The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-24-2012, 08:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Why would we want to 'cure' our daughter's Down's Syndrome when we love her just the way she is?:
Why would we want to 'cure' our daughter's Down's Syndrome when we love her just the way she is? | Mail Online

Rosa Monckton was a vey close friend of the late Princess of Wales and Diana was the Godmother of Rosa's daughter, Domenica Lawson.
Love that pic of Diana with Dominica.

Old 01-06-2013, 11:46 AM
Heir Presumptive

Anna Pasternak: The ridiculed writer linked to Diana's lover | Mail Online

Old 01-06-2013, 12:26 PM
Serene Highness

All the money that is made speculating on the "true" relationship of Charles and Diana!
Old 01-07-2013, 06:00 PM
Royal Highness

Did not know Anna Pasternak's bio. What a unhappy woman looking for love just like Diana. Hope some day she realizes that she is hurting people for money.
Old 01-08-2013, 03:09 AM
Courtier

Revealed: Mystery rival to Prince Charles pictured relaxing with Lady Diana in 1979 is Old Etonian aristocrat Adam Russell | Mail Online

Diana looks much younger than 19.
Old 01-08-2013, 05:23 AM
Majesty

She was only 17 or 18 when the photos was taken as it was taken in 1979. We aren't told whether it was early in 1979 or late hence why I say she was 17/18.

The photo was then sold to one of the daily rags two days after the engagement announcement and for some reason they decided that it wouldn't suit the image they were creating of the innocent young girl who had won the heart of the heir to the throne if she was seen laying down next to another male.
Old 01-20-2013, 05:31 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad_Jennifer View Post
i personally always have and always will believe she was madly and truly loved Prince Charles until the moment she died.
I believe that too, I think she always kinda wanted him back.
I also feel the same way as you feel about Hasnat. I've never warmed to him. I'm sure he's a lovely man, but something about him I just don't like. I can't explain it, but I've felt that way for quite a while.

(First post, hello everyone! )
Old 01-24-2013, 03:18 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiea View Post

Did not know Anna Pasternak's bio. What a unhappy woman looking for love just like Diana. Hope some day she realizes that she is hurting people for money.
She authored "Princess in Love" which was Hewitt's betrayal of Diana, exposing his affair with her.
Old 04-19-2013, 02:24 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassie View Post
I believe Anne Beckwith-Smith works for a prestigious art gallery in London. I imagine she's getting close to retirement as she was ten years older than Diana.
Anne Honor Mary Beckwith-Smith was born on December 4, 1951. Beckwith-Smith works in the Development Office of the Tate in London. Her title is "Head of Campaigns " and she is a major fundraiser for the museum. She was invested as a Lieutenant of the Royal Victorian Order in 1990 and has never spoken publicly about her years as lady-in-waiting and personal assistant to Diana. The Prince of Wales was represented by Miss Anne Beckwith-Smith in 2005 at the Funeral of Mr Dudley Poplak, the South African born interior designer who was responsible for the Highgrove make-over in 1981. Anne was a first cousin of the late Carolyn Beckwith-Smith who was Sarah Ferguson's flatmate. Carolyn left a young family of three when she died in October 2001, only 17 months after discovering a mole on her foot was melanoma (skin cancer.) Carolyn was godmother to Princess Beatrice.

Here is a picture of Anne from 2012 with David Tang.
Sir David Tang And Anne Beckwith Smith Attend The Turner

Another picture of her at the Tate attending a Henry Moore exhibit.
Dafydd Jones :: LORD BROWNE; ANNE BECKWITH-SMITH, Henry Moore, Tate Britain. London. 22 February 2010
Old 04-19-2013, 03:08 PM
Majesty

I do remember Miss Anne Beckwith-Smith. I wondered what happened to her.
Old 04-19-2013, 03:19 PM
Royal Highness

[QUOTE=Lindy;1541272]Anne Honor Mary Beckwith-Smith was born on December 4, 1951. Beckwith-Smith works in the Development Office of the Tate in London. Her title is "Head of Campaigns " and she is a major fundraiser for the museum. She was invested as a Lieutenant of the Royal Victorian Order in 1990 and has never spoken publicly about her years as lady-in-waiting and personal assistant to Diana.

