Different Facets of Diana

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember hearing about the Opening of Parliment hairdo incident when I was older b/c I was a toddler when it happened. But I do remember people were saying that she was trying to show up the queen. I've seen the pictures and I thought she looked beautiful with long hair and I honestly didn't see what the big deal was. Queen Elizabeth wears her hair in the same since God knows when so I don't understand how the press can blow a simple hair style out of proportion? From the pictures I saw I loved Diana w/ long hair and I kinda wish that she didn't cut it. But she also looked good with short hair too.

I think it was one of the first appearances she made after having Harry. Opening of Parliament is usually a dull affair, aside from the displany of regalias, reading of government programs is not what one would call an exciting event. I think the press definitely helped to blow the whole hair style change out of proportion. For a formal occasion, Diana's swept up look was entirely appropriate.

Now that the photos of Charles and Diana (together) from that night have been deleted, I can't check this info.....

What did Diana wear that night to and from the theater (it can just be a description of the outfit).

jun5 said:
If my memory is right, Diana actually danced on the stage in the 1980s in London. So, I thought that these photographs are the Princess Diana's pictures at that time.

I apologize that I posted the wrong picture about Princess Diana... :doh:

No! This is Diana dancing! Gutsey girl to get up and do that number. Practiced for weeks!:)

As bridesmaid at sister Lady Jane's wedding, April 1978. Teenage Diana had to wear the same style dress as the tiny bridesmaids (c. aged 5)!

Photo: Eastern Counties Newspapers

Last edited:
Squidgy said:
Yes, it was quite a hat Ulik! Sort of like the hats she wore in her first few years as Princess of Wales - when she liked to have lots of veiling covering her eyes.

I have made a liar out of myself because I did find one more picture where Diana is in the wedding party. She is 4 years old (circa 1965). It's interesting because 12 year old Princess Anne was also in the wedding party (she is the picture on the right). Sorry for the picture quality - it is from an old Paris Match magazine.

Sorry Squidgy. That is Diana's sister Jane who is the bridesmaid at the Kent Wedding. Was Diana was even born when this wedding took place?

Slightly OT, but has anybody noticed that Jane's daughter (Laura I think) who was bridesmaid at Earl Spencer and Victoria Lockwoods wedding is the spitting image of her mother at the Kent wedding. Sorry I do not know how to post photos otherwise I would posy and show you all.

Scott

Last edited:
ulik said:
...so anyone would like to open the Anne as Bridesmaid thread then? :)

I can tell you a few:) Anne was bridesamid to:

Lady Pamela Mountbatten
Princess Margaret
Duchess of Kent
Princess Alexandra of Kent
Queen Anne Marie

Cant think of anymore. I think she has only been an adult bridesmaid (well a late teenager) once and that was at the Greek Royal Wedding.

Kind regards
Scott

Scott said:
Sorry Squidgy. That is Diana's sister Jane who is the bridesmaid at the Kent Wedding. Was Diana was even born when this wedding took place?

Thanks Scott. If you read some earlier posts, you'll see that we've already straightened things out.:)

Lady Jean said:
Now that the photos of Charles and Diana (together) from that night have been deleted, I can't check this info.....

What did Diana wear that night to and from the theater (it can just be a description of the outfit).

According to a British NP clipping I have off this event they said she arrived in 'a favorite blue gown' changed into this slinky champagne colour silk slip dress then later changed again to a 'red gown' which seems odd why didn't she put her blue dress back on but this is what they said whether it's is indeed factual I've NO idea.

Last edited:
Perhaps a little bored during a polo match in June 1981, Diana performs some dance moves for a friend.

Photo: Press Association

From Alamy.com

Last edited:
Great pictures! Do you know if that dance was recorded jun5? If it was do you know where I could find it?

Great cartoon! I also heard that she liked to post new cartoons in her bathroom as well.

From Acioline.biz; isifa.com

msleiman said:
I really did like Diana with longer hair. I also loved the cartoon. I have readed that Diana also enjoyed cartoons.

Msleiman, who is that beautiful photo on your avatar?

Princess Diana Visiting a Barnardos Children's Home 11/08/1984
Princess Diana Attending a Charity Event 11/13/1984

From corbis, royalty monthy

gfg02 said:
Does anyone know what color this outfit is? Is it the black version of the pink suit she wore earlier?

Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that photo was from Festival Of Remembrance on 10th Nov. 1984. She had a black outfit with a ruffled white shirt peaking over the collar. You can make out the red poppy on her left lapel.

Last edited:
gfg02 said:
diana was eight months pregnant here?

Last edited by a moderator:
Incas said:
I think that photo was from Festival Of Remembrance on 10th Nov. 1984. She had a black outfit with a ruffled white shirt peaking over the collar. You can make out the red poppy on her left lapel.
That's the information I have too Incas.

Here is the only colour picture I have of Diana on that day (photo: Hulton Getty). I'm assuming it's a dress, not a suit. Diana usually wore a dress to this event. I would love to see a full length colour photo ...

corazon said:
diana was eight months pregnant here?
No. This was taken in November, 1984-Harry was almost two months old. It's the American method of posting dates: 11/08/84 means November 8, 1984 instead of August 11, 1984. :)

Last edited:
sassie said:
No. This was taken in November, 1984-Harry was almost two months old. It's the American method of posting dates: 11/08/84 means November 8, 1984 instead of August 11, 1984. :)

thanks for the answer, in my country the date is date/month/year

Diana looked even more beautiful with long hair, in my humble opinion, but she was always beautiful anyway.

To me Diana, princess Of Wales looked beautiful with short or long hair some people can't play it off but the people's Princess plays very well and that this are the first pictures seeing the late Princess with long hair all the times I saw her on tv she had short hair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom