Different Facets of Diana

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just found this very interesting website about Diana's hairstyle. It's worth a look. The picture below the first is really amazing. A lot of women indeed tried the short hair when the Di Mania started.

Princess Diana Hairstyles - Page: 2 of 9

That was an interesting link. Thank you.:flowers: I liked Diana's hair best before 1983, while it was still more like the original "Lady Di" cut.

Just found this very interesting website about Diana's hairstyle. It's worth a look. The picture below the first is really amazing. A lot of women indeed tried the short hair when the Di Mania started.

Princess Diana Hairstyles - Page: 2 of 9

I think she also looked good in the last year or so of her life, but I didn't like some of the rather overdone styles in the late 1980s and early 90s.

I remember reading an article which claimed that Diana's more natural look toward the end of her life, especially after her divorce, was a sign that she was finally at peace with herself. I don't know if that's true or just overanalysis by someone wanting to sell articles about her, but she did look less contrived without that layered hairdo and all the eye makeup.

Last edited:
I suppose that she had much more freedom concerning her look when she was divorced and left the Royal hairstyle and make-up.(we could already see the change after the separation, in 1992). When you compare 2 pictures, for example 1987 (Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected) and 1997 (Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected) there's a big difference. On the first one you have blue eyeliner, make-up, cheek blush, lipstick, ... . But on the second one we can hardly see some make-up except the mascara, some black kohl and maybe a very light lipstick.

I did love her look around 97, although there are some classic photos of Diana of which I love that contain hairstyles pre-seperation that look lovely on her.

Great site! I realy enjoyed looking at her different styles and the evolution of Diana.

Great site! I really enjoyed looking at her different styles and the evolution of Diana (emphasis mine.)

This is the thing about Diana that is the most fascinating - she EVOLVED while the rest of the family stayed stagnant and set in their ways. You can argue that she evolved badly, but I would disagree. She grew in ways that were not compatible with the RF but that doesn't make her an evil or sick person. She came from a dysfunctional background, was a immature teenager when she met and married and barely 21 when she became a mother for the first time. Given all of this, I think she did remarkably well in her short life.

Last edited:
Wonderful Site, The Truth. Always a delight for me to visit new sites about the wonderful princess. Takes one back to the time she first burst onto the scene and the way she progressed before our very eyes. Brings back beautiful memories of Diana.

Actually that's why I think many of Diana's problems go back to her childhood. I think she felt the constant need for love and attention and when you feel the need for something like which cannot be given to you 24/7 your most likely to run into problems down the road.
I think you are right, some people never seem able to grow out of the need for approval, coming from a dysfunctional background.

Some parents feel the 'need' to buy extras for a child after a divorce, either in a misguided attempt to 'buy' affection or to 'make up' for letting them down. Then when the child grows up, they see it as normal behaviour, if you want something, shout and scream, if you don't get what you want, try elsewhere. Poor Diana had not only her parents, but her grandmother, brother and sisters to contend with and play off against one another.:flowers:

AHEM!

We're just getting the thread back on topic - don't let's start back down the rabbit hole of all her problems and whose fault the failed marriage was and all that stuff.

AHEM!

We're just getting the thread back on topic - don't let's start back down the rabbit hole of all her problems and whose fault the failed marriage was and all that stuff.
Aww(?) and there I was actually being nice about Diana!:flowers:

One thing about Diana that made her extremely special was that she photographed so well no matter what she looked like. The camera loved her - I don't recall a photo where she didn't look gorgeous - make up done, hair done or not. One of my favorites is when she had her hair soaked in an outdoor concert by Pavarotti. She slicked it back and still looked stunning. The only real hair style that I didn't particularly like was the one in NY when it was slicked down on purpose - not her best look and yet she still looked wonderful.

There was one truly awful picture of Diana published in MAJESTY magazine. It must have been taken from a very strange angle, because it looked nothing like her. Whenever I see an awful picture in MAJESTY, I think, "Oh, Editor, what did that person do to you?":lol:

There are some bad photos in the Unseen Archives book about Diana as well. Having seen them, I know why they were "Unseen.":)

One thing about Diana that made her extremely special was that she photographed so well no matter what she looked like. The camera loved her - I don't recall a photo where she didn't look gorgeous - make up done, hair done or not. One of my favorites is when she had her hair soaked in an outdoor concert by Pavarotti. She slicked it back and still looked stunning. The only real hair style that I didn't particularly like was the one in NY when it was slicked down on purpose - not her best look and yet she still looked wonderful.

The camera just loves some people, Diana, Marilyn Monroe. . . Ave Gardner. . .

... Rita Hayworth in her prime...

I have a collection of prints from the 20's 30's and 40's that I lifted, uh, borrowed from a website. And in every print, the stars look like a million bucks. There was a code back then that they had to. Something I really wish given the crap that passes for fashion these days. And I think that's the fascination with Diana, she always looked good. The Royal Family all tries to strive for that, they always try and look good, though some people, like Diana, when they look bad, they still look good. . . (which royally SUCKS! :bang:)

Last edited:
But why is Diana looking weak in her long hair????

I can only remember one photo where she looked terrible and that was when she tried a hairdo with gel. It just didn´t suit her. My hairdresser told me that most people when they want her to style their hair still ask for a cut like Princess Diana - of course they can´t get it, she had fabulous hair.

Diana's hair dresser

Diana's hair dresser has to be famous for he has accentuated the beauty of Diana by her look, making her lovely blues eyes be brighter by her hair style. Why is this hair dresser staying in the darK No one has ever thought who he might be?

Nazma FOURRE

She was so desperate for guidance, but she took it from the wrong people and ignored it from people who had her best interests at heart and could have helped her. That's part of her tragedy IMO.

Frightening people makes them dependant to you and I guess this is what all those people did to Diana in order to profit from her.

^I never thought about it that way oh lord, maybe that explains Diana's fears or she was genuinly paranoid one of the two.
But you can't live your life like that. What's going to happen, is going to happen. Otherwise you end up looking foolish like the Regan's did. . .

^Oh no, I totally agree, that was wrong of her to do, at first I was like ok maybe she was a bit paranoid but it's not as bad as some people say then when I heard everything from the inquest I was just like man what was wrong with Diana why in the world did she feel like this but I guess it is somewhat explainable if you think about it, like has been mentioned in here already

Other than the stalkers, I am not sure who would want her dead. She wasn't in politics like Benizar Butto. The IRA wasn't after her, (I don't think the IRA is after anybody anymore, they've disbanded, haven't they?) so I'm not sure what she would have to be paranoid about. But then again, I don't live in the Royal Fish bowl so I wouldn't know. . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom