The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-02-2006, 08:38 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidgy
The "Just like a woman" premiere was Sept. 24 1992. Here's another picture from Tim Graham. Diana's wearing her beautiful Prince of Wales feather necklace.
Is that thePrince of Wales feather brooch/pendant from the Duchess of Windsor auction? If memory serves, didn't Prince charles purchase that for her in happier days? Either way, she was always a stunner and a huge boon to British tourism and commerce.

Old 10-03-2006, 08:50 AM
Nobility

Regarding Diana's Prince of Wales feathers pendant - I posted information today (Post 158) in Diana's Jewellery thread about it.

Old 10-08-2006, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by umbrellagirl
Day 2 or day 3 of Ascot, 1981 (I find conflicting dates for these 2 days -- anybody know which was Wed. and which Thurs?)

Photos: 1. Anwar Hussein; 2. Bob Thomas/Alamy

I remember seeing photos of this outfit at the time and saying how pretty Diana looked. My brother-in-law remarked, "She looks like a clown." I was offended on her behalf, but now, looking back, I gotta agree -- he was right.:p
Maybe you thought it was pretty at the time? Was it fashionable in 1981? I know, now it is very funny! But she was so cute, it makes it ok when anyone else would look scary in that! I have a question about the photo of her with two friends. She had so many friends from her Sloaney days and I never remember who is who. Does anyone know who they are in this pic?
Old 10-08-2006, 12:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

In these Ascot pictures from 1981-1985 you can see how Diana matured into her own fasion.
Old 10-09-2006, 06:14 AM

I really started this thread because I hoped to find more pics of Diana and the little royals. I love how she used to bond with all the various royal kids like Rose and Davina Windsor at this event. But in the end, it was still very interesting to observe things, like she was always with the Queen Mother in the procession, except in 1981 as Lady Diana with Prince Andrew. Maybe I can find those others, though.
Old 10-09-2006, 03:46 PM
Serene Highness

As far as I can tell, Diana only attended four premieres in 1990.

Feb. 7 1990 Steel Magnolias (Also, Kwanfan posted a picture in post #4)
(Photos: Hola, Tim Graham)

April 17 1990 The Hunt for Red October
(photos: Hola, Royalty Magazine)

July 10 1990 Back to the Future III
(photos: Ken Goff, PDV)

Dec. 13 1990 Hobson's Choice (Kwanfan also posted a picture in post #4)
(Photo: Unseen Archives, Daily Mail) Was this a film or a play?

Old 10-09-2006, 11:51 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio
... I have a question about the photo of her with two friends. She had so many friends from her Sloaney days and I never remember who is who. Does anyone know who they are in this pic?
In the photos she is with her detective Graham Smith (who died of cancer in the early 1990's) and I think Catherine Weatherall Soames, who was married the first week of June 1981, shortly before Ascot. Remember Diana wore her striking red hat with large bow at the wedding?
Old 10-10-2006, 12:14 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by umbrellagirl
Day 2 or day 3 of Ascot, 1981:

Photos: 1.Anwar Hussein; 2.Tim Graham/Getty Images; 3.Bettmann/Corbis/APL
Se looks so gorgeous in that dress. I could never pull it off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfg02
This was fashion in the 1980's
Some of the eighties fashions were nice. Many of them were decent and kids could dress like actual kids.
Old 10-10-2006, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Jean
In the photos she is with her detective Graham Smith (who died of cancer in the early 1990's) and I think Catherine Weatherall Soames, who was married the first week of June 1981, shortly before Ascot. Remember Diana wore her striking red hat with large bow at the wedding?
Hmm, no I don't recall that but I probably would know it if I saw it. Catherine Soames, of course! They were friends for such a long time. To the very end!
Old 10-10-2006, 04:13 PM
Serene Highness

Well, I think that Diana & Catherine Soames had a falling out in 1995 and never patched things up.

On the other hand, Diana did remain on good terms with Inspector Graham Smith. When he was struggling with cancer, she would bring him along with her on her holidays abroad, not as a bodyguard, but as a guest. She even attended his funeral, along with her sister Sarah, in 1993.
Old 10-16-2006, 07:31 PM
Nobility

Thank you so much for posting these photos. I always felt that Diana was her prettiest during 1984 when pregnant with Harry. And that cream dress with the cream and brown trimmed hat was one of my favourites.
Old 10-18-2006, 07:56 PM
Nobility

Thanks for sharing those pics! Isn't it amazing that she wore that blue sequinned number (Hunt for Red October) only 3 months before wearing the beautiful pearl-covered one? They look like they should be a generation apart at least!
Old 10-18-2006, 08:52 PM

Smile Princess Diana Photos

I want to thank everyone who sent photos and info. I really enjoyed viewing these beautiful photos.
Old 04-12-2007, 11:12 AM
Royal Highness

does one of the photos (i can't remember which one, one of the first ones) show fergie poking someone with an umbrella and diana laughing about it? i heard they did that one time at ascot, and the queen was not amused about it. sorry if its a little off topic, but i didn't know where else to ask.
Old 04-12-2007, 12:34 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eman Bahaa
Yikes. Not one of Diana's better fashion choices!

I have always loved that pink suit with the purple trim! My two favorite colors!
Old 04-12-2007, 02:28 PM
Royal Highness

thanks for the pictures... very funny to look at, but hard to imagine they'd do such an immature thing at their age.
Old 04-12-2007, 07:54 PM
Royal Highness

Cool

I remember when the umbrella pictures were first shown and Diana and Sarah were criticized in the media. I had read in a magazine that they were talked to by Charles and Her Majesty who both were not amused. One victim of the umbrella was Princess Michael of Kent. Thank you for the pictures Eman some I've never seen before.
Old 04-14-2007, 01:50 PM
Serene Highness

ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
8f40_12.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
47_1-1.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Diana and Prince Andrew in 1985
- - picture 10

http://editorial.acionline.biz/searc...9-3E5FC60B91F8}
http://editorial.acionline.biz/searc...9-1AE3D07EAB3B}

GL987403.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

1987, 1990 and her sister Jane in 1997.
Fotobanka isifa image service
Old 04-15-2007, 05:27 PM
Courtier

What time a year is the trooping ceremony ?
Old 04-15-2007, 07:30 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissSaga
What time a year is the trooping ceremony ?
the second week of june

Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-

Tags
diana princess of wales, princess diana