Diana's Engagements: 1981-1997, Complete List and Photographs

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
July what of 1981?
The pink-and-blue quilted jacket with her sister Sarah and the Duchess of Kent was July 3, 1981.
The floral suit with Grace, Albert and Stephanie was July 4.
Diana's very first Wimbledon appearance was July 2 (she attended three days in a row that year.) She wore a solid blue jacket with red or fuchsia collar and lapels, over a plain white shirt. I think there's a picture in "Invitation to a Royal Wedding" by Kathryn Spink. I haven't seen a picture in this thread.

Priceless! After all these years, I am still finding pictures of Princess Diana that I had not seen before. These are amongst the most beautiful I have ever seen because it gives us a glimpse into how she interacts with other members of the Royal Family specifically the Kents.
And oh! these must be one of the memories most treasured by Prince William. A day having fun with the 'best mum in the world'.
And what a wonderful fun loving pair she projects with her sister-in-law the Duchess Of York.
Yes thank you very much 'The Truth', gfg02 and CasiraghiTrio for the wonderful pictures!

Hi all! I was really pleased to find these wonderful pictures of princess Diana some of them I've never seen before. As opposed to many of you, I like Diana's period of the 80's. I adore the pictures of Ascot where she was wearing the red and white strips outfit. It's true that now it appears rediculous to us seeing Diana with this kind of outfits and that she doesn't look as elegant as in the 90's period. However, I like those pictures because she looks so innocent and fresh at that time as an ENGLISH ROSE, as opposed to her pictures of the 90's where she appears tired, sad and depressed. I also like her red or pink dresses because, as many of you know, she wears these coulours when she feel in a good mood.
I think that although Diana seemed to be a "Vamp of elegance", she was not happy and through elegance tried to hide her sadness and personnal problems. She was oblilged to fulfill her royal engagements that's why she had to reflect the image of the elegant Lady and princess to her fans and the photographers following her everywhere she went to the, instead of the image of the unhappy and depressed woman betrayed by her husband and his family.

Is it 1983, because I thought Charles and Diana were on a official tour of Canada at that time?

No, isn't Rosa Monckton but is Lucia Flecha de Lima in 1991

No, isn't Rosa Monckton but is Lucia Flecha de Lima in 1991

Oh yeah, sorry, you're right ! I always mix them up. Thanks gfg02 !

Diana: On This Day

Hi, I'm new here to this forum, but I've loved Diana since around the time of her engagement. I've not seen this idea here and was wondering if some of you who have done this longer could maybe do a thread of On This Date and post pictures of engagements she did on that date. For example tomorrow is November 13th, and post pictures of engagements she did on that date?

Sounds wonderful ! Hope the Moderators will agree :flowers:

As long as we don't start seeing copyrighted photos being posted directly, we should be fine.

How do you want to organise this thread, bearing in mind that there's a 48-hour time limit on editing posts?

Maybe do it on a weekly basis, rather than daily?

Since some people seem to have problems reading, let me repeat what I said in my last post.

As long as we don't start seeing copyrighted photos being posted directly, we should be fine.

I've deleted some posts containing copyrighted photos that were posted directly.:bang:

Now, back to the thread. Are you planning to take each date and post what she did in each year? So, for example, tomorrow someone would make a post looking something like:

14 November

Visited primary school in London
<links to photos>
Went to the ballet to see Giselle
<links to photos>

Second day of official visit to the planet Neptune
<links to photos>

etc? Or did you have something else in mind? One possibility is to just start the list with the day of the engagement and go from there, regardless of what day of the year you're actually posting. When we have pretty much complete information in the thread, we could stick it because it would be quite a resource. Just bear in mind that it's not possible to edit posts after 48 hours so it might not be a good idea to work on too many days at once.

Last edited:
Rememberance Day, Nov 14 1982

Nov 14, 1990 Visiting the Honda Factory in Japan

Nov 14, 1991 Walkabout in North England

Nov 14, 1992 Diana in Paris with her sister Sarah

Nov 14, 1995 Walkabout in Broadmoor

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 28, 1991

Attending a rock concert

In Paris, Nov 28, 1994

One of my many favorites dresses ! She looked tremendous that night. If I remember good the gala took place at Versailles to support an association to help children.

That is correct! I love that dress as well. She really looked stunning in eveningwear.

Does anyone know which engagement took place on December 2, 1996

Does anyone know which engagement took place on December 2, 1996

Diana , Princess Of Wales Attends Centrepoint's Christmas Campaign To Help Runaway Children From Becoming Homeless On The Streets At Bafta, Piccadilly, London.

LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM - DECEMBER 3: The Princess of Wales making an announcment 03 December 1993 that she will be making a dramatic cut in her public duties and profile. The Princess was at a lunch at the Hilton Hotel for Headway, the National Head Injuries Association.

Diana at a Charity Ball, Dec 4, 1990

Does anyone know of a website where pictures of the Princess are in date order? I have my pictures set up that way, but I would love to see if I'm missing any big events.

Diana, Princess of Wales attends a memorial service held in honour of the victims of the Brighton bombing Dec 5, 1984

Dec 5, 1990, The Princess of Wales at the Palladium

December 5, 1990 - Princess Diana Arriving at Concert in Yellow Suit
Princess Diana wears a yellow satin suit to Shirley Bassey's concert in honor of the charitable works of the Prince of Wales at the Palladium.

December 6, 1995 - LADY DIANA VISITING THE NATIONAL DANCE ACADEMY

December 6, 1993 - FIRST FLIGHT OF VIRGIN ATLANTIC A340 AIRBUS

December 7, 1992 - Princes of Wales go out togheter

December 9, 1992 Diana At Special Needs School.Princess Diana visiting Westlawn special needs school in Tyne and Wear on the day her separation from Prince Charles was announced, December 1992.

http://cache3.gettyimages.com/xc/74...4AD9FDB9CF193C4F70F8076A39DEE00378F8BCF311A3B
http://cache4.gettyimages.com/xc/74...4AD9FDB9CF193C4F70F8076A39DEEF32878DC62786D8F
http://cache4.gettyimages.com/xc/73390310.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=DEEB866C4E371D7D2AC9FE700F57705B

The Princess of Wales returns to Kensington Palace 09 December 1992 after the announcement that she and the Prince of Wales are officially separating. British Prime Minister John Major announced that the couple would separate, but not seek a divorce.

December 8, 1996 - CHARLES AND DIANA ATTEND A PARTY AT ETON

December 9, 1996

PRINCESS DIANA VISITING A LEPERS' HOSPICE

Princess of Wales attend The Costume Institute Gala Honors Christian Dior

December 9, 1993 -CHARLES AND DIANA, A YEAR AFTER THEIR SEPARATION

Back
Top Bottom