Diana's Engagements: 1981-1997, Complete List and Photographs

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
December 10, 1993 -LADY DIANA VISITING THE ST MATTHEW'S HOSTEL

December 10, 1990 -Princess Diana Meeting Young Girl in Department Store

December 10, 1986 -Princess Diana wears casual clothing after taking Prince William to Mrs. Mynor's Nursery School

December 11, 1995-THE PRINCESS OF WALES RECEIVING AN AWARD IN NEW YORK
http://cache2.gettyimages.com/xc/77...4AD9FDB9CF193875DCB1DD8387ABB431C7DB1316A084B

December 11, 1984 - Diana, Shrewsbury, Shropshire, England

Last edited by a moderator:
December 13, 1988 - Photographers take pictures of Princess Diana and Prince Harry(Henry) as they arrive at the Palace Theatre to watch Prince William in a school Christmas play

December 13, 1981 - Princess Diana smiles in a white fur coat.

December 13, 1981 - Princess Diana visits a cathedral on an official visit at Gloucester

December 14, 1983 - Prince William, 18 months, stands tall between his parents Prince and Princess of Wales 12/4 at a picture call before the world's press in the courtyard of Kensington Palace, London.

Dec 17, 1991 - Princess Diana at Royal Albert Hall

the memories back in the days when lots of royals went to wimbledon its such a pity that its only the duchess of glouchester (she took rose with her this year) the duke of Kent and princess michael of kent that only go now.
kate middleton really likes tennis and has been at the championships so there will be a future for royals at SW19

I wonder how long the crowds wait there in the cold to see the Royal Family go to the church service.

Alot of time I bet but I would have waited all day just to see them and perhaps shake the hand of a Royal :D.

As the captions discribe the photos were taken after Christmas service, I believe the dates should have been December 25th, rather than 29th.

Yeah, you're right. Getty is sometimes mixing up dates or places ... :ermm:

WHo is with Diana in 1985, the dark haired lady, very pretty.

On this day in history: 15th January 1997

Princess Diana has angered government ministers after calling for an international ban on landmines.

Her comments - made during a visit to Angola to see for herself some of the victims of landmines - are being seen as out of step with government policy.

The Junior Defence Minister, Earl Howe, has described the princess as a "loose cannon", ill-informed on the issue of anti-personnel landmines.

Although he is now seeking to distance himself from the criticism, other Conservative backbenchers have been more outspoken.

Peter Viggers, Tory member of the defence select committee, said: "We all know landmines and other weapons are vicious and nasty. The question is how best to negotiate so they are not used in future.

"The government's policy on this has been an extremely careful one and the statements made by the Princess of Wales have not been in line with that policy."

The government is involved in international negotiations for a worldwide ban on landmines, but in the meantime the army is still using them.

The princess has insisted the row over her comments is a distraction and all she was trying to do was help.

She is in Angola as a guest of the International Red Cross, which has been pressing for a landmine ban.

Labour has welcomed the intervention by the princess. It is backing calls for an international moratorium on the use of anti-personnel mines.

Shadow defence spokesman, David Clark, said: "I think we should all welcome the fact she has gone to Angola and she has tried to warn the world of the dangers of these terrible weapons. I think we should be applauding what she's doing."

Last edited:
Last edited:
William's confirmation, Diana wore probably the loveliest suit I ever saw her in.

IMO the Princess of Wales looked absolutely radiant and most beautiful in 1997.

In her late years, she looked much more like a star, IMO. This style fitted her nicely, however I prefer the shy girl of the early days. She had this sweetness and this English rose complex that you could no longer find in the 90's.

I know what you mean,TheTruth. She definitely seemed to have more of an "edge" during the late 80s and 90s. My absolutely favourite pictures of Diana are from 1980 through mid-1984. After that she glammed up her look and didn't have that vulnerable aura about her.

In her late years, she looked much more like a star, IMO. This style fitted her nicely, however I prefer the shy girl of the early days. She had this sweetness and this English rose complex that you could no longer find in the 90's.

Back
Top Bottom