What a great lady,I am happy to hear that some of Diana´s former assistants did have the good manners to not talk about the Princess in public,this is very rare!
In the pictures & from what little I know about her, she seems like a kind & hard-working person with good moral principles
. Helen Keller
Old 08-01-2013, 12:01 AM
Heir Presumptive

This was already established but...
Princess Diana was
Old 08-01-2013, 07:31 PM
Heir Apparent

Awesome article. Beautiful photos.
Old 08-01-2013, 09:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

It may have been a wonderful marriage. She loved him and he her. He was giving and caring, something she needed and was not used to. She married into the "me first family". What would have happened, I do not know, nor does anyone.
Old 08-02-2013, 09:46 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by COUNTESS View Post
It may have been a wonderful marriage. She loved him and he her. He was giving and caring, something she needed and was not used to. She married into the "me first family". What would have happened, I do not know, nor does anyone.
Diana as well could NEVER give and care. She was as ME FIRST as the family you mentioned. Unless she married a 70-year old billionaire with 3 exes ad 5 kids, who has absolutely nothing to expect from her except for being an arm-candy, no marriage would have been "wonderful" with her..
Old 08-02-2013, 10:09 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by COUNTESS View Post
I think vkrish's response is a little harsh, but I don't understand your post. Why do you think they broke up? I'm not asking what you think may have happened if she was still here, but we know they broke up: she was with Dodi when she died. What was the reason for the breakup if it would have been a wonderful marriage, they loved each other and he was giving her everything she needed?
Old 08-02-2013, 10:26 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkrish View Post
Diana as well could NEVER give and care. She was as ME FIRST as the family you mentioned.
Was she me first when she showed compassion for AIDS victims at a time when they were literally untouchable? How about when she visited landline victims and tried to get the mines outlawed? How about all the times she quietly visited hospitals without the media knowing so the patients and their families could have privacy. It's completely ridiculous to say she didn't give and care.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkrish View Post
Diana as well could NEVER give and care. She was as ME FIRST as the family you mentioned.
Really, she could NEVER give and care? How about when she visited and held the hands of AIDS patients when no royal would even say the word AIDS? How about when she held people terribly mutilated by land mines and tried to help get land mines outlawed? How about when she would quietly go to hospitals and old age homes in the evening to comfort patients or visit the elderly without anyone else knowing?

You can say a lot of things about Diana, but NEVER giving and caring isnt one of them.
Old 08-02-2013, 10:35 AM
Heir Apparent

I don't believe she would have left her sons in England and move to Pakistan permanently!
Old 08-02-2013, 10:42 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biri View Post
I don't believe she would have left her sons in England and move to Pakistan permanently!
I agree that was a, if not THE, major obstacle to their marriage. But Tina Brown also describes Diana as calling him as much as 20 times a day, planning a secret wedding without talking to him, and trying to arrange for him to work with a South African clinic.

Obviously, Dr. Khan loved her, but I also think Diana's mental illness (NOTE: mental illness is a medical condition, not an insult) was also a big issue for them. I just don't see any relationship working out as long as she didn't address her problems. I like to think she would have successfully sought treatment though.
Old 08-02-2013, 12:06 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter View Post
Was she me first when she showed compassion for AIDS victims...
You are raising a totally different point..
Holding a stranger's hand for a moment and expressing sympathy is totally different from living in a marriage with a person lifelong, understanding, caring and supporting him..

I completely understand Dr Khan's reluctance to marry Diana. Seriously, can any doctor in the world WORK, having a wife calling him 20 times a day..No way. Upon that..heart surgeons! Sometimes they even forget their wives exist.. I really wonder how she thought it will work out..Really childish..

And from his career point of view..He will just be potrayed in media and society as her latest arm-candy. I dont think she would have stayed away from media or her "charity" once they married. She would take him to all balls/events/galas and if he doesnt come she again becomes a cry-baby. Then it will be such a terrible distraction for him..All the struggle he has undergone in his life to accomplish this and now he would not be able to focus at all.

So it is never good from aspects of either of them. I commend him for being sensible and not jumping at the oppurtunity of marrying the angel..

Tags
barry mannakee, bodyguards, diana princess of wales, dodi fayed, extramarital affair, friends, hasnat khan, lady diana spencer, oliver hoare, princess diana