Diana's Friends, Lovers and Bodyguards

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
IMO, they had such different expectations of marriage that it would never have worked, Camilla or no Camilla.
Charles expected a more or less business arrangement, with (hopefully) a strong friendship to support it.
Diana bought into the fairytale.

Even though they had such different expectations for marriage Prince Charles wanted more then just friendship and a heir. And Princess Diana was so young and childishly in love with him.
I think if Diana, Princess of Wales did not get mentally sick and pregnant right away and if they got to know and nurture each other it might have worked.

Last edited by a moderator:
You could very well be right, georgiea. With the hormonal changes in pregnancy, the emotional instability might have become worse than it would have been otherwise. I think that Prince Charles simply wasn't used to dealing with an emotional woman. The women in his family were emotionally strong. The Queen was strong and in control of herself; The Queen Mother was a rock to her husband and carried on in the public sphere after her widowhood; Princess Anne was and is emotionally tough. So it could have been a real shock to his system to have a wife who was having such a hard time adjusting. The most mentally balanced woman in the world would have a hard time; so for a young adult woman from a broken home desperately in need of reassurance, it must have been horrible.

I think if Diana, Princess of Wales did not get mentally sick and pregnant right away and if they got to know and nurture each other it might have worked.

I'm reading Paul's book and I need to ask the names that came up besides the ones at the inquest of her so called "suitors" where in the world did they get those names from cause Paul apparently doesn't mention them by name was it just the press guessing who they may be?

Well I answered my own question in his second book he explains her relationships between some of the rumoured men.

Dodi Al Fayed..Was it serious?

Do you think Diana was serious about Dodi? :hmm: Was it just a summer fling like many say?

We will never know as the relationship ended tragically. But I hope she was in love with him at that time and this is what really counts.

Do you think Diana was serious about Dodi? :hmm: Was it just a summer fling like many say?

I don't think it was a fling, but I don't think they were in love yet either. The couple were dating about two months. The princess was rebounding from the relationship from Dr. Kahn's. She was scheduled to meet with Kahn when she got back from vacation. Some say she was using Mr. Fayd to get Dr. Kahn jealous. Dodi was engaged to be married and was still seeing his fiancee while with Diana. I think it might have turned serious, but they died. The person I feel sorry for is Dodi's fiancee. I don't know what happen to her. I hope she is married.

Dodi is the one I feel sorry for as he was being used by Diana to make Khan jealous and by his own father to get into the British elite - where his money could only open so many doors.

Dodi is the one I feel sorry for as he was being used by Diana to make Khan jealous and by his own father to get into the British elite - where his money could only open so many doors.

I don't feel sorry for Dodi. Dodi was using his father's money. If he did not want to be his father's pawn he should have grown up and become responsible.

He was still being used by both Diana and his father to get what they wanted regardless of how he might have been hurt. He died thanks to them using him. That is why I feel sorry for him - his father controlled the purse strings and so when his father said jump he jumped - as happens in a lot of Muslim families where father's word is law even when the children have grown up and left home. Diana didn't love him but simply was using him as well. This cost him a chance at happiness with his fiancee and his life.

They were all using each other. Its not Diana's fault that he died. I do not know if she loved him since I'm not her, but it did seem that she cared about him enough to give him her father's cuff links.

I am actually wondering what is doing the man who betrayed Lady Diana-James Hewitt.
Did he marry?As I understand he opened an Equestrian Academy on the money gained by his ridiculous book and became a millionaire.
I think one day he will feel great shame for what he did.I imagine that he fears to go away from the house as the people still hate him or maybe they forgot it,anyway he is very unpleasant man

I don't even believe it would qualify as a summer fling! I know I read somewhere that, according to some of her friends, she was already sick of him and planning to dump him shortly.

He was just a means to hit back at the RF, imo. I honestly don't think she cared for him at all, she just knew they'd be horrified.

They were all using each other. Its not Diana's fault that he died. I do not know if she loved him since I'm not her, but it did seem that she cared about him enough to give him her father's cuff links.

Agree sirhon.

I think that Diana and Dodi were alike in some ways and they probably had some kind of rapport with and understanding of each other based on their poor-little-rich-girl/boy lives. I don't mean that unkindly. They both had childhoods that were rather sad and were kindred spirits in that way. They might have remained friends even if there wasn't a long-term romantic relationship.

Dodi Al Fayed

The investigative journalist Tony Gosling who I work with told me that an MI6 agent (female) he speaks with has said that Dodi Al Fayed and his Father was considering running for presidential candidate in Egypt before he was killed in the car-crash or murdered. Is this known, and if not does this news add motive to the car crash. I would suspect Iranian-Shi-ite muslim active terrorists would be concerned about Princess Diana promoting Dodi's popularity as a potential candidate. Dodi s a Sunnite muslim. This would take the shadow of doubt from the royal family as Mr Fayed has implicated them in the murder. Did he not suspect an alternative reason?

