Diana's Relationships with The Queen and Other Members of the Royal Family

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Beck

Aristocracy
City
Southampton
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone have any pictures of Diana with any other her nieces or nephews?
She was close to Fergie, so I guess that would mean she was close Bea and Eugenie.

AADS003043.jpg

Maybe it's not quite that what you want but... Thanks to Corbis

Dec. 20 1988 Diana at her niece, Princess Beatrice's baptism.

Photo: Hola magazine

Last edited:
juliana said:
I believe the niece is Laura Fellowes and the nephew looks like the McCorquedale son.

Many thanks juliana :flowers:

Diana's relationships with The Queen and other members of the Royal Family

I would like to ask a question, but perhaps I will have to create a new thread : Did Diana and Princess Margaret get along with each other? Did they had a good relationship? They shared the 'rebel' side of the Windsor so I thought they could have a sort of understanding between them.

Since this looks like an interesting topic for a thread, I've broadened the subject slightly to include all the other members of the royal family and split it into its own thread.

I think the Princess of Wales had a good relationship with Prince Andrew and Edward even after the divorce.

I think Diana had a good relationship with the Duchess of York until Fergie said that she wore Diana's shoes and got Plantar's Worts....:ermm:

Diana and Anne didn't get along, and I would like to know about her relationship with Princess Margaret. You don't hear much about that one. What about Princess Michael of Kent?

Diana and Anne had nothing in commom so thats why they weren't that close.

When Diana died, the Queen was very affected. The Archbishop of Canterbury declared that the Queen was profoundly affected by the news. In a documentary Sarah Bradford also explained that the Queen considered her like a little turbulent niece. The Queen tried to protect her from the press. She personnaly received the subeditors of various newspapers in Buckingham Palace and said that the tranquility of her daughter-in-law must be preserved.
In spite of what was said on their relationship, I still think they liked each other and that the Queen had some compassion in Diana's difficulties to fit in royal life.

I had read in numerous books that Princess Margaret and Diana had a good relationship. The relationship soured on Margaret's side supposedly after the book and the Panaroma interview.:neutral: Don't know true that is?

I had read in numerous books that Princess Margaret and Diana had a good relationship. The relationship soured on Margaret's side supposedly after the book and the Panaroma interview.:neutral: Don't know true that is?

I've read that in a few books as well.

I read in Paul Burrell's A Royal Duty that Diana had a good relationship with the Duchess of Kent.

Margaret had a good relationship with her until the Panorama interview. She then threw a fit and ordered all books, magazines and personal photographs that showed Di's image to thrown out. When it was suggested that a statue be placed outside Kensington Palace, Margaret said, "I will not have that woman outside my window. The answer is no". The Duchess of Kent got on well with Di until she wouldn't convert to Catholicism apparantly. Princess Michael saw her for what she was and hence they never were particularly close. The Queen Mother didn't understand her at all. Princess Alexandra had long been friends with the Duchess of Cornwall and so didn't exactly see eye to eye with Diana though Angus Ogilvy was said to be closer.

Is that really true about Margaret not wanting a statue of Diana outside Kp.
And hardly anyone in the royal family has gotten along with Princess Michael she runs her trap too much.

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if Diana and Princess Michael didn't like each other, because not a lot of people in the royal family like her too much anyway.

It is indeed true about Margaret. As for Princess Michael, whether the Royals like her or not, she is a true Royal. Maybe that's why....oh why bother?

A true royal you say I'll believe that when I see it. I have more respect for Camilla than Princess Michael but lets not delve into that subject.
Did Princess Diana get along well with the Glousters? There was a picture of her with Lady Devina holding hands at windsor castle.

Well, you know what they say about pedigree. I don't think the Gloucesters saw that much of the Wales's to be honest. Certainly Princess Alice wouldn't have done. She didn't go to the funeral either did she?

I don't remember seeing Princess Alice at the funeral. The Gloucesters have indeed kept a low profile. I read somewhere that Charles was close to the late Prince William of Gloucester.

Yep. And that's why William was called William apparantly.

From everything that I can recall, I think that Diana had a good relationship with the Queen and Charles' immediate family (with the exception of Anne--and that was most likely because they just didn't have anything in common). As for Princess Michael, well, I've never read anything that would suggest that there was a close relationship there--but that lack of friendly relationship is really not an adequate reason for this forum to take the nasty turn of bashing Princess Michael. Let's just say that she is an original in many ways! As for Princess Margaret not wanting a statue of Diana--who knows? Makes for a good story, though.

Back
Top Bottom