Different Facets of Diana

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
iowabelle said:
Jane put Diana in a really bad bridesmaid dress! (I know, it was the time, the 1970s.)

I think she was very pretty, even then.

Squidgy said:
Yes, it is a pretty unflattering dress.:eek: But as you say Iowabelle, we have to take into account the fashions at the time. I think the dress is Laura Ashley, and in the 70s, their designs were pretty popular among the upper class in Great Britain.

Did Diana ever wear Karen Miller's- I think her clothes are so fantastic.

tiaraprin said:
It is true that Diana did hate Raine for a long time, but just before her death, she made peace with Raine and was often seen in her company. They often lunched together. Raine is responsible for bringing Mohammed Al-Fayed back into Diana's life that fateful year. Diana's father knew Mr. Al-Fayed, and Raine worked for Harrods in some capacity. The Al-Fayeds had been in and out of Diana's life through the years at Polo, Charity Events, and Diana's shopping needs at Harrods.

I wonder what would have happened if she had not taken that summer cruise on the Al-Fayed yacht with William and Harry that summer. I believe Al-Fayed used that trip to foist his son on Diana to stir up the establishment who wouldn't give him British citizenship. Al-Fayed has always been greedy for the spotlight. His greed cost him his son and the world of the "People's Princess."

hadn't John, Di's late father, told Mohamed Al Fayed to care for his daughter Diana, years be4e the fateful cruise?

Squidgy said:
What, the press get something wrong?:eek:

But, I must take responsibility, since I was the one who posted the picture without questioning if the age differences between Diana and Anne matched up. Sorry to anyone who has been led astray.:(:(:(

Princess Anne was indeed 14 at the time.

iowabelle said:
But it's so hard to tell, Squidgy. Anne's got her head down so we can't tell how old she is, and the child doesn't look like Diana but Diana looked much different when she was very young.

Since you're taking responsibility, though, we should pelt you with chocolate chip cookies! Yum.

I can't c any 3 years old bridesmaid in the pic, anne was born in 1950, and she's there in the left corner, it's her, quite obvious, maybe they wanted to name Anne, but wrote Diana.

Wow I've never seen this picture (three generations of Spencer Women) before. I mean I've seen pix of Lady Diana at her sisters Sarah's wedding but not this one. Totally Awesome
Btw I'm new but love this forum it's just brilliant.:D

I've heard that before, that one of Diana's sisters was a bridesmaid for the Kent wedding. I believe it was Jane was born in 1957, and not Sarah (born 1955.) The girl in the photo looks very much like Jane.

Squidgy said:
I just realized that the pictures I posted in post #32 of this thread of Anne (& likely Diana's sister Jane) were probably from the Duchess of Kent's wedding in 1961.

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=180982

Last edited:
Lady Jean said:
I've heard that before, that one of Diana's sisters was a bridesmaid for the Kent wedding. I believe it was Jane was born in 1957, and not Sarah (born 1955.) The girl in the photo looks very much like Jane.

Which one do you think is Jane?

Lady Jean said:

Thanks for the confirmation Lady Jean.:) I had never heard before that one of the Spencer girls was in the Kent's wedding. I know that in her royal life, Diana was pretty close to the Duchess, but I had always assumed that they had only met when Diana started dating Charles, but it looks like the ties between the Spencers & the Kents go back quite a ways. I guess that the Duke of Kent & Diana's father were friends?

"The Country Life Book of the Royal Wedding" (1981) states that both Lady Jane and Princess Anne were bridesmaids at the Kent wedding, 6/8/61. Gordon Honeycombe's book on the Royal Wedding 1981 says that Jane is the Duke of KEnt's goddaughter.

I apologize if this is a bit off topic but I hope this resolves the bridesmaid question.

Last edited:
Lady Jean said:
The one on the left.

She would have to be one of the little girls, being only about 4 years old.

Lady Jean said:
"The Country Life Book of the Royal Wedding" (1981) states that both Lady Jane and Princess Anne were bridesmaids at the Kent wedding, 6/8/61. Gordon Honeycombe's book on the Royal Wedding 1981 says that Jane is the Duke of KEnt's goddaughter.

I apologize if this is a bit off topic but I hope this resolves the bridesmaid question.

Yes, I think everything is resolved. Thanks for digging up the info. Lady Jean.:)

According to Penny Junor's "Diana Princess of Wales" (1983),

"Later that year, in 1969, Diana was a bridesmaid for the first time when her cousin Elizabeth Wake-Walker became a Duckworth-Chad at St. James, Piccadilly."

I think that's the event depicted in the lovely photos of young Diana provided by Squidgy on page 1 of this thread.

Squidgy said:
Diana looks like she is a Flower Girl in these pictures (& I think that is her brother Charles with her - perhaps as the Ring Boy).

Does anyone know when these pictures were taken and at whose wedding?

Photos: Spencer Family Album

Thanks so much for the information Lady Jean. :)

Andrew Morton talks a bit about this wedding in his book, saying that it was a traumatic affair for Diana. Her parents had recently divorced. Apparently her father gave her a blue dress to wear to the wedding, while her mother gave her a green dress to wear. And she didn't know which one to wear. I would have thought that she would wear the dress that the bride had chosen for her. Perhaps Diana's memory failed her in this case & she was really thinking of another wedding.

her fav thing to do!!!! she love to dance. i think when she was dancing; she was the happiest!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
All pics directly attached to the Forums in contravention of the TRF posting rules have been removed.

Warren
British Forums Moderator

Diana's hairstyles

1984 is a year that centres on prince harry's brith and christening, and pics of diana at other events are few and rare, however I would like to share my pics with you!!
http://photobucket.com/albums/c209/lauracrazygirl/dianalonghair/
I really love this "in style" diana, and I love her long and gold hair, if any one has pics of diana in this year ,I would love to see them!!:)

"hugs"
Laura

these photos are wonderful! thanks.

seeing the ones of Diana at the opening of parliament made me wonder: how many times did she attend that event?

does anyone know?

wow, I've never seen most of those photos...! Thanks for posting them.:)

Be welcome to this forum, asmadasitgets2003! :)

Thanks for your pics!! Diana looked very girly and pretty in this style. And with a Lot of Classe (as usual on her!)

I loved Diana's hair long! Her hair looked best then, and towards the end of her life (when she looked the best she ever had).

I remember her attending the opening of parliament twice (both in the early 80s), but it could have been more.

Thank you for the photos.. I remember when she had long hair. I liked it than short hair...

karla64

Beautiful, Why she just kip the long hair? was so chaming :p

Yeah, that year's opening of parliament got diana into trouble, the press said she did her hair up to up stage the queen
(as if she did'nt do so on many ocassions) I dont understand why they made a fuss though, princess anne did her hair up like that more than once before????

Any one else have photos of diana in this year they would like to share

Jessica Simpson borrows from Diana's look-larger nose, golden locks, accented eyes.

You must be joking: how can you borrow a large nose? At least JS is a natural blonde. And load of ladies wear eye makeup. It's been done before Diana was born.

Incas said:
You must be joking: how can you borrow a large nose? At least JS is a natural blonde. And load of ladies wear eye makeup. It's been done before Diana was born.
I mean flaunting a larger than "acceptable" nose. Jessica is proud of hers-always speaking of it. Furthermore, I meant that the idea that a scrawny blond with a honker, no lips and too much eye makeup could be considered a looker in this day and age can be seen to be linked to Diana in the beauty discourse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom