The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Diana, Princess of Wales (1961-1997)

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-06-2013, 06:39 PM
Nobility

I can see that completely. Anne has no patience for drama and neediness and Diana could not get along with someone who just did not cater to her ways.

Disclaimer: My opinion. Lets not start another Diana war.

Old 10-06-2013, 06:44 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaryllus View Post
I can see that completely. Anne has no patience for drama and neediness and Diana could not get along with someone who just did not cater to her ways.

I would tend to agree with you - Princess Anne seems very no nonsense - in a good way - and in my opinion, I could see her rolling her eyes at Diana and the drama.

Old 10-06-2013, 07:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaryllus View Post

No war, this was nicely said and I think it is clear that Anne is not into drama; she will walk away from drama.

I think, just as a joke of for fun, some of the of the Queen's children should hug in public. They could spend the rest of their lives reading and chuckling over the press reaction. And yes, I know the family is not huggy. That's my point.

And before you say it, yes Will and Harry hug their dad and step mom. I know that and I know where it comes from.
Old 10-06-2013, 07:17 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andolini View Post
I would tend to agree with you - Princess Anne seems very no nonsense - in a good way - and in my opinion, I could see her rolling her eyes at Diana and the drama.
This is true Anne seems a no nonsense lady. Yet I remember reading at the time that of all the (adult) BRF Anne was the one who was openly weeping at Diana's funeral. Relationships among family members, especially after a divorce, are always multi-layered and complex.
Old 10-06-2013, 08:10 PM
Serene Highness

Can't really see Princess Anne and Diana getting along at all. That didn't necessarily mean that they hated or had a strong dislike for each other.

I would guess that Princess Diana and Prince Phillip didn't get along very well.

I imagine there are royals that don't like each other or have nothing in common with each other. They probably don't socialize or rarely socialize with each other. When it's not a family member, that's easy to do. What's difficult is when it's someone that's a member of you're family.
Old 10-06-2013, 08:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

Anne is a no nonsense person. Diana was needy and popular. Anne was just that woman in that "ugly" dress. Anne is not necessarily the epitome of warmth and kindness. On the other hand, she loves her father, more than the others, she is his favorite, she strives hard for her foundations, but it is a job and she does well at jobs.
Old 10-06-2013, 08:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

Regarding Anne and Diana, I agree. The two had completely different personalities and Anne certainly isn't a media-circus lady like Diana was. I've also always found it odd that Anne wasn't chosen as a godparent for neither William nor Harry (and that Andrew was chosen over her as a godparent for Harry; one would think that Anne would be the obvious choice as she seemingly is the sibling who is closest to Charles).

EDIT: Not implying that Diana was the only one choosing godparents, rather that the relationship between Diana and Anne could have been a factor. Come on now, this was not meant as a kickstarter for trouble

Old 10-06-2013, 08:24 PM
Nobility

It's sometimes the people, the quiet ones, who seem gruff, tough, insensitive, etc. who have the most depth of feeling and hurt and love most deeply.... showing it is not always easy for the 'still waters run deep' type.
Old 10-06-2013, 08:25 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by nascarlucy View Post
I would guess that Princess Diana and Prince Phillip didn't get along very well.
Given the warmth of the letters between Diana and Philip I am not sure I would bank on your statement as factual.
Old 10-06-2013, 08:28 PM
Serene Highness

Prince Andrew is closer in age to Diana (he's only a year older) which may have been a factor. Princess Ann is nearly 10 years old than Diana. If they didn't get along very well (Princess Ann and Princess Diana) this could be a factor as well when chosing a godparent. Usually you chose someone you like.
Old 10-06-2013, 08:32 PM
Heir Apparent

Are we assuming that Diana not Charles is responsible for Anne no being chosen as a godparent? I don't, I either Charles, advisers and Diana were the responsible for picking godparents.
Old 10-07-2013, 04:14 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by COUNTESS View Post
Anne is a no nonsense person. Diana was needy and popular. Anne was just that woman in that "ugly" dress. Anne is not necessarily the epitome of warmth and kindness. On the other hand, she loves her father, more than the others, she is his favorite, she strives hard for her foundations, but it is a job and she does well at jobs.
Anne is definitely no nonsense. It is also reported that she doesn't get along with Sophie either, but that could be down to age and very different personalities. Seems she wasn't too fond of her brothers' choices in wives! Did she get along with Sarah?
Old 10-07-2013, 05:37 AM
Serene Highness

I seem to recall that Anne did get on with Sarah due to their love of horses/riding. They had a common interest.

LaRae
Old 11-04-2013, 08:34 PM
Nobility

Diana and Anne were well?

Old 11-04-2013, 08:51 PM
Majesty

Diana and Anne did get along but the tabloids wanted to make them enemies.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 11-04-2013, 09:29 PM
Heir Apparent

This was taken at a service commemorating the war dead. It was appropriate that they looked very serious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blog Real View Post
Diana and Anne were well?

Tags
british royal family, diana princess of wales, diana's family, princess diana, relationships