The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-29-2007, 06:37 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOSSEAN View Post
... but if it serves their agenda to discredit her then nothing will stop them.
[my bolding] Not "their" or "them" but Mohammed Al Fayed and his legal team. Yet another example of the grubby manner in which Al Fayed conducts his agenda.

Old 11-29-2007, 09:55 PM
Nobility

Thanks Warren. I agree with your correction.

Old 11-30-2007, 05:24 AM
Administrator

I've taken out a couple of posts discussing Charles and Diana's marriage.
As this thread was prompted by the Al Fayed lawyers naming Diana's alleged "other men" at the Inquest, we should confine the discussion to that subject.

thanks,
Warren
British Forums moderator
Old 11-30-2007, 06:03 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren View Post
I've taken out a couple of posts discussing Charles and Diana's marriage.
As this thread was prompted by the Al Fayed lawyers naming Diana's alleged "other men" at the Inquest, we should confine the discussion to that subject.

thanks,
Warren
British Forums moderator
I don't like the title of this thread at all... It makes Diana into a lind of maneater and while I'm known to have only very little respect for the late princess I still don't believe she was such a callous and promiscuous person. She had a difficult character and was unfortunate in the choice of her male companions but a whore she was not, I believe.
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 11-30-2007, 08:08 AM
Royal Highness

my point is that i don't think this information drags her name thru the mud or discredits her character. how could it do all that now if it didn't do it when she was alive. this is old information.
Old 11-30-2007, 08:33 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine View Post
I don't like the title of this thread at all...
The thread title was made by member TheTruth and is the heading of her opening post.
Old 11-30-2007, 09:13 AM

I think the given is that it's not allowed to talk about Diana's other partners is an old one and is increasingly frustrating. It's long been a double standard that every detail of Charles's life has been played out in the press whilst Diana was protected - we knew about these men but excuses have always been made. What the latest story does is openly admit that there were lovers who were simply that - lovers. And the fanzines can't handle it. As to whether their names should be included in an inquest, well, yes they should. The claim by Al Fayed is that the Royal Family killed her because they disapproved of her lifestyle and plans to marry his son. Therefore, the court needs to know what her lifestyle was and that includes her relationships. It's a matter of course.
Old 11-30-2007, 09:55 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

That may be what al-Fayed says but I think his real reason is to bring Diana down a notch.

A lot of people were angry that the dirty al-Fayeds defiled their favorite fairytale princess. I think al-Fayed is just going to show that the fairytale princess that he and his son supposedly brought down wasn't as pure as driven snow when they met her and therefore he doesn't look so bad.

I don't think he's making a strong case that the Royals really did away with Diana.
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 11-30-2007, 09:58 AM

He isn't making a strong case at all but the allegation is there and if they're doing this inquest, they may as well do it properly and entertain every nutter's theory.
Old 11-30-2007, 10:10 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Right. If this were Diana No-Name we were talking about rather than Diana, Princess of Wales, everything would have been much more low-key and the inquest wouldn't have had a jury. It would have all probably been over sooner than 10 years after the death.

All this inquest is doing is causing a needless distraction for Diana's loved ones and making some lawyers a lot of money.
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 11-30-2007, 11:42 AM
Heir Presumptive

Location: Between the first and second floor of the Eiffel Tower, France
Quote:
I don't like the title of this thread at all... It makes Diana into a lind of maneater and while I'm known to have only very little respect for the late princess I still don't believe she was such a callous and promiscuous person. She had a difficult character and was unfortunate in the choice of her male companions but a whore she was not, I believe.
I'm sorry Jo if you understood this title like an accusation or an insult, I didn't mean it this way. Like Warren said, it was just to illustrate the article and the subject. I don't mind if you want to change it, perhaps you'll have to ask a Moderator. It was not my intention to shock by calling the thread like that, I actually wanted to express the scorful tone which was used to state them.

Please, help find a cure for ALS

Because it matters...
Old 11-30-2007, 11:57 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
You read my mind, and took the very words out of my mouth. I cringed when I read the title of this thread!
Old 11-30-2007, 12:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

Location: Between the first and second floor of the Eiffel Tower, France
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaDreamin View Post
You read my mind, and took the very words out of my mouth. I cringed when I read the title of this thread!
I apologize if my choice of title disturbs so many of you but that's what came to my mind while reading the report of the shocking (IMO) statement. Like I said below, we can always change it.

Please, help find a cure for ALS

Because it matters...
Old 11-30-2007, 12:11 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTruth View Post
I apologize if my choice of title disturbs so many of you but that's what came to my mind while reading the report of the shocking (IMO) statement. Like I said below, we can always change it.
Please don't apologize to me. I am sure you were not being spiteful at all.
Old 11-30-2007, 12:48 PM
Royal Highness

There is no need to change the title of thread--it conveys the point of what we are discussing here very accurately--whether or not the inclusion of Diana's lovers has relevence in this context. I have to agree with BeatrixFan because the claim is that due to Diana's lifestyle the Royal Family had her murdered; her relationships with men were part of her lifestyle so there is relevance in bringing it up.
That being said, she was unhappy in her marriage, she and her husband couldn't work it out, both had extramarital relationships, they divorced, and then had relationships after that. We can't really discount or discredit this information because it is true. I think that what so many people are upset about is that for long everyone has made Prince Charles and Camilla out to be the ones who were sneaky and furtive in their relationship, and now it has come out that Diana was behaving similarily and everyone's view of her being the victim is being shown to be not quite true.
All that being said, it must be hard on the boys to hear these things about their mother, who regardless of her personal life, was an exemplary mother.

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 11-30-2007, 03:12 PM
Heir Apparent

I apologize for my previous post and having to refer to Charles I did not mean it in any negative way but my point that I was trying to make was as many have said she wasn't perfect and I agree with many here that naming all these men in my opinion has nothing to do with the inquest.
Old 11-30-2007, 03:30 PM
Royal Highness

I"m sure I'm going to get flogged for this, but why is this inquest still going on? Does anyone out here really, truly, honestly believe that the Royal Family had the mother, beloved by all, of a future Monarch killed? It boggles my mind that everything has come this far.

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 11-30-2007, 03:57 PM

It's something I've said for yonks Janet. And as if this will stop conspiracy theories. Those who say she was killed will just say the jury were bribed or the court was ordered to give an accidental death verdict by the establishment.
Old 11-30-2007, 04:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

Al Fayed refuses to put some blame on the accident on himself. He' made outrageous claims against the royal family including Prince Philip, I don't think he's going to stop.
Old 11-30-2007, 04:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTruth View Post
I'm sorry Jo if you understood this title like an accusation or an insult, I didn't mean it this way. Like Warren said, it was just to illustrate the article and the subject. I don't mind if you want to change it, perhaps you'll have to ask a Moderator. It was not my intention to shock by calling the thread like that, I actually wanted to express the scorful tone which was used to state them.
TheTruth, really, it was not meant as an accusation. But just as a statement of emotion and nothing personal at all.

I know you're much more positively inclined towards the late princess than I am - so how could I have blieved for a moment that you meant it the way I described?

But it's true that I feel that way when it is presented at the Inquest as it is, as if the late princess was a Royal whore whose history now can be submitteld to scaveninging...

I have the feeling we're in accord when it comes to this so I send greetings to France!

'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.

Tags
barry mannakee, bodyguards, diana princess of wales, dodi fayed, extramarital affair, friends, hasnat khan, lady diana spencer, oliver hoare, princess diana