The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-18-2005, 11:58 PM
Nobility

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by cute_girl
I think she's still and will be called Princess Diana,in their official site you can see this "The Princess of Wales was killed in a car crash on 31 August 1997 in Paris."so she was still a princess at the time of her death though she was divorced.
of course, she never lost her own title!

Old 08-19-2005, 12:06 AM
Nobility

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry's polo shirt
I still call her Princess Diana. I think it was mean for the Queen to do what she did to Diana. The actions Queen Elizabeth took, concerning Princess Diana, lowered my opinion of her. After the divorce the queen showed her true colours, like stipping Diana of her title, not allowing Diana's name to be spoken around her, not wanting a royal funeral, all of that stuff.
it looks QEII and Charles are trying to make Di to be forgotten by ppl, 1 can't even leave flowers in front of Kensington Palace for Diana, that soon police take the flowers away, is it this as Charles doesn't want Cam to be hurt, have u read what happened in Bristol when Cam and Charles went for a visit and there was a huge Di's portrait dated 1987, when she opened something in this college, they had to shove the portrait away, for good, so poor camilla would not be hurt by Diana's portrait......

Old 08-19-2005, 01:33 AM
Heir Apparent

i would agree with emily62_1 because Princess Diana still in legend and many people loves Diana very much! but we would gives Diana a flower at her former home Kensington Palace on August 31st but the police will understand why on 31st? for? but Camilla is not popular royals but Diana is! and also Althorp too!

Sara Boyce
Old 08-19-2005, 08:15 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by emily62_1
of course, she never lost her own title!
That suggests that she was entitled to it forever, but she wasn't. She can't be HRH the Princess of Wales if she isn't married to HRH the Prince of Wales.
Old 08-19-2005, 08:28 AM
Serene Highness

More royal than the royals?

Quote:
well, I studied Di's Royal lineage, believe me, her blood was far more Royal than QEII and her husband.
I doubt that. Especially when it comes to Philip who has one of the bluest blood in Europe. Maybe she was as 'royal' as the Queen. Maybe.
Old 08-19-2005, 08:44 AM
Nobility

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicky
That suggests that she was entitled to it forever, but she wasn't. She can't be HRH the Princess of Wales if she isn't married to HRH the Prince of Wales.
well, how can u explain that she stayed Princess of Wales, while Cam is not- Cam chose very wisely not to get the Royal title of Princess of Wales, it would have caused more and more despice for her person, don't know if u lose the title, but wasn't sarah the Duchess of York even after her divorce from Prince Andrew?
Old 08-19-2005, 08:46 AM
Nobility

Question :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idriel
I doubt that. Especially when it comes to Philip who has one of the bluest blood in Europe. Maybe she was as 'royal' as the Queen. Maybe.
well, no, I'll show u, maybe Philip, if u consider QV a Royal, as he descends from QV; WHILE DI DESCENDED FROM THE STUARTS
Old 08-19-2005, 08:46 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
but wasn't sarah the Duchess of York even after her divorce from Prince Andrew?
Yes i think she was, could be wrong but i think she is still the Duchess of York
Old 08-19-2005, 08:51 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Diana lost the HRH not the Princess of Wales. Giving her the title HRH after the divorce would mean that she would still be part of the Royal Family after her divorce. Since Diana made some public attacks against the whole Royal Family and not just Charles, its understandable that they would only want members of the family that would support them not attack the whole bunch of them.

The title Princess of Wales she kept which is in keeping with other royal divorces.

After her divorce Princess Alexandra of Denmark lost the royal in the Royal Highness, even though she gets along very well with her former inlaws.
Old 08-19-2005, 08:52 AM
Courtier

Quote:
well, how can u explain that she stayed Princess of Wales, while Cam is not- Cam chose very wisely not to get the Royal title of Princess of Wales, it would have caused more and more despice for her person, don't know if u lose the title, but wasn't sarah the Duchess of York even after her divorce from Prince Andrew?
That is something I always wondered about. To be honest I don't get it. Why are they still the PoW and DoY if they aren't married to the PoW and DoY? Is there some technical glitch I'm missing? In fact, for a long time I assumed that Diana's marital titles were all stripped away and that she was back to Lady Diana in her last year.
Old 08-19-2005, 08:53 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

alicky, we must have crossposted. I think I answered your question.
Old 08-19-2005, 08:53 AM
Courtier

What if Andrew remarried? His new wife would be the Duchess of York right? What would Sarah be bumped to? There wouldn't be two right??
Old 08-19-2005, 08:54 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Diana wasn't 'The Princess of Wales' in 1996-1997. She was styled 'Diana, Princess of Wales'--a subtle, but significant distinction. On the contrary, Camilla is 'The Princess of Wales' now, but she doesn't use that title.
Old 08-19-2005, 08:54 AM
Courtier

OMG we just crossposted again! :p :)
Old 08-19-2005, 08:55 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicky
What if Andrew remarried? His new wife would be the Duchess of York right? What would Sarah be bumped to? There wouldn't be two right??
The new wife would be 'HRH The Duchess of York', while Sarah would remain 'Sarah, Duchess of York'--no mix-ups for them. :)
Old 08-19-2005, 08:56 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mapple
Diana wasn't 'The Princess of Wales' in 1996-1997. She was styled 'Diana, Princess of Wales'--a subtle, but significant distinction. On the contrary, Camilla is 'The Princess of Wales' now, but she doesn't use that title.
So Sarah is Sarah, Duchess of York. If Andrew remarried would she still have that? This is difficult! :(
Old 08-19-2005, 08:57 AM
Courtier

OMG I crossposted AGAIN. I have to learn to bite my tongue (hands).
Old 08-19-2005, 08:58 AM
Heir Presumptive

I think she wont be able to use the title if Andrew remarries. The new Duchess of York will be entitled to it instead. Or on the other hand, Andrew's new wife might use another of his titles (if he has one??)
Just my opinion
Old 08-19-2005, 08:59 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

LOL Alicky! This thread is getting some action this morning.
Old 08-19-2005, 09:02 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
well, I studied Di's Royal lineage, believe me, her blood was far more Royal than QEII and her husband....
That "Bar Sinister" that runs through the Spencer coat of arms really makes the difference though. Dozens of aristocratic british families descend from the bastard children of Charles II

Quote:
btw, every1 knows that QV was not really the daughter of the duke of kent, who could not concieve, he was ill and elderly, she was a german gentleman's daughter.
This is an unproven rumour based on the fact that the haemophilia made its appearance in Victoria's children. Some recent research shows that it is more than possible that the gene entered the royal family through Victoria's mother as there is considerable evidence in the numerous deaths of infant & young male children to lead experts to believe that haemophilia was the most likely cause of death

Tags
diana princess of wales, princess diana, styles and titles