Different Facets of Diana

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
sara1981 said:
that true!

Diana dont like her step-mother very much! since her father marry to her but Diana love her father very much!

Sara Boyce

It is true that Diana did hate Raine for a long time, but just before her death, she made peace with Raine and was often seen in her company. They often lunched together. Raine is responsible for bringing Mohammed Al-Fayed back into Diana's life that fateful year. Diana's father knew Mr. Al-Fayed, and Raine worked for Harrods in some capacity. The Al-Fayeds had been in and out of Diana's life through the years at Polo, Charity Events, and Diana's shopping needs at Harrods.

I wonder what would have happened if she had not taken that summer cruise on the Al-Fayed yacht with William and Harry that summer. I believe Al-Fayed used that trip to foist his son on Diana to stir up the establishment who wouldn't give him British citizenship. Al-Fayed has always been greedy for the spotlight. His greed cost him his son and the world of the "People's Princess."

Is Raine the woman who died recently? Everyone made a big deal about her not liking her mother. Did Harry and Will attend her funeral, I don't remember?

Squidgy said:
... here you are Ulik ... a picture of Diana at her sister Jane's wedding in April 1978. (Diana is the tall girl standing just behind the bride)

Photo: Spencer Family Album

thanks sooo much Squidgy...in three years she had her own wedding. what a dress :)

ulik said:
thanks sooo much Squidgy...in three years she had her own wedding. what a dress :)

She took a giant leap forward 3 years later from that disaster of a bridesmaid dress didn't she???:)

Harry's polo shirt said:
Is Raine the woman who died recently? Everyone made a big deal about her not liking her mother. Did Harry and Will attend her funeral, I don't remember?

Raine is still alive and is on the Board of Directors for Harrods. I think you are thinking of Diana's mother - Frances Shand-Kydd. She died on June 3 2004. And yes, Harry and William did attend her funeral in Scotland. (See photo below from Corbis)

Attachments

• DWF15-767110.jpg
    DWF15-767110.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 440
was this the only time Diana ever been a bridesmaid? how about at Sarah's wedding?

Maybe they wouldn't give him citizenship because he tried to take the Chief of Ross's identity. (meaning he refused to take the shield off the Ross Castle, it toke 30 years and they went to court about it)

I think Diana looked much nicer in the second bridemaids dress.

i mean as bridesmaid at her sister, sarah wedding's, not at fergie's :) . Diana must had been there

I think she was a guest, not a bridesmaid; I saw a photo somewhere of her at Sarah's wedding, and she didn't look to be wearing a bridesmaid's dress. It's much more common in the UK to have child bridesmaids, so maybe Sarah didn't want any teens in her wedding party.

ulik said:
i mean as bridesmaid at her sister, sarah wedding's, not at fergie's :) . Diana must had been there

Oops! Sorry that I misunderstood you Ulik:eek:.

Yes, like Elspeth said, Diana was a guest only at her sister Sarah's wedding. Below is a picture from Sarah's wedding (I believe the date is May 17 1980). Diana is in the middle, with her mother Frances and her grandmother, Lady Fermoy beside her.

(Sorry for the poor quality - it is from an old newspaper)

Attachments

• 1980 05 17 a.jpg
    1980 05 17 a.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 915
thanks Squidgy for looking it...so it was her only time as bridesmaid. i thought being a pretty little girl she must had been asked to be bridesmaid many times.

continuing the thread, as Diana as a wedding guest, is also marvellous :)

....what a hat she wore at sarah's :) :) and it was only 1 year before her own wedding!

Yes, it was quite a hat Ulik! Sort of like the hats she wore in her first few years as Princess of Wales - when she liked to have lots of veiling covering her eyes.

I have made a liar out of myself because I did find one more picture where Diana is in the wedding party. She is 4 years old (circa 1965). It's interesting because 12 year old Princess Anne was also in the wedding party (she is the picture on the right). Sorry for the picture quality - it is from an old Paris Match magazine.

Attachments

• 1965 wed.jpg
    1965 wed.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 711
  • Untitled-Scanned-02.jpg
    Untitled-Scanned-02.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 609
Squidgy, whose wedding was that?

Funny, I've never heard of them being in the same wedding party -- but probably not unusual since their parents ran with the same crowd.

Anne must have been one of the senior bridesmaids since she's so much older than Diana.

iowabelle said:
Squidgy, whose wedding was that?

