Different Facets of Diana

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed.:flowers:The story of it being a young boy making most of the calls has never made sense to me. What young boy--except William or Harry--would have access to those phones? And why would any child make many, many anonymous calls to an art dealer's home? As far as I know, this supposed child has never been identified, but the person who broke the story was supposed to have been a friend of Hoare's son. I think that's the only "young boy" involved in this caper, and he was on the other end of the story. Was Diana attempting some slight of hand, trying to connect the young Hoare's friend with this mystery child who made the calls? Bizarre.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, as I stated she admits to calling the Hoare residence in her capacity as a friend, in a NORMAL way. She does not admit to any nuisance calls, nor does she "out" this child. The police investigators had already announced that there were some calls traced to a schoolboy and Diana repeated this info in an effort to take some heat off herself.

For what it's worth I not only believe she made the calls, I don't think he was the only one she did it to.

Inquiries by the Independent on Sunday have established that the calls were made by a 16-year-old pupil of Stowe School in Buckinghamshire. It is understood the boy, who has since been expelled, made the calls to one of Mr Hoare's sons, either Tristan, 17, or Damien, 15, who attended the school.

It was the Independence itself who did the inquiries. Are you guys implying that the Independence was also telling lie?

To me the answer is very clear. The clue is "most of the calls had been from public phone box". As a person who were spied on by the paparazzi 24 hours once she left the Palace, it was very stupid to make such calls from a PUBLIC phone box.

Most important, in the whole span of her life as the Princess of Wales, so many photos has been taken of her, has anyone ever seen even one photo of her in the public phone box? No. She was alledged to have made hundreds of calls from a public phone calls from a PUBLIC phone box, but there wasnt even one picture to prove it.

I believe her that she didnt know how to use a public phone box. If you are never in one, how do you know how to use it. Actually, after the divorce, she once said she didnt know use the parking meter also. I believe her, because I have never seen even one picture of her using it.

Diana claimed it was a schoolboy who was making the calls in her Panamora interview. That is stated in the article from the Indepedent that you posted.

I think that it's most likely that she used phone boxes and parking meters before she was engaged to Prince Charles. I can't understand why a young-girl-about-town wouldn't.:ermm:

It is possible that she never used a phone box ONCE she became Pcss of Wales.. but it is inconceivable to me that as a young woman [living in Earls Court] she didn't, and didnt know how to use one. In the days before mobile phones EVERYBODY did, regardless of their social station.

The instructions on how to use them [and parking meters] were clearly given on the apparatus, so that even those unfamiliar with them could learn to do so.

We'll likely never know how many calls were placed from Diana's private lines or whether those calls were obsessive in nature. A boy from Buckinghamshire would have to travel fairly often to Kensington to make all those calls.

Yes, as I stated she admits to calling the Hoare residence in her capacity as a friend, in a NORMAL way. She does not admit to any nuisance calls, nor does she "out" this child. The police investigators had already announced that there were some calls traced to a schoolboy and Diana repeated this info in an effort to take some heat off herself.

For what it's worth I not only believe she made the calls, I don't think he was the only one she did it to.

If you read the People magazine article, she admits in the 7th paragraph that she hung up on Hoare's wife several times. I appreciate that you acknowledge that Diana probably made the calls.

The people who are denying it are ignoring the fact that many of the calls were made on private lines, including Diana's cell phone. The child involved would not have had access to the phones. The police concluded that Diana made the calls. She was discovered not only by the phone records but also because Hoare confronted her by saying her name during one of the silent calls. The Independent (a pro-Diana paper) conducted a so-called investigation after the Panorama interview. The only source was Diana--not the police. nor the school The Hoares have never said another person made the calls. There is no independent evidence that anyone other than Diana made the calls.

Last edited:
I think people would suspect her at the very beginning is because when the police were investigating the phone calls on the request of Hoare's family, they found out that most calls are from public phone boxes around Kensington area. When the public heard the word "Kensington", immediately they suspected Diana. That was the only hard evidence why she should be suspected.

However, the same hard evidence -- "most calls are from public phone boxes around Kengsinton area", is also the hard evidence that she didnt do it. Because around this area, she was most spied on by the paparazzi. In no way she would dare and stupid to do this stuff around her home.

