The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-07-2017, 08:07 PM
Nobility

Okay people, I just read this entire thread and have one question:

Why does it matter *Today*, she is gone, she can not come back and make amends............why are some to hot under the collar to bad mouth this woman, so you don't like her..........fine, no big deal. Some worship her.....fine, no big deal.

Can we think of the damage this is doing to both William and Harry, shouldn't they be first in our thoughts........so the creep is making money, he has the morals of a lowly skunk ...and he smells like one also.......

Nothing is going to change for her or anyone..........

Old 08-07-2017, 08:58 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
It does not work that way in our enlightened Western regime as you like to call it. People do not "manage" other people nor is the husband of any more importance in a marriage than the wife. That is why your statement of Prince Charles "managing" his family so preposterous to us lowly beings that disregard human decency.

Perhaps its different in your neck of the woods where women are still treated as inferior beings? Just guessing.
In our neck of the woods ... there is an adequate system to protect women's rights.
As for the rest ... you have a right to your opinion.

Old 08-07-2017, 09:12 PM
Heir Apparent

Oh so they don't stone women to death or have honor killings in Kazakhstan?

LaRae
Old 08-07-2017, 11:18 PM
Majesty

Veering off the topic ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Oh so they don't stone women to death or have honor killings in Kazakhstan?

LaRae
The Republic of Kazakhstan was one of 15 USSR republics. Roles of women were similar to men for 70 years. It is illegal to stone women to death or have honour killings.

The questions are odd though.
Old 08-08-2017, 02:18 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
So all in all, I think from reading all the responses here about these tapes is that, in the long run, they didn't do Diana any favors nor were they in any way something that really needed to be put out there to the public.
well of course they weren't. I don't know why anyone except ardent Diana lovers who think everthing she does is right, or people who hate Diana and wanted to abuse her for making a mistake, would watch them being broadcast.
It was stupid of her to make the tapes, she should nt have trusted Settelen, and it seems to have given a chance for people like Jephson to talk and make money again. I don't know who else was involved. I gather Colthurst whom I thought was a genuine friened of Dianas was involved
Old 08-08-2017, 02:40 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
I believe that Diana felt close to Mannakee solely for the reason that being her PPO, it was his job to be by her side at all times. He kind of became a port in storm for a Diana that found herself to be unhappy in many ways with her marriage.

I
Just my take on it.
I think that you don't talk about running off iwht someone even in a jokey way unless there's something physical. I don't know if they did go to bed, but clearly there was a sexual attraction and maybe there was something happening.. but Diana or Barry M took fright and didn't take it to the next level.. and he was then transferred. At the time I think she was perhaps still a bit nervous about the RF and may have feared that while she was lonely and depended on BM for a friend and someone to tlak to and perhaps give her a lilte physical affection, that if she became his lover there would be a major fuss In the RF. Then BM was transferred because someone, the staff, or Charles didn't think he was acting appropriately.. and Diana romanticised his memory. Saw him as a "great guy" that would have been very speiclal had they been able to be togheter.
Old 08-08-2017, 08:05 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Could have very well been the mindset of someone with Barbara Cartland ideas of "happily ever after". She was also deeply and totally in love with Hewitt too until that went sour. A lot of the indications of Diana's mindset with men, to me, wasn't based in reality. She was conniving marriage plans with Dr. Khan too and trying to finagle him work in South Africa, I believe it was, for their "happily ever after" until she got the message that Khan wasn't interested in marriage to her. Seems like every man she admired was the "love of her life" in some form or the other. They all become some kind of an obsession with her until, for some reason or the other, life enters into the picture and the "happily ever after" gets tainted with reality.
I agree!
I think that what Diana called love was just infatuation, and infatuation usually fades quickly.
Old 08-08-2017, 08:08 AM
Serene Highness

It astounds me that people simply assume the words she said are the truth ? A woman SO practiced in the dark arts of self publicism and so motivated by hatred is simply not to be trusted..
Old 08-08-2017, 09:16 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_bina View Post
The Republic of Kazakhstan was one of 15 USSR republics. Roles of women were similar to men for 70 years. It is illegal to stone women to death or have honour killings.
That is good to hear! So women have full rights there?

