The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-21-2005, 03:50 PM
Nobility

wow, I've never seen most of those photos...! Thanks for posting them.:)

Old 11-21-2005, 04:15 PM
Serene Highness
TRF Author

Be welcome to this forum, asmadasitgets2003! :)

Thanks for your pics!! Diana looked very girly and pretty in this style. And with a Lot of Classe (as usual on her!)

Old 11-21-2005, 04:59 PM
Aristocracy

I loved Diana's hair long! Her hair looked best then, and towards the end of her life (when she looked the best she ever had).

I remember her attending the opening of parliament twice (both in the early 80s), but it could have been more.
Old 11-21-2005, 05:32 PM
Courtier

Thank you for the photos.. I remember when she had long hair. I liked it than short hair...

karla64
Old 11-21-2005, 05:35 PM
Courtier

Beautiful, Why she just kip the long hair? was so chaming :p
Old 11-22-2005, 12:38 PM
Commoner

Yeah, that year's opening of parliament got diana into trouble, the press said she did her hair up to up stage the queen
(as if she did'nt do so on many ocassions) I dont understand why they made a fuss though, princess anne did her hair up like that more than once before????

Any one else have photos of diana in this year they would like to share
Old 11-22-2005, 01:17 PM
Courtier

She looks absoulutely beautiful with her long hair
Old 11-24-2005, 06:21 PM
Aristocracy

Jessica Simpson borrows from Diana's look-larger nose, golden locks, accented eyes.
Old 11-24-2005, 06:46 PM
Royal Highness

You must be joking: how can you borrow a large nose? At least JS is a natural blonde. And load of ladies wear eye makeup. It's been done before Diana was born.
Old 11-24-2005, 06:50 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incas
You must be joking: how can you borrow a large nose? At least JS is a natural blonde. And load of ladies wear eye makeup. It's been done before Diana was born.
I mean flaunting a larger than "acceptable" nose. Jessica is proud of hers-always speaking of it. Furthermore, I meant that the idea that a scrawny blond with a honker, no lips and too much eye makeup could be considered a looker in this day and age can be seen to be linked to Diana in the beauty discourse.
Old 11-24-2005, 06:51 PM
Serene Highness

I think Diana looks lovely with long hair. I never knew that she wore her hair this way. But well, in 1984 I was 4 years old...
Old 11-25-2005, 11:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

thanks for the photos, she look soooo beautiful!
Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 11-25-2005, 11:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

Much more lovely with long hair rather than the short hair. She looks so feminine and cute. I like her hair at the state opening. Why doesnt charles attend the openings now.
Old 11-25-2005, 11:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

yeah, she look leverly but she used the long heir for few months, only 4 months.
Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 11-26-2005, 12:43 AM
Nobility

thank you for those beautiful pictures- I love her long hair!
Old 11-26-2005, 03:19 AM
Aristocracy

diana, princess of wales

Does anyone else think that Diana looks really upset in the Parliament pictures? Especially the picture where they are waiting for the Queen to step out of the carriage, she has her head down and she looks ticked.

Also, when she is standing next to Princess Anne at the Remembrance Day event, she looks disgusted with the whole world.

I wonder what was wrong? Anyone have any good gossip????
Old 11-26-2005, 11:32 AM
Commoner

"Also, when she is standing next to Princess Anne at the Remembrance Day event, she looks disgusted with the whole world. "

Yeah, this was after prince harry's birth, she really had the hardest time I think 1984 - 1989 I think those were the hardest years for her.

here is some more pics of diana with long hair
http://photobucket.com/albums/c209/l...ianalonghair2/
Old 11-26-2005, 11:54 AM
Heir Apparent

diana definetely looked lovely with long hair, which wasn't difficult for her. even with her short hair as in the latest days she looked wonderful and really stylish. here she looks stylish as well but more girlish.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 11-26-2005, 12:00 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

I don't think the long hair is her best look. She does look more young and girlish.

Diana may have been just bored in the Parliament speech. Those speeches are often boring.

I think she and Princess Anne looked just uncomfortably cold in that one pic. Both of them have sourpusses.
Old 11-26-2005, 12:09 PM
Commoner

I agree with you "ysbel" diana and princess anne were at a Remembrance Day event, so they could hardly smile and giggle. Also the speech to parliament is boring.
I thought at first, diana looked plain with long hair, but now I really like the way she wore it in a style of the early 1940s but she did it with a modern twist. That's what I love about diana she mixed the old with the new.

Tags
bridesmaid, dance, diana princess of wales, pregnancy, princess diana, princess diana lady spencer, style