The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-30-2007, 05:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

Location: Between the first and second floor of the Eiffel Tower, France
LOL , and I send mines to Germany . I know you didn't mean anything toward my view of the princess but it bothered me that people could think it was my opinion of Diana through the title I chose.

Please, help find a cure for ALS

Because it matters...
Old 11-30-2007, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhon11234 View Post
Al Fayed refuses to put some blame on the accident on himself. He' made outrageous claims against the royal family including Prince Philip, I don't think he's going to stop.
Well, surely once the verdict is in, any claims against the RF amount to libel?

Old 12-01-2007, 01:11 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Al Fayed refuses to put some blame on the accident on himself. He' made outrageous claims against the royal family including Prince Philip, I don't think he's going to stop.
Exactly and the thing that drives me nuts is that he changes the story 100 times so it's even more obvious that he doesn't know what he's talking about. Anyways back to the topic.
Old 12-01-2007, 10:05 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysbel View Post
That may be what al-Fayed says but I think his real reason is to bring Diana down a notch.

A lot of people were angry that the dirty al-Fayeds defiled their favorite fairytale princess. I think al-Fayed is just going to show that the fairytale princess that he and his son supposedly brought down wasn't as pure as driven snow when they met her and therefore he doesn't look so bad.

I don't think he's making a strong case that the Royals really did away with Diana.
but that doesn't make any sense. MAF's dream was to get his ticket to the upper echelons of society, hopefully thru the Queen. when that didn't work the next best thing was to go thru the mother of the future king...why would he want to bring her down a notch. diana was at the top of heap, bringing her down a notch would make her look less important and that would go against everything he wanted. no, mentioning her lovers doesn't bring her down a notch, i agree with the earlier post that it only serves to say that were other lovers.
Old 12-01-2007, 10:23 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess View Post
but that doesn't make any sense.
That's exactly the point. The fact that Diana may have had other lovers is hardly new, so the question that has to be asked is why did the Al Fayed legal team raise this as an issue at the Inquest? Since most of the named men had involvement with Diana prior to the divorce, it seems odd to be using former lovers as a reason for the Royal Family wishing to kill her after the marriage had legally ended. As with so much from the Al Fayed side, there appears to be little logic involved.
Old 12-01-2007, 12:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

Location: Between the first and second floor of the Eiffel Tower, France
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren View Post
That's exactly the point. The fact that Diana may have had other lovers is hardly new, so the question that has to be asked is why did the Al Fayed legal team raise this as an issue at the Inquest? Since most of the named men had involvement with Diana prior to the divorce, it seems odd to be using former lovers as a reason for the Royal Family wishing to kill her after the marriage had legally ended. As with so much from the Al Fayed side, there appears to be little logic involved.
It's like saying the Spencer would have killed Prince Charles because he had an affair with Camilla. It's crazy. And why killing her after all the bad was done ? It wouldn't have erased the affairs she had with her lovers nor the press scandals.

Please, help find a cure for ALS

Because it matters...
Old 12-01-2007, 06:18 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren View Post
i'd already pointed out that these names had been public knowledge for years. but saying that they were trying to bring her down a notch doesn't make any sense. yes the question is why would they bring them up again? we'll have to wait and see where that line of questioning goes.
Old 12-16-2007, 10:57 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
i'd already pointed out that these names had been public knowledge for years. but saying that they were trying to bring her down a notch doesn't make any sense. yes the question is why would they bring them up again? we'll have to wait and see where that line of questioning goes.
Now after the letters from Princess Diana and Dodi have come out it makes no sense to bring up all those other men. I don't know what al Fayed's lawyer were trying to accomplish, but to me it her hurt her family and fans. I just don't understand why they did it.
Old 12-22-2007, 02:15 AM

Richard Kay and Geoffrey Levy have written an interesting article about Hasnat Khan. I read it word for word and found it.... to be .... well, I suppose, one of those things that you go
A very tragic affair: The true story of Princess Diana and her heart surgeon lover | the Daily Mail
Old 12-22-2007, 02:30 AM
Serene Highness

Interesting article Casiraghi trio. Couple of things that strike me about it:
Diana's insecurities (combined with plain arrogance/selfishness, the result of always being treated 'royally'??) which manifested itself in her constant need for affirmation and attention. And that it was this combo that Khan eventually tired of. Can't say I blame him.

The fact she'd insist on speaking to him when he's busy fixing a patient's heart...can't say I'm surprised as it somehow squares with the very selfish seeming, self-occupied woman who talked to that rat of a Bashir in that infamous interview in 1995. In which she said her sons were the most important thing to her...the irony being the harm that was undoubtedly done to these same sons by giving such a revealing interview full of mud slinging to said sons' father, but anyhow.
That interview was when my personal 'love' affair with Diana died. She seemed like an insecure hollywood-star, who can't stand having been told to vacate the stage.

What I'm saying is...makes me realize Charles had a point to run for the hills being married to someone like that!

The other thing though that struck me in that article is that it claims that by the time Diana died, Khan no longer loved her. How would they know that? Khan being so discrete, he was hardly the type to vent these kinds of feelings.

I also don't like how he reportedly told his family he couldn't fathom marriage with her. So mean, coming from someone from his culture where courtship would lead to commitment, i.e. marriage. So if marriage was out of the question, what on the planet was he doing hanging out with her? Not fair to her, it seems to me.
Old 12-22-2007, 03:16 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
but that doesn't make any sense. MAF's dream was to get his ticket to the upper echelons of society, hopefully thru the Queen. when that didn't work the next best thing was to go thru the mother of the future king...why would he want to bring her down a notch. diana was at the top of heap, bringing her down a notch would make her look less important and that would go against everything he wanted. no, mentioning her lovers doesn't bring her down a notch, i agree with the earlier post that it only serves to say that were other lovers.
Sorry I just saw this post. I'm not sure whether al-Fayed was using Dodi's relationship with Diana to climb the echelons of British society or whether he was just thumbing his nose up at British society. I believe Diana's standing with the old guard and with the old aristocracy took a bit of a hit after the Panorama interview because she was seen as betraying her own kind to the masses. So a relationship with Diana I'm not sure would place the al-Fayeds in the upper echelons of society but it would be seen as a very good revenge.

However any good will the al-Fayeds ever drummed up in Britain disappeared when Diana died so I believe if al-Fayed ever had a reason to protect Diana's reputation before, he lost that reason when she and his son died.

But if the general impression was that Diana debased herself by associating with the al-Fayeds (and I have seen some reports that suggest that) then a good counteroffense to that accusation would be to assert that Diana wasn't that lofty in the first place. I think he's given up on being accepted by British society by now.

I hope that explains things a bit better.
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 12-22-2007, 07:22 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
I think he's given up on being accepted by British society by now.
He hasn't given up, he is trying to insinuate himself into Scottish society at the moment, probably with a view to getting in through the back door, so to speak! Trust me, there is no funnier site than Fayed dressed in full highland dress!

The only reason I can see for them mentioning Diana's other lovers, especially the 'and so on', is to show that as long as they were white English the RF had no problem with her affairs. The moment she looked 'serious' about an Egyptian muslim, they ordered her death.
Old 12-22-2007, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess olga View Post
Interesting article Casiraghi trio. Couple of things that strike me about it: ...
Princess Olga, I think I understand exactly how you feel! Diana behaved like a spoiled brat if that article is true. I was annoyed with her by the end of it. I totally sympathize with Dr. Khan running for the hills. And worse about Diana, how she stalked him after he made it clear it was over between them! Like a spoiled child, she could not accept the reality that she did not like!

I felt Diana came across badly in the Bashir interview too. Self-centered, pouty, controlling, "look at me, boo hoo, Diana The Victim." It was Diana's worst public moment, imo.

A lot of things coming out in the Inquest are turning me strongly more and more against Diana. I am liking her less and less day by day. I mean, I give her points for being courteous to Philip in the letters, but even those letters showed her to be so self-occupied. I mean, it was so nice of Philip to take time to write to her about her marriage; sure he had plenty of other things to do with his time than console her childish need for attention!!!!

Old 12-22-2007, 03:03 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

I think the fact that she was attracted to someone as unassuming and unpretentious as Hasmat Khan says a lot for Diana's growth. This tells me she was weaning herself away from flashy, suave men who would likely disappoint her and was willing to look for more than a title which she had as a young girl with Charles.

I think it shows that Diana was beginning to grow up and although the relationship with Hasnat didn't work out; that is not to say that she wouldn't have found later a similar relationship with a man who was not so shy of the limelight as Khan had been.

Khan may have loved Diana dearly but her fame would have killed his career as a heart surgeon and that is what he cared about more.
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 12-22-2007, 05:05 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
He hasn't given up, he is trying to insinuate himself into Scottish society at the moment, probably with a view to getting in through the back door, so to speak! Trust me, there is no funnier site than Fayed dressed in full highland dress!
Oh dear! I was an acquaintance of late Lady Dunnett (the novelist, wife of Sir Alaistair) and through her got to know The Ross Herald, Mr. Charles Burnett. We had once a very interesting conversation (at least I was fascinated - maybe he just indulged me!) about the way heraldry is viewed in Scotland. Thinking about that I think there is nothing more embarrassing than seeing an Egyptian in highland dress. I understood you have to earn the right to wear this traditional dress with such an abundance of historical meaning - how dare he!

While I was delighted to see that HRH The Duchess of Rothesay, princess of Scotland is herself descended from two Scottish princesses (and thus: kings!) and I wonder if she ever wore the tartan or a reminiscence of that family at one of her dresses in Scotland?
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 12-22-2007, 11:11 PM

Quote:
I think the fact that she was attracted to someone as unassuming and unpretentious as Hasmat Khan says a lot for Diana's growth.
She didn't grow up at all if that article is true. If the article is true, Diana was a stalker and obsessive with Hasnat Khan, and not a mature lover to him at all. This article, if true, would show a good reason why Charles and Hasnat both ran for the hills. I'd be scared of her too. You never know what a woman like that will do.
Old 12-23-2007, 04:37 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio View Post
You never what a woman like that will do.
Well, Oliver Hoare soon enough found out.
Old 12-23-2007, 10:22 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio View Post
She didn't grow up at all if that article is true. If the article is true, Diana was a stalker and obsessive with Hasnat Khan, and not a mature lover to him at all. This article, if true, would show a good reason why Charles and Hasnat both ran for the hills. I'd be scared at that crazy person (Diana) too. You never what a woman like that will do.
You're so right, CasiraghiTrio. Diana was not grown up yet and she still had a lot of problems. And yes I probably wouldn't have been her friend because I'd be too worried of getting caught in her unhealthy obsessiveness.

But what I meant is that at least with Hasnat Khan she was gravitating to someone who was more stable and more trustworthy. Previously she tended to reach out to people as unbalanced as herself and with company like that , its harder to get a healthy lifestyle going on. Her obsessiveness with Hasnat Khan was scary but one hopes that she had at least a glimmer of what a healthy, well-adjusted life was like and grew up a little in the process; although like you said, not enough to keep from some pretty obsessive behavior. If she got turned down by more men like Hasnat Khan there is a chance that at some point she would had reached down inside herself to try and figure out why such great men were not interested in her but of course, her untimely death prevented us from seeing whether that would really happen.

Quote:
Quote:

You never what a woman like that will do.
Well, Oliver Hoare soon enough found out.
I'm missing something here. What did Oliver Hoare find out?
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 12-23-2007, 10:23 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine View Post
Oh dear! I was an acquaintance of late Lady Dunnett (the novelist, wife of Sir Alaistair) and through her got to know The Ross Herald, Mr. Charles Burnett. We had once a very interesting conversation (at least I was fascinated - maybe he just indulged me!) about the way heraldry is viewed in Scotland. Thinking about that I think there is nothing more embarrassing than seeing an Egyptian in highland dress. I understood you have to earn the right to wear this traditional dress with such an abundance of historical meaning - how dare he!

While I was delighted to see that HRH The Duchess of Rothesay, princess of Scotland is herself descended from two Scottish princesses (and thus: kings!) and I wonder if she ever wore the tartan or a reminiscence of that family at one of her dresses in Scotland?
Wearing of the tartan is very important to the scots. There is nothing funnier but insulting than to see someone with very distant and unlikely heritage claiming he/she has every right to wear such and such a tartan because his/her great, great, great, great, great cousin 15 times removed was a scot. We call them the plastic scots!

When it is proven that someone has true Scottish descent like Camilla, the Clan Chief will often gift an item in the tartan which would be worn privately, especially when there is the expectation of the Royal Tartans for public events.

Fayed feels no shame at anything he does, that is abundantly clear, in his efforts to 'hit out' at the Royal Family by using the death of Diana in his campaign.
Old 12-23-2007, 10:30 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
I'm missing something here. What did Oliver Hoare find out?
Oliver Hoare was the chap who she pursued after the affair was over. She is reputed to have made over 300 nuisance calls to his home. "A police investigation showed they were made from phones in Kensington Palace, where Diana lives, from pay phones near the palace, from Diana's car phone and from the home of her sister, Lady Sarah McCorquodale". The calls only stopped, it was alleged when Hoare threatened to take out an injunction against Diana.

Tags
barry mannakee, bodyguards, diana princess of wales, dodi fayed, extramarital affair, friends, hasnat khan, lady diana spencer, oliver hoare, princess diana