Diana's Friends, Lovers and Bodyguards

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The sad fact is that Diana did not have as many female friends as she did male, therefore there are not as many to speak out. Besides which, nobody would be interested in hearing about trips to the shops with the girls or any of the other mundane things women tend to chat about.:flowers:
But how can you know how many friends she had? I've read in biographies that she had female confidantes usually older women and mother figures. I doubt she only talked about mundane things to them. I have deeper conversations with my female friends than my male friends. :rolleyes:

No Skydragon...I think you have missed my point. Diana could have tons of women and/or male friends that we don't know about or she could have three or four special friends...again male or female....I am not talking percentages. But I think we don't know for sure because they have never really spoken out.

Some people have spoken out but I would call them more of associates. People who are a step below friends but above people you just casually know. Associates know stuff about you, you allow them in your inner circle but they are kept at arms length and they don't know your inner most secrets. In addition to your inner most secrets they also share talk about the most mudane things of no importance.

But how can you know how many friends she had? I've read in biographies that she had female confidantes usually older women and mother figures. I doubt she only talked about mundane things to them. I have deeper conversations with my female friends than my male friends. :rolleyes:
No Skydragon...I think you have missed my point. Diana could have tons of women and/or male friends that we don't know about or she could have three or four special friends...again male or female....I am not talking percentages. But I think we don't know for sure because they have never really spoken out.
The friends Diana had male and female is well publicised, I don't quite see there being another 10 or so that she managed to keep out of the public domain, she was, after all, unable to keep the details of her male friends quiet.:rolleyes: This recent post seems at odds with this one.
She may have not a lot of female friends, but the ones that she did have (despite periods of not speaking) have still remained quiet

Another petty and pointless argument.
We don't know the exact number of Diana's friends, associates and acquaintences, male or female, so there's little to be gained by debating the numbers.

Thanks,
Warren
British Forums moderator

Let Diana Rest in peace.... I never understand why the newspapers go digging for diamonds like this.They always do this Diana was mentally unhinged trip and had thousands of abortions trip every now and again.And that every single man she ever saw was in bed with her soon.This is all conjecture.

Last edited by a moderator:
Let Diana Rest in peace.... I never understand why the newspapers go digging for diamonds like this.
Diana, Princess of Wales' name even now sells papers. I wish too that Princess Diana and her name could rest in peace.:flowers:

please, can somebody help me? i find this picture and i can remember there was a yahoo group where was an article about diana and her men. one of them was this boy but i dont know more? is there anybody who can tell me more about this pic or can post mor of this rare dress by diana?

Diana
source: rex features

I think that man is someone who chauffered her during a trip to Itay. I don't think that he was a boyfriend.:ermm:

Well if it was a long trip to Italy, and she was pleased with how he drove, I can understand her giving him a thank you hug.

One of the reasons why Diana was loved was that she was no snob. She was also affectionate. :flowers:

Well if it was a long trip to Italy, and she was pleased with how he drove, I can understand her giving him a thank you hug.

Anyone know if Carolyn Bartholomew, after the death of Diana, keep in touch or have some contact with William & Harry?

I know she's godmother of Harry.

Anyone know if Carolyn Bartholomew, after the death of Diana, keep in touch or have some contact with William & Harry?

I know she's godmother of Harry.

I read that Carolyn Bartholomew had a falling out with Diana, Princess of Wales a few years after the book came out. I don't know if they ever made up before Princess Diana died.:ermm:

Is it really one fact or only rumour - falling out between Carolyn & Diana?

Anyone have some picture(s) of Carolyn at christening of Harry with him, Diana and/or William?

The only pictures of her with boys that I already saw were the private pictures released for a friend in 10 years of Diana's death and at confirmation(?????) of Harry at Eton.

Is true Catherine Soames, Vivienne Parry and Katie Menzies also betrayed Diana in death together with Simmone Simons, selling stories/interviews to tabloids?

Catherine Soames is or was married with that friend of Charles?

Vivienne Parry, she was one close friend, right?

Is it really one fact or only rumour - falling out between Carolyn & Diana?
From a book I read. I don't know if they made up. I would think so.

Is true Catherine Soames, Vivienne Parry and Katie Menzies also betrayed Diana in death together with Simmone Simons, selling stories/interviews to tabloids?
I know Catherine Soames and Katie Menzies, and Simmone Simons were frozen out of friendship.

Catherine Soames is or was married with that friend of Charles?
Yes

Vivienne Parry, she was one close friend, right?
Vivienne Parry was an employee. All interviews she gave made Diana, Princess of Wales in a good light. I think they were friends when Princess Diana died.

