Diana's Friends, Lovers and Bodyguards

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm somehow thinking, if, Diana and Dr. Khan had stayed together and even got married, I think he would've stayed in London and worked from there. I just think the arrangement would've been that way. I think it would've been very important for Diana to be close to her children and for her to carry out official engagements.

I'm somehow thinking, if, Diana and Dr. Khan had stayed together and even got married, I think he would've stayed in London and worked from there. I just think the arrangement would've been that way. I think it would've been very important for Diana to be close to her children and for her to carry out official engagements.

I think so too, which would have meant that he would have had to live under the media microscope. I just don't think it would have worked out.

...But one of the reasons that so much has been written about her personal life is she made it a public issue...
Oh, the fact that she talked publicly about her personal life certainly didn't help in terms of privacy both during her life and after her death (I think she seriously lacked the ability to think through the consequences of making such revelations, among other things). At the same time, as someone who reads and keeps up with biographies written of all kinds of people, it also seems that putting the microscope on someone's private life (especially if something scandalous can be found or even made up) is always popular, whether that person talked openly about their personal lives or not. But I mean that in terms of how one is perceived in posterity - during her life, it was all quite a mess.

From what I see, though, I think she is mostly viewed by the media in positive terms (certainly in the US, she is). I'm not saying I agree or disagree with it - I think she was a good mother to the extent that she was capable, and I think her probably biggest achievement in terms of charity work was the fact that she was able to attract so much attention to her causes (she didn't necessarily do the most work or the hardest work but when she did something, people paid attention).

Diana was a mixed bag and, I think, a confused person in so many areas of her life, but I guess that's part of what makes her so interesting to discuss.

Last edited by a moderator:
She was human so she wasn't perfect but William & Harry have no problem telling the world that she was a good mother. I don't think she did anything to hurt them though. I think they are old enough to understand that their mother and father had needs that needed to be met and wanted some love and affection.

Look, what everyone seemed to miss in my statements, is that Diana was childish and insecure. She married a man who was spoiled and self-centered. They each had different views of what marriage would be about. Diana thinking she would be loved and treated differently that her parents marriage. Charles, had no expectations, except that Diana would be there for him and the Firm. She was too young to be a wife, especially with these responsibilities. He was to set in his ways, nor did he see the domesticity that was important to her. And, he loved someone else. And he expected her to live by the, already, in places rules. It is a pity for both.

I think you're pretty much spot-on. It was a mess of a situation.

Then again, I do think Diana and Charles did love each other and agreed on how they wanted to raise their family.

...Diana was a mixed bag and, I think, a confused person in so many areas of her life...
She was very confused, which would have made finding someone to share her life impossible. At the same time Diana and Khan were talking about moving to Pakistan or South Africa, she was giving telling the world that "she won't go quietly." Andrew Morton said that her goal at that time was to force Charles to relinquish his claim to the throne and leave her to groom William for his future role as King. There was no way for her to do that and live a quiet life with Khan.

Diana married Charles knowing the rules of his life. In fact, that is one reason she married him: they couldn't divorce. It should also be noted that he didn't make the rules either. When they divorced, she had the opportunity to write her own rules. She could have lived a quiet life or she could have found someone comfortable in the limelight, but she couldn't have both. Maybe that is why she got involved with Fayed, she wanted to test life in the limelight with another man...

Lets do remember that Diana wasn't a happy camper when she was separated and going through all that drama with Charles, neither was Charles. I think once things calmed down, those thoughts and hurtful feelings of wanting William to become King and not Charles was pretty much over.

She did see it to be very important to help prepare William for the role he will come to in the future. It was her and Charles's job to do so.

I don't think Diana was ever going to have a quiet life. Despite her being divorced from Charles, she was the mother of the second in line to the throne and had a public role to fulfill. Any man in her life would've had to accept her lifestyle and her importance.

Well,"brooding" is not a very nice expression when used on human beings, or do you think that women in a royal family have no other role than being a breeding mare?
Reducing a princess (or any woman) to her reproductive function is a very misogynistic statement and shows the lack of understanding for the importance and value of the public service of people like Catherine,Duchess of Cambridge (or Diana/any other royal lady). While their public work for their country and their support for charitable causes is often not considered to be "work" we should not underestimate the importance of a royal figure.

It's infuriating to see attacks on people who don't worship a woman who was famous for a combination of physical attributes and hatred of her husband - this fame because her husband was part of the monarchy - an institution that arouses conflicting emotions. I suppose Diana was a nice person who had a sad life. However, since spending some time on YouTube and some of the forums I have found the rabid hatred her memory brings out in many people. Anyone who disagrees is branded "cold".

Vkrish made a really good point in the original comment that sparked this debate - Diana wasn't a nice wife because she didn't have a nice husband, but her husband wasn't a nice husband because he didn't have a nice wife.

As such his point, however valid initially, has lost weight, and people who might otherwise have agreed with him, or at least peacefully debated the matter, have been sidetracked by their offense of his language and the way he presented his argument.

Surely its possible to have a civil discussion without using inappropriate language?

Needless to say, I have edited and deleted subsequent posts that very briefly threw this thread off track.

At this time, I would like to remind EVERYONE of the following TRF rule:

Inappropriate conduct is any conduct deemed by the Company to be harmful to the online community, including:

• posting any content deemed by us to be obscene, sexually explicit, vulgar, threatening, harassing, or abusive;
Any questions should be directed towards any member of the British moderation team via Private Message. Any and all posts that disregard this post will be deleted without notice.

Zonk
British Forums Moderator

Last edited:
Andrew Morton said that her goal at that time was to force Charles to relinquish his claim to the throne and leave her to groom William for his future role as King

I have been thinking about the Morton book printing. It was for Diana, Princess of Wales to tell the world about her unhappy marriage and to get a divorce from Prince Charles that was fair.

I thought the Panoramic Interview was where Princess Diana talks about Prince Charles not fit to be King and Prince William to be the next King with her guidance. Her interview show me that she was desperate for a divorce and sick with paranoia because of all the things that were happening to her.

Maybe that is why she got involved with Fayed, she wanted to test life in the limelight with another man...

I think you hit on the reason.
BTW, Some people say Princess Diana was trying to make Dr. Khan jealous.

I think you are right because after Diana, Princess of Wales died the Dr. stayed in the UK for most of the years after she died. The time I know he left for Pakistan was during the inquest trail.

I was wondering if anyone has any iron clad proof that Diana was involved with Jfk Jr? I've read about it for a decade now but I was wondering if there was any proof.

I was wondering if anyone has any iron clad proof that Diana was involved with Jfk Jr? I've read about it for a decade now but I was wondering if there was any proof.

No, there were a little rumors and false stories about them but not true.

:previous: Agreed. Patrick Jephson was with them during their meeting. It lasted about an hour, I believe.

We have rumours about many different men - at least three are confirmed - Hewitt, Khan and Dodi. All the rest are rumours with no confirmation - there is a saying however - there is no smoke without fire.

There is a good chance there were more than the above named three as she did have trouble maintaining relationships but we will probably never have confirmation one way or the other.

We have rumours about many different men - at least three are confirmed - Hewitt, Khan and Dodi. All the rest are rumours with no confirmation - there is a saying however - there is no smoke without fire.

There is a good chance there were more than the above named three as she did have trouble maintaining relationships but we will probably never have confirmation one way or the other.

What about Oliver Hoare and rugby captain Will Carling? Wasn't Oliver Hoare found in his underpants standing behind a potted plant smoking outside of Diana's bedroom? Doubt he was evaluating the paintings, and of course there were all those phone calls to his home. Also was not Mrs Carling on the verge of naming Diana as the other person in her divorce suit against Will until they reconciled for a time. She must have felt there was a lot of "smoke" in that case.

Lots of inordinate garbage. Yes, I am sure she was active, but her husband had a lover he loved. Married, actually. She is dead, name anyone you would like. How time and spin makes a dead woman one thing and her husband who was, barely a husband. rise to the top and marry his mistress who was part of the cause of this crap. I hear she slept with ........

Thank you to the posters who gave some "helpful" feedback. I appreciate it.

What about Oliver Hoare and rugby captain Will Carling? Wasn't Oliver Hoare found in his underpants standing behind a potted plant smoking outside of Diana's bedroom? Doubt he was evaluating the paintings, and of course there were all those phone calls to his home. Also was not Mrs Carling on the verge of naming Diana as the other person in her divorce suit against Will until they reconciled for a time. She must have felt there was a lot of "smoke" in that case.

There in the 'rumours' and not confirmed category.

Neither she nor they have even confirmed that they were lovers although the evidence is highly suggestive.

The others are confirmed by one or both parties.

Julia Carling didn't need to name anyone in a divorce suit as the idea was 'no fault' divorce by 1995 when the Carling's split but she did suggest very strongly that Diana was the 'third person' in her marriage.

There were rumors and the tabloids were coming up with all kinds of stuff that weren't true. Also, there were people who were looking for some love and comfort in the wrong places as well.

Would you put Barry Mannakee in the confirmed category because Diana admitted the affair in tapes that surfaced after her death? I would also add James Gilbey. As you know, the tape was highly suggestive. The tape was apparently edited and the entire recording was very graphic.

I haven't heard the tapes where Diana admitted to an affair with Mannakee but if she did then that is a confirmed.

Gilbey - yes suggestive but never confirmed but certainly more than likely given the tapes that have emerged.

Lots of inordinate garbage. Yes, I am sure she was active, but her husband had a lover he loved. Married, actually. She is dead, name anyone you would like. How time and spin makes a dead woman one thing and her husband who was, barely a husband. rise to the top and marry his mistress who was part of the cause of this crap. I hear she slept with ........

Let's face it. The Wales' marriage had a lot wrong with it and neither of them were happy together when they both went on with their lives. I don't for a minute believe that all was happyland and roses when whomever it was (we really don't know and probably never will) "cheated" first. Charles built a loving relationship with a decades long friend and confidante and Diana did what she should have done before even thinking of getting married and settling down which is explore relationships, get comfortable with her own sexuality and, as we used to call it, "find herself".

Its not all about the "sleeping with" part. That is only the "dirty, scandalous, sleazy, eyebrow raising, hush-hush" stigma that the human race has put on sexuality. Both of them were seeking fulfillment in relationships rather than primal self gratification.

Just a few thoughts. :flowers:

Diana also befriended some people but the tabloids would link their relationship as a romance. We saw this same thing being done with her sons. They have female friends but the media and other tabloids linked them as boyfriend and girlfriend. Harry must've had at least a hundred relationships according to the media.

Last edited:
Diana also befriended some people but the tabloids would link their relationship as a romance. We saw this same thing being done with her sons. They have female friends but the media and other tabloids linked them as boyfriend and girlfriend. Harry must've had at least a hundred relationships according to the media.

And that boils it all down to one truth. Sex sells. :D

Back
Top Bottom