The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-14-2015, 07:34 AM
Courtier

Perhaps Diana's legacy is that we are still discussing her? That says something about the impact she made and continues to make surely? She was human, good, bad, flawed, like us all?

Old 08-14-2015, 07:56 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeybees View Post
Perhaps Diana's legacy is that we are still discussing her? That says something about the impact she made and continues to make surely? She was human, good, bad, flawed, like us all?
Totally spot on IMO. I think it is even what Diana wanted: to be remembered and talked about for ever...

Old 08-14-2015, 08:02 AM
Courtier

Thank you. I believe part of why she is remembered so much is those of us who did grow up with her found her to be part of our daily life. She was in the media especially the newspapers on a daily basis, not always for her royal engagements but on many occasions, yes for her work. That woman had a work ethic she took seriously and I am aware DOC is in a different position, she is not married to the heir to the throne.
Old 08-14-2015, 12:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeybees View Post
Thank you. I believe part of why she is remembered so much is those of us who did grow up with her found her to be part of our daily life. She was in the media especially the newspapers on a daily basis, not always for her royal engagements but on many occasions, yes for her work. That woman had a work ethic she took seriously and I am aware DOC is in a different position, she is not married to the heir to the throne.

I remember too I was heart broken when she died. I still remember the shock of the news report ...accident .. Injured.. Then dead. Yes she wasn't perfect Nobody is !! I cried for her and her sons. As I have said before her boys show how much they loved and miss her all the time through words and actions. Every time Kate appears with Diana's ring on every photo that shows it speaks volumes

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 08-14-2015, 10:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Diana will live on in the hearts and memories of those who loved her and of those who admired her so much for the humanity she brought to royal life and royal duties. She won't be forgotten while those people live.
Old 10-16-2015, 06:58 PM
Heir Apparent

'People' piece on how Diana is constantly remembered by her sons.

How Prince William and Prince Harry Are Invoking Princess Diana's Memory : People.com
Old 10-16-2015, 07:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
'People' piece on how Diana is constantly remembered by her sons.

How Prince William and Prince Harry Are Invoking Princess Diana's Memory : People.com

Thank you for posting this, it's a lovely piece 💐

Old 10-26-2015, 05:57 AM
Heir Apparent

A piece by Newsweek on how women identified with Diana.

http://www.newsweek.com/princess-word-383470
Old 10-26-2015, 04:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
A piece by Newsweek on how women identified with Diana.

http://www.newsweek.com/princess-word-383470

Great piece Curryong thanks for posting

Old 10-26-2015, 04:36 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
Great piece Curryong thanks for posting

Thank you very much for posting, I appreciate it.
Old 10-26-2015, 04:44 PM
Heir Apparent

You're welcome, both of you. I liked the article very much.
Old 10-26-2015, 05:31 PM
Majesty

I think that my experience was different from that of the other women. I identified with her more when she was a very young woman and less so once she was in her 30s. Perhaps if I had gone through a separation and divorce, I'd feel differently. Her experience mirrored what was becoming increasingly common throughout the 80s and 90s: marriage breakdown.
Old 10-26-2015, 06:17 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes, I agree. However, even with women whose experiences didn't mirror hers, a bond seemed to be forged. Other women did feel an emotional connection that was suddenly cut with her death. It was strange and I've never seen it happen before or since, certainly with no other Royal.
Old 10-26-2015, 06:43 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
I think that my experience was different from that of the other women. I identified with her more when she was a very young woman and less so once she was in her 30s. Perhaps if I had gone through a separation and divorce, I'd feel differently. Her experience mirrored what was becoming increasingly common throughout the 80s and 90s: marriage breakdown.

At the time of her death I had no idea that in a couple of months I would be going though a separation But I still felt a huge connection and compassion for her.

Old 12-12-2015, 07:51 AM
Heir Apparent

Some more on the Diana legacy

Why the Princess Diana Tatler cover has already become a collectible - Telegraph
Old 12-12-2015, 07:58 AM
Majesty

Pfff... "What she could have thought of the Duchess of Cambridge"... Lay her every word in her mouth if you wish... She is not amongst us, she can not confirm it, she can not deny it, easily enough... Shoot for free, always win a prize...!

What a non-issue.
Old 12-12-2015, 02:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

I will be at my news agent seeing if I can pre order a copy. Looks like a lovely edition

Old 12-13-2015, 12:32 AM
Majesty

This article about Tatler's front page has left me feeling somewhat sad, and I'm not entirely sure why. I'd disagree that Diana seemed more mature at 33 than Katherine does. Diana did have a real magic about her that's indefinable. I just wish that she had discovered some real stability before she died and had a chance to settle down and be content.
Old 12-13-2015, 01:21 AM
Imperial Majesty

I too wish there was some stability in her life before her passing. She died before she was able to write another chapter in her life. Sadly I think it's one of the reasons why people have capitalized off of her life so much. She was never able to turn the page from her painful marriage years, and people have defined her as a total tragic story.

I think it's so important to remember her not just as a princess, but as a loving mom and humanitarian. William and Harry is making sure her legacy lives on, and that she's forever part of their lives.

A.W. TOZER
Old 12-13-2015, 07:15 AM
Super Moderator

I agree with the above, one of the saddest things about Diana's death was that her life at the time seemed rather chaotic and unsettled - a sort of crossroads I suppose. By now, all the problems of those last few years would surely have been forgotten about and the hype would have been more manageable and less intense.

Tags
diana princess of wales, legacy, memorial, princess diana