Would you believe that, if she had decided that it was not safe to make such calls at home, would she instead go to a PUBLIC place NEAR HER HOME to make such calles?

Even if she were stupid enough to do that, how comes there isnt even one photo of her using public phone boxes when she was followed by paparazzi 24/7.

The fact is not only there isnt such one photo around that time, but also not even one during her life time.

Diana claimed it was a schoolboy who was making the calls in her Panamora interview. That is stated in the article from the Indepedent that you posted.

I've carefully read over my post Ish, and I never stated otherwise.

I said that Diana never ADMITTED TO PERSONALLY MAKING NUISANCE CALLS...and that is correct.

US Royal Watcher-I never saw or read any PEOPLE article where Diana acknowledges hanging up on Hoare's wife. I've been on Google for the better part of an hour with no success.

Last edited:
About the indepence inquiries, how can anyone on this board know the only source is Diana? How can you know how did they do the investigation? Does anyone have any evidence?

I didnt deny that Diana made calls to Hoare. But I didnt believe that she would make so many calls in public phone boxes around her house, too risky and stupid, and there should be some photoes there.

Last edited:
I've carefully read over my post Ish, and I never stated otherwise.

I said that Diana never ADMITTED TO PERSONALLY MAKING NUISANCE CALLS...and that is correct.

US Royal Watcher-I never saw or read any PEOPLE article where Diana acknowledges hanging up on Hoare's wife. I've been on Google for the better part of an hour with no success.

It's strange. The link shows up when I look at my post, but here it is again. Also, to the deniers, the article indicates that the calls (about 20 a week) started in September 1992, stopped after Hoare confronted her, then the calls resumed--this time from the public phones and Diana's sister's home.

A Princess in Peril - Harassment, The British Royals, Princess Diana : People.com

About the indepence inquiries, how can anyone on this board know the only source is Diana? How can you know how did they do the investigation? Does anyone have any evidence?

I didnt deny that Diana made calls to Hoare. But I didnt believe that she would make so many calls in public phone boxes around her house, too risky and stupid, and there should be some photoes there.

I know there is no other source because they didn't cite any other source. If they had a police or school source, they would have said so.

I know there is no other source because they didn't cite any other source. If they had a police or school source, they would have said so.

So you think the way the Independent did the investigation only by watching the Diana's interview again. And that is called an investigating?

When JP said "Diana warned to kill Camilla" there was no source either, why so many people on this board would take her JP's words so serious?

So you think the way the Independent did the investigation only by watching the Diana's interview again. And that is called an investigating?

When JP said "Diana warned to kill Camilla" there was no source either, why so many people on this board would take her JP's words so serious?

As I have indicated, I would like to see a source for Penny Junor's allegations, although it does sound like something Diana would do. The People magazine article included many sources, including police sources. The Independent article only cites someone close to Diana. Hardly the same thing.

The more I read the more I suspected this story.

According to the people's article, the police only traced calls in a very short period from Jan 13th to Jan 19. There are totally 12 calls from this period.

Question 1: who did the counting and give a number over 300 within 18 monthes. The article didn't give any source.

Question 2: who was reponsible to trace those calls from public phone boxes and Diana's sister house. The article didnt give the source, but only said "it was reported". I dont think the source was the police, otherwise the article would state it and BE ABLE TO GIVE THE PRECISE NUMBER OF CALLS AND THEIR DATES. Just like the previous 12 calls.

Actually the people's article doesnt sound more credible to me. A lot of information they gave has no source, and only said "it was reported", in this case not better than the indepent article. I just dont understand if the source is credible, why didnt they state
it.

It is ridiculous to say that the police sources isn't credible because s/he didn't turn over the whole file, including the list of calls Mr. Hoare recorded to the News of the World. If you actually read the article, Hoare logged the calls himself. Hoare only called the police after a woman (not a boy) poured out abuse. The calls logged by the police were not linked to the public phones. If you believe that a school boy--not related to Diana--made calls from Diana's sister's home, there is nothing else to say to you.

The problem is the calls logged by the police were not linked to Diana sister's house either.

Lets get the fact straight, according to that article, there were 12 calls logged by the police, and they were only linked to Kensington Palace and Diana's cellphone. For these calls they provided precise dates and numbers.

