 01:03 PM
Administrator

I wonder what's up with the old girlfriend (Colleen) and the newest ex wife. Did they reach a settlement agreement regarding the assets?
Old 09-19-2008, 03:23 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
I wonder what's up with the old girlfriend (Colleen) and the newest ex wife. Did they reach a settlement agreement regarding the assets?
Ex girlfriends have no entitlement to any of the assets.
Old 09-19-2008, 08:55 PM
Administrator

I know Colleen is not entitled to any of the assets...I was wondering if she has resumed her career in the States.

The settlement question was in reference to the ex. I believe she wanted the London townhouse..if I am not mistaken.
Old 10-25-2008, 09:03 AM
Royal Highness

Next in line: Earl Spencer's latest conquest is Bianca, Lady Eliot, widow of drug-taking peer

By Oliver Koster

Given his track record as a womaniser, it was never going to be long until Earl Spencer found another girlfriend after splitting with his latest three weeks ago.
Sure enough, he's in love again already.
The latest in the long line of Spencer conquests is Bianca, Lady Eliot - a former model and widow of an eccentric drug-taking peer.

Earl Spencer [left] with Jane Yarrow, who is said to have 'dumped him.
Right: Lady Eliot attending an inquest on her late husband in 2006

Two years ago, the vivacious redhead found her husband Jago, Lord Eliot, dead in the bath from epilepsy. An inquest found he had cocaine and cannabis in his blood.
At 32, Bianca is 12 years Spencer's junior. The earl, who is said to have been dumped by blonde divorcee Jane Yarrow early this month, met Lady Eliot at an exclusive London club only last weekend. A source close to the couple said it was 'love at first sight'.

Hope this woman is not needy.
Old 10-25-2008, 02:42 PM
Heir Apparent

It might be a "stretch" to put this under Earl's Spencer's Family (his ex-step-grandmother), but this is a fascinating article. Barbara Cartland believed that Raine's father was the late Duke of Kent.

A drunken husband and five secret lovers: The novel Barbara Cartland never wanted you to read | Mail Online
Old 10-25-2008, 04:51 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
It might be a "stretch" to put this under Earl's Spencer's Family (his ex-step-grandmother), but this is a fascinating article. Barbara Cartland believed that Raine's father was the late Duke of Kent.
Oh my!
Old 10-25-2008, 05:53 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes, exactly! That would make Raine the Queen's biological first cousin, and the current Duke her half-brother. The mind boggles. Ms. Cartland certainly had an interesting life. Perhaps her sugary novels were as much a refuge for her as they were for countless other women.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
Oh my!
Old 11-02-2008, 12:17 PM
Courtier

Earl Spencer enjoys a romantic shopping trip with his new Lady | Mail Online

Earl Spencer talks his way into becoming a reality TV star - Telegraph
Old 11-02-2008, 06:05 PM
Heir Apparent

Does Spencer have high blood pressure? His face is awfully red.

Old 11-05-2008, 03:52 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Does Spencer have high blood pressure? His face is awfully red.
He might have adult acne. Redness happens around the cheeks and nose. I wonder is Prince Harry has the same problem?.
Old 11-05-2008, 06:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Or that skin disease that turns the face red. My father had that. Or it might be the flush of love.

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiea View Post
He might have adult acne. Redness happens around the cheeks and nose. I wonder is Prince Harry has the same problem?.
Old 11-06-2008, 05:56 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Or that skin disease that turns the face red. My father had that. Or it might be the flush of love.
What is that skin disease called Mermaid?

Tags
althorp, diana, diana princess of wales, diana's family, diana: a celebration, earl spencer, museum, princess diana