The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2005, 08:02 AM
Gentry

I don't mean to offend but how old was her sister in that picture. She looks really old!

Old 08-08-2005, 08:11 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doña Metizia
I don't mean to offend but how old was her sister in that picture. She looks really old!
Lady Jane was born in 1957 and this picture was taken in 1978, so she must have been about 21 years old.

Old 08-08-2005, 10:16 AM
Courtier

i think her sister looks a bit like diana
Old 08-08-2005, 10:32 AM
Gentry

was this the sister that prince charles was courting... before princess Diana ?
Old 08-08-2005, 10:58 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by happygolucky
was this the sister that prince charles was courting... before princess Diana ?
No. Charles dated Diana's other sister, Lady Sarah (Spencer) McCorquodale. She married a cousin of their much-hated stepmother, Raine.
Old 08-08-2005, 12:13 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmpressRouge
No. Charles dated Diana's other sister, Lady Sarah (Spencer) McCorquodale. She married a cousin of their much-hated stepmother, Raine.
that true!

Diana dont like her step-mother very much! since her father marry to her but Diana love her father very much!

Sara Boyce
Old 08-08-2005, 12:20 PM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Jane put Diana in a really bad bridesmaid dress! (I know, it was the time, the 1970s.)
Old 08-08-2005, 12:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

Even Princess Diana had to wear a bad bridesmaid dress! That is how she is the peoples princess, she relates to us so many ways...:p

Old 08-08-2005, 08:55 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowabelle
Jane put Diana in a really bad bridesmaid dress! (I know, it was the time, the 1970s.)
Yes, it is a pretty unflattering dress. But as you say Iowabelle, we have to take into account the fashions at the time. I think the dress is Laura Ashley, and in the 70s, their designs were pretty popular among the upper class in Great Britain.
Old 08-08-2005, 09:04 PM
Serene Highness

Diana looks like she is a Flower Girl in these pictures (& I think that is her brother Charles with her - perhaps as the Ring Boy).

Does anyone know when these pictures were taken and at whose wedding?

Photos: Spencer Family Album
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	a.jpg
Views:	491
Size:	37.9 KB
ID:	177744   Click image for larger version

Name:	b.jpg
Views:	494
Size:	29.2 KB
ID:	177745  
Old 08-09-2005, 01:17 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by sara1981
that true!

Diana dont like her step-mother very much! since her father marry to her but Diana love her father very much!

Sara Boyce
It is true that Diana did hate Raine for a long time, but just before her death, she made peace with Raine and was often seen in her company. They often lunched together. Raine is responsible for bringing Mohammed Al-Fayed back into Diana's life that fateful year. Diana's father knew Mr. Al-Fayed, and Raine worked for Harrods in some capacity. The Al-Fayeds had been in and out of Diana's life through the years at Polo, Charity Events, and Diana's shopping needs at Harrods.

I wonder what would have happened if she had not taken that summer cruise on the Al-Fayed yacht with William and Harry that summer. I believe Al-Fayed used that trip to foist his son on Diana to stir up the establishment who wouldn't give him British citizenship. Al-Fayed has always been greedy for the spotlight. His greed cost him his son and the world of the "People's Princess."
Old 08-09-2005, 01:26 AM
Heir Presumptive

Is Raine the woman who died recently? Everyone made a big deal about her not liking her mother. Did Harry and Will attend her funeral, I don't remember?

Old 08-09-2005, 01:48 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidgy
... here you are Ulik ... a picture of Diana at her sister Jane's wedding in April 1978. (Diana is the tall girl standing just behind the bride)

Photo: Spencer Family Album
thanks sooo much Squidgy...in three years she had her own wedding. what a dress :)
Old 08-09-2005, 01:59 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulik
thanks sooo much Squidgy...in three years she had her own wedding. what a dress :)
She took a giant leap forward 3 years later from that disaster of a bridesmaid dress didn't she???:)
Old 08-09-2005, 03:52 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry's polo shirt
Is Raine the woman who died recently? Everyone made a big deal about her not liking her mother. Did Harry and Will attend her funeral, I don't remember?
Raine is still alive and is on the Board of Directors for Harrods. I think you are thinking of Diana's mother - Frances Shand-Kydd. She died on June 3 2004. And yes, Harry and William did attend her funeral in Scotland. (See photo below from Corbis)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DWF15-767110.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	23.3 KB
ID:	177988  
Old 08-09-2005, 11:30 PM
Gentry

was this the only time Diana ever been a bridesmaid? how about at Sarah's wedding?
Old 08-10-2005, 01:21 AM
Aristocracy

Maybe they wouldn't give him citizenship because he tried to take the Chief of Ross's identity. (meaning he refused to take the shield off the Ross Castle, it toke 30 years and they went to court about it)

I think Diana looked much nicer in the second bridemaids dress.
Old 08-10-2005, 04:05 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulik
was this the only time Diana ever been a bridesmaid? how about at Sarah's wedding?
Ulik, that is the only time that I know of that Diana was a bridesmaid. She definately was not in Sarah & Andrew's wedding party. (see http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...chmentid=68250 for a picture of the party)
Old 08-11-2005, 04:07 AM
Gentry

i mean as bridesmaid at her sister, sarah wedding's, not at fergie's :) . Diana must had been there
Old 08-11-2005, 01:48 PM
Imperial Majesty

I think she was a guest, not a bridesmaid; I saw a photo somewhere of her at Sarah's wedding, and she didn't look to be wearing a bridesmaid's dress. It's much more common in the UK to have child bridesmaids, so maybe Sarah didn't want any teens in her wedding party.

Tags
bridesmaid, dance, diana princess of wales, pregnancy, princess diana, princess diana lady spencer, style