The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-02-2016, 09:15 PM
Courtier

Photo - shop pic making rounds on FB:
http://i67.tinypic.com/x4f8xv.jpg

Old 01-02-2016, 09:32 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes, it and others like it have been around for some time. It's not in the best of taste and really rather creepy but some people on the internet absolutely love these photoshop creations. I'm ambivalent about them, really.

I know it's only fanciful to imagine Diana's reaction to her grandchildren as she's dead, but I believe she would have adored them.

Old 01-02-2016, 09:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

Princess Diana's legacy and memory will be kept alive by her loving sons. They will not let her disappear from peoples mind. They are both carrying on causes that were dear to her and are and will always be vocal about what she meant to them. Some people are able to awaken something special in people, Diana is one of them, President Kennedy is another.
Old 01-03-2016, 06:30 AM
Courtier

The Prince's mentioned their late mother in an interview regarding their fathers work very recently. The impact of both of their parents on them as children. That in itself, in my humble opinion is part of her legacy.
Old 01-03-2016, 08:18 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotHRH View Post
Photo - shop pic making rounds on FB:
[ATTACH]
The photoshopper in question forgot that the Diana on this pic would now have been a lady of 54/55 years old...

Old 01-03-2016, 08:58 AM
Serene Highness

Reminds of the one where they stuck A middle aged Diana walking with Kate...
Old 01-03-2016, 09:13 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
A good caption for that photo would be "I'm much, much too young to be a grandmother!"
Old 01-03-2016, 09:22 AM
Heir Presumptive

It's fan-fiction isn't it? That's also a variation of "legacy" i guess, but the fiction will imo only last for one more generation
Old 01-03-2016, 09:40 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaryllus View Post
Reminds of the one where they stuck A middle aged Diana walking with Kate...
That was very creepy. Catherine had never met her, and outside of a throwaway comment during the engagement interview, I don't recall Catherine mentioning Diana.

It's somewhat acceptable for the media/fans to interject Diana into William and Harry's everyday lives, but I think it crosses the line to make her into Catherine/George/Charlotte's "shadow figure" that follows their every step.
Old 01-03-2016, 10:52 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
The photoshopper in question forgot that the Diana on this pic would now have been a lady of 54/55 years old...

Exactly - creepy because Diana appears to be around the same age, if not a few years younger, than Kate herself
Old 01-03-2016, 01:24 PM
Courtier

I wonder how those most closely related to the deceased feel about these photoshopped images?
Old 01-03-2016, 01:41 PM
Serene Highness

I am surprised they have not photoshopped her holding one of the children yet or actually in The wedding.
Old 01-03-2016, 02:34 PM
Majesty

This is quite macabre
Old 01-03-2016, 02:35 PM
Majesty

Quote:
I am surprised they have not photoshopped her holding one of the children yet or actually in The wedding.
Add to that picture an ethereal aura and some shimmering wings too. That'll complete the image for sure.
Old 01-03-2016, 02:50 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Oh but there are

Holding Charlotte
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/483081497506854203/

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/156359418290912047/
Old 01-03-2016, 05:08 PM
Serene Highness

That second one is just scary...
Old 01-03-2016, 05:38 PM
Majesty

Definitely entering the twilight zone there!
Old 01-03-2016, 08:18 PM
Royal Highness

These images are a form of stalking.

These type of images are usually created by stalkers.
A stalker usually places themselves in the photograph but in multiple incidences the stalker had placed another person with their 'victim'.

Are they obsessed with Charlotte?

There is a fine line from fan to fanatic.

Why are they replacing Catherine?

Did they insert images of Diana with her sons?
Or is this an obsession with Charlotte?
Did they insert images of Diana with George?
Or is this an obsession with Charlotte?

I would be interested in knowing what other photographs they have on their computer.
Old 01-03-2016, 08:33 PM
Majesty

That's an interesting bunch of questions that you've brought up but just from my viewpoint, I am more apt to believe these were done by true blue Diana fans that thought it might be nice to put Grandma Diana in some pictures with her grandchild. Why Charlotte more so than George or omitting Kate? My guess would be because Charlotte was named after Diana. For the second picture posted, you can see off to the side that is all about "Whats in a name".

I don't think there's overly much to be worried about but then again, one never knows these days.
Old 01-03-2016, 08:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

Why look at them ?? There are lots of crazy people leave them too it if it upsets you.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Tags
diana princess of wales, legacy, memorial, princess diana