The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-27-2016, 09:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
Chubb Fuddler has left the Forum.
Oh dear. I am so rarely here, didn't catch that in my reading just now. Sorry to hear it.

Old 09-20-2016, 12:26 PM
Heir Apparent

It occurred to me (JMO) while looking at Harry's current outing photos, that the Profile Logo of Diana is starting to look a bit dated. At lest, the hair looks dated.
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/...4372627025.jpg

Old 09-20-2016, 01:00 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
It occurred to me (JMO) while looking at Harry's current outing photos, that the Profile Logo of Diana is starting to look a bit dated. At lest, the hair looks dated.
That was her look when she died. A modern hair, etc., would be fake. I agree a bit dated and I always hated the "Queen postage stamp" logo. That was always a bit fake to me.
Old 09-22-2016, 04:23 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
How can it look dated? Its her hair at the time.
Old 01-12-2017, 12:13 PM
Heir Apparent

Diana Award ‏@DianaAward
The Diana Award presents 'The Inaugural Legacy Award' in memory of #PrincessDiana
https://twitter.com/DianaAward/statu...74850108923905

Diana Award ‏@DianaAward
This year we are launching the 'Inaugural Legacy Award' to mark the 20th Anniversary of Princess Diana's death
https://twitter.com/DianaAward/statu...75449043038208

Diana Award ‏@DianaAward
The award will be given to 20 exceptional young people who embody the late Princess’ qualities of compassion, kindness & service

Diana Award ‏@DianaAward
Our CEO @Ttall on the announcement of the Inaugural Legacy Award
https://twitter.com/DianaAward/statu...76134564270081
Old 01-12-2017, 02:50 PM
Imperial Majesty

Very exciting news:

Princes William and Harry support The Diana Award in honour of her 20th death anniversary | Daily Mail Online

A.W. TOZER
Old 01-12-2017, 04:29 PM
Heir Apparent

Fantastic I have said it previously, instead of some memorial concert or event, they should do an award or scholarship to honor Diana. It is great to see some form of that. It is great it's open to people all over. And I am genuinely interested to see those who end up receiving it.
Old 01-12-2017, 04:51 PM
Heir Apparent

I think this is an excellent idea and I also am looking forward to seeing who the recipients are. This is exactly the sort of thing that should be associated with Diana's name and heaven knows, compassion, caring and kindness are needed in today's world more than ever.
Old 01-12-2017, 05:40 PM
Majesty

This is very good news. Diana set a good example of kindness and compassion.
Old 01-12-2017, 06:15 PM
Serene Highness

I hoped there would be some events this year and I am very pleased to see this. It would be also fantastic to see an event with Kate, George and Charlotte

To be a legend, you've either got to be dead or excessively old!
Christopher Lee
Old 01-12-2017, 07:38 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fürstin Taxis View Post
I hoped there would be some events this year and I am very pleased to see this. It would be also fantastic to see an event with Kate, George and Charlotte
I think there might be. This award is just one event.

A.W. TOZER
Old 01-12-2017, 11:51 PM
Heir Apparent

It has been reported that they ruled out any major event.

Honestly thank you. It's time to move on. Unless you are her family or friends, this need for public mourning decades later is bordering ridiculous. If her fans want to remember, put on clips of her, drink some wine and toast her life. Or better yet, make a donation to one of the causes she loved.

The awards are the perfect tribute. A way to continue her humanitarian work.

But her brother is said to be doing an exhibit and some kind of gala to raise money for the award.
Old 01-13-2017, 12:11 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post

Honestly thank you. It's time to move on. Unless you are her family or friends, this need for public mourning decades later is bordering ridiculous. If her fans want to remember, put on clips of her, drink some wine and toast her life. Or better yet, make a donation to one of the causes she loved.

The awards are the perfect tribute. A way to continue her humanitarian work.

But her brother is said to be doing an exhibit and some kind of gala to raise money for the award.
It's going to a number of events to celebrate her life.

A.W. TOZER
Old 01-13-2017, 12:18 AM
Nobility

Quote:

If there is any event, the purpose is definitely not for mourning. What I hope is people who know about her life, can get some inspiration from her stories. By saying people who know about her life, I am not just talking about her families or her friends. I've never met her, but I can say for myself that I know quite a big knowledge about her, because she was such a public figure, and I do get a lot inspiration from her, especially the last year of her life.