I know Catherine Soames and Katie Menzies, and Simmone Simons were frozen out of friendship.

I just finished Simon's book "The Last Word" this morning (I've been on a $1 a book binge for the summer) and in her last chapter Simon states that she hadn't talked to Diana for a few weeks prior to her death.

Actually I found the book to be very interesting. Simmone was very much a "tell it like it is" person and it was because of being like that that would cause brief "freezing out" between the two of them. I don't believe that she was out to "exploit" or "cash in" on Diana as she stressed several times that it was per Diana's request that the book be written should anything happen to her.

Now I've started the Paul Burrell book "The Way We Were" and so far have found it tedious reading with Paul putting too much emphasis on Paul. What the heck... for $1 its like buying a really bad cup of coffee you just can't drink. :lol:

Catherine Soames and Katie Menzies???

They always were in vacations and journeys with Diana.

Are you really sure about 'break-up' of their friendships with Diana?

I think saw pics of them with Diana in 1996.

I would like know some info for a fact if Catherine Soames and Katie Menzies really betrayed Diana in death?

Catherine Soames divorced the friend of Charles in early 1990s, right?

Is correct say Diana was friends with Catherine and Charles with her ex-husband? During their marriage Diana had not friendship with husband of Catherine and Charles had not friendship with Catherine, right?

Are you really sure about 'break-up' of their friendships with Diana?
I think saw pics of them with Diana in 1996.

I read it in either Sarah Bradford's book or Tina Brown's book on Diana, Princess of Wales. Your can read all the info I know on them there.:flowers:

I don't remember either of these ladies saying anything disparaging about Diana. Whether they remained close friends up til the time of her death, I don't know. They might have been among the friends whom Diana froze out, though...people might have advised her against going to al Fayed's as late as July 1997, and she still would have had time to "dump" them before she died.

I would like know some info for a fact if Catherine Soames and Katie Menzies really betrayed Diana in death?

I sincerely would like/wish to Diana that she had became friends with Lady Annabel Goldsmith, Lucia Flecha de Lima and Lady Elsa Bowker, and, couple of others(I think Diana had some others mother figures, right?) i.e. San Lourenzo's owner (I always fogot her name) in 1980/1981, I think in this time Diana desperately needed/wanted one mother in her life, someone else give her love, affection, guidance, support, advise etc

Diana didn't have much luck with men, did she?
For all her fame and beauty, she basically was manipulated and discarded, or allowed herself to be drawn into sleazy relationships with no future.

As someone else mentioned, Khan was no prize: a liar, and not above serving his own ends, despite his self-righteous posturing.

Hewitt was an opportunistic cad, Hoare a cheat, and Dodi Fayed a figure of fun in social circles (with a rep for stiffing people when it came time to pay the bills).

I wonder if anyone ever truly loved her?
I don't believe Charles ever did, though he may have been fond of her at first. But none of the men she was involved with seem to have had genuine feelings for her.

I think Diana looked for the wrong things in a man.

:previous:
to be loved, but unfortunatly I think she had a deep insecurity that no matter how much they loved her it never felt like enough, plus she was also dealing with the issues of feeling "used"-

She looked for adoration, not love.

I don't think she really wanted attention, but I think she was sucked into the lifestyle of being stared at constantly and found it boosted her morale.

She wanted to be loved, like any woman.

Yes, I agree that she wanted love, as any of us want love. I think that she wanted love that involved adoration; but I think that her idea of romantic love was the adoration of the man she was in love with. Quite possibly she adored Prince Charles more than she loved him. I don't think that she was necessarily ready for the working partnership that marriage entails. I also believe that she wanted to be taken care of. If she hadn't married Prince Charles, she might have married another older, titled man.

She looked for adoration, not love.

She wanted to be loved, like any woman.

Mermaid1962 said:
Yes, I agree that she wanted love, as any of us want love. I think that she wanted love that involved adoration; but I think that her idea of romantic love was the adoration of the man she was in love with. Quite possibly she adored Prince Charles more than she loved him. I don't think that she was necessarily ready for the working partnership that marriage entails. I also believe that she wanted to be taken care of. If she hadn't married Prince Charles, she might have married another older, titled man.

Yes, well put- to her love=the adoration of her husband and to be fair I am not sure Charles was capable of loving her how she wanted but he loved her in his way IMHO

I think that Diana put the men in her life on a pedestal. That's what I meant by "adoration." She had an adoring attitude towards Prince Charles, I think.

Yes, well put- to her love=the adoration of her husband and to be fair I am not sure Charles was capable of loving her how she wanted but he loved her in his way IMHO

Back
Top Bottom