The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-17-2009, 09:51 PM
Aristocracy

In the "If he wants his privacy so bad, why is he talking to the Mail Online about Diana now?" category ...

Back in Britain after escaping the 'Diana witch hunt', the man who almost married her reveals the REAL reason their affair was doomed | Mail Online

Old 07-18-2009, 02:55 AM
Majesty

I wonder whether he actually gave an interview or whether this was made up from a collection of comments that he made during an unguarded onversation, perhaps with more than one person. The statements in quotes might be hearsay. It seems strange that he'd give an interview while trying to keep a low profile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myself1995 View Post
In the "If he wants his privacy so bad, why is he talking to the Mail Online about Diana now?" category ...

Back in Britain after escaping the 'Diana witch hunt', the man who almost married her reveals the REAL reason their affair was doomed | Mail Online

Old 07-18-2009, 05:00 PM
Courtier

However we do not know whether if they were alive dody could give real love To Diana.Princess Diana Relationships&Who is Princess Diana dating?Princess Diana Photos | Who is Princess Diana dating? Boyfriend, Husband
Old 07-18-2009, 05:19 PM
Majesty

There's something about Dodi that has always struck me as creepy. Perhaps the only other man in Diana's life who I have this reaction to is James Hewitt. As for the other men, although I couldn't approve of her adultery with them (real or just alleged and obviously excluding Prince Charles), they don't affect me in quite the same way. When I first saw pictures of Diana and Dodi together, I just had a bad feeling about it.
Old 07-18-2009, 05:46 PM
Courtier

i think , Diana has been with most of them a simple friend. Apart from any
adultery. We do not know even about her adultery with dody Fayd .
That's what the media say.
However she is always a popular person.
Old 07-20-2009, 01:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

Location: Between the first and second floor of the Eiffel Tower, France
Dodi was a means to strike the British establishment who despised Al Fayed, IMO. I don't think she got over her will of revenge against the RF and the Fayeds were the ideal weapon. No doubt that the paparazzi were too intrusive, yet they were the only key to make her story with Dodi public.

Please, help find a cure for ALS

Because it matters...
Old 07-20-2009, 04:45 PM
Majesty

Yes, I don't think that she had entirely "moved on" from her quarrels with the Establishment and the RF. Had there not been a "gag order" as part of her divorce agreement, I think that we probably would have heard a lot more negative things from Diana. In a sense, I don't understand the argument that she went to be with the Fayed's because she had no-where else to go during that summer. She was a weathly woman with contacts everywhere in the world who would have offered her hospitality. Or she could have stayed in an exclusive resort somewhere where the press couldn't get access to her, and she could have brought William and Harry with her during her time with them. Perhaps she had some trust in Fayed because her father knew him. Was she really that naive about Fayed's reputation? It's hard to accept unless she NEVER watched the national news.
Old 07-20-2009, 04:54 PM
Royal Highness

it's hard to say what diana's mindset was. i think she had some feelings for dodi...not love...but something. i just don't think she gave this particular relationship any long term thought or importance. she knew she could never marry him so that's why i believe it was just a summer fling. as for having lot's of places to go...maybe she thought, or was told, that any host would be unwilling to have her because of the media intrusion that would come with her. sad thought.
Old 07-20-2009, 04:56 PM
Majesty

That's true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess View Post
that any host would be unwilling to have her because of the media intrusion that would come with her. sad thought.
Old 07-21-2009, 11:18 AM
Heir Presumptive

Location: Between the first and second floor of the Eiffel Tower, France
It's very plausible that nobody wanted to invite her for the holidays. Honestly, Diana's presence would have been a burden for any other person who wished to spend some peaceful vacation. This invitation of Fayed was a win-win situation for both: he could offer protection against the press (when you see what happened, it was pretty sporadic…) and she could give him the public attention he needed. In the end, Fayed lost much more than he gained.

-------

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkie40 View Post
Does Scotland Yard now train women to be royal bodygaurds? If I had one chance to ask one question of Ken Wharfe it would to be if he thought Diana might have fared better with a female security officer.
Here's something interesting to read about a female bodyguard named Anna Loginova. It's not at all surprising that her agency had links with ex-KGB agents. USSR didn't make any differences between men and women concerning careers so it was much more common to have women working for secret services. It's probably why female bodyguards are rarer in our society than in ex-USSR countries.

Please, help find a cure for ALS

Because it matters...
Old 07-21-2009, 12:44 PM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryamj View Post
i think , Diana has been with most of them a simple friend. Apart from any
adultery. We do not know even about her adultery with dody Fayd .
That's what the media say.
However she is always a popular person.
In the West we wouldn't describe her relationship with Dodi as adultery since she was a divorced woman and free in that aspect.

I would agree it wasn't a good choice for her, although she seems to have made a pattern of bad choices with me. I think Dr. Khan was the only good one she picked.
Old 07-21-2009, 04:33 PM
Nobility

I think Dodi and Muhammed Al Fayed were family friends and so she was comfortable with them, although I'm sure she also knew that the Estabilishment wouldn't like it, and doubtless that came into her reasoning. I think she was far more serious about Hasnat than Dodi. I think she was just seeing where it went with Dodi. As it turned out, it was the last summer of her life so what would have happened if she hadn't died, we will never know.
Old 07-21-2009, 06:56 PM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

I do agree that, if the couple had survived the summer, that there would have been a break-up. They were both very needy people and probably wouldn't have been able to satisfy each other's needs for long.
Old 07-21-2009, 07:55 PM
Heir Apparent

I like to think that Diana enjoyed her time with the Fayeds, and that she was happy with Dodi. They might have both been needy but perhaps each could provide what the other needed. Maybe their relationship would not have lasted, but maybe it would. It's very sad that we'll never know, but I do hope she enjoyed her time with him.
Old 07-22-2009, 02:45 PM
Nobility

I think it's easy to look back and think of her relationship with Dodi as being a negative thing, since for years afterward Muhammed Al Fayed claimed Diana was murdered and also claimed that Diana and Dodi were in a far more serious relationship than they really were.Perhaps had Muhammed Al Fayed not done these things, it would be easier to have a more positive view of her relationship with Dodi, even though it's doubtful it would have lasted.
Old 07-23-2009, 06:11 PM
Majesty

And he said during the Inquiry that he had no intention of marrying her. So he was sleeping with her just for the sake of having an affair. That's one thing that isn't impressive about Dr. Khan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowabelle View Post
I think Dr. Khan was the only good one she picked.
Old 07-24-2009, 03:03 AM
Aristocracy

Instead of reading through this entire thread, how many lovers did Diana have in her lifetime? Thanks.
Old 07-24-2009, 03:11 AM
Aristocracy

I thought it was said in the end he had given her a ring and that she was pregnant?
And that she wanted to be buried wearing the ring and only told his father of the baby which is why he built the statue in Harrod's to join them both forever??
Old 07-24-2009, 05:03 AM
Administrator in Memoriam

The "engagement" ring, alleged pregnancy etc were wishful thinking on Mohammed Al Fayed's part and were disproven during both the police and Coronial inquests.
Old 07-25-2009, 06:23 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angeline View Post
Instead of reading through this entire thread, how many lovers did Diana have in her lifetime? Thanks.
It depends entirely who you talk to, read or know. Some say only 6 others 16 and everything in between.
http://www.londonnet.co.uk/ln/guide/...na_lovers.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...d-affairs.html

Tags
barry mannakee, bodyguards, diana princess of wales, dodi fayed, extramarital affair, friends, hasnat khan, lady diana spencer, oliver hoare, princess diana