The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-22-2010, 10:16 AM
Heir Presumptive

IMO, they had such different expectations of marriage that it would never have worked, Camilla or no Camilla.
Charles expected a more or less business arrangement, with (hopefully) a strong friendship to support it.
Diana bought into the fairytale.

Old 12-22-2010, 05:52 PM
Royal Highness

Even though they had such different expectations for marriage Prince Charles wanted more then just friendship and a heir. And Princess Diana was so young and childishly in love with him.
I think if Diana, Princess of Wales did not get mentally sick and pregnant right away and if they got to know and nurture each other it might have worked.

Old 12-22-2010, 06:47 PM
Heir Apparent

You could very well be right, georgiea. With the hormonal changes in pregnancy, the emotional instability might have become worse than it would have been otherwise. I think that Prince Charles simply wasn't used to dealing with an emotional woman. The women in his family were emotionally strong. The Queen was strong and in control of herself; The Queen Mother was a rock to her husband and carried on in the public sphere after her widowhood; Princess Anne was and is emotionally tough. So it could have been a real shock to his system to have a wife who was having such a hard time adjusting. The most mentally balanced woman in the world would have a hard time; so for a young adult woman from a broken home desperately in need of reassurance, it must have been horrible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiea View Post
I think if Diana, Princess of Wales did not get mentally sick and pregnant right away and if they got to know and nurture each other it might have worked.
Old 12-22-2010, 07:03 PM
Heir Apparent

I'm reading Paul's book and I need to ask the names that came up besides the ones at the inquest of her so called "suitors" where in the world did they get those names from cause Paul apparently doesn't mention them by name was it just the press guessing who they may be?

Well I answered my own question in his second book he explains her relationships between some of the rumoured men.
Old 01-09-2011, 09:36 AM

Lightbulb Dodi Al Fayed..Was it serious?

Do you think Diana was serious about Dodi? Was it just a summer fling like many say?
Old 01-09-2011, 09:39 AM
Courtier

We will never know as the relationship ended tragically. But I hope she was in love with him at that time and this is what really counts.
Old 01-09-2011, 04:31 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by autumnpath85 View Post
Do you think Diana was serious about Dodi? Was it just a summer fling like many say?
I don't think it was a fling, but I don't think they were in love yet either. The couple were dating about two months. The princess was rebounding from the relationship from Dr. Kahn's. She was scheduled to meet with Kahn when she got back from vacation. Some say she was using Mr. Fayd to get Dr. Kahn jealous. Dodi was engaged to be married and was still seeing his fiancee while with Diana. I think it might have turned serious, but they died. The person I feel sorry for is Dodi's fiancee. I don't know what happen to her. I hope she is married.
Old 01-09-2011, 05:39 PM
Majesty

Dodi is the one I feel sorry for as he was being used by Diana to make Khan jealous and by his own father to get into the British elite - where his money could only open so many doors.
Old 01-09-2011, 06:37 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
Dodi is the one I feel sorry for as he was being used by Diana to make Khan jealous and by his own father to get into the British elite - where his money could only open so many doors.
I don't feel sorry for Dodi. Dodi was using his father's money. If he did not want to be his father's pawn he should have grown up and become responsible.
Old 01-09-2011, 07:01 PM
Majesty

He was still being used by both Diana and his father to get what they wanted regardless of how he might have been hurt. He died thanks to them using him. That is why I feel sorry for him - his father controlled the purse strings and so when his father said jump he jumped - as happens in a lot of Muslim families where father's word is law even when the children have grown up and left home. Diana didn't love him but simply was using him as well. This cost him a chance at happiness with his fiancee and his life.
Old 01-09-2011, 07:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

They were all using each other. Its not Diana's fault that he died. I do not know if she loved him since I'm not her, but it did seem that she cared about him enough to give him her father's cuff links.
Old 01-09-2011, 07:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

I am actually wondering what is doing the man who betrayed Lady Diana-James Hewitt.
Did he marry?As I understand he opened an Equestrian Academy on the money gained by his ridiculous book and became a millionaire.
I think one day he will feel great shame for what he did.I imagine that he fears to go away from the house as the people still hate him or maybe they forgot it,anyway he is very unpleasant man
Old 01-09-2011, 08:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by autumnpath85 View Post

I don't even believe it would qualify as a summer fling! I know I read somewhere that, according to some of her friends, she was already sick of him and planning to dump him shortly.

He was just a means to hit back at the RF, imo. I honestly don't think she cared for him at all, she just knew they'd be horrified.
Old 01-10-2011, 01:03 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhon11234 View Post
They were all using each other. Its not Diana's fault that he died. I do not know if she loved him since I'm not her, but it did seem that she cared about him enough to give him her father's cuff links.
Agree sirhon.
Old 01-10-2011, 03:26 AM
Heir Apparent

I think that Diana and Dodi were alike in some ways and they probably had some kind of rapport with and understanding of each other based on their poor-little-rich-girl/boy lives. I don't mean that unkindly. They both had childhoods that were rather sad and were kindred spirits in that way. They might have remained friends even if there wasn't a long-term romantic relationship.
Old 01-11-2011, 04:58 PM

Dodi Al Fayed

The investigative journalist Tony Gosling who I work with told me that an MI6 agent (female) he speaks with has said that Dodi Al Fayed and his Father was considering running for presidential candidate in Egypt before he was killed in the car-crash or murdered. Is this known, and if not does this news add motive to the car crash. I would suspect Iranian-Shi-ite muslim active terrorists would be concerned about Princess Diana promoting Dodi's popularity as a potential candidate. Dodi s a Sunnite muslim. This would take the shadow of doubt from the royal family as Mr Fayed has implicated them in the murder. Did he not suspect an alternative reason?
Old 01-11-2011, 05:04 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
I think that Diana and Dodi were alike in some ways and they probably had some kind of rapport with and understanding of each other based on their poor-little-rich-girl/boy lives. I don't mean that unkindly. They both had childhoods that were rather sad and were kindred spirits in that way. They might have remained friends even if there wasn't a long-term romantic relationship.
Mermaid I think your statement that both were alike in some ways might have made them become romantic. But they did not have enough time and we can go around and around guess what might have happened.
Old 01-11-2011, 05:51 PM
Majesty

I don't believe that the accident was anything other than an accident but that being said I have also always felt that too many people only assumed that Diana was the target rather than Dodi. Dodi and his father would certainly have been good targets in their own right.

However I do think it was an unfortunate accident and the people who died did so because they forgot to do something extrememly simply - they forgot to put on their seatbelts.
Old 05-01-2011, 08:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

Diana's good friend ,lady Annabel Goldsmith blames Camilla for not being invited at the royal wedding
ROYAL WEDDING: How will Diana's friend Lady Annabel Goldsmith take revenge for 'snub' by Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall? | Mail Online
Old 05-01-2011, 11:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

[QUOTE=Iluvbertie;1190039]I don't believe that the accident was anything other than an accident but that being said I have also always felt that too many people only assumed that Diana was the target rather than Dodi. Dodi and his father would certainly have been good targets in their own right.

I've been saying the same thing for years. What would be accomplished in having Diana murdered?

Tags
barry mannakee, bodyguards, diana princess of wales, dodi fayed, extramarital affair, friends, hasnat khan, lady diana spencer, oliver hoare, princess diana