Concerning those calls from public phone boxes and Diana sister's house, the article didnt say who logged them, the number, nor the dates. No they never said the police logged them, instead they said "it was reported" by the News of Worlds.

My question was, did Diana really go to the public phone boxes to make these harrassing calls? Eventhough Diana had once used her sister's phone to call Hoare, must (it) they be harrassing calls?

I dont believe Hoare would tell the News of Worlds anything either. Definitely the source was not Hoare.

I think the original News of the World article referred to British Telecom records. They matched the times of the calls logged by the Hoares to phones likely to be used by Diana. The News of the World is no longer in business so there is no link to the article.

The most important thing is, as you indicate, the 12 nuisance phone calls logged by police were undoubtedly made by Diana--they were linked to Kensington Palace and Diana's personal mobile. If you want to just concentrate on those calls-fine. There is no question Diana made them.
Reason dictates that the police were called in after the Hoares received many, many calls. If Diana made the 12 logged by police, she most likely made all of the nuisance calls to the Hoares--not some school boy.

Perhaps saying that a boy did it was used as a diversion tactic. I don't think any child was involved with this. None of this made sense to me as why a child would be making calls to numbers that they would have no access to and it would have been traced back to them and certainly someone would have paid their parents a visit about the calls.

What is interesting, is being found guilty without any real evidence. And that this should matter at this time. Assuming, is also a risk. Why a child. Why not a malevolent adult. Not Diana. If you do something and have to admit that you are open for others of doing the same and you have little defense.

Actually after the divorce Diana said it again she didnt know how to use the parking meter. The foolowing is her hair dresser Tess's recall

"She said, 'I felt that I had to live in the real world. I dont know how to fill up my car with petrol or how to work a parking meter. I had to learn this and a whole lot of other things all over again."

She knew how to use these stuffs before 1979 doesnt means she knew how to use them in 90's. Things changed very fast. That is why she said she had to learn them AGAIN.

Countess, I'm not sure I understand your comment. Are you saying there was no evidence against Diana or are you saying that Diana had no evidence against the child?

I guess I think it is beside the point. If my child had been caught making 12 nuisance calls to someone (uncommon now because of caller ID) and tried to tell me that another person was responsible for some of them--my response would be to tell him that even ONE call was one too many.

Diana was in her thirties. There is no excuse for a 30+ woman to make hang-up calls or stream abuse over the phone. She made it worse by publicly dragging a child into it. Even if the child had made some of the phone calls, she should have taken responsibility for her own actions and kept the juvenile (who had an excuse to be childish) out of the national interview. That is the point here.

Actually after the divorce Diana said it again she didnt know how to use the parking meter...
Using a parking meter or a phone box is hardly rocket science. Diana wasn't that stupid.

Diana was in her thirties. There is no excuse for a 30+ woman to make hang-up calls or stream abuse over the phone. She made it worse by publicly dragging a child into it. Even if the child had made some of the phone calls, she should have taken responsibility for her own actions and kept the juvenile (who had an excuse to be childish) out of the national interview. That is the point here.

This statement basically says it all. This is also a woman that made the world think of her so much as a victim of the "three in the marriage" drama but she had no qualms about inserting herself into someone else's marriage.

Sorry, Moonmaiden. I totally misread your post and stand corrected.

Diana was no angel but what Penny Junor is coming out with in her book looks like another slam against Diana. It must make people like her feel good to do that.

Junor is not coming out with anything new. This was all reported at the time but Diana's fans simply can't stand to hear the truth about Diana.

Not sure which Diana fans you believe "can't stand to hear the truth" but I can assure you I'm not one of them.

Weighing the entirety of her life in full, I still believe that the good she did here on Earth far outweighs any bad. The families of the dying patients she cheered and comforted at those hospices don't care that she made those nuisance calls, and the men, women and children who are alive today due to the influence she lent her voice to the anti-landmine campaign don't care about her ugly divorce or her adultery.

What I find baffling about Diana detractors who agree that she had serious emotional/mental problems is the way some of you seem to believe she could have managed her behavior through an act of will.:sad:

I liked and admired, and rooted for the princess while she was alive, even though I found some of her behavior indefensible. That has not changed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom