The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-25-2009, 11:23 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
And he said during the Inquiry that he had no intention of marrying her. So he was sleeping with her just for the sake of having an affair. That's one thing that isn't impressive about Dr. Khan.
I think he didn't want to marry her because of all publicity that would entail. He wanted his privacy. When the media begin to become aware of him, that's when his relationship with Diana became strained because he wanted their relationship to stay private.

Old 07-31-2009, 05:30 AM
Heir Presumptive

The latest issue of the Australian mag. "New Idea" has an item about Diana and Hasnat hidden away on the last page. It says Hasnat has recently confessed to friends that their relationship was doomed because they would have had to live quietly in Pakistan as man and wife, and that Diana would not have felt at home, as happened to Jemima Goldsmith. "It was obvious that in London I could not have fitted into her life and she could not have fitted into mine. If we'd lived in Pakistan, it would've been just as difficult. She'd have wanted to come back regularly to see Harry and William. She was afraid of being portrayed as an absentee mother".

The story concludes that Hasnat is living in a small London flat, and still suffering from his own broken heart.

So now you know.

Old 07-31-2009, 05:37 AM
Administrator

His "friends" weren't very discreet.
Old 08-05-2009, 02:25 PM
Nobility

I do think their relationship would have been hard to work out, he obviously would have had to be ceased to be bothered by the fame Diana had, and she would have had to try to fit in with his life. She did try in some ways, but maybe in the end they just came from two different worlds.
Old 08-11-2009, 02:41 PM
Heir Presumptive

Has anyone ever noticed that it's mostly the men in Diana's life that haven't been very discreet. James Hewitt, Paul Burrell, etc. and even Hasnat Kahn now talking. I have yet to hear of a female friend that has betrayed the Princess.
Old 08-11-2009, 06:29 PM
Nobility

Well, some of her women friends wrote books too, although the men did talk more.Simone Simmons, who was her ''faith healer", I can't remember what she specifically did, wrote two books on Diana's later years. She's the main example. Others have given interviews, but not written books. I think Rosa Monckton for example mostly spoke out to silence rumors about Diana's last days such as she was pregnant or she was going to marry Dodi, they were engaged, etc. I think in her case, she was right to speak out.
Old 08-12-2009, 07:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

Location: Between the first and second floor of the Eiffel Tower, France
I'm not convinced it's for the best to speak out. Why is it such a big deal to prove it's not true? Because it damages Diana's memory? People will believe what they want to believe, even if you show them by a+b that it can't be. If you try to explain, you give a certain amount of credit for these claims. Time should be spent otherwise than trying to rectify what is, very often, a firmly believed "fact" they won't ever begin to reconsider.

Please, help find a cure for ALS

Because it matters...
Old 08-13-2009, 04:54 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sereta View Post
Has anyone ever noticed that it's mostly the men in Diana's life that haven't been very discreet. James Hewitt, Paul Burrell, etc. and even Hasnat Kahn now talking. I have yet to hear of a female friend that has betrayed the Princess.
The sad fact is that Diana did not have as many female friends as she did male, therefore there are not as many to speak out. Besides which, nobody would be interested in hearing about trips to the shops with the girls or any of the other mundane things women tend to chat about.
Old 08-13-2009, 03:27 PM
Administrator

In regards to female friends (or friends in general) its the quality not the quantity that counts. She may have not a lot of female friends, but the ones that she did have (despite periods of not speaking) have still remained quiet. They have generally only spoken to refute a total rumor or doing the Burrell trial.

Old 08-14-2009, 05:01 AM
Imperial Majesty

Many people have 100s of friends but only 6 or so close friends but you have missed the point. If you have 4 female friends and 40 male friends, the odds are that more of the 40 will speak out.
Old 08-19-2009, 07:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
The sad fact is that Diana did not have as many female friends as she did male, therefore there are not as many to speak out. Besides which, nobody would be interested in hearing about trips to the shops with the girls or any of the other mundane things women tend to chat about.
But how can you know how many friends she had? I've read in biographies that she had female confidantes usually older women and mother figures. I doubt she only talked about mundane things to them. I have deeper conversations with my female friends than my male friends.
Old 08-19-2009, 08:10 PM
Administrator

No Skydragon...I think you have missed my point. Diana could have tons of women and/or male friends that we don't know about or she could have three or four special friends...again male or female....I am not talking percentages. But I think we don't know for sure because they have never really spoken out.

Some people have spoken out but I would call them more of associates. People who are a step below friends but above people you just casually know. Associates know stuff about you, you allow them in your inner circle but they are kept at arms length and they don't know your inner most secrets. In addition to your inner most secrets they also share talk about the most mudane things of no importance.

Old 08-20-2009, 05:55 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sereta View Post
But how can you know how many friends she had? I've read in biographies that she had female confidantes usually older women and mother figures. I doubt she only talked about mundane things to them. I have deeper conversations with my female friends than my male friends.
Quote:
No Skydragon...I think you have missed my point. Diana could have tons of women and/or male friends that we don't know about or she could have three or four special friends...again male or female....I am not talking percentages. But I think we don't know for sure because they have never really spoken out.
The friends Diana had male and female is well publicised, I don't quite see there being another 10 or so that she managed to keep out of the public domain, she was, after all, unable to keep the details of her male friends quiet. This recent post seems at odds with this one.
Quote:
She may have not a lot of female friends, but the ones that she did have (despite periods of not speaking) have still remained quiet
Old 08-20-2009, 09:18 AM
Administrator

Another petty and pointless argument.
We don't know the exact number of Diana's friends, associates and acquaintences, male or female, so there's little to be gained by debating the numbers.

Thanks,
Warren
British Forums moderator
Old 04-21-2010, 10:25 AM
Serene Highness

Diana: Did she have love affair with robert palmer?

Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express | UK News :: Diana: Did she have love affair with Robert Palmer?-
Old 04-21-2010, 12:05 PM
Royal Highness

Let Diana Rest in peace.... I never understand why the newspapers go digging for diamonds like this.They always do this Diana was mentally unhinged trip and had thousands of abortions trip every now and again.And that every single man she ever saw was in bed with her soon.This is all conjecture.
Old 04-27-2010, 10:44 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaya View Post
Let Diana Rest in peace.... I never understand why the newspapers go digging for diamonds like this.
Diana, Princess of Wales' name even now sells papers. I wish too that Princess Diana and her name could rest in peace.
Old 06-07-2010, 06:57 AM
Commoner

please, can somebody help me? i find this picture and i can remember there was a yahoo group where was an article about diana and her men. one of them was this boy but i dont know more? is there anybody who can tell me more about this pic or can post mor of this rare dress by diana?

Diana
source: rex features

Old 06-08-2010, 01:26 AM
Heir Apparent

I think that man is someone who chauffered her during a trip to Itay. I don't think that he was a boyfriend.
Old 06-09-2010, 05:35 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
I think that man is someone who chauffered her during a trip to Itay. I don't think that he was a boyfriend.
a hug for a chauffeur???

Tags
barry mannakee, bodyguards, diana princess of wales, dodi fayed, extramarital affair, friends, hasnat khan, lady diana spencer, oliver hoare, princess diana