Sorry Iowabelle, the article doesn't say - It would of course likely have to be someone in the Upper Classes, since Anne was there. Does anyone know?

Squidgy said:
Yes, it was quite a hat Ulik! Sort of like the hats she wore in her first few years as Princess of Wales - when she liked to have lots of veiling covering her eyes.

I have made a liar out of myself because I did find one more picture where Diana is in the wedding party. She is 4 years old (circa 1965). It's interesting because 12 year old Princess Anne was also in the wedding party (she is the picture on the right). Sorry for the picture quality - it is from an old Paris Match magazine.

You didn't say that the little girl on the left was Diana, didn't you Squidgy? It seems that Anne was bridesmaid for many times, more than Diana was. Should we change the thread into Anne as Bridesmaid? :D

ulik said:
You didn't say that the little girl on the left was Diana, didn't you Squidgy? It seems that Anne was bridesmaid for many times, more than Diana was. Should we change the thread into Anne as Bridesmaid? :D

Ha! Ha! Maybe we should. Being a princess, I'm sure Anne was very much in demand on the wedding circuit.:)

I bet Anne didn't like being dressed up in all those frilly princess-type dresses!

SHe didn't looked very happy!

iowabelle said:
I bet Anne didn't like being dressed up in all those frilly princess-type dresses!

I'm sure she didn't! I wonder what they had to bribe her with, in order to get her to wear that dress - maybe a new horse?:p

...so anyone would like to open the Anne as Bridesmasid thread then? :)

Squidgy said:
She is 4 years old (circa 1965). It's interesting because 12 year old Princess Anne was also in the wedding party (she is the picture on the right).

But Anne would not have been 12 when Diana was 4.

selrahc4 said:
But Anne would not have been 12 when Diana was 4.

Yes, of course you are right Selrahc4. Anne was born in Aug 1950 and Diana in July 1961, so almost 11 years separates them - which means that if Diana was 4, Anne would have been approx. 15.

I just noticed that while in the main heading of the article, it says Diana was 4, in small print later on, it says she was 3, which means Anne would have been 13/14 which looks seems more reasonable looking at the picture.

selrahc4 said:
I think Anne looks far younger than 13/14 in that picture, though.

Here is a link to a photo of her Sep 18, 1964 when she would have been 14 at Constantine and Anne-Marie's wedding (Princess Anne is the bridesmaid at the lower left-hand corner).

http://worldroots.com/brigitte/royal/gifs/constantin47.jpg

Yes, something isn't matching up. I am only going by what the article says in Paris Match (which of course often makes mistakes). My French is not good I admit, so I'll let someone else translate the caption for the photo:

"Diana avait 3 ans, la princesse Anne en avait 12. Les deux petites filles etaient ensemble demoiselles d'honneur et ne faisaient encore que porter les traines officielles." (sorry, my keyboard doesn't do accents)

Perhaps that is not a picture of Diana, but rather one of her sister Jane, who was born in 1957:confused::confused:

Squidgy said:
Yes, something isn't matching up.

Perhaps that is not a picture of Diana, but rather one of her sister Jane, who was born in 1957:confused::confused:

You know, I believe you are right. It looks more like one of her sisters...Jane or Sarah. Oh well, wouldn't be the first time a photo was mis-labeled.

selrahc4 said:
You know, I believe you are right. It looks more like one of her sisters...Jane or Sarah. Oh well, wouldn't be the first time a photo was mis-labeled.

What, the press get something wrong?:eek:

But, I must take responsibility, since I was the one who posted the picture without questioning if the age differences between Diana and Anne matched up. Sorry to anyone who has been led astray.:(:(:(

But it's so hard to tell, Squidgy. Anne's got her head down so we can't tell how old she is, and the child doesn't look like Diana but Diana looked much different when she was very young.

Since you're taking responsibility, though, we should pelt you with chocolate chip cookies! Yum.

iowabelle said:
But it's so hard to tell, Squidgy. Anne's got her head down so we can't tell how old she is, and the child doesn't look like Diana but Diana looked much different when she was very young.

Since you're taking responsibility, though, we should pelt you with chocolate chip cookies! Yum.

Ha! Ha! That's one punishment I would definately look forward to!;)

Thanks for cheering me up Iowabelle.:):)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom