The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-29-2018, 04:57 AM
Heir Apparent

That's not what the evidence seems to me to say. It seems that Barry M's head was turned by the flirtation with Diana, and I can believe there was an affair.. or something physical.. that might have soon become an affair. And that the Police and Chalres would have gotten hm transferred quietly whatever happened... Ther is no evidence that Manakee asked for a transfer.. It seems more probably to me that he was removed quietly.

Old 03-29-2018, 05:27 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Without facts and knowing Diana's penchant for exaggerating details, its unfair to assume that Mannakee was at fault. We just know that Mannakee was transfered out of being in service to Diana. We only have Diana's word on what her relationship with Mannakee was. Ken Wharfe was in her service and we know more about that relationship because he's related in a book about events and things that happened during his time with her.

No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 03-29-2018, 05:35 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Without facts and knowing Diana's penchant for exaggerating details, its unfair to assume that Mannakee was at fault. We just know that Mannakee was transfered out of being in service to Diana. We only have Diana's word on what her relationship with Mannakee was. Ken Wharfe was in her service and we know more about that relationship because he's related in a book about events and things that happened during his time with her.
Sincer it is some time since I read part of Wharfe's book I can't remember anything he said about Manakee. Tina Brown's book whch is I think reasonably detailed and well researched, states that she believes there was an affair..and that Barry M was attracted to Diana...and that he let the fact that she was confiding In him and attracted by him, go to his head...
Old 03-29-2018, 06:29 AM
Imperial Majesty

I think, in most cases, the picture was painted that every male on the planet was ready and willing to fall victim to Diana's charm. I do believe though that there was a companionship and a good relationship that did develop between Manakee and Diana and Diana did find a port in storm during the rude awakenings of how her marriage was to be. Whether or not it ever developed into a romantic relationship is anybody's guess.

Its very possible that a man and a woman can be close, intimate friends without a romantic entanglement or "affair" attached to it. For all we know, Diana could have seen Mannakee as the "big brother" she never had and someone she could always turn to. I've no doubt that Diana felt what could be termed as "love" for the man as she's even stated that she did and broke down in tears when she got the news of his death.

In fact, I'm going to wager that its a close, intimate friendship with a member of the opposite sex that is even more threatening than a sexual fling to a partner in a marriage. Its also a very good, solid basis for a marriage if both partners have that kind of close, intimate friendship. Both Charles and Diana never found that with each other at all. They were too different.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

Old 03-29-2018, 06:41 AM
Heir Apparent

True but I think that whether the 2 had a close friendship or something more sexual, the powers that be would be unnerved by such a relationship between Diana and her PPO. Diana was obviously volaitile and very unhappy, and it was an explosive situation. And he was not considered of the status that the RF could overlook their affair and let her get on with it if she was discreet. SO I think that Charles and the Police and PTB in general would have acted to terminate it. I don't see why you don't believe that Barry M was attracted by Diana. She was a beautiful young woman, he was close to her.. and the evidence does seem to indiciate that he wasn't indifferent ot her as a woman... and IMO it was very likely that he would be flattered by her showing him attention and confiding in him and possibly making flirtatious advances. If he had been someone who didn't want to get involved and who had in effect avoid or spurned Dianas friendship, and requested a transfer I'm sure that would have come out by now...
Old 03-29-2018, 07:05 AM
Imperial Majesty

As I said, we only have a few people's word on what supposedly happened and no real facts. No one really knows for sure what happened and what the machinations of the transfer were.

At this point in time, it doesn't really matter at all.

Old 03-29-2018, 11:06 PM
Courtier

Maybe this is old news but Lisa Oldfield claims Paul Burrell told her Diana had an affair with Bryan Adams:

Bryan Adams 'would sneak to Kensington Palace to see Princess Diana' | Daily Mail Online
Old 03-30-2018, 12:19 AM
Courtier

There are sources other than Diana who have described Barry Mannakee's dismissal. The reported grounds for his dismissal were not due to something Diana said, rather Diana and Mannakee were seen in a "compromising situation," and prior to there were alleged incidents and interactions that raised eyebrows.
Old 03-30-2018, 05:56 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Claude View Post
There are sources other than Diana who have described Barry Mannakee's dismissal. The reported grounds for his dismissal were not due to something Diana said, rather Diana and Mannakee were seen in a "compromising situation," and prior to there were alleged incidents and interactions that raised eyebrows.
I think that there is deifintely enough hints that there was "something" going on.. and NO evidence that he quietly asked for a transfer. If he had, I'm sure his wife would have said "there was nothing in the relationship but to avoid gossip, Barry wanted to move to another job"... or " he had just run his course in that job and wanted to move elsewhere". I think it was sexual in the sense of flirty and they were too close and the PTB felt it was a volaitile situation and moved him.
Old 03-31-2018, 12:14 AM
Gentry

Burrell makes a plausible argument about Diana's admiration for Jackie Kennedy and a whimsical notion, fantasy she entertained about becoming 'First Lady'. Teddy Forstmann being someone she had a fondness and friendship with around '94, and some predicting that he could win the Presidency. Remodeling the Whitehouse captivated her and Lucia De Flecha's interest, while embracing both DC, and New York culture.

A good sized irony is that the 'dream' or whatever it was, would actually have occurred -- had she accepted several overtures, packages of flowers, sometime later from Donald Trump. Instead, with misgivings she took the advice of a friend to simply ignore the large floral arrangements, in hopes they "would stop", which they did.

Of course, a chemistry must be there in a mutual way, but otherwise substituting Trump for Forstmann, and all things being equal in a parallel universe.. Ladies and gentlemen --

First Lady ! ! ! !

Old 03-31-2018, 06:34 AM
Heir Apparent

I don't really see it happening. She was friendly with Teddy forstman, clearly Trump repelled her.....
Old 03-31-2018, 09:42 AM
Imperial Majesty

Now that is piecing together some fantastic alternate history.

Diana and Trump would have been over and kaput in a New York minute. From what we know of Diana, she was a person that wanted and needed a partner that could devote a lot of time and attention to her and make her his world. That is not a characteristic that I think one would apply to The Donald by a long shot.

Old 03-31-2018, 05:32 PM
Majesty

I don't think that she ever really matured out of her teenage, Barbara-Cartland-hero thinking. Because of that, she didn't take much time for reflection between relationships.

Quote:
Perhaps her expectations going into a relationship were too high. Each new relationship promises that eternal love and adoration and doting on one's "darling" until the end of time. Reality tends to sink in and throw a monkey wrench into the works and that's when the work to maintain a relationship begins. I don't believe that Diana knew how to deal with monkey wrenches .
Old 03-31-2018, 05:35 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
I don't really see it happening. She was friendly with Teddy forstman, clearly Trump repelled her.....
Certainly not the ideal right guy, which if not mistaken tended to be an outwardly reserved fellow. For all the romance novels she digested, her choices seemed to center on warm, cuddly, reserved personas and rejecting outright 'alpha male' types for lack of a better term.

Quote:
From what we know of Diana, she was a person that wanted and needed a partner that could devote a lot of time and attention to her and make her his world.
Right on the benchmark. There is an undercurrent or foundation reminiscent of a 'today's gal'. . .feminist trait residing within her character. The rigors of high maintenance, control oriented stuff that made her life a real challenge. When she received her humanitarian award, Trump sat across from her with then wife Marla, offering Diana a golf membership (Mar a Lago).

Melania has been a sensational First Lady. But it's mind boggling to realize the opportunity Diana had in front of her as one fairy tale came to a close, and another was possible.
Old 03-31-2018, 05:41 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
I don't think that she ever really matured out of her teenage, Barbara-Cartland-hero thinking. Because of that, she didn't take much time for reflection between relationships.
Well said.

Old 04-06-2018, 03:24 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gawin View Post
..Lisa Oldfield claims Paul Burrell told her Diana had an affair with Bryan Adams:
The story that is waiting to be told....

Old 04-06-2018, 11:18 PM
Majesty

I think Paul Burrell should just shut up about Diana's love life and his part in supposedly conciliating it. It's been over twenty years, Paul, do something else with your life. Easy to say anything when one of the participants is dead, IMO.

And fantasy gets in the way when contemplating Diana with various famous men. Look at JFKjnr and Diana. There was a meeting between the two, so then there was a passionate one night stand then a full blown affair, according to trash media. When the subject of who Diana might have married if she'd lived the vision of Diana and JFKjnr in the White House is one that has often been evoked.
Old 09-11-2018, 01:45 AM
Heir Apparent

Oliver Hoare dies of cancer at age 73.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/worldn...ged-73-france/

Quote:
PRINCESS Diana's art dealer lover Oliver Hoare has died aged 73 in France, according to reports.
The married dad-of-three was a friend of Charles and began an affair with the princess after her dad died in 1992.
Old 09-11-2018, 02:06 PM
Majesty

Another chapter in the history of Diana, Princess of Wales has closed. My condolences and sympathies to his loved ones.
Old 09-11-2018, 02:29 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLK View Post
Oliver Hoare dies of cancer at age 73.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/worldn...ged-73-france/
That is rather a shock.. I didn't realise he was that old. Though I suppose he was a friend of Charles' and so problaby around the same age or older...

Tags
barry mannakee, bodyguards, diana princess of wales, dodi fayed, extramarital affair, friends, hasnat khan, lady diana spencer, oliver hoare, princess diana