Personally, I want to pay a tribute to her in my own way, too.
"Only a relative and fortunate few continue until the moment of death exploring the mystery of reality, ever enlarging and refining and redefining their understanding of the world and what is true..."
-- The Road Less Travelled
Old 01-13-2017, 12:38 AM
Heir Apparent

If you are inspired by her, do something. Volunteer. Donate.

A concert or event doesn't honor or remember her other than as some celebrity. How many decades does this idol worship need to continue? Thirty? Fifty? Until the older generation passes away and those left either don't remember her, care, or know who she was? There is a whole generation of people who have no idea who she is.
Old 01-13-2017, 12:58 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:

A concert or event doesn't honor or remember her other than as some celebrity. How many decades does this idol worship need to continue? Thirty? Fifty? Until the older generation passes away and those left either don't remember her, care, or know who she was? There is a whole generation of people who have no idea who she is.
William and Harry want to honor her and continue on her legacy. So does many people who remember and admired her.

No one is worshiping an idol.

It's true, there's a generation of people who don't know her. They'll come across her story in history books and I think it's good to teach kids about her and what she did in her short time here.

A.W. TOZER
Old 01-13-2017, 12:59 AM
Nobility

Quote:

No one is suggesting a concert to commemorate. Personally, I don't think it is appropriate. I can feel that you are quite angry with this commemoration of Diana. Yes there is a whole generation of people who have no idea who she is, but there are three generations people who are still living and know who she is.
"Only a relative and fortunate few continue until the moment of death exploring the mystery of reality, ever enlarging and refining and redefining their understanding of the world and what is true..."
Old 01-13-2017, 01:06 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
It's true, there's a generation of people who don't know her. They'll come across her story in history books and I think it's good to teach kids about her and what she did in her short time here.
Yes, that is what I think the best way to remember. But first of all, one have to make sure the history is correctly recorded.
Old 01-13-2017, 01:57 AM
Majesty

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
William and Harry want to honor her and continue on her legacy. So does many people who remember and admired her.

No one is worshiping an idol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anbrida View Post
No one is suggesting a concert to commemorate. Personally, I don't think it is appropriate. I can feel that you are quite angry with this commemoration of Diana. Yes there is a whole generation of people who have no idea who she is, but there are three generations people who are still living and know who she is.
I understand where Countessmeout is coming from because I feel the same and, while I can understand William and Harry wishing to honour her, I think that after 20 years they need to publically concentrate on their own lives and not continue to be defined by their deceased mother.

The fact that Diana has been dead for 20 years and most people under the age of 30 (or a whole generation) do not 'relate' to her in any way, is a definite drawback. Like it or not Diana was an attractive footnote in royal history as regards her personal 'legacy', namely Princes' William and Harry but, in the grand scheme of things, there are others, both royals and not, that have left a far greater and lasting charitable legacy.
Old 01-13-2017, 03:41 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by anbrida View Post
Yes, that is what I think the best way to remember. But first of all, one have to make sure the history is correctly recorded.
It's correctly recorded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nice Nofret View Post
Nothing mysterious about her death - a drunken driver and without security belt - it was a silly unnecessary death, of a silly woman who was playing games with the media and an equally silly and worthless playboy.

It is not 'historians' who love mystery - where there is non - but the media and 'the people'.

Her death came much too early, especially for her two young sons. In reality she was only a great loss to them - and of course the media, who lived of her silly antics.

The emotional loss felt by the public was imagined - they didn't know her, and she wasn't doing anything for them, except generating entertainment.
Diana had been Princess of Wales for 16 years. She traveled the world in her royal role. She met a great deal and touched many. For those who didn't meet her, felt like they did know her after all those years of her being around.

Now, the media did make some entertainment out of her passing, but her passing was widely felt. What added to the sadness was the fact that she left behind two kids whom she loved more than everything.

Also, she was a member of the British royal family. No matter how you feel about their popularity and history, the Windsor's are held in very high regard around the world. A senior member of the family dies, get married or coronated, the worlds attention turns to them. Something other European royals don't get. Some think it's weird, but I think it's an historical thing.

A.W. TOZER

Tags
diana princess of wales, legacy, memorial, princess diana