LaRae
Old 08-08-2017, 09:29 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I'd like to issue an apology for a post that I made which, at the most, was actually sarcasm but that seems to have been lost somewhere along the lines here.

My aim was to point out sarcastically that I take offense to the denigration and the deriding comments made towards the Western culture and countries that are constantly popping up in Al_bina's posts here at TRF. I find it offensive. We may live in different parts of the world and have different methods of government and traditions and in the way we do things but I do also believe that respect for each other is the foundation for healthy, intelligent discussion of the things we all have an interest in.

Once again, my apologies.
Old 08-08-2017, 09:30 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
It astounds me that people simply assume the words she said are the truth ? A woman SO practiced in the dark arts of self publicism and so motivated by hatred is simply not to be trusted..
I don't think most of the people here think what she said is the truth--that is not what I'm reading. There is a difference between what the truth is/was and how Diana was perceiving things or the way she wanted to make things be.
Old 08-08-2017, 03:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
I agree!
I think that what Diana called love was just infatuation, and infatuation usually fades quickly.
How on earth can you possibly know what is "infatuation" nad what's love with someone else? and if Infatuation ended quickly, how come her affair with Hoare lasted some time and so did her relationship with Khan?
Old 08-08-2017, 03:07 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
Motivated by hatred??? Against whom? Dark arts?????
Old 08-08-2017, 03:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile View Post
I don't think most of the people here think what she said is the truth--that is not what I'm reading. There is a difference between what the truth is/was and how Diana was perceiving things or the way she wanted to make things be.
well it depends what we're talking about. Diana talked about a lot of things on these tapes, which bits "are not the truth?"
That she had a thing about Barry Manakee? That she and Charles didn't have sex very often? that she wasn't happy in the RF?
I don't tend to believe most people, I am always sceptical of what they say unless general observaitaiton has convinced me that they are people who rarely lie. I agree that Diana often had a loose relationship with the truth but I don't think she deliberately lied a lot fo the time. I think that she tended to see things and remember things erratically...
Old 08-09-2017, 12:51 PM
Super Moderator

Please note that several recent posts have been edited/deleted. This Forum is not a debating ground between Eastern and Western cultures - further posts criticising or being negative against one culture in favour of another will similarly be deleted.
Old 08-09-2017, 01:45 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
How on earth can you possibly know what is "infatuation" nad what's love with someone else? and if Infatuation ended quickly, how come her affair with Hoare lasted some time and so did her relationship with Khan?
I can't know beyond a doubt, but then none of us can.
I'm going by perception, and it seems to me Diana had a romantic fantasy about love that didn't stand up to everyday life.

As for those affairs lasting some time, how much time did Diana truly spend with either man?

Khan had a demanding job (Diana supposedly resented that it kept him away frequently.)

And of course, Hoare was married, which also involved much time spent elsewhere.
Old 08-09-2017, 01:53 PM
Majesty

Lets not forget too that in many biographies of Diana, its been stated that she felt a sense of abandonment when Hewitt was deployed in the Gulf War. The relationship went downhill after that.
Old 08-10-2017, 01:36 AM
Heir Presumptive

no, she fell out with Hewitt because he waned to go and work in Germany, and their affair ended. but I cant blame her for not being happy that her lover, who was one of the few things she had to comfort her in a difficult life, was going to be away for months.
Her affair with JH renewed when he went to the Gulf and continued for a while after that.
As for the points that she didn't spent a lot of time with various men, I'm sure she spent as much time as many couples do, in busy lives. people who are in busy jobs, with a lot of travelling, working long hours, don't always spend every evening and weekend together...
Old 08-10-2017, 08:31 AM
Majesty

Thanks for the correction on Germany, Denville. I had it kind of mixed up. Now that I think about it, Diana wanted to intercede so he wouldn't go to Germany but Hewitt said "no" to that.
Old 08-11-2017, 04:48 PM
Heir Presumptive

yes but their affair lasted a few years, as did her relationship with Khan. of course it wasn't the same as a marriage, but given the difficulties for her HAVING romantic relationships, at all, finding a man who was discreet (not at ALL easy when she was so famous), the problems of keeping it from the press, the RF, etc she certainly seems to have had relationships that did last a couple of years....