I think that Diana and Dodi were alike in some ways and they probably had some kind of rapport with and understanding of each other based on their poor-little-rich-girl/boy lives. I don't mean that unkindly. They both had childhoods that were rather sad and were kindred spirits in that way. They might have remained friends even if there wasn't a long-term romantic relationship.

Mermaid I think your statement that both were alike in some ways might have made them become romantic. But they did not have enough time and we can go around and around guess what might have happened.:flowers:

I don't believe that the accident was anything other than an accident but that being said I have also always felt that too many people only assumed that Diana was the target rather than Dodi. Dodi and his father would certainly have been good targets in their own right.

However I do think it was an unfortunate accident and the people who died did so because they forgot to do something extrememly simply - they forgot to put on their seatbelts.

I don't believe that the accident was anything other than an accident but that being said I have also always felt that too many people only assumed that Diana was the target rather than Dodi. Dodi and his father would certainly have been good targets in their own right.

I've been saying the same thing for years. What would be accomplished in having Diana murdered?

I'm no expert on Shi-ite terrorism, but assassination-by-car-accident doesn't seem a likely method by that type of assassination squad. It's more likely that they would put a bomb in the car or bomb a building or drive a car full of explosives into something. They'd go for something big and dramatic that would kill many more people.

I would suspect Iranian-Shi-ite muslim active terrorists would be concerned about Princess Diana promoting Dodi's popularity as a potential candidate. Dodi s a Sunnite muslim.

The investigative journalist Tony Gosling who I work with told me that an MI6 agent (female) he speaks with has said that Dodi Al Fayed and his Father was considering running for presidential candidate in Egypt before he was killed
In which case the "investigative journalist" and/or the "MI6 agent (female)" were either talking through their hats or coming up with an idea for a comedy sketch.
The dissolute Dodi and the severely tarnished Mohammed Al Fayed on a joint ticket in the running for President of Egypt?
Oh please, where does this stuff come from. :wacko:

Wasn't it claimed at the inquest that she had given other men her father's cuff links (or what she declared as that) before? Seemed to me back then the old Lord left quite some cuff links, but then my father had more than one pair, too and he wasn't definately an Earl... :D

I'm not sure, but what on earth would Diana be doing with many pairs of her father's cuff links? :lol:

sirhon11234 said:
I'm not sure, but what on earth would Diana be doing with many pairs of her father's cuff links? :lol:

Apparently the answer is giving them as gifts to many men ....lol. (maybe)

I question the crediability of that.:lol: She has two sisters and a brother, for her to get all or a majority of the cufflinks and give them to male friends seems slightly odd.

Who was Princess Diana's True Love??

Concerning the thousands of pieces of information out there about Diana and her "men", i always have been fascinated as to who really had her heart. I understand the general opinion is that it was Hasnat Khan but i never bought that, something about him always has rubbed me up the wrong way, dont ask me to explain it because i cant no rational or logical reason just pure feeling and instinct and maybe because i didnt see life as a disney movie, i find the complexity of life more interesting and his and Diana's story feels a little too perfect and easy for me, and how after all these years he still loves her, hasn't sold his story etc etc, im glad as long as diana was happy but the constant saccharine portrayal of him makes me sick and somehow puts all the other people who cared about diana and who she cared about somehow less than him and he was above. I once saw a picture of him with Paul Burrell grinning like a chesire cat and it made me shudder. I stress this isn't about who we thought was indeed right for Diana but who i feel she truly loved.

i personally always have and always will believe she was madly and truly loved Prince Charles until the moment she died. I think she shouldn't have been but i never could shake the feeling that she ever wanted to let go of him and hoped all the way till the end. Now maybe im completely wrong and Diana's friends have said no way she loved him (i admit i haven't done much research)I saw a video of them at a event of Williams at his school and the were amicable at that point, they say goodbye and her drives away and there is a moment where she's watching him drive away and i t was moving because she kept her gaze on him looking longingly at him and looked so vulnerable around him. Shame the whole thing was a disaster because it could've been something great but it was always meant to be like this...

I'm a newbie so don't jump on me all at once :flowers: this is only my opinion :)

I'm not sure how she felt about Charles - I never saw any longing gazes at him or anything suggesting she was really, truly in love with him.
If Hasnat Khan wasn't her true love, then perhaps it was nobody. Some people really never have one.
I've never been a Diana fan, so I have never given this much thought. I think she wanted a soul mate, but never found one.

I share your feeling about Hasnat Khan. In his statement to the inquiry, he let it be known that they were having an affair but that he had no intention of marrying her--which seems a bit cold considering they had been seeing each other for a couple of years at least. It seemed like, early in their marriage, Charles looked at Diana more than he looked at her. If you look at their engagement interview and the interview just before their wedding, he was looking at her and referring to her and she wasn't reciprocating so often. I think that they likely had intense feelings for each other but just couldn't get along over the long term.

and how after all these years he still loves her, hasn't sold his story etc etc, im glad as long as diana was happy but the constant saccharine portrayal of him makes me sick and somehow puts all the other people who cared about diana and who she cared about somehow less than him and he was above.

Back
Top Bottom