The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Diana, Princess of Wales (1961-1997)

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-16-2006, 09:02 AM

Diana's engagements 1981 - 1997, the complete list

Dear all,

On my computer I have a lot of pictures of Diana. I didn't have a clue when and where the most pictures were taken, so I started organising my picture collection. My picture-progam (Picasa) showed labels for most pictures, containing date and location, so I was lucky with that

I discovered here that there are more Diana-fans, who would like dates and locations, so that's why I created a list with dates/events and locations I know of. No doubt that it isn't complete, and it may contain errors, but I hope that together we can work something out

Feel free to print out the list to keep as reference and/or to correct/add dates and locations.

[EXPIRED LINK]

Old 08-18-2006, 07:33 PM
Nobility

Wonderful! Thank you for sharing this!

Old 08-20-2006, 04:49 AM
Commoner

Check out 1983!!! Good lord! You can understand why diana felt so run down and sick!
Old 08-20-2006, 10:28 AM
Nobility

polo match most of the time ! woah.
Old 08-20-2006, 02:01 PM
Serene Highness

Here are some other events from 1997

February 14-Opening the new renal unit at Great Ormond Street Hospital
March 9-Prince William's Confirmation
March 10-Memorial for photographer Terence Donovan, visit to a Centrepoint Homeless Centre
April 15-Meeting cystic fibrosis patients at the Royal Brompton Hospital
May 27-Opening a centre for the disabled
June 6-Visiting a Hindu Temple
June 12-Anti land mine speech at the Royal Geographic Society
June 17-Anti land mine speech in Washington D.C.
June 18-Red Cross anti land mine gala in D.C.

And for 1996

January 18-Launch of Childline's Birthday Appeal
January 29-Lunch with the American Correspondents Association
February 1-Performance of "La Boheme"
March 6-Visit to Neurology Hospital
March 7-Gala in aid of Harefield Hospital
June 27-Briefing by the National AIDS Trust
July 4-Gala in aid of the Shaukut Hospital in Pakistan
August 28-English National Ballet Headquarters visit
September 24-Breast cancer gala in D.C., breast cancer fundraising breakfast in D.C.
October 8-Launch of Capital Appeal at London Lighthouse
December 2-Centrepoint Christmas Campaign event
December 9-Visit to Leprosy Mission
Old 08-27-2006, 09:08 PM
Royal Highness

The Engagement section in Majesty and Royalty magazines had a lot of information.
Old 06-23-2007, 12:14 PM

Post huge diana admirer

Hello to you all,
this is my first post here; I am from Austria (don't be confused about my nickname I am female) and I collect Diana pictures since I was 11. I spent all my pocket money in magazines with her pictures in it.
Last year I decided to make a life time project. I want to make a diary with all her pictures and her engagements from 1981 til 1997. It is really hard work but I love it. And now it seems I found the perfect forum to talk to you about rare pictures and dates. I allready glanced through your polo and Ascot sides throughout her years, trooping the colour etc. it is great.
Does anybody else do a project like mine, I would like to hear about it?
I also would like to answer your questions about Diana. For me she is the most wonderful person in the whole world and nobody not inside the royal circle nor any celebrety oudside comes even close to her.
Old 06-23-2007, 12:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

Location: Between the first and second floor of the Eiffel Tower, France
In that page there's a link with all her engagements between 1981 and 1997 although I think the link is broken. Maybe a moderator will fix that. I remember it was very complete and detailed. I hope it will be fixed soon so you can find some good things in it.

Please, help find a cure for ALS

Because it matters...
Old 06-23-2007, 12:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

Welcome Manfred197 to The Royal Forums I hope you have a good time here.
Old 06-23-2007, 03:45 PM
Imperial Majesty

TheTruth, I'm not seeing any broken links; which one do you mean?
Old 06-23-2007, 04:04 PM
Heir Presumptive

This one Elspeth, from the post of MaximaDianaFan
http://www.freefilehosting.org/publi...ianasdiary.txt

Maybe it's my computer ...

Because it matters...
Old 06-23-2007, 04:31 PM
Imperial Majesty

It's coming up OK for me; it's a list of her engagements.

Is anyone else not seeing it?
Old 06-23-2007, 05:09 PM

Thank you all for your warm welcome. The link about her engagments is fine with me, I can see it. I think it will take me a while looking at all your posted messages, I started with the polo engagements and your postings already helped me a lot, special thanks to the Lady in Canada.
I just have a question about posting pictures. What if I don't have any source of the picture, only that it is an old clipping from a German magazine. I do have some where I don't know the engagement or the date, am I allowed to post them so you can help me find the fitting engagement?
I also have to get an icon for me, you all have such great ones, how do I put the icon in my messages?
Old 06-23-2007, 05:17 PM
Commoner

Welcome to the forums. I am relatively new myself. I also have collected photos of Diana since 1980 and I have 20 or more scrapbooks going in chronalogical order. I had a friend in England who would mail me packets of clippings from the papers in U.K. so my scrapbooks are well filled. How are you documenting all of her engagements? Are they in scrapbooks or would you be able to ever post what you have? Look forward to your additions to the forum!
Old 06-23-2007, 05:30 PM

As I was very young in the 80ies I have a huge collection with just clippings from German magazines, but often don't know which engagement or day it is and I also don't know the correct source. So I don't know if I am allowed to post such photos, because I saw you all mentioned either the book or the photographer. They are all in srapebooks but I also have a scanner so I think that wouldn't be the problem. As I am doing a diary of all of her engaments I do scan photos from my scrapbook, books, magazines and put it in my computer diary and I have an extra egagement diary in excel at the moment, the pictures all have the .jpg extention, your collection also sounds huge do you only have the pictures or do you also know when and where they were taken? But I do have some photos in my collection which I never saw in any of the Diana books or majesty or royalty magazine, so with them they are hard to identify
Old 06-23-2007, 05:49 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by manfred197 View Post
I just have a question about posting pictures. What if I don't have any source of the picture, only that it is an old clipping from a German magazine. I do have some where I don't know the engagement or the date, am I allowed to post them so you can help me find the fitting engagement?
I also have to get an icon for me, you all have such great ones, how do I put the icon in my messages?
Check your private-message inbox; I've answered these questions by PM rather than here so as to keep this thread on topic.
Old 06-23-2007, 06:08 PM
Commoner

Most of my scrapbook photos have the date and/or the engagement. It would be most interesting to see the photos that you have that you've not seen in the royalty publications, etc. I'd be happy to help you indentify the ones you need to find dates/engagements for.
Old 06-24-2007, 09:19 AM

Diana's engagements 1981 - 1997

Thanks for all the engagments for 96 and 97; I am a bit confused about the engamengt 15.04.97; I thought she was in Barbuda in the K Club for nearly the whole month with her children, so I think Meeting cystic fibrosis patients at the Royal Brompton Hospital can't be at that time.
Can anyone confirm the engagement 15.04.97?
Old 06-25-2007, 08:42 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
It's coming up OK for me; it's a list of her engagements.

Is anyone else not seeing it?
Thanks for asking, I can see it know . My computer goes nuts sometimes

Because it matters...
Old 07-06-2007, 07:25 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by manfred197 View Post
Thanks for all the engagments for 96 and 97; I am a bit confused about the engamengt 15.04.97; I thought she was in Barbuda in the K Club for nearly the whole month with her children, so I think Meeting cystic fibrosis patients at the Royal Brompton Hospital can't be at that time.
Can anyone confirm the engagement 15.04.97?
Welcome Manfred197.

I'm not positive about the exact dates that Diana was in Barbuda, but she probably would have only gone for a week or so, not the whole month.

Yes, 15-04-07 is the date I have for her visit to the Royal Brompton Hospital.

Tags
diana princess of